PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] A Ratonhnhaké:ton detail from the Abstergo Employee Handbook

RinoTheBouncer
11-30-2014, 01:28 PM
I don’t know if this has been posted before, but I just got the Abstergo Entertainment Employee Handbook and I found a paragraph called "The Sad Lonely Death of Ratonhnhaké:ton” and says:

"After his wife takes his children and leaves him forever, an aging murderer meditates over a lock of her blond hair and wonders where his life went so tragically wrong."

What do you make of this? the first parts of the book give you a ‘Templar’ look on all the Assassins making them all look like criminals while the likes of Rodrigo Borgia and Cesare along with Haytham and Robert De Sable are glorified and considered heroes who faced an ‘untimely’ death.

The book is really interesting, offering insights on letters that Arno sent to his deceased father to cope with losing him. An advice he got from Mr. De la Serre (Elise’s father) and it also talks about a new modern day Templar (before ‘you’ the new employee who’s reading the Employee Handbook) and there are some interesting info. here and there.

http://img2.imagesbn.com/p/9781608874033_p0_v3_s600.JPG

It’s big, beautifully designed and rich. You can order it here: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/assassins-creed-unity-christie-golden/1120028524?ean=9781608874033

Discuss...

Namikaze_17
11-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Yeah, its been brought up in the "No Sequel plans for Connor" Thread.

In a way, I'm both sad but intrigued by this information. :(

Hopefully it comes together...

VestigialLlama4
11-30-2014, 01:47 PM
I don’t know if this has been posted before, but I just got the Abstergo Entertainment Employee Handbook and I found a paragraph called "The Sad Lonely Death of Ratonhnhaké:ton” and says:

"After his wife takes his children and leaves him forever, an aging murderer meditates over a lock of her blond hair and wonders where his life went so tragically wrong."

What do you make of this? the earlier parts of the book give you a ‘Templar’ look on all the Assassins making them all look like criminals while the likes of Rodrigo Borgia and Cesare along with Haytham and Robert De Sable are considered heroes who faced an ‘untimely’ death.

Discuss...

Firstly I think spoiler warning on the posts would have been nice. I think Ubisoft might or might not plan something with Connor, maybe a Rogue DLC, a comic book or who and what knows. These snide references and teasers they put out(which is incredibly spiteful by the way) don't mean much coming from Abstergo aside from the usual high school bully joke.

pacmanate
11-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Not surprised she left him.

This has made my day.

Thank you Rino!

Shahkulu101
11-30-2014, 03:35 PM
Yeah Connor's pretty much a lost cause now, even the games writers themselves show contempt towards him...

Megas_Doux
11-30-2014, 03:40 PM
Even though I argued with many of his most dedicated fans a lot times because I thought all their pleas were reaching a point or exaggeration. This is just bad haha.

GoldenBoy9999
11-30-2014, 04:09 PM
I doubt this happens as bad as the book makes it sound. Abstergo always tries to distort how the Assassins really were. This sounds like too much pain for Connor after all he's been through.

Wolfmeister1010
11-30-2014, 04:17 PM
Yeah sure let's discuss.

How your thread tile is one giant spoiler, sherlock.

pacmanate
11-30-2014, 04:26 PM
Yeah sure let's discuss.

How your thread tile is one giant spoiler, sherlock.

How is this a spoiler?

It doesnt say anywhere its a fact. I thought he was just going to come up with a theory but the title itself isnt a spoiler at all

xboxauditore
11-30-2014, 04:30 PM
I don't believe this mainly because it implies Connor had emotions.

Perk89
11-30-2014, 04:31 PM
This is pretty obviously the Templar spin on the story, so I'm assuming this means Unisoft is likely to show us what actually happened at some point in the future.

GunnerGalactico
11-30-2014, 05:07 PM
This was discussed in the "No sequel plans for Connor" thread. I also knew that there was a possibility that there wasn't going to be a "happily ever after story" for him, but I'm still curious to know about the circumstances that lead to it. During one of the Homestead missions, Connor did say that he would not make a good husband and that he wouldn't be able to devote his time for a woman (which is obvious because of his lifestyle). So, maybe that is the reason.

