PDA

View Full Version : Are Ubisoft going to sort out the overlapping menus?

EmptyCrustacean
11-29-2014, 07:00 PM
I love the murder mysteries (the only good side missions) but there are menus upon menus constantly overlapping each other. Some are one word phrases that will take 1 second to read yet it lingers there forever and I can't read the case notes! Also, when collecting money from the Cafe Theatre the amount of money you now have quickly flashes and then disappears! I have to press pause to view how much money I have. Fix this, Ubisoft!

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2014, 07:02 PM
I haven't been able to play the game for a few days, but I thought they said they were fixing this in patch 3.

EmptyCrustacean
11-29-2014, 07:21 PM
I haven't been able to play the game for a few days, but I thought they said they were fixing this in patch 3.

Well, apparently not. It's a mess. Something so basic and they can't even get that right.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2014, 07:33 PM
Yeah. I've pretty much consigned the game to my scrap pile, at least mentally and emotionally. There are so many things wrong with the game that it's an embarrassment to even play it sometimes. Hell, I don't even count it as a game really - it's six months of development away from being what I consider a real game. I think that's why the side missions are so simplistic in their mechanics - in my view they're obviously just placeholders that were intended to be worked on a lot more, and it's why the storyline makes no sense whatsoever.

An example of the fact that it was released unfinished is in the murder mystery missions. Pre-release they were saying how you could arrest the wrong person, yet in the game as it is now, you can't. Obviously the idea was to have another whole layer of wrongful arrest, then someone telling you you'd arrested the wrong person, followed by reopening the investigation and figuring it all out. All of this got cut.

I cannot believe they'd release an Assassin's Creed game this underdeveloped unless they were forced to shove whatever they had out of the door by some upper management ultimatum.

You know what's the saddest thing about this game for me: I'm actually trying to get 100% completion, not for the sake of completion, or for the badges and accomplishments, but to get all those awful side missions done so I never have to see them on the map again, so I never have an hour of tedium waiting for me anywhere in the game. That's how bad this game is to me. Not even AC3 was that bad, and I hated AC3.

Once I get all the one-time missions out of the way, I'm hoping there's enough left to give me some fun in just exploring Paris and doing co-op missions. At least the architecture and the co-op holds some promise of salvation for Unity.

wvstolzing
11-29-2014, 11:02 PM
Just turn off all HUD elements, and they're gone.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2014, 11:33 PM
Just turn off all HUD elements, and they're gone.

That's a work-around, but not really a solution.

EmptyCrustacean
11-30-2014, 12:56 AM
Yeah. I've pretty much consigned the game to my scrap pile, at least mentally and emotionally. There are so many things wrong with the game that it's an embarrassment to even play it sometimes. Hell, I don't even count it as a game really - it's six months of development away from being what I consider a real game. I think that's why the side missions are so simplistic in their mechanics - in my view they're obviously just placeholders that were intended to be worked on a lot more, and it's why the storyline makes no sense whatsoever.

An example of the fact that it was released unfinished is in the murder mystery missions. Pre-release they were saying how you could arrest the wrong person, yet in the game as it is now, you can't. Obviously the idea was to have another whole layer of wrongful arrest, then someone telling you you'd arrested the wrong person, followed by reopening the investigation and figuring it all out. All of this got cut.

I cannot believe they'd release an Assassin's Creed game this underdeveloped unless they were forced to shove whatever they had out of the door by some upper management ultimatum..

Yep, Ubisoft has always been quite incompetent and unprofessional as a gaming company but this is failure on a whole other level. I feel so betrayed as I really bought into their pre-release interviews from Amancio. I really thought they had learned from past mistakes but my faith in Ubisoft is gone now.

You know what's the saddest thing about this game for me: I'm actually trying to get 100% completion, not for the sake of completion, or for the badges and accomplishments, but to get all those awful side missions done so I never have to see them on the map again, so I never have an hour of tedium waiting for me anywhere in the game.

Same! I'm grinding through it. It's become an endurance/boredom test. If I wasn't a fan of AC series overall I would have stopped playing once the main story ended.