PDA

View Full Version : I 100%'d the game

Neon-NFO
11-29-2014, 03:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ieJcifw.jpg

So I finally 100%'d the game, after grinding for hours on the companion app to unlock the artifacts in the Rifts that count towards 100%.

So even though I obviously did all the missions in the companion app, it glitched and hasn't unlocked the Altair outfit that you get for collecting said artifacts. You can't collect them again obviously...

Sigh....

http://i.imgur.com/m5f74YB.jpg

Assassin_M
11-29-2014, 03:50 AM
I feel your pain...

Shahkulu101
11-29-2014, 03:56 AM
Congrats I guess, because of all the BS I'm just doing all the side missions and not even attempting 100% for first time. I'd rather do content that was worth my time, and in the actual game!

Fatal-Feit
11-29-2014, 05:22 AM
After 8 days of hard work, the APP reset my progress. So done.

Glad you made it, though.

D.I.D.
11-29-2014, 05:32 AM
Question: have you ever 100%-ed a game and felt a frisson of joy? If not, why do you do it?

I've accidentally come close to 100%-ing games, because I'm enjoying them, and I often clear icons just for the sake of tidying up a map because I feel better about it when it's a bit "cleaner", but whenever I look at what's involved in the 100% achievement I just think... No.

Doing every mission? Sure, why not. If we're turning over stones, those definitely have something underneath them. Solving every riddle, even though the reward is nothing much? Okay, there's a puzzle involved, and I see the challenge. Unlocking every chest, long after the contents became useful, or collecting every feather? This will definitely hurt my opinion of the game.

Sekuiya.
11-29-2014, 06:00 AM
Unlocking every chest, long after the contents became useful, or collecting every feather? This will definitely hurt my opinion of the game.
And that's why I do those before completing the campaign. I totally lose motivation to go look for them after completing the campaign...

SixKeys
11-29-2014, 06:10 AM
Question: have you ever 100%-ed a game and felt a frisson of joy? If not, why do you do it?

I've accidentally come close to 100%-ing games, because I'm enjoying them, and I often clear icons just for the sake of tidying up a map because I feel better about it when it's a bit "cleaner", but whenever I look at what's involved in the 100% achievement I just think... No.

Doing every mission? Sure, why not. If we're turning over stones, those definitely have something underneath them. Solving every riddle, even though the reward is nothing much? Okay, there's a puzzle involved, and I see the challenge. Unlocking every chest, long after the contents became useful, or collecting every feather? This will definitely hurt my opinion of the game.

I only 100% games I really enjoy. Did it for all the Ezio games, came close with the other AC games but either stopped caring or just didn't feel like it. Wanted to do it for AC1 since I love that game, but the flags proved too much for me.

Rafe Harwood
11-29-2014, 06:16 AM
I only 100% games I really enjoy. Did it for all the Ezio games, came close with the other AC games but either stopped caring or just didn't feel like it. Wanted to do it for AC1 since I love that game, but the flags proved too much for me.

I still throw it in the mchine every now and then and try to find the darn flags/templars :D

Sekuiya.
11-29-2014, 06:32 AM
OP gotta tell me where the Rift Artifacts are. Those things are too hard to figure out, having in mind they keep changing place... of some sort.

MatrixCerberus
11-29-2014, 06:45 AM

So I finally 100%'d the game, after grinding for hours on the companion app to unlock the artifacts in the Rifts that count towards 100%.

So even though I obviously did all the missions in the companion app, it glitched and hasn't unlocked the Altair outfit that you get for collecting said artifacts. You can't collect them again obviously...

Sigh....

Don't get me wrong. It sucks, but the replay value of this game is so low that once it's 100% it's a total win. I was aiming at 100% as well, but everytime i turn the game on to pick of a few collectibles i completely lose interest and switch to something else. Never ever felt this way about an AC game before.

EmptyCrustacean
12-22-2014, 06:57 PM
I'm not talking about the main campaign with all the mission constraints - I'm sure there are many who have (myself included).
I'm talking about every single section of the game from Paris Stories to Collectibles, Nomad app and all?

Pr0metheus 1962
12-22-2014, 07:18 PM
At 98% I'm very close, but not quite there yet. I have all the stuff except the last few items from the Companion app. A bug caused all my Companion app data to go missing for a few days, which kinda slowed me down. I'm hoping to get to 100% by this weekend.

Shahkulu101
12-22-2014, 07:20 PM
I'm not.

The side content in Unity is godawful and I have still to find a few Paris stories that for some annoying reason aren't appearing on the map.