SMScorx89
11-30-2014, 05:36 PM
Could Connor's wife be Dobby Carter?
I know that she told Connor in the second tavern conversation they have, she said that "if you ever think its time [for a family], make sure I get the first crack."
Connor then promised her that.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-30-2014, 05:40 PM
I don't believe this mainly because it implies Connor had emotions.

He had emotions: anger and sadness. He was just missing all the ones that might make him fun to be around. What he needed was a couple of beers every day, or a doctor to pull that stick out of his bum.

RinoTheBouncer
11-30-2014, 05:46 PM
Not surprised she left him.

This has made my day.

Thank you Rino!

You’re welcome, my friend.

Even though I kinda know that they won’t make anything for Connor in the near future, but I just hope that we do get some closure. If you read the book that I mentioned in the OP, it has really interesting stuff and you totally get to read some stuff exclusive to the book and some variant point of view about our heroes, from the perspective of the enemy and an original modern day character. Even the Anomalies are mentioned. It’s quite a rich book, to be quite honest.

GunnerGalactico
11-30-2014, 05:48 PM
He had emotions: anger and sadness. He was just missing all the ones that might make him fun to be around. What he needed was a couple of beers every day, or a doctor to pull that stick out of his bum.

You mean like a flirtatious demeanour, getting into bed with random women and falling into a drunken haze. I suppose that makes sense.

RzaRecta357
11-30-2014, 05:57 PM
Saying he has no emotions is just being racist. Native voices just sound like that. He had a wide range.

I wouldn't mind a super tragic end to be honest. His Homestead was nice and he had a hard time but it's not always butterflies and rainbows.

Aphex_Tim
11-30-2014, 06:08 PM
He's a tragic character, a tragic death would fit him.
I'm curious about the "murderer" part though. Could be that Abstergo simply refers to him as a murderer since he was an Assassin killing Templars, but I don't think even Abstergo would go that low. They always refer to Assassins as Assassins and I kinda feel like there's still always some mutual respect between the two factions; at least to some extend.
The way this is worded makes me think of different scenarios, like for example Connor finally snapped and straight up murdered someone; perhaps even someone close to him and/or his family, making his wife take their children and leave him to die alone.

RinoTheBouncer
11-30-2014, 06:14 PM
He's a tragic character, a tragic death would fit him.
I'm curious about the "murderer" part though. Could be that Abstergo simply refers to him as a murderer since he was an Assassin killing Templars, but I don't think even Abstergo would go that low. They always refer to Assassins as Assassins and I kinda feel like there's still always some mutual respect between the two factions; at least to some extend.
The way this is worded makes me think of different scenarios, like for example Connor finally snapped and straight up murdered someone; perhaps even someone close to him and/or his family, making his wife take their children and leave him to die alone.

They flat out called Altair a lunatic murderer as well. So I won’t be surprised if they said that about Connor.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-30-2014, 06:25 PM
I know that she told Connor in the second tavern conversation they have, she said that "if you ever think its time [for a family], make sure I get the first crack."

Yeah, I remember that:

Connor: "I will grant your wish for first crack, if my boundless sadness and rage ever abate, which may never happen, because I am bound to find the murderers of my mother and save my people, one of whom I killed, and I am sad about that too. If these things ever come to pass, if I ever find out WHERE IS CHARLES LEE!, and if I ever get a doctor to pull this stick out of my ***, we shall go at it like a pair of rutting buffalo. Then, we shall have a child, and he will be called 'He who has a father whose rage and sadness are unending', and I shall also give him a white man's name, in honor of my father, who I also killed and am sad about, and our son's white name will be Cyril, or maybe Adrian"

Has anyone ever noticed that Connor speaks like a First Nations version of John Kerry?

Hood2theBurbs
11-30-2014, 07:11 PM

Nope read the OP again the woman had blonde hair, not black.

As for if it is true or not, this is Abtsergo they flat out slandered all the other Assassins so I would take anything they write about the Assassin's with a grain of salt.

GunnerGalactico
11-30-2014, 07:12 PM
They flat out called Altair a lunatic murderer as well. So I won’t be surprised if they said that about Connor.

Now I'm actually starting to believe that this is just one of Abstergo's ploys to discredit and tarnish the reputations of all of the Assassins. :)

SpiritOfNevaeh
11-30-2014, 07:22 PM
I don't need to read all previous posts.

