PDA

View Full Version : Why i am 99% sure that the next AC will be an Arno sequel during the Napoleonic Wars

dimbismp
11-30-2014, 03:44 PM
First of all,they have made so much work building the next gen mechanics etc,which means they will most likely make a game set in a similar setting,just like AC2-ACB,ACR and AC3-ACIV.What i am trying to say is that they are not going to throw so much work away.

Besides,the Napoleonic wars is one of the most important time periods ever and ,as one member stated,Napoleon is definetely among the top 3 influental people of the modern times.Also,this era gives us the oppurtinity to visit one(or more) of these settings:Austria,Germany,Russia and ofc Egypt!

Regarding Egypt,it is known that it is one of the most desired settings among the fanbase.Also,the Ankh (and generally Egypt) was mentioned in ACU(and maybe in ACRo,i am not sure).

Also,Napoleon was a major character in ACU,despite the fact he was a nobody during the French Revolution.Also,we should mention the 1800 coop Napoleon mission .Some maysay that putting Napoleon in the game is a coincidence,but i do not believe so.Furthermore,the Apple of Eden-AC2 reference was hardly an easter egg IMO!

Finally,after Arno's ending monologue,we watch Napoleon and Arno visit the temple,after many yeras.Most people believe that this was a Dead Kings DLC reference.I don't think so!Dead Kings takes place in 1794,while this scene takes place many years after that time.So,do you think that it could be anyone instead of Napoleon at the final scene? ;)

Last but not least,some people argue that the Arno reception was not good,so Ubi won't make another game about him.Don't kid yourselves....Ubi is definetely working on 2015 and 2016 AC and maybe even the 2017-2018 ACs!(assuming they continue the annual releases)What i mean is that Ubi has already decided about the settin,protagonist of the next game and they weren't going to wait for the character's reception.

ze_topazio
11-30-2014, 03:59 PM
I would love to parkour in Vienna.

Already said this a few days ago in a similar thread.

I sure hope it's Egypt, and I hope at least two cities, Cairo and Alexandria, plus some mandatory locations like Luxor, Karnak, Abu Simbel and the Giza plateau.

Shahkulu101
11-30-2014, 04:17 PM
I kind of want them to move on to completely different time periods and locations. Especially a time period without guns (boy are those things a pain in the *** in Unity) - something completely different. We've had European cities since AC2 now (I'm aware AC3 and 4 aren't in Europe - I mean in terms of architecture) and I think we need complete revamp in terms of setting. An ancient setting maybe, the much requested Far East setting, I could go on...

Also, if we're going to go to Egypt for the Napoleonic wars I wouldn't mind that despite the fact the time period is so close what we've just got because the setting would be considerably different. However I'd prefer if it were an actual Egyptian native and not Arno, I like Arno but we should be done with reusing protagonists. It's good to get a fresh face every year and that would mean we'd yet again have a male character hogging the spotlight for multiple games.

VestigialLlama4
11-30-2014, 04:17 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/963453-So-any-hints-in-Unity-Rogue-that-you-think-might-be-pointing-to-the-next-location

There's already a thread for this topic.

First of all,they have made so much work building the next gen mechanics etc,which means they will most likely make a game set in a similar setting,just like AC2-ACB,ACR and AC3-ACIV.What i am trying to say is that they are not going to throw so much work away.

They made Arno to build a franchise around him which is why they made him such an Ezio clone(even if Ezio was never intended to be a Franchise) so its a possibility, but UNITY is such a complete disaster of a game that it would definitely see some hiccups, especially since Arno has not been especially popular as a character.

Besides,the Napoleonic wars is one of the most important time periods ever and ,as one member stated,Napoleon is definetely among the top 3 influental people of the modern times.Also,this era gives us the oppurtinity to visit one(or more) of these settings:Austria,Germany,Russia and ofc Egypt!

