PDA

View Full Version : AC: Rogue Ultimate Hunter Pack -Swords don't match advertisement?

T-Z320
11-30-2014, 09:52 AM
I just got my AC:R game a few days ago (pre-ordered, but the shipping was slow) and I finally got to the Fort de Sable mission. After completing it, I went to my cabin to check out my sweet loot. I go down swords and daggers... and the pair do not look anything like they did on the preorder image. (https://theinsightfulpanda.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/amazon.jpg) Instead of the cool looking black hilt and broad blade weapon, I have a pair of gold hilted parade weapons. Is there something I'm missing? Are the blades featured in the above image in the game somewhere that I've not looked?

T-Z320
12-01-2014, 12:26 AM
No one else has had the same problem? Maybe I should contact customer support...

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 12:51 AM
It's not a problem buddy,it's the DLC.The sword that appears in the image is the Bastard Sword.Just don't ask me why they showed the wrong sword in the image.

T-Z320
12-01-2014, 02:15 AM
Okay. So there is a sword in there that looks like the image? Cool. At least I know it's there and that I'll get it then. Thank you! :)
I do wish they'd used the right image though... : /

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 02:19 AM
I wish they could've added my friggin' Explorer Pack and Legacy outfits,so there's that.

T-Z320
12-01-2014, 02:20 AM
Weren't those bundled with the collector's edition?

GoldenBoy9999
12-01-2014, 02:26 AM
Yep, they're different. I already discovered that. The new ones are way cooler imo. I like the time period they're from.

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 02:31 AM
Weren't those bundled with the collector's edition?

The Explorer Pack is supposed to come by pre-ordering Rogue in the PS Store.For some reason,I don't have them.

Yep, they're different. I already discovered that. The new ones are way cooler imo. I like the time period they're from.

You know what's funny?The sword fits perfectly with the 11th century Templar armor.So I'm pretty sure the Explorer outfit would fit perfectly with the Explorer swords,sails and figurehead,IF I HAD THEM.

T-Z320
12-01-2014, 02:33 AM
Have you spoken to CS yet? Because if you're not getting what was promised... well, that's one of the reasons I came to this board before lodging a complaint. I wanted to make certain that what I was experiencing was indeed actionable. What you're describing definitely fits that criteria, imo.

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 02:37 AM
Have you spoken to CS yet? Because if you're not getting what was promised... well, that's one of the reasons I came to this board before lodging a complaint. I wanted to make certain that what I was experiencing was indeed actionable. What you're describing definitely fits that criteria, imo.

You mean the Ubisoft support?Yes,I did.After some time explaining I'm supposed to have the DLC in the account with no code needed,they canceled my ticket.I spoke to the Sony support chat as well,they said it's a problem with the game server,and that I can only wait,or get a refund,which I can't since I already downloaded the game,hoping that everything would work fine.

T-Z320
12-01-2014, 02:46 AM
Geez that 's rough. Something similar happened to me with Black Flag. Ended up having to buy a second pre-order edition to get the goodies since my copy didn't have the codes included. Like you, both Sony and Ubi didn't work with me... though I do admit I lost the receipt not long after getting the game, and before I lodged my complaint, so I can understand how both of them were unable to take my word for it. So, yeah... I can definitely sympathize.

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 02:48 AM
Geez that 's rough. Something similar happened to me with Black Flag. Ended up having to buy a second pre-order edition to get the goodies since my copy didn't have the codes included. Like you, both Sony and Ubi didn't work with me... though I do admit I lost the receipt not long after getting the game, and before I lodged my complaint, so I can understand how both of them were unwilling to take my word for it. So, yeah... I can definitely sympathize.

Since mine is a digital copy,Sony can see what's going on.So I hope something good happens.

T-Z320
12-01-2014, 02:50 AM
Hear that. Maybe at least refund you wallet money for the cost of those two packs.

MakimotoJin
12-01-2014, 02:55 AM
Well,the Explorer Pack seems to have a lot of stuff,according to this:http://https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/38/4610/accessing-the-content-from-the-preorder-dlc-packs/kA030000000ejAqCAI
So I kinda really want it. :P

T-Z320
12-05-2014, 02:51 PM
I just got the broadswords in game... and I'm still disappointed. They look nothing like the black handled version in the advertisement. I don't think I'll make formal complaint, but I'll think twice about pre-ordering another AC game :(

MakimotoJin
12-05-2014, 03:12 PM
I just got the broadswords in game... and I'm still disappointed. They look nothing like the black handled version in the advertisement. I don't think I'll make formal complaint, but I'll think twice about pre-ordering another AC game :(

Me too.