But I'm gonna say is that Abstergo = Bad.

The company has a reputation for writing bad things about all the assassins except for Aveline.

And no, I'm not saying that he's gonna have a happy ending.

We just shouldnt trust Abstergo AT ALL when it comes to what they write about.

That's my two cents. :p

Xstantin
11-30-2014, 07:27 PM
My guess would be those write-ups follow the same pattern as Abstergo's little evaluation videos from Black Flag.
On the other hand looks like Connor's never gonna have it easy :nonchalance:

Layytez
11-30-2014, 07:34 PM
More propaganda. Lovely. Asbtergo have even said they are no longer hiding the existence of Assassins but are tying to twist history and turn people against them. I still wonder how people favour the Templars....

Hood2theBurbs
11-30-2014, 07:34 PM
I personally think Ubi is just poking fun at us Connor fans.

STOP TROLLING UBI!!!!!!!!! :p

RinoTheBouncer
11-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Now I'm actually starting to believe that this is just one of Abstergo's ploys to discredit and tarnish the reputations of all of the Assassins. :)

I agree. The wrote terrible things about most Assassins and they said that “Aveline’s patient stepmother led her to the right path”, covering up the fact that this isn’t what really happened. And reading about all the Assassins in Templars in the book, I immediately remembered how some people here used to say that the Templars aren’t all bad and that Cesare and Rodrigo Borgia aren’t an example nor do they represent the Templars .While that might be true, yet Abstergo was praising all those people in the book, meaning the Templars pretty much condone their horrible behaviors and they also called the First Tenant to be “laughable”.

king-hailz
11-30-2014, 08:32 PM
As much as I don't like Connor that much, this makes me sad... I don't want another sad story for the assassins when Connor was the one who brought back the assassins in America....

Also... I forgot to say something but didn't Alex amancio say they would mention previous assassins more like they are a legend... I only hear altair once...

Xstantin
11-30-2014, 09:15 PM
Also... I forgot to say something but didn't Alex amancio say they would mention previous assassins more like they are a legend... I only hear altair once...

One character talks about Masyaf, Monteriggioni and Colonial Brotherhood as far I remember. Besides that, can't think of any other situations. Shaun mentions Ezio in the database as well.

Mr.Black24
11-30-2014, 10:20 PM
Well we all know that Connor broke the Redhead trend that the Assassins had going on by going after a blonde woman, (Desmond don't count since he killed her lawlz) so that's cool, however now there is this: How did Connor and his wife meet is the big question for me now! Was it pleasant, dangerous, or an awkward circumstance? How many kids did he have, since its implied he had multiple? One answer that only creates more questions, aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just give us a DLC, a good book, or somethin! The mystery is killing me.....

I can't help that this roast that Ubi is having on us with this info is both funny and not funny at the same time, its awesome. :p

UniteUnderPower
11-30-2014, 10:23 PM
I could see Ubisoft finishing off Connor's story in an AC: Chronicles game

Namikaze_17
11-30-2014, 10:26 PM
Yeah, this is clearly Abstergo propaganda to antagonize Connor...

Hopefully we get a glimpse of what really happened.

UniteUnderPower
11-30-2014, 10:56 PM
Why are you people so OBSESSED with personalities? You literally RANK every character by their personality. You try being basically a murderer and living your life in that way. Killing people for a living. It was so unrealistic how Ezio and Arno were portrayed as these happy-go-lucky guys who are always happy and always so charismatic(although admittedly Arno was handled better than Ezio. Arno actually had moments where he was truly sad.) . Connor was portrayed in a realistic way and that is why his character amazes me.

Namikaze_17
11-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Why are you people so OBSESSED with personalities? You literally RANK every character by their personality. You try being basically a murderer and living your life in that way. Killing people for a living. It was so unrealistic how Ezio and Arno were portrayed as these happy-go-lucky guys who are always happy and always so charismatic(although admittedly Arno was handled better than Ezio. Arno actually had moments where he was truly sad.) . Connor was portrayed in a realistic way and that is why his character amazes me.

Don't forget Altaïr. The way he was portrayed was awesome as well. :)

Pr0metheus 1962
11-30-2014, 11:06 PM
Why are you people so OBSESSED with personalities?