There's more to those settings than "Napoleon Was Here" or "Napoleon Passed Through Here", though Napoleon's Adventures in Egypt is an interesting point in history, but I think those other settings could be done in more interesting periods than the Napoleonic Era. The fact is to do Napoleon, Assassin's Creed has to become a War Game and not the Urban Exploration/Parkour/Social Stealth/Adventure thing, since Napoleon travelled a lot.

Regarding Egypt,it is known that it is one of the most desired settings among the fanbase.Also,the Ankh (and generally Egypt) was mentioned in ACU(and maybe in ACRo,i am not sure).

Assassin's Creed is under no obligation to chronicle the complete history of the world. They should think what the pillars of the Franchise are and depending how interested they are in a period or setting, modify or retain it.

stobbsy1
11-30-2014, 07:39 PM
Personally, I wouldn't mind Arno having some influence of the outcome of the Battle of Trafalgar which was in 1805 between the English and Spanish/French. Not to mention the Battle of Waterloo in 1815. Maybe Arno could meet the Duke of Wellington or Admiral Lord Nelson. hmm Arno and Richard Sharpe teaming up.....

The problem with situating a game outside of Europe, is nothing ever happened outside of Europe of significance pre 1900s apart from the areas already covered by other AC games.

bgfgty66
11-30-2014, 07:48 PM
No the next game will feature Connor as the main protagonist. Those 7 or 8 super ubi forum Connor fanboys rejoice while every else goes "wry?"

Conniving_Eagle
11-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Not to mention, Napoleon has an apple of Eden.

(As we saw in Unity)

Xstantin
11-30-2014, 07:59 PM
No the next game will feature Connor as the main protagonist. Those 7 or 8 super ubi forum Connor fanboys rejoice while every else goes "wry?"

What does Connor has to do with anything here? I go "why" just by looking at that nonsense you wrote

king-hailz
11-30-2014, 08:35 PM
The next game will be either in England or spain next but I don't want arno again! Please no!!! I want another person more interesting.

Megas_Doux
11-30-2014, 08:45 PM
The only thing you have to be 99% sure about is that with Ubi you NEVER know. Nobody expected ACR´s setting or even its existance, nobody saw the caribbean coming, even Italy during XV century was a surprise.

king-hailz
11-30-2014, 08:50 PM
The only thing you have to be 99% sure about is that with Ubi you NEVER know. Nobody expected ACR´s setting or even its existance, nobody saw the caribbean coming, even Italy during XV century was a surprise.

That's true! If we are getting a surprise I think maybe an Asian setting or a viking setting...

Megas_Doux
11-30-2014, 08:55 PM
I have mixed feelings about a viking setting for its formula would be pretty similar to that of AC IV and Rogue. I mean, Black Flag is my favorite AC game to date, but if anything, I prefer huge urban environments and then some rural stuff. If only Unity had a playable countryside surrounding Paris :(

Then, I would love an Asian setting, mostly China.

bgfgty66
11-30-2014, 09:20 PM
What does Connor has to do with anything here? I go "why" just by looking at that nonsense you wrote
looks like someone can't take a joke.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-30-2014, 10:36 PM
The problem with situating a game outside of Europe, is nothing ever happened outside of Europe of significance pre 1900s apart from the areas already covered by other AC games.

LOL. Not much of a student of history then, are you.

Namikaze_17
11-30-2014, 10:42 PM
Normally I'd be like: "YES! Can't wait for Arno against Napoleon! And Egypt!"

But after seeing them in Unity, I'm kinda meh about it.

Arno didn't get me wanting more, his story just seemed suited for one game, not a sequel(s).

And people are tired of 18th century so it'll be hard to tie up this and the stuff with Shay. :confused:

I personally see Shay getting that Sequel than Arno at this point.

bgfgty66
12-01-2014, 01:05 AM
I personally see Shay getting that Sequel than Arno at this point.
A Shay, Arno, and Connor sequel. that'd be pretty cool way to "end" the 18th century part of AC. so they can go on to a new time period altogether.

