PDA

View Full Version : Does Ubisoft read these posts!!!!!

del170919084429
12-01-2014, 07:50 AM
sooooooo many problems and I don't se any answers, for me, the latest's update actually made my cinematic worse. At least the game runs fine, but what the hell are they doing. I bought the xbox bundle with unity and black flag. The stupid game plays better on xbox than on pc. I understand its a port, but they have a development team for the pc that made an epic fail upon release. I have to admit before my save file was erased I was enjoying the game, now its getting old trying to fix this crap. next they will tell us they are going to reset the companion app and start the game over its all fixed. I don't think I will ever pre-order another Ubisoft game. you need to wait 6 months after release for them to get it right, if they even do. whats the point of them giving us free content to download, for me that's like getting a free voucher for a microwave at sears, and then when you get it they say oh its free, but it doesn't work right. I don't care about free dlc I want a game that I can play, and not have to keep restarting or doing extra crap to make the game sort of run the way its supposed to. I actually think Unity is a great game, the mystery murders are fun I wish there were more but maybe that will come later. I want to love this game so bad but I keep wanting to punch my 800 dollar monitor every time I play it. I mean lets be honest this game has no replay value. Once you do it there is no need to do it again, nothing changes. UBISOFT DISABLE THE COMPANION APP, ITS BROKEN WTF. Im on the fence here whos worse EA or Ubisoft. they do the same crap release a 75% finished game with 100000000 bugs and then try to patch it up by handing out free crap, at least ea gave me a free game for the sim city issues, because I don't have the season pass Ubisoft is just giving me some dlc crap that wont run properly anyway. I know devs need to make money in order to continue work on their games, but at least test the functionality of a system like the companion app before you release the game and then everyone hates you. Anyway at this point there's no need to complain anymore, Ubisoft doesn't listen anyway. they will come out with patch 2.0 that's supposed to be the fix everything patch and in 6 months the game will run fine.

strigoi1958
12-01-2014, 12:54 PM
The forum is generally populated by us gamers who came here seeking help or in a lot of cases to rant (I did but I ranted at Ubi and it was a software problem on my PC :o) there are some very good people here.

Sections of the forum posts DO get back to Ubi hierarchy and the development team, but I think, if they came here some people would want to vent or make personal demands rather than go through a Q and A session.

I remember the outrage on this forum when the Watch Dogs specs were announced... people were going ballistic complaining they were too high ( most peoples systems cost little more than your monitor) and WD was delayed, it seems Ubi listened... when it was released everyone complained the graphics were lowered :confused: so we complain if nothing is changed then we complain when they are changed... it's no wonder Ubi staff do not spend time here.
WD ran brilliantly for me on my old GTX670 but other high spec rigs said they had problems.... I guess making a game for PC's that vary in components and prices from a $700 system to $30,000 system must be a nightmare, especially when Nvidia still only makes 1 driver to fit all.... I often ask them to make an extreme driver, more focused for high spec/ sli/ multi monitor systems.

Back to Unity, I think the Unity deadline was the deciding factor in how the game was at release. When it's time to be released, you cannot magically fix anything instantly. :(
Apart from light coming through the walls inside buildings (before patch 2) everything has been good for me... I don't use the companion app, I think Ubi has replaced the modern section from previous games with ourselves... in ACBF we left the animus and went to another PC played a game (hacked the system) but now WE leave the game and use a mobile or tablet and play a nomad game....
Which is great for me because all the modern part was a break in immersion for me and now I can skip it :D

del170919084429
12-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Thank you for your post. I understand what you are saying about unity and ubisofts decision to release the game at a certain time. Although if you reach a point where you know things are not functioning correctly (and here Im talking about Unity properly communicating with the companion app, and other flaws) they should have made the decision to push the game back. Look at blizzard, the diablo series was pushed back for so many years and yet there are still hundreds of thousands that play diablo 2. The witcher 3 was set to release earlier this year, now its pushed back to next year. I feel over the past 5 years with the improvements in console games its just too easy for developers to port a game and say (we will just fix it as time goes by). I only started playing the assassin creed series by accident really. I played the first one and didn't like it, when I bought my new set of graphics cards I got black flag for free, and it turned into my favorite game. Now this was back in july when all the glitches and such were fixed, so I was playing what you might call a polished game. I would just like to see a little more integrity when it comes to pc games. GTA 5 for example released for ps4 and xbox one, but coming to pc January 27th. This is great for me as a gamer, because they know they need to fix direct port issues and that shows their integrity as a company to set a standard for quality and performance, a standard that Ubisoft and Electronic Arts just does not have period.