Because we're playing a game in which we play as a person. People's personalities make them fun to play. Connor was boring. He was someone no one would want as a friend because he was a downer. Trust me - the people from his village didn't move because the whites were encroaching on their land - they moved to get away from that whiny pantywaste.

UniteUnderPower
11-30-2014, 11:10 PM
Don't forget Altaïr. The way he was portrayed was awesome as well. :)

The way Altair was portrayed was realistic as well. The only thing I don't get is how people seemingly like Altair more than Connor when they both had a very similar perspective of things?

lukazdragon
11-30-2014, 11:28 PM
Because we're playing a game in which we play as a person. People's personalities make them fun to play. Connor was boring. He was someone no one would want as a friend because he was a downer. The people from his village didn't move because the whites were encroaching on their land - they moved to get away from that whiny ****.

*SPOILERS for AC3 ahead*
It's disrespectful to talk about Connor like that. He was one of the kindest assassins and characters of this franchise, and I would very much like to have a friend as dedicated and altruistic as he was. I liked him much more than young Ezio, as much as I like later Ezio. He didn't make mistakes because he was a bad person, he made mistakes because of his rush to help people. And mistakes make him a better, intelligently made character. He didn't have a father figure, he watched his mother die when he was still a child, he ended having to kill his own father, and in the end, his people were still taken away from him. The homestead, though, is the proof of how his efforts weren't for nothing, and as Achilles said, it's a hope, to me, a hope for everyone to be inspired by: a community of people who helped each other and worked together for something good and without evil or corruption. All thanks to Connor, who united great people together. He was human and was wrong sometimes, yes, but he surely were more benevolent and did more sacrifices than most people would ever do. He was a sad, closed person, but still a great man. It's a shame most people don't have a mind like his, because if they did, perhaps we would have a more honest, good world. ..

pacmanate
11-30-2014, 11:28 PM
Because we're playing a game in which we play as a person. People's personalities make them fun to play. Connor was boring. He was someone no one would want as a friend because he was a downer. Trust me - the people from his village didn't move because the whites were encroaching on their land - they moved to get away from that whiny pantywaste.

I AGREE.

Give this man a medal.

SirTookTookIII
11-30-2014, 11:39 PM
As Achilles said "Life is not a fairytale and there are no happy endings."...
Also I don't see why some of you guys hate Connor so much, he's one my favorite characters.

RinoTheBouncer
11-30-2014, 11:47 PM
To me, Ezio is my No1., you all know it. I’ve said it a billion times. I’m not only a fan, I’m like a stalker, I got a crush, haha. But I love Connor as well. To me a character doesn’t have to be in a certain way. He just gotta have reasons to be the way he/she is. I think it doesn’t always have to be personality, it can be a mixture of a lot of stuff. Many characters are highly regarded by their fans like Cloud from FFVII but he’s like super emo and unlikeable, yet people liked him for other reasons. His cool hair could be one of them, LOL. But no kidding, people loved him for his backstory and what he’s gone through and how life shaped him.

To me Connor, Desmond and Altair, they’re not really charismatic or funny or so likable. Yes, Altair was badass and awesome, but he still had this sort of shield that prevented us from getting through. He was different from Ezio. But I loved those characters cause each one of them had a story that showed us why he is the way he is and once I knew that, I kinda started sympathizing and appreciated these characters a hell lot more than I did when I first saw them.

In the end, to each their own but to me, I don’t play games expecting characters that I wanna be friends with or the type of people I hang out with. No, I expect something the has deep ties with the story, something original, something I don’t see every day. That’s why I have some sort of acceptance to different personalities, as long as they’re well made and in my opinion Connor, Altair and Desmond were brilliant.

dxsxhxcx
12-01-2014, 12:13 AM

I like Connor but I had to laugh at this... lol

Sometimes his naivety really got into my nerves...

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 01:25 AM

Haha,that....yea.You know,the only thing that made me angry,was in the DLC ToKW.
Connor meets his mother years after she died,he just hugs her.And when your mother dies for the second time,I don't think any human would just shout "Mom!",and not show any emotion later about it.

nachdenki
12-01-2014, 01:26 AM
I kind of hate you now because I didn't know about that book and now I want it. But I could get rogue for the same price >< argh...