Element CL
12-22-2014, 07:34 PM
I still have about 20 or so companion app collections to go, and I need to do all the bonus objectives on half of the missions. I have found every other chest and cockade after a whole day searching. What's lame about that is after I got done, I found out you can buy a map for those things with helix credits. D'OH!!!

JustPlainQuirky
12-22-2014, 07:39 PM
I'm not.

The side content in Unity is godawful and I have still to find a few Paris stories that for some annoying reason aren't appearing on the map.

Same here. It's super annoying.

EmptyCrustacean
12-22-2014, 07:56 PM
I still have about 20 or so companion app collections to go, and I need to do all the bonus objectives on half of the missions. I have found every other chest and cockade after a whole day searching. What's lame about that is after I got done, I found out you can buy a map for those things with helix credits. D'OH!!!

How do you purchase map with Helix credits?

EmptyCrustacean
12-22-2014, 08:00 PM
Seems like the companion app is slowing everyone down. It's super annoying that some of the recruits can only go up to certain levels, meaning you'll have to discard them for later missions. Problem is, the app doesn't tell you how far they can go beforehand.

I've been sending my recruits on the same 9 missions about 3 times just to get them to a level where they can participate in the next round of missions.

wvstolzing
12-22-2014, 08:42 PM
I've deleted the companion app (and the stupid windows 8.1 virtual machine it ran on); so I'll never get 100%. Enough is enough.

I'll eventually get 'full sync' on all story missions, though I'm not in a hurry at all.

SearStingray157
12-22-2014, 09:05 PM
From the progress tracker it looks like one need to play "Dead King" in order to complete 100%, is that correct ?

Hans684
12-22-2014, 09:06 PM
No since the "Companion"(backstabbing friend who blocks things from you) App is required, I can't get all those pointless artifacts that's there because? I'm getting as much in sync as I can.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-22-2014, 09:07 PM
im at 92.. ill never get 100 because i dont care about it....
Ill finish the 60 or so paris missions i have left (took a break because mission structure is super repetitive) and prob the companion app...
But the helix rift stuff is boring...
will come back after i finish reviewing the game im working on now :D

JustPlainQuirky
12-22-2014, 09:08 PM
only thing i have left is the notradamus enigmas that im too stupid to figure out and some boring companion app yuck

Spikey1989
12-22-2014, 09:12 PM
got 100% sync sunday morning.

Pandassin
12-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Nope, and I probably never will since the artifacts I have unlocked on the companion app won't unlock in the game, which is annoying since I always try to 100% an AC game. I'm stuck at 98% at the moment, with a few missing chests that I can't find on the map and some skill points from co-op missions. I can't tell if this or AC3 was worst for getting 100% sync.

Jackdaw951
12-22-2014, 11:17 PM
I've deleted the companion app (and the stupid windows 8.1 virtual machine it ran on); so I'll never get 100%. Enough is enough.

I'll eventually get 'full sync' on all story missions, though I'm not in a hurry at all.

Wait a sec. If the app runs on an 8.1 VM, will it run on the Xbox? That would be something.

Altair1789
12-22-2014, 11:30 PM
I'm not even gonna try thanks to the companion app

Hans684
12-22-2014, 11:41 PM
I don't understand the "companion" part of the App, how is it helping the player? How does make the game more immersive? How is blocking content something a "companion" would do?

ChiberianWinter
12-22-2014, 11:43 PM
How does unlocking the artifacts in the rifts work? Is every artifact in every rift locked behind the companion app? and once they are unlocked, are they automatically collected by our nomads like 24hrs after completing the mission, similar to the other companion chests and such or do we actually have to get those ourselves?

wvstolzing
12-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Wait a sec. If the app runs on an 8.1 VM, will it run on the Xbox? That would be something.

It might be available; though I have no idea what variant of windows xbox uses. On the windows 'store' they have versions of the app for ARM and x86 versions of Win 8.1; if the xbox os counts as legit 'windows', the app might run (the xbox is x86-based anyway).

Pandassin
12-23-2014, 12:39 AM
How does unlocking the artifacts in the rifts work? Is every artifact in every rift locked behind the companion app? and once they are unlocked, are they automatically collected by our nomads like 24hrs after completing the mission, similar to the other companion chests and such or do we actually have to get those ourselves?

There are a few artifacts that are unlocked by Initiates, but other than that it's mostly the app. Once you unlock them, you have to collect them yourself, the nomad's don't collect them which sucks...