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 01:13 AM
A Shay, Arno, and Connor sequel. that'd be pretty cool way to "end" the 18th century part of AC. so they can go on to a new time period altogether.

I could dig it...don't forget Aveline as well.

Knock four birds with one stone. ^^

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 01:47 AM
I could dig it...don't forget Aveline as well.

Knock four birds with one stone. ^^

Shay,Eseosa,Aveline,Arno,and Connor.Poor Shay.(or not)

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 01:50 AM
Shay,Eseosa,Aveline,Arno,and Connor.Poor Shay.(or not)

Ah, yes. Eseosa as well. ^^

D.I.D.
12-01-2014, 01:52 AM
I have mixed feelings about a viking setting for its formula would be pretty similar to that of AC IV and Rogue. I mean, Black Flag is my favorite AC game to date, but if anything, I prefer huge urban environments and then some rural stuff. If only Unity had a playable countryside surrounding Paris :(

Then, I would love an Asian setting, mostly China.

A viking game wouldn't be like Rogue because there'd be no naval warfare. For that reason, there might not even be much (or any?) sailing gameplay.

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 02:09 AM
A viking game wouldn't be like Rogue because there'd be no naval warfare. For that reason, there might not even be much (or any?) sailing gameplay.

The River Valley from Rogue had no enemy ships to fight against,but it was still a fun hybrid location.

SunderedStar
12-01-2014, 02:19 AM
Arno and Connor chasing Shay around the world.

Yes.

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 02:40 AM

Yes.

Being able to play all three of them.
Hell yes.

Fatal-Feit
12-01-2014, 05:45 AM

Yes.

http://media.giphy.com/media/FjeGBljESVAzu/giphy.gif

xXMiNeSwEePeRXx
12-01-2014, 07:07 AM
The next sequel could even be Connor or Shay, as there story hasn't came to an end yet either.

XeroSyphon
12-01-2014, 07:18 AM
I would love to see the next AC take place in Victorian England. They could tie the story into the legend of Spring-Heeled Jack. Just read up on him, the descriptions of the way he moved, and way he attacked people sound almost like exaggerated descriptions of an Assassin.

Anykeyer
12-01-2014, 01:51 PM
I guess they will milk France for some time, but its unlikely we'll see Arno ever again. He served his purpose.

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 02:19 PM
I guess they will milk France for some time, but its unlikely we'll see Arno ever again. He served his purpose.

By serving nothing. :rolleyes:

Auditore8
12-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Samuel Fey.

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Samuel Fey.

Who was that, by the way? :rolleyes:

Anykeyer
12-01-2014, 05:10 PM
By serving nothing. :rolleyes:He saw sage. Broke one POE and let someone steal another.

Shahkulu101
12-01-2014, 05:16 PM
He saw sage. Broke one POE and let someone stole another.

Nice spoilers.

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 05:24 PM
He saw sage. Broke one POE and let someone stole another.

http://media.giphy.com/media/JNkyq24etbYhW/giphy.gif

:rolleyes:

Anykeyer
12-01-2014, 05:25 PM
No, they arent

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 05:36 PM
No, they arent

It kinda is if you're smart enough to piece it together...

extermin8or_
12-01-2014, 07:57 PM
I think it's possible we could get a new DNA 'donor' and someone in England during Napoleonic wars with some settings set abroad for individual missions and covering the battle of Trafalgar etc...

Pandassin
12-01-2014, 08:08 PM
I think they'll be covering the Napoleon stuff in Dead Kings. I could be wrong though.

If you look in the outfits section, you'll see that you can get Napoleon's outfit in Dead Kings.

I would love an Arno sequel during the Napoleonic Wars though, I actually loved Arno in Unity and would love to see him again.

Derp43
12-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Meanwhile, I will just sit over here wanting Elise to get her own game.

Pandassin
12-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Meanwhile, I will just sit over here wanting Elise to get her own game.

I'm with you there. You have no idea how much I want to play as Élise. However more Arno is fine with me :P

DumbGamerTag94
12-01-2014, 08:42 PM
My guess is Dead Kings will be a set up for a sequel in the Napoleonic Wars. The way that freedom cry set up for Rogue.