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 01:37 AM
Haha,that....yea.You know,the only thing that made me angry,was in the DLC ToKW.
Connor meets his mother years after she died,he just hugs her.And when your mother dies for the second time,I don't think any human would just shout "Mom!",and not show any emotion later about it.

Connor is stoic the second time Ziio dies because he already knew her and the world itself wasn't real.

Clan Mother: "You take the news well?"
Connor: "It is something I already knew-That I know."

And what was wrong about the hug?

You expected him to tell her his life story?

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 01:40 AM
Connor is stoic the second time Ziio dies because he already knew her and the world itself wasn't real.

Clan Mother: "You take the news well?"
Connor: "It is something I already knew-That I know."

Trust me,even in a dream,seeing a parent alive is something amazing,and hard to forget.

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 01:48 AM
Trust me,even in a dream,seeing a parent alive is something amazing,and hard to forget.

But a dream is a dream. No matter how much you want it to be real, it isn't.

You have to face reality.

ze_topazio
12-01-2014, 01:52 AM
Why are you using spoiler tags to talk about TTOKW? that came out two years ago.

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 01:57 AM
But a dream is a dream. No matter how much you want it to be real, it isn't.

You have to face reality.

Yup.That's what makes it even more sad.

Why are you using spoiler tags to talk about TTOKW? that came out two years ago.

Well,you can never be too careful.

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 02:01 AM

I dunno.

Maki did it first... :p :rolleyes:

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 02:04 AM
I dunno.

Maki did it first... :p :rolleyes:

Hey,I was once banned because I spoiled CoD BO2's ending in a fan game forums,so I don't wanna get in any more trouble.If Mr. Shade wants a spoiler tag for everything,who am I to complain?

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 02:08 AM
Hey,I was once banned because I spoiled CoD BO2's ending in a fan game forums,so I don't wanna get in any more trouble.If Mr. Shade wants a spoiler tag for everything,who am I to complain?

Well I guess you have a point...

ze_topazio
12-01-2014, 02:11 AM
Mr Shade rules only applies to the recently released games, not games from ancient times like AC3.

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 02:14 AM
Mr Shade rules only applies to the recently released games, not games from ancient times like AC3.

"These rules cover the whole series for a short period of time - not just Assassin's Creed Unity or Rogue - since we may see a lot of new players who have never played any of the games before, so for this short period, please treat all games the same - even if you have finished them months ago, they also apply to ALL forums in this subsection - so all of the AC related forums!"
Straight from his thread.

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 02:15 AM
Inb4 the "OMGZ Y U SPOIL TYRANNY OF KING WASHINGTON!" crowd comes. :rolleyes:

Nah, you're right ze.

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 02:17 AM
Inb4 the "OMGZ Y U SPOIL TYRANNY OF KING WASHINGTON!" crowd comes. :rolleyes:

Nah, you're right ze.

Seriously,I was banned because I spoiled a game's ending in a fan game's forums.I'm gonna be careful with everything.

ze_topazio
12-01-2014, 02:25 AM
"These rules cover the whole series for a short period of time - not just Assassin's Creed Unity or Rogue - since we may see a lot of new players who have never played any of the games before, so for this short period, please treat all games the same - even if you have finished them months ago, they also apply to ALL forums in this subsection - so all of the AC related forums!"

I have to admit I didn't read the rules.

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 02:31 AM

Ah, yes.

Forgot about those...

GoldenBoy9999
12-01-2014, 02:43 AM

Lol, as I was reading these posts, I was gonna make sure someone brought them up. I read the rules and I remembered. :o Some people aren't even spoiler tagging the stuff from Unity... :p

wvstolzing
12-01-2014, 03:09 AM
Now I feel even closer to the sad bastard.

Raton is my favorite by far.

SixKeys
12-01-2014, 04:07 AM
*enters thread*

*sees Connor wars*

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/3204840swsw.gif

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 04:24 AM
*enters thread*

*sees Connor wars*

Wait,Connor wars?I'm only talking about spoiler tags.

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 04:54 AM
*enters thread*

*sees Connor wars*

Um, when were there Connor wars? :confused:

SixKeys
12-01-2014, 05:08 AM
Already saw some people engaged in the age-old: "Connor is an emotionless boor. -Oh yeah? Well, at least he's not a cliché womanizer like Ezio!"