SlyTrooper
12-23-2014, 03:09 AM
only thing i have left is the notradamus enigmas that im too stupid to figure out and some boring companion app yuck

I used a youtube guide & just went to the locations that the uploader did. There's no shame in being **** at puzzles, sis!

Loki5654
12-23-2014, 05:48 AM
I'm at 99%.

I have 1 Companion mission, 2 Companion chests, and the 3 of the Companion glyphs to unlock.

I've also completed the bulk of the AC:Initiates accomplishments.

orionsrise
12-23-2014, 06:19 AM
I have 100%. The companion app is one hell of a grind, but there is a workaround that I found AFTER I completed it. Apparently you can grind it out in a day or two by logging out of uplay on the app without closing it, then open your settings and change the time and date to after the completion time. It's cheating yes, but for those of you who really want that 100%, it is an option.

Man I was pissed to find it after.

UniteUnderPower
12-23-2014, 06:25 AM
No.

rrebe
12-23-2014, 10:04 AM
It's a work in progress, I think I was at 87% complete sync when I quit last night. Not much between me and my 100% sync, planning to get it all done by new years (or at least the main game part, the app will most likely delay me a bit)

joelsantos24
12-23-2014, 10:27 AM
I'm not.

Well, I'm currently around 50% in my current session. I've already finished the story once, as usual, but now I just want to enjoy everything. I had the Companion App installed at the beginning, but it just had to go. I mean, 500 MB worth of data? No, thanks. Perhaps I'll install it again in the future.

Anyway, it seems certain side-missions only appear after you clear certain tasks/missions in the first place. I'd cleaned the Île de la Cité of every mission and secondary mission, and a few missions or memories later, a new murder mystery appeared in that district.

Shahkulu101
12-23-2014, 10:51 AM
Well, I'm currently around 50% in my current session. I've already finished the story once, as usual, but now I just want to enjoy everything. I had the Companion App installed at the beginning, but it just had to go. I mean, 500 MB worth of data? No, thanks. Perhaps I'll install it again in the future.

Anyway, it seems certain side-missions only appear after you clear certain tasks/missions in the first place. I'd cleaned the Île de la Cité of every mission and secondary mission, and a few missions or memories later, a new murder mystery appeared in that district.

Well I have exactly three side missions left - the Paris stories - but none are on the map despite the fact I've done everything else. Unless Rifts count, but I don't see why they would. I think I need to come across them while exploring to get them to pop up. Don't know if it's a glitch or they just decided to make it that way for a select amount of side missions.

I had to discover 4 or 5 by myself already, and a few murder mysteries. I get that it's supposed to encourage exploration (if it's intentional), but if by bad luck you haven't come across them it's just not fun and very frustrating especially if you've dedicated your time trying to do everything.

joelsantos24
12-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Well I have exactly three side missions left - the Paris stories - but none are on the map despite the fact I've done everything else. Unless Rifts count, but I don't see why they would. I think I need to come across them while exploring to get them to pop up. Don't know if it's a glitch or they just decided to make it that way for a select amount of side missions.

I had to discover 4 or 5 by myself already, and a few murder mysteries. I get that it's supposed to encourage exploration (if it's intentional), but if by bad luck you haven't come across them it's just not fun and very frustrating especially if you've dedicated your time trying to do everything.
Yeah, I totally understand. Curiously enough, or probably not, I came across that side-mission leftover in the Île de la Cité district, after exploring that specific area. The thing is, I'd been there countless times before, so it's weird.

If you want my opinion, my money's on another weird glitch, since the game had so many already. Fortunately, though, I've had very few, my only significant glitch is (or was) getting stuck on supposedly solid structures like wagons. After the third update, it never happened again, truth be told. Until last night, though, when I got stuck while climbing a rooftop in the Heads Will Roll co-op mission. Things never seem to get stable in Unity. And don't get me started with Initiates. :mad:

Tyrhydion
12-23-2014, 12:17 PM
I would love to achieve 100% but I am afraid I have to give up due to many flaws in the game:

- there are Nomad collectibles that don't get collected when I aim for them
- there is not a single Club for me to sign on with more than 1-2 members and older than 1 day
- the Companion App connects with the game but not with Ubiservers, so I cannot play the app anymore
- now that I finished the main story, I am not motivated anymore for the remaining stuff to do tbh
- my ACinitiates profile got reset for no reason

I am tired of this flawed game. I lay it aside for the last 2-3 weeks, but ACU still knows how to piss me off.

HeJePi
12-23-2014, 02:41 PM
I do hope for a 99% by end of this year maybe ...