1.Dead kings is set in 1794(so not the period of the Napoleonic wars) possibly even spanning later years.

2.Arno and Napoleon aren't "pals" as a lot of people keep criticizing. In fact it's quite the opposite. It's fairly apparent that Napoleon is using Arno. He hides things from him and gives the illusion of being a friend but Arno is nothing but a pawn. He uses him to keep his fiancé in line, then to get rid of his fiancé so he can chase a new girl. And he even manages to steal a glowing object from the palace(presumably the Apple) right from under Arno's nose and hides it from him. Some friend that is. Arno thinks he's his friend. But he cannot see the things going on behind his back nor does he know what's to come.

3. We don't know yet if dead kings happens exclusively in St Dennis. It may be an additional side city like Versailles and have a few missions in Paris as well.

My guess is that Dead Kings will cover the tail end of the revolution and Napoleon's rise to power. Most likely ending in a betrayal by Napoleon. And his Crowning as Emperor of the French. My guess is Arno goes to St. Dennis on a false lead either from a letter from Elise or a false lead from Napoleon saying that an Apple of Eden was buried with one of the kings(possibly the Sun King Louis XIV or good old Philip the Fair from the Templar prologue) of course this is a dead end as the Apple was in the palace and taken by Napoleon. So while Arno is away Napoleon seizes power(and Arno falls for it possibly even helping not realizing that Napoleon is playing him until after he's already helped place him in the highest seat of power).

Leaving the door open for a sequel set in Vienna Berlin or Moscow(likely featuring more than one city) possibly a peek at London as well. Napoleonic Wars will be a thing. I'm fairly convinced.

Megas_Doux
12-01-2014, 10:36 PM
My guess is Dead Kings will be a set up for a sequel in the Napoleonic Wars. The way that freedom cry set up for Rogue.

1.Dead kings is set in 1794(so not the period of the Napoleonic wars) possibly even spanning later years.

2.Arno and Napoleon aren't "pals" as a lot of people keep criticizing. In fact it's quite the opposite. It's fairly apparent that Napoleon is using Arno. He hides things from him and gives the illusion of being a friend but Arno is nothing but a pawn. He uses him to keep his fiancé in line, then to get rid of his fiancé so he can chase a new girl. And he even manages to steal a glowing object from the palace(presumably the Apple) right from under Arno's nose and hides it from him. Some friend that is. Arno thinks he's his friend. But he cannot see the things going on behind his back nor does he know what's to come.

3. We don't know yet if dead kings happens exclusively in St Dennis. It may be an additional side city like Versailles and have a few missions in Paris as well.

My guess is that Dead Kings will cover the tail end of the revolution and Napoleon's rise to power. Most likely ending in a betrayal by Napoleon. And his Crowning as Emperor of the French. My guess is Arno goes to St. Dennis on a false lead either from a letter from Elise or a false lead from Napoleon saying that an Apple of Eden was buried with one of the kings(possibly the Sun King Louis XIV or good old Philip the Fair from the Templar prologue) of course this is a dead end as the Apple was in the palace and taken by Napoleon. So while Arno is away Napoleon seizes power(and Arno falls for it possibly even helping not realizing that Napoleon is playing him until after he's already helped place him in the highest seat of power).

Leaving the door open for a sequel set in Vienna Berlin or Moscow(likely featuring more than one city) possibly a peek at London as well. Napoleonic Wars will be a thing. I'm fairly convinced.

I pretty much agree with that!

My two cents is that Dead kings:

Will explain the events during that time skip after killing Germain to the arrival at the catacombs with Napoleon and even further stuff.....

Will_Lucky
12-01-2014, 11:55 PM
I would love to parkour in Vienna.

Already said this a few days ago in a similar thread.

Truth be told, I'd laugh my face off if Egypt was announced...a game that covered Napoleons Exploits in Egypt with Arno hot on his heels.