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 05:12 AM
Already saw some people engaged in the age-old: "Connor is an emotionless boor. -Oh yeah? Well, at least he's not a cliché womanizer like Ezio!"

Oh, that.

I just learned to stay out of those...not worth my time.

SixKeys
12-01-2014, 05:13 AM
Oh, that.

I just learned to stay out of those...not worth my time.

Which was exactly my point. ;)

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 05:18 AM
Which was exactly my point. ;)

Agreed.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/e5e2295413ee9ec0ce8aa5adea2b52b1/tumblr_mlkf1iKw8O1s93vsfo5_500.gif

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 05:19 AM
A Connor related thread will cause some trouble.With other protagonists as well.

Fatal-Feit
12-01-2014, 05:19 AM
*enters thread*

*sees Connor wars*

Could have been worse.

Anyway, I believe Darby on Twitter said it was written to be interpreted in many ways. Misinterpreted, even. How we feel about his end shouldn't just be that of an Abstergo Employee. ...Definitely not an Abstergo Employee.

tgow2010
12-01-2014, 03:34 PM
She got tired of him yelling out CHARLES LEE's name in the bedroom. ;)

pacmanate
12-01-2014, 03:46 PM
She got tired of him yelling out CHARLES LEE's name in the bedroom. ;)

I agree, I am 97% sure he is gay. No one has ever been so obsessed with another man than Connor for Charles

Megas_Doux
12-01-2014, 03:58 PM
I agree, I am 97% sure he is gay. No one has ever been so obsessed with another man than Connor for Charles

LOL.

By the way, I think the tittle of this thread is super spoilerish.

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 04:00 PM
People really exaggerate the Lee thing...Connor only mentioned him like seven times. More or less. ^^

Now a name that mentioned over and over is Borgia... :rolleyes:

pacmanate
12-01-2014, 04:00 PM
LOL.

By the way, I think the tittle of this thread is super spoilerish.

Don't tell me, I can't do anything :p On the other hand...

SHAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEE!!!!!!! Can you please change the topic title to something like "Abstergo Handbook - Connor (Spoilers)" or something? As you can see a few people think this is spoilery

pacmanate
12-01-2014, 04:02 PM
People really exaggerate the Lee thing...Connor only mentioned him like seven times. ^^

Yeah but we know Ezio had many womanly relations ;)

EscoBlades
12-01-2014, 04:40 PM
I added spoiler tags, and edited the thread title. As you were.

Megas_Doux
12-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Thanks!

gnosis_guyver1
12-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Connors problem with that ending is that he should quit the assassin role after killing Charles Lee. remaining an assassin is what lead to his tragedy and lonely death. ezio was wise to quit when he did and even he said he should have done it earlier connor just couldn't become a career assassin without becoming a fanatic like Bellec in unity or being raised an assassin.

He should have worked to gain and successor and then leave the order.

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Connors problem with that ending is that he should quit the assassin role after killing Charles Lee. remaining an assassin is what lead to his tragedy and lonely death. ezio was wise to quit when he did and even he said he should have done it earlier connor just couldn't become a career assassin without becoming a fanatic like Bellec in unity or being raised an assassin.

He should have worked to gain and successor and then leave the order.

Outside the Order, Connor has nothing else...

Maybe he became Altair-ish over time and he couldn't leave it or something?

Though why would he choose the order over his family is beyond me. ( That is if a situation like that occurred)

However, this is Abstergo propaganda. Anything could've happened.

ze_topazio
12-01-2014, 05:36 PM
People really exaggerate the Lee thing...Connor only mentioned him like seven times. More or less. ^^

Probably Lucrezia :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLFlq2SerGQ

Namikaze_17
12-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Probably Lucrezia :rolleyes:

And...everyone else. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I can't recall a cutscene without that name being mentioned at least once.

I know they were going with "They're a major threat" type of feel, but christ.

We need a Borgia version of this. ^^

Haha. That was funny.

GoldenBoy9999
12-01-2014, 08:47 PM

Same here... I never noticed it.

Mr.Black24
12-02-2014, 06:19 AM
"Because we're playing a game in which we play as a person. People's personalities make them fun to play. Connor was boring. He was someone no one would want as a friend because he was a downer. Trust me - the people from his village didn't move because the whites were encroaching on their land - they moved to get away from that whiny pantywaste."