Just missing a co-op mission 'The Tournament' (I have to do it solo, don't have PlayStation+)
All the rest depends on this Fishing Nomad app. Mission + mementos ...

I also noticed that you must do 100% on the Rift 'run like mad dog' things too ... getting the 3 intel. for each of them is not enough.
You must collect extra datas so it shows 100% ... currently at 71%.

PS: I use the word 'fishing' instead of the other word 1/4 Fish + 3/4 dUCK ;)

PandaPuff86
12-23-2014, 03:49 PM
Well in my case. i currently have 99% sync. I'm still waiting for the next patch to come and fix that Murder Mystery "Body In The Brothel". That last investigation area cannot activate at all. And I'm almost finished with the companion app stuff as well. That app takes me probably almost 2 months to finish but i really wanted that Altair outfit. So its worth it.

Hans684
12-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Well in my case. i currently have 99% sync. I'm still waiting for the next patch to come and fix that Murder Mystery "Body In The Brothel". That last investigation area cannot activate at all. And I'm almost finished with the companion app stuff as well. That app takes me probably almost 2 months to finish but i really wanted that Altair outfit. So its worth it.

Go to de Sade's place.

HeJePi
12-23-2014, 04:31 PM
To start the 'Body in the Brothel', you must first finish all Marquis De Sade related Paris stories ... 3 of them if I am not wrong.

Then the trigger is there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgbpBm-TKe8

:D

SHADOWGARVIN
12-23-2014, 10:19 PM
I'm not talking about the main campaign with all the mission constraints - I'm sure there are many who have (myself included).
I'm talking about every single section of the game from Paris Stories to Collectibles, Nomad app and all?

I'm at 99%. All that's left are the artifacts in the helix rifts. I've completed all the nomad missions, so i only have to grab them, but i didn't have time to do that yet. I will soon. After that i'm at 100%.

lothario-da-be
12-23-2014, 10:23 PM
I am at 56% or something like that. And I don't feel like continuing. Bought Shadow of Mordor for Christmas instead.

ForbiddenJobu
12-23-2014, 10:59 PM
Seems like the companion app is slowing everyone down. It's super annoying that some of the recruits can only go up to certain levels, meaning you'll have to discard them for later missions. Problem is, the app doesn't tell you how far they can go beforehand.

I've been sending my recruits on the same 9 missions about 3 times just to get them to a level where they can participate in the next round of missions.

You can see what level your nomads can get to by counting the little boxes next to attack, defense, and stealth. One box = one level.

Save yourself a bit of time by just counting the grey boxes and adding them to the nomad's current level.

This information is visible even before you spend the credits to recruit a nomad.

If it helps, the four "special" nomads (the ones with the half-gold backgrounds) all max out at level 30. I've seen one other nomad that can go to 27, and the other 10 that I've recruited all top out between 21 and 25.

EmptyCrustacean
12-24-2014, 12:13 AM
You can see what level your nomads can get to by counting the little boxes next to attack, defense, and stealth. One box = one level.

Save yourself a bit of time by just counting the grey boxes and adding them to the nomad's current level.

This information is visible even before you spend the credits to recruit a nomad.

If it helps, the four "special" nomads (the ones with the half-gold backgrounds) all max out at level 30. I've seen one other nomad that can go to 27, and the other 10 that I've recruited all top out between 21 and 25.

Thanks! I was trying that method and didn't know if that was accurate but now that you've confirmed it I can do it with confidence.

bitebug2003
12-24-2014, 02:39 AM
It's a lot - (overwhelming at times) and the companion app's wait times are horrendous now as it's doing the18.00.00 - 24.00.00 missions now :S

I got all the Initiates Chests (I think)

Versailles is 100% done

Trying to get all the good gear now Arno has 5 diamonds - Advanced Veteran

Barely touched the side missions except the Rifts - slowly but surely I'll get there (and then there are the 2 MP trophies to consider if I want to go for the 100% trophy completion).

:S

SearStingray157
12-25-2014, 03:28 AM
I'm at 96%, missing a few helix rifts, 40% of Nostradamus, a few sync point and most o the companion app missions. I doubt I will get to 100% - but I have had a lot of fun getting this far

JustPlainQuirky
12-26-2014, 03:00 AM
I'm at 96% as well.

Notradamus Enigmas are boring and a pain.

I need to do bonus helix stuff.

Also the annoying companion app stuff.

I don't really plan on 100%ing anymore.

I just want the Altair outfit.