strigoi1958
12-02-2014, 12:15 AM
I think GTA 4 is still regarded as the worst port ever and still getting bad FPS with todays systems and gpu's but I guess if we like a game we put up with the things that are not quite right. With WD they did delay it (probably to lower the requirements) and got angry comments anyway.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/552103-gta-iv-is-the-worst-pc-port-of-all-time/

I think the fact that Sony and MS wanted Unity to be the lead game on the PS4 and XBone for christmas... forced the release date even though we had a 2 week wait. In the end it is the publishers who decide to release regardless of whether the game is 95% or 99%.

With Unity it was practically done it is just the extras like the companion app and initiates but I have to admit they have tried to put an awful lot into the game... possibly too much, but in a few days or weeks everything should be fine, the same as Black Flag.

BladeUK606
12-02-2014, 05:10 PM
, a standard that Ubisoft and Electronic Arts just does not have period.

EA have already learned from their previous mistakes, BF hardline was supposed to be out by now but was pushed back to 2015 due to beta feedback, Dragon age has been largely well received with few bugs overall.

The biggest issue the publishers have is people moan if they don't release, I have even had such an argument with a person on these forums after unity's release, and they cancel pre-orders (pre-order numbers have a massive effect on budgets and an idea of how well a game is going to perform, and therefore how many units distributors will order), in some cases they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

The whole gaming industry wants to release all big titles in the fall, until this changes I can't foresee a change in the way games are launched and they way they are all buggy as hell for some people.

Mr_Shade
12-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Yes, staff do read the forums, and answer where we can.

The team as a whole is working on updates to solve many issues, as per the updates published here and also on the live update site - which I am guessing you have seen?

http://ubi.li/t6uex

There is also a know issues thread in the Community Support forum: http://ubi.li/zddmr

It's also vital, if you are affected by issues that you are in touch with support directly, since your information and troubleshooting can help solve the issues quicker!

www.support.ubi.com

del170919084429
12-02-2014, 10:47 PM
thank you mr.shade for the reply. You haven't answered one question though. If ubisoft knows the game is not ready why not push it back a few months?

Nocturnal626
12-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Yes, staff do read the forums, and answer where we can.

The team as a whole is working on updates to solve many issues, as per the updates published here and also on the live update site - which I am guessing you have seen?

http://ubi.li/t6uex

There is also a know issues thread in the Community Support forum: http://ubi.li/zddmr

It's also vital, if you are affected by issues that you are in touch with support directly, since your information and troubleshooting can help solve the issues quicker!

www.support.ubi.com

Is that not what a beta test is for? Im sorry but i bought Gold Edition and dropped 40 bucks on in game weapons and gear also upgraded the mobile app and I am basically playing a beta? Thats not alright in any way! If you guys are making it up with a free game then where is it?!!! or do you enjoy making your fans irate while you sit back and watch us fume in our rage that you started!? I asked 10000 times for a refund and was not given one. You promise a new game but then make us wait for it when i would have purchased the game Already if it was not said to come free and if i do purchase the game i get some ****ty as game for 8 year olds as a "Our bad" I DIDN'T PAY FOR BETA!! Im so furious with all of this you have no idea! I have not felt so Negatively towards a company since EA and all the mess that was Battlefield. I Will never buy another battlefield title and now never buy another AC Title Ever again! It just makes me sad that already i lost two franchises that i adored so much. O well I guess you live and learn and never buy a game on release day.:(