PDA

View Full Version : Don't Buy Rogue Yet! - Audio Lag

STDlyMcStudpants
12-01-2014, 07:22 AM
I feel like a Beta tester trying to review this game.
I've NEVER experienced such a broken game..
It is painful to play.
I had no problems in the north atlantic section of the game.
I seem to only be experiencing issues in the River Valley section.
Please fix this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgdoWW0j7tw

Rafe Harwood
12-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Audio lag? I only noticed it once, when you did the synchronise view bit.

That's enough for you to advise others not to play it? I've played some tough gigs, but, tough bloomin audience has whole new meaning lol

Riku_Kurosaki15
12-01-2014, 09:06 AM
I've played it and beaten it and gotten 98% total sync in it(damn Storm Fortress is preventing me from getting 100%)and I never experienced any issue with audio lag. What system are you playing it on? Disk or digital? If it's disk, it may be a bad disk or something.

Gideon1911
12-01-2014, 09:09 AM
i think it's just you, been playing for 2 weeks here, never happened to me.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Hate to burst your fan boy bubbles.. but it''s not just me
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/948546-Audio-Stutter-in-AC-Rogue-Forums
http://help.howproblemsolution.com/526783/ps3-ac-rogue-no-audio-at-all
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/826286-assassins-creed-rogue/70552286

KPRage
12-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Holy cow, there are a few patchable problems with a game, ABANDON THE SHIP AND LEAVE THE CHILDREN BEHIND!

Nothing is perfect, everything is fixable, mate. I bought ACRo a week after buying Unity and I can only complain about the shadows. That's it. A few minor things are not game-breaking, so you should just give the game a break.

Aphex_Tim
12-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Holy cow, there are a few patchable problems with a game, ABANDON THE SHIP AND LEAVE THE CHILDREN BEHIND!

Nothing is perfect, everything is fixable, mate.

Tell that to the people causing the current AC:U ****storm.

KPRage
12-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Tell that to the people causing the current AC:U ****storm.

It's not an easy vigil, but at least we can try and be real supporters of AC and Ubisoft.

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Well that's some bad luck.I have Rogue with no problem....other than having no DLC and no Legacy outfits.....I'd rather have a audio lag.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-01-2014, 06:58 PM

Nothing is perfect, everything is fixable, mate. I bought ACRo a week after buying Unity and I can only complain about the shadows. That's it. A few minor things are not game-breaking, so you should just give the game a break.

Mavbe you missed the word 'yet'.
This audio issue is RUINING my immersion.
If you don't want to WAIT (what i mean by the word YET) and have your immersion broken every 15 min or so, then by all means don't wait for a patch.. roll the dice :rolleyes:

KPRage
12-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Mavbe you missed the word 'yet'.
This audio issue is RUINING my immersion.
If you don't want to WAIT (what i mean by the word YET) and have your immersion broken every 15 min or so, then by all means don't wait for a patch.. roll the dice :rolleyes:

Oh, it's ruining your immersion? That's a shame.

WELP, I guess I'll see you in a few weeks.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Oh, it's ruining your immersion? That's a shame.

WELP, I guess I'll see you in a few weeks.

No, I have a schedule. I need to get the review out by next friday, there is no waiting for me.
Its a shame that this is the first time ill have to give 2 separate overall scores as a current state and potential with a patch

phoenix-force411
12-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Is your Pistol Holster I upgrade bugged?

wickywoowoo
12-01-2014, 08:02 PM
I've been playing Rogue for over two weeks and outside the odd blip you get in pretty much any game (and could be my console for all I know), I've had no problems at all with it.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-02-2014, 09:26 AM
Is your Pistol Holster I upgrade bugged?

No.
I've progressed further into the story, where i can do naval campaign and im not having as much issue.. its still there, but much less noticeable.
Thinking maybe this audio bug is tied to memory 4?

Mr_Stunner
12-02-2014, 03:35 PM
I really hope they realease a Rogue Director's Cut edition for the PS4 and XBox One, with all the bugs fix and possibly some extra content. Come on Ubisoft that's the elast you can do after the huge Unity flop. I don't think the people who bought Unity feel like investing on their old system...

bitebug2003
12-02-2014, 03:53 PM
I haven't come across any bugs or issues that make the game unplayable (aside from the Fort de Sable DLC)

I'd love to see this on the PS4 too :)

STDlyMcStudpants
12-02-2014, 08:11 PM
I haven't come across any bugs or issues that make the game unplayable (aside from the Fort de Sable DLC)

I'd love to see this on the PS4 too :)

I had no problems with Fort De Sable.. I am having issues with uplay though which sucks.. that gas mask perk would come in handy =/

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 08:19 PM
It's not like he said "ARARARARA don't ever buy Rogue!!!!" come on, guys. He just said "yet", which seems reasonable.

Rafe Harwood
12-02-2014, 09:53 PM
It's not like he said "ARARARARA don't ever buy Rogue!!!!" come on, guys. He just said "yet", which seems reasonable.