Tyrhydion
12-02-2014, 12:51 AM
I don't think Arno is a standalone character for a standalone franchise game and I hope and really think he will return.

We had the Ezio trilogy, which was awesome (except for Revelations, which copy-paste of Brotherhood) and even AC III and Black Flag are connected, even more now with Rogue.

Since Napoleon was very well introduced and got well acquainted with Arno as well with us, I think it's a sin to miss them in the Napoleonic Wars and see them fighting in Vienna and getting defeated in Russia. Vienna is the other Paris of Europe and would make an awesome environment for AC!

ze_topazio
12-02-2014, 12:52 AM
The Napoleonic wars happened all over Europe, except in Great Britain, yet we have so many people suggesting London as a good setting for the Napoleonic wars.

Truth be told, I'd laugh my face off if Egypt was announced...a game that covered Napoleons Exploits in Egypt with Arno hot on his heels.

Quoting myself again from a different thread.

Arno and Napoleon in Egypt, just me having some fun.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2jcja4h.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/111t5du.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2pza9gg.jpg

Extra
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2em0mja.jpg

GoldenBoy9999
12-02-2014, 01:01 AM
An AC game with multiple main locations? Sure, I'd take that. That's part of the reason Rogue was so great. The AC3 Frontier didn't feel the greatest because it was all so confined but the River Valley was seamless and had many bite size locations separated by water so the map was still huge.

Tyrhydion
12-02-2014, 01:05 AM
Rogue has an overwhelming map, but it is still an underwhelming experience for me so far. Maybe I still can get hooked. More into Unity so far.

But Lisbon falling into pieces was epic.....I never thought Lisbon would ever be played in AC, and yet it happened.

GoldenBoy9999
12-02-2014, 01:08 AM
Rogue has an overwhelming map, but it is still an underwhelming experience for me so far. Maybe I still can get hooked. More into Unity so far.

But Lisbon falling into pieces was epic.....I never thought Lisbon would ever be played in AC, and yet it happened.

I loved that about Rogue how they changed the location up. It doesn't have to be more than a few minutes like they did but it adds a great surprise to see what different places are like. I'd like that in the subsequent games.

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 01:21 AM
(except for Revelations, which copy-paste of Brotherhood)
Which was a copy paste of AC II. At least Revelations had a new country.

I would consider giving Arno a game in Egypt to be an insult. It was dumb imo to put Ezio in Turkey(but that's subsided since it benefits the narrative). I hope we get an Egyptian Assassin if we ever go to Egypt.

Altair1789
12-02-2014, 01:23 AM
I really want to leave the 18th century, and I disliked Arno. I feel like if they make another game with Arno, it'll be unrelated to the previous games and the precursor race, as Unity was. The only character I'd be fine with playing as in another 18th century game is Connor. If they make another game with Arno, and in this one there's actually a modern day and relevance between modern day, Arno, and the precursor race, then I'll like Arno a bit more. I just hope to god Assassin's Creed doesn't continue on its current path... So many collectibles, so few missions. Best case scenario for me is either a game as Thomas de Carneillon (however unlikely) with no more customization, skillpoints, and a REAL modern day. Either that or another game in the middle east with no customization, skillpoints, and a real modern day.

ze_topazio
12-02-2014, 01:36 AM
Which was a copy paste of AC II. At least Revelations had a new country.

I would consider giving Arno a game in Egypt to be an insult. It was dumb imo to put Ezio in Turkey(but that's subsided since it benefits the narrative). I hope we get an Egyptian Assassin if we ever go to Egypt.

Word.

Auditore8
12-03-2014, 03:14 AM
I recently posted earlier, simply saying Samuel Fey. With the leak of AC Victory, let me remind you who Samuel Fey was. Samuel Fey was the leaked assassin in Victorian London that we heard about when concept art of Arno arrived. That being said, I CALLED IT. HE'S THE MAIN CHARACTER OF VICTORY. I TOLD YOU SO.