PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for IL2 Compare

zugfuhrer
03-12-2004, 02:44 AM
Thank you all who are responsible for the program IL-2 Compare.

It has made me a more confident pilot. I know when it is not fruitful to try to climb after a certain plane, which planes there are no use to try to outcurve etc, etc.

Now I activate my "stopwatch" and start turning.

Some figures that told abut turning time at certain speed on other altitudes than 1000 m would make this very good source perfect.
Once again thank you.
Is there a history behind it? Did some guys sit together and check this or are the figures calculated with Maddox aerodynamical datas as ground

[This message was edited by zugfuhrer on Fri March 12 2004 at 04:39 PM.]

zugfuhrer
03-12-2004, 02:44 AM
Thank you all who are responsible for the program IL-2 Compare.

It has made me a more confident pilot. I know when it is not fruitful to try to climb after a certain plane, which planes there are no use to try to outcurve etc, etc.

Now I activate my "stopwatch" and start turning.

Some figures that told abut turning time at certain speed on other altitudes than 1000 m would make this very good source perfect.
Once again thank you.
Is there a history behind it? Did some guys sit together and check this or are the figures calculated with Maddox aerodynamical datas as ground

[This message was edited by zugfuhrer on Fri March 12 2004 at 04:39 PM.]

WWMaxGunz
03-12-2004, 03:15 AM
Yes, it would be good to know if generated or from data points and like how many kinds of things. To do it all by tests and repeated tests is staggering to think of.

Neal