For one sound glitch? Your ideas of reasonable and mine are obviously a couple of degrees different :/

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 10:03 PM
For one sound glitch? Your ideas of reasonable and mine are obviously a couple of degrees different :/

Yeah, so what? As you said, it's all subjective. I wont be buying ACU again until the frame rate is fixed. Others fine it tolerable as it is.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2014, 07:30 PM
You underestimate this issue.. this is far more than just 'one sound glitch'
I along with many others im sure like to clear the map of icons as soon as possible.. coincidentally when you are given the free reigns to explore the north atlantic AND the river valley is memory 4... and also coincidentally for some reason this memory seemed to have triggered a massive lag in the game... when it saved the game would freeze up.... audio would cut out... it was painful..... you saw only a couple of seconds in my shared video... i attempted to travel to every location in the game i could..i had to deal with this for a good 4 hours give or take until i realized i need to progress further to get some collectibles...which ultimately saved me as im no longer having audio issues.

Mr_Shade
12-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Very odd issue :( - I take it you did contact support?

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Very odd issue :( - I take it you did contact support?

I don't need support though :P its an issue with the game itself, not a setting on my ps3 or anything :D

Landruner
12-03-2014, 10:23 PM
I feel like a Beta tester trying to review this game.
I've NEVER experienced such a broken game..
It is painful to play.
I had no problems in the north atlantic section of the game.
I seem to only be experiencing issues in the River Valley section.
Please fix this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgdoWW0j7tw

Thank you STDy for sharing that stuff with us ... I personally did not buy any of the AC this year because I learned that they will have both issues, (honestly I have enough Ubisoft business partners around me and else that warned me accordingly months ago, however; I did not think that it was going that bad....) - Too me this kind of issues (audio or visual) are total immersion breakers for any game. So yep, I will wait until they fix this, after all....I can leave without playing the new AC games.

pacmanate
12-03-2014, 11:37 PM
I don't need support though :P its an issue with the game itself, not a setting on my ps3 or anything :D

Hope this is patched by Christmas

Rafe Harwood
12-03-2014, 11:55 PM
You underestimate this issue.. this is far more than just 'one sound glitch'
I along with many others im sure like to clear the map of icons as soon as possible.. coincidentally when you are given the free reigns to explore the north atlantic AND the river valley is memory 4... and also coincidentally for some reason this memory seemed to have triggered a massive lag in the game... when it saved the game would freeze up.... audio would cut out... it was painful..... you saw only a couple of seconds in my shared video... i attempted to travel to every location in the game i could..i had to deal with this for a good 4 hours give or take until i realized i need to progress further to get some collectibles...which ultimately saved me as im no longer having audio issues.

No idea why it's taking you so long. I had most of that stuff (the collectibles and map opened up) in sequence 2.

As I said before, it was slightly amusing to first off be helping the french take out the English in battles and getting a handshake from them, and then later in the game, the reverse situation and all the places I had helped the French get, I was now helping the English take back.

You're slacking if it took you that far into the game to clear ;)

And seeing as it seems there are a great many of us who had no problem at all with Rogue and wondering what on earth you are on about, I would say you were just unlucky. Most people (myself included) loved it.

Even if the story was a bit on the short side, it was meaningful and interesting.

Personally, I would recommend everyone get Rogue now (or three weeks ago). People need to stop getting on the 'hate ubi' bandwagon. Unity may have problems, but Rogue has a sound glitch that one person has found/is upset by? Don't make me laugh.

MakimotoJin
12-04-2014, 12:34 AM
No idea why it's taking you so long. I had most of that stuff (the collectibles and map opened up) in sequence 2.

As I said before, it was slightly amusing to first off be helping the french take out the English in battles and getting a handshake from them, and then later in the game, the reverse situation and all the places I had helped the French get, I was now helping the English take back.

And seeing as it seems there are a great many of us who had no problem at all with Rogue and wondering what on earth you are on about, I would say you were just unlucky. Most people (myself included) loved it.

Even if the story was a bit on the short side, it was meaningful and interesting.

Personally, I would recommend everyone get Rogue now (or three weeks ago). People need to stop getting on the 'hate ubi' bandwagon. Unity may have problems, but Rogue has a sound glitch that one person has found/is upset by? Don't make me laugh.

Rogue does have a few annoying glitches,at least for me.I have no pre-order content,and no legacy outfits.
Also,everytime I go to the lift while the Morrigan is moving,I start going sky high and dissapear.

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 12:39 AM
Rogue does have a few annoying glitches,at least for me.I have no pre-order content,and no legacy outfits.
Also,everytime I go to the lift while the Morrigan is moving,I start going sky high and dissapear.

I'm not going near how you moved around while the Morrigan was still moving. Although being thrown up in the air is a bit weird.

The question is, did you enjoy the game?

MakimotoJin
12-04-2014, 12:43 AM
I'm not going near how you moved around while the Morrigan was still moving. Although being thrown up in the air is a bit weird.

The question is, did you enjoy the game?

Free-running frustrations aside,hell yeah I did.I just think that Ubisoft should do something about these complaints.Almost 4 weeks ago I sent a support ticket,all I hear is the same useless stuff.
Btw,Shay can leave the moving ship when docking or boarding.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-04-2014, 05:27 AM

memory 4 not sequence 4. as you can see in the video, i was still an assassin.
I am no longer having issues so i think your best bet is to play the story without collecting until you can do the naval campaign to avoid as many issues as possible.
But i still run into annoying things like getting stuck inside of buildings lol