PDA

View Full Version : the game doesn't cover the entirety of my TV screen (pc version)

topeira1980
11-29-2014, 01:44 PM
hi guys.

im running the game on my PC which is connected to a 50' TV but the game doesnt cover all of my TV. there is a black frame all around the displayed area no matter what resolution im playing on. im losing more than an inch of screen size.
needless to say this issue doesnt exst in any other game.

on my computer screen however the image is covering the entire computer screen.

does anyone know how to fix this?

Numbtoyou
11-30-2014, 08:17 AM
check for tv overscan settings in your tv menu. Some tv's require overscan for certain resolutions.

topeira1980
11-30-2014, 08:53 AM
check for tv overscan settings in your tv menu. Some tv's require overscan for certain resolutions.

thanks for trying to help, mate.
but i play all my games on 1680X1050 and the screen is filled completely. but if i play in that rez (or any other rez, for that matter) in ACU my TV has black bars all around.

interesting enough i have discovered that turning "borderless window" mode on DOES feel the entire screen. i wanna say "problem solved" but i do want to get to the bottom of this because this issue may return after the next patch or maybe it's a temporary fluke. i dunno. there's something wrong, obviously.

also, numbtoyou, can i set overscan for my TV for every resolution separately? how? (im using AMD catalyst)

Numbtoyou
11-30-2014, 10:19 PM
Im not super familiar with catalyst as it stands now, so not much help there, been 10 years or so since I had an AMD card. Do you have "stretching" on in the graphics options in the game?