PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else think this is too much?

x Shad0wfiend x
12-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Anybody else think having Uplay AND Companion AND Initiates is a bit too much?

I'm a guy who wants to do everything in a game like assassin's creed, which means I also want to get every single chest in the game. But having to get to lvl 11 in initiates or doing every single boring mission on the companion app to be able to open my chests is really frustrating.
I think Uplay alone is enough to be put in the game.

Hope this won't return in the next games.

What are your thoughts?

melbye82
12-01-2014, 05:47 PM
It is too much. It is unreasonable of Ubisoft to just assume that everybody has a device that can access the Companion-app

KPRage
12-01-2014, 05:48 PM
I made a thread with my thoughts about the things that could be different here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/963888-My-Thoughts-About-The-Future-The-AC-Sequel-Suggestion-Thread

But, yeah, I agree with you. Initiates should just have more community rewards than in-game, Companion Apps should be dumped and uPlay rewards should just solely have weapons, outfits, missions and bonuses.

EmptyCrustacean
12-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Is the Nomad App free?

KPRage
12-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Is the Nomad App free?

It's free, but there are a few things that require purchase for the full experience.

DeanOMiite
12-01-2014, 06:45 PM
I'm doing all the extra stuff too and I think it's too much as well. I actually like WHAT the companion app is, I just wish that it was in the game and not a side app. To me, you should be able to do every single thing in a game IN THAT GAME. Like...even legacy unlocks I'm not a fan of, and I absolutely loathe preorder bonuses, especially the way AC games do it because they're extra missions. HATE that. Initiates I don't like, but I at least get it. It's cool to have something that keeps track of how you play and what you've done in all AC games, I just wish it didn't impact the actual game, i.e. the chests...and sorry OP, bad news, you actually have to be Initiates lvl 15 to unlock everything, there's a chest in southern Paris that requires that level.

So to me...Initiates would be awesome if it wasn't tied to chests, and the nomad app would be awesome if it was just in the game. Like...the exact same thing it is, just IN the game. And I actually like the app itself and play it all the time, I have PLENTY of time to use it and I use it all the time because I'm in the hospital with my daughter all day (she's fine, just born premature, waiting for her to get bigger is all) so I'm using it constantly. But again...put it in game and it makes SO much more sense.

D.I.D.
12-01-2014, 06:53 PM
I'm sure there's somebody who likes all that stuff.

It's not really a system they can even refine and make it good, I think. At first, I was really interested to see if the map would improve the game, because there was potential for that. I hoped I would be able to prop my phone up on my desk, and cast my eyes down to that instead of using a minimap on my main screen.

In practice, this didn't work. The minimap is instantly understandable in a fraction of a second, whereas the app is not and the distance involved in moving my eyes from screen to screen is too long. It's also never going to be workable, even if the phone's map was as clear as it could possibly be, because of power issues. Having the screen on permanently, with wifi, data transfers, and animations, is a huge power drain. Hooking up a power lead and a cable across my desk in order to play for long periods is not convenient.

And yes, system upon system, nags upon nags, the screen and menus becoming a bewildering mess; this is not good.

DanonMight
12-01-2014, 07:06 PM
On next game we will have to follow facebook and twitter for secret chest locations:]. I hate that stuff and even if I bought the game i haven't passed sequence 2 couse there is just to many garbage popping up. I will never understand why there is no option to have all that In the game itself? Maybe im to old gamer but that sort of things just ruins immersion.
But on the other hand no one would do something that won't sell so people likes It I suppose.

EmptyCrustacean
12-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Will I need to purchase them in order to get 100% sync?

Asperkai
12-01-2014, 07:19 PM
I have been trying to do everything in game, slow on the app because I waited until about a week ago to actually start using it. What I would like to know is what do I have to do to level in Initiates? Because I am only level seven and have finished the main story collected all chests did the enigma to unlock the medieval armor. All I have left is the murder mysteries and a couple of rifts... oh and co-op since I am still having issues connecting. Also noticed that my other games on the pc show only Brotherhood as being owned by me. Only game I am missing is black flag and Rogue.. also why doesn't this count AC 1 other than me owning the disk and not just a digital copy?

KPRage
12-01-2014, 07:23 PM
To level up in Initiates, for now at least, you need to build up your Accomplishments. This means doing a lot of different kills, free-running and stealth grinding.

Junguler
12-01-2014, 08:04 PM
the campanion app, initiates (or whatever the hell it spelled) and that horrible microtransactions made me not pre-order the game, seeing how it was/is filled with bugs and glitches and frame rate issues i'm glad i didn't buy it.
now they said they gonna fix the technical problems and that good i guess (atleast they are commited to the fans who already bought the game) but i'm not sure if they gonna remove those 3 things from the game.
puting content on the disk/download and then locking it behind some crazy bs is not consumer freindly and i've decided to not support these horrible buisness practices ubisoft is trying to do here.

D.I.D.
12-01-2014, 08:39 PM
the campanion app, initiates (or whatever the hell it spelled) and that horrible microtransactions made me not pre-order the game, seeing how it was/is filled with bugs and glitches and frame rate issues i'm glad i didn't buy it.
now they said they gonna fix the technical problems and that good i guess (atleast they are commited to the fans who already bought the game) but i'm not sure if they gonna remove those 3 things from the game.
puting content on the disk/download and then locking it behind some crazy bs is not consumer freindly and i've decided to not support these horrible buisness practices ubisoft is trying to do here.

Microtransactions are on their own menu page. You won't see them unless you go to the page.

The companion app and the Initiates thing only open chests. If you own most of the games, you'll automatically be at an Initiates level to open the yellow chests. Initiates still isn't completely fixed though, and even though my UPlay sees all the games, my Initiates does not.

The companion app opens blue chests. There aren't that many of them in the world, so you just learn to ignore them. Aside from that, you'll occasionally see a Nexus point in the world which opens up a landmark in the companion app's version of the world. Again, ignore that.

It's irritating that they put these systems in at all and that they functioned so poorly at launch, but they're fairly easy to forget about if you don't want to engage with them. And no, they probably never will be patched out of the game.

x Shad0wfiend x
12-01-2014, 10:53 PM
I have been trying to do everything in game, slow on the app because I waited until about a week ago to actually start using it. What I would like to know is what do I have to do to level in Initiates? Because I am only level seven and have finished the main story collected all chests did the enigma to unlock the medieval armor. All I have left is the murder mysteries and a couple of rifts... oh and co-op since I am still having issues connecting. Also noticed that my other games on the pc show only Brotherhood as being owned by me. Only game I am missing is black flag and Rogue.. also why doesn't this count AC 1 other than me owning the disk and not just a digital copy?

I played all the games except rogue on 360, got Unity on Ps4. But my 360 games wont sync with initiates which resets me to lvl 1, which means ill never get that lvl 15 chest :(
That really sucks!