I know that this isn't the place for it, but after seeing Promethous1962's idiotic comment, and other stuff that occurred today, I really need to get this out of my chest. I mean we are talking about Connor after all. Plus I kind of want to share a deeper meaning of why Connor is my favorite *he shares the spot of No#1 alongside Altair*

I understand that Connor is a fictional character, but at the same time, he is way too close to a character that might have been a real person in real life. Why? Well for starters, he, like many Native Americans in real life, fought for his tribe, then for the freedom of the colonies, he hoped that in all of this, everyone would live together peacefully, but than he was betrayed. Just like the real Native Americans who fought along side both British and Colonial side of the war. They were promised a safe haven for their people, a secure home, and they were stabbed in the back. All killed off, seen as if they were vermin. Just for acting different, looking different, seeing the world differently, just an annoying obstacle. I mean in the tragic American historical event, The Trail of Tears is one of the biggest damm events that involved the European Americans and the Native Americans. I mean tens of thousands, just, they just died. Walking all those miles, and when they arrived to the destination, barely even 1/4 arrived alive. All of them, women, men , children, just dropped on the spot, dead. And even today, there is still hatred for them., its still bad for them, http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/11/18/3593300/violence-native-american-kids/

Hell, my people, the Mayans, of all different tribes like the Mayan K'che', where I'm descendant from for example, were being hunted down...not to long ago!!!! See, there is a war in Guatemala, the Guatemalan Civil war, where the people formed a rebel group to fight a freakin dictator that ruled with a iron fist. The dictator and his corrupt army decided to target the native people, easy targets they say, make em an example they say. The "Silent Genocide" as they called it.

The death toll of 250,000 people, 200,000 dead, 50,000 "missing".

This occurred in 1981-1983. THIS WAS 31 YEARS AGO FROM THIS YEAR!!!!! NEARLY 40 YEARS APART FROM THE GENOCIDE IN WWII

Our people had it rough, many others did as well. The Jews, the slaves, to name a few for example. For these, whenever I think of Connor and his struggles, I think of all the struggles of the Native people of this entire continent, as well as every person that was subjected to cruelty. Connor went through what every other native did, and....what???!!! His serious and stoic demeanor is boring???? NOT COOL?! People expect him to be a charismatic playboy? Makin jokes or puns? ITS THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR WHERE NATIVES, ESPECIALLY HIS PEOPLE, WERE IN DANGER IN THE CROSS FIRE FOR ***ING SAKE! How is being charismatic and funny appropriate in a time like this?!

To me, he was the guy that represents a story that is way too familiar to people who actually endured this, someone who wanted to protect their loved ones, live in peace, and make a difference in this world for the greater good. His tragic story, of trust, hardship, loss, and betrayal is one that echos so much of the real lives of those who fought, struggled, and died protecting their people, and escaping the grasp from their enemies. The actually story of THE STRUGGLE. He wanted to keep his people safe, like how my people wanted to be safe. His were driven out, mine.....

So pardon me that he is acting realistically to how one would when their people are in danger, for being an individual, not inappropriately acting out of context like making love to random women, or making stupid jokes, and for taking his position as protector and Assassin seriously. To me, he is the real deal. And i thank Ubisoft for making such a wonderful character. Heck, thank you for all the characters. HELL, THANK YOU UBISOFT AND PATRICE FOR ASSASSIN'S CREED!

For these reasons, its also why I'm sadden for a missing closing chapter of Connor's story, THE TRUE closing chapter of the Kenway Family Saga. A denied chapter of one of my favorite characters. Hopefully they will, hopefully. We'll see. Sorry if this was a bummer to people, but these things did happen, and this is just how I feel for the big guy.

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 06:53 AM
"
I know that this isn't the place for it, but after seeing Promethous1962's idiotic comment,
He's really not worth it. You're giving him credibility by acknowledging his pathetic and childish attempts at getting attention.

Mr.Black24
12-02-2014, 07:17 AM
He's really not worth it. You're giving him credibility by acknowledging his pathetic and childish attempts at getting attention.
True. Hell, he won't even read my points at all. no matter how factually true I've constructed it. But it will be the last time I will address anything to said sad scumbag.

