PDA

View Full Version : Smoke boms VS Stun bombs?

topeira1980
11-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Just a simple question -

what is the difference between the smoke and the stun bombs?
i know that the smoke creates a cloud of smoke and if i use it in a fight the enemies cant fight me for a few seconds so i can run away or unleash a few strikes.
but the stun bomb seems to have the same effect - if i deploy one in a fight than enemies cant fight for a few seconds and i can run away or unleash a few strikes.

so how would you define the difference between the two?

Jackdaw951
11-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Good question. I'm up to 11 smoke bombs now, and I never run out. The only time I bother to press Right on the D-pad more than once is when I go scare some bullies with a cherry bomb. I don't think I've ever dropped a stun bomb on purpose. I figured the function would be similar. When bad guys overwhelm, drop disabling bomb, and slaughter them. I will guess that only smoke bombs will break enemies' line of sight.

king-hailz
11-29-2014, 02:53 PM
I always forget to use smoke bombs... I die and think! Ahhhhhh why didn't I use smoke bombs... I did that all the time in multi player before....

SixKeys
11-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Stun bombs are entirely useless to me. I always forget to use them. Smoke bombs have the same effect which seems to last a bit longer. Stun bombs temporarily blind enemies (and enemeis can use them against you) but only for a couple of seconds. Two weapons that essentially do the exact same thing aren't necessary.

topeira1980
11-30-2014, 08:50 AM
that's disappointing. i thought players have discovered the difference and only a few are like me - clueless :-P
but they do seem to serve the same purpose - stop the enemies from reacting for 3 seconds or so...?

ah, a classic AC mistake - give something redundant.