****ing troll.....

Namikaze_17
12-02-2014, 07:21 AM
Wow... O__O

As always, that was a spot-on post, Black.

But to what M said, you should just ignore these things, they aren't worth your time.

SirTookTookIII
12-02-2014, 07:42 AM
True. Hell, he won't even read my points at all. no matter how factually true I've constructed it. But it will be the last time I will address anything to said sad scumbag.

****ing troll.....

After reading what he's been saying here. This... this makes me happy.

pirate1802
12-02-2014, 08:50 AM

Actually, it IS possible for professional murderers to remain happy and cheerful while killing people for a living; it's just that it requires that person to be a psychopath. They are the people you find disarmingly charming at parties, until they take you to a corner and slit your throat.

Namikaze_17
12-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Actually, it IS possible for professional murderers to remain happy and cheerful while killing people for a living; it's just that it requires that person to be a psychopath. They are the people you find disarmingly charming at parties, until they take you to a corner and slit your throat.

If anything, I think Arno ( Pre-ending) and/or Edward to a degree were the perfect balance...

They had their serious moments, but were overall optimistic about life if that makes sense.

There wasn't too much of the funny/charismatic type, or the serious/stoic type.

Sabuto78
12-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Because we're playing a game in which we play as a person. People's personalities make them fun to play. Connor was boring. He was someone no one would want as a friend because he was a downer. Trust me - the people from his village didn't move because the whites were encroaching on their land - they moved to get away from that whiny pantywaste. lmfao (clap)

Pr0metheus 1962
12-02-2014, 10:56 AM

I count 19:

Charles Lee was one man. There were three major Borgia characters spread over two games.

That gives the scene where he stabs him a whole new (and kinda messed up) meaning. A Freudian stabbing maybe?

who-can-i-be
12-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Maybe Connor just sent his wife and children away after receiving information that someone was coming for him (and he died during a last stand), similar to the midnight raid sequence in Embers?

Namikaze_17
12-02-2014, 01:40 PM
I count 19:

Thus why I said more or less. :rolleyes:

Charles Lee was one man. There were three major Borgia characters spread over two games.

Rodrigo wasn't talked about until the ending sequences of ACII and Ceasre/Lucrezia weren't mentioned at all. So you obviously mean Brotherhood? :rolleyes:

And your point? Doesn't change how many more times Borgia was said more than Lee.

( Sigh) Why are we discussing this again? I should know better. :rolleyes:

RinoTheBouncer
12-02-2014, 01:46 PM
I added spoiler tags, and edited the thread title. As you were.

Thank you! ;)

I think it would be epic if they release a comic or short film for him and make him gay. I think it would be absolutely interesting.

GunnerGalactico
12-02-2014, 03:57 PM
I think it would be epic if they release a comic or short film for him and make him gay. I think it would be absolutely interesting.

Please no, I would much rather see how he met the blonde woman ;)

Namikaze_17
12-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Please no, I would much rather see how he met the blonde woman ;)

I second this. ;)

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Maybe that's why she left.....He was gay.

Namikaze_17
12-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Am loving how ambiguous this thread is becoming... :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 07:56 PM
They made little baby Connors in cups.

SunderedStar
12-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Thank you! ;)

Yeah, nothing will make people respect gay folks more than shoehorning in gay characters just for the sake of them being gay, especially in scenarios where it makes no sense.

Namikaze_17
12-02-2014, 08:00 PM
They made little baby Connors in cups.

That sounds like Pie's language...

Pr0metheus 1962
12-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Yeah, nothing will make people respect gay folks more than shoehorning in gay characters just for the sake of them being gay, especially in scenarios where it makes no sense.

Hey, they did it with "Army of Two" and "Gears of War" and no one said a thing.

Anyway, it makes perfect sense for Connor to be gay - he never has a relationship with any woman in the game, and he obviously loves to work out.

I think it would be great if Assassin's Creed had a gay main character.

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Connor > Ezio

Namikaze_17
12-02-2014, 10:11 PM
I hear his wife is hot... :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 10:15 PM
I hear his wife is hot... :rolleyes:

The wife > Ezio

MakimotoJin
12-02-2014, 10:16 PM