Hans684
12-26-2014, 12:38 PM
Soon™

robinthefactory
12-26-2014, 06:05 PM
I would love to achieve 100% but I am afraid I have to give up due to many flaws in the game:

- there are Nomad collectibles that don't get collected when I aim for them
- there is not a single Club for me to sign on with more than 1-2 members and older than 1 day
- the Companion App connects with the game but not with Ubiservers, so I cannot play the app anymore
- now that I finished the main story, I am not motivated anymore for the remaining stuff to do tbh
- my ACinitiates profile got reset for no reason

I am tired of this flawed game. I lay it aside for the last 2-3 weeks, but ACU still knows how to piss me off.

My club is almost two months old and we're number one in the Bronze Division in club competition. [INPH] Is our clan tag, we also have about 23 people. On topic, I have 99% completion with the companion app being the cause of the missing 1%. There missions that go up to 48 hours! That's ridiculous considering you earn almost nothing for the damn wait.

EmptyCrustacean
12-26-2014, 08:48 PM
I'm at 98% now. Just a couple of bonuses to collect on the Helix Rifts, half the artifacts and the god awful Nomad missions. The companion app is terrible.
If you've levelled up your Assassins well past the mission requirement, have over 80% of succeeding and all your Assassins die then it's safe to say Ubisoft did not design this app to be completed.
It's clear that they just want gamers to purchase higher level Assassins as a shortcut and I will NOT give in to the temptation.

diesel1988
12-27-2014, 03:14 AM
Yes did everything from the day it released(thursday) to monday(no sleep).. Waited for the app to finished (1 month) and collected helix roft artifacts today. 100%

Strizay1
12-27-2014, 07:46 AM
I need 20 more chests and a bunch of artifacts that are located in the rift missions. Why, why do they have to be hidden? That **** is so stupid. My map is clean, there's not one chest marker on it. But somehow I'm still 20 short. After investing 20 or so hours into this mess, I have no interest in going back to look for them. And putting artifacts in the rift missions? You get like 2 minutes to run around like Pac Man and collect these stupid light markers. That wouldn't be so bad if you could drive Arno correctly, but he acts like he should have a special helmet on and his mom should be wiping the drool from the corner of his mouth. This game for the most part is a terrible mess. Arno would almost always do the wrong move and get killed. Sometimes during his flopping around death scene, I feel like jumping in the game and stomping on his head for being so stupid. When he does his idiot dance and instead of going into cover he jumps up to a ledge and he gets swarmed by guards, at that point instead of fighting back or running away, I would just let his dumb *** just stand there and get brutally killed by like 7 guards.

TeRaVox
12-29-2014, 12:50 PM
https://scontent-a-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10801868_863194180368690_8125954883231879556_n.jpg ?oh=a48c40b9bf44cd73839ecb817f1b3c76&oe=55357B23

Just 100% completed the whole game, took me quite a long time due to the companion app missions , but hey it can be done heh... still i dont really quite like this companion app having to block my way from achieving 100% hmmm

OpticSpecs
12-29-2014, 12:51 PM
Nice :)

rrebe
12-29-2014, 12:58 PM
Congrats! :cool:
Still a work in progress for me, but I'm getting there..

aL_____eX
12-29-2014, 01:03 PM
I lost my will to 100% the game. Since completing the game depends on using a mostly broken app I'm fine with it ss long as I get all trophies.

Congrats OP

https://38.media.tumblr.com/5b931dabdcadc39dc453ba33aac28c7b/tumblr_mwkxo3NqHs1s609pno1_500.gif

buzbuz33
12-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Congrats! Using the companion app has caused me to have less than 100% in two of the miscellaneous categories - since there are now artifacts that I have to find in the rifts. I will get them eventually, along with a bunch of things that I will never use.

RA503
12-30-2014, 01:43 AM
congrats guy or girl,sadly they not put any reward for this, a question :

what is the last empty bar in paris stories session ? maybe is DLC ?

aL_____eX
12-30-2014, 01:46 AM

It's for the Dead Kings DLC I guess.

Fatal-Feit
12-30-2014, 02:42 AM

That's for the companion app missions. It's not syncing properly for some people so even if you complete the app, it won't appear as finished. Luckily, it doesn't add to 100% sync.

SearStingray157
12-30-2014, 04:34 AM
very nice, congrats - now what ? :).
I'm still at 96%, haven't played since Christmas since I got FarCry4 (another awesome game), but I will get back to it and try and get closer to the 100%, but doubt I will ever get there.

JustPlainQuirky
12-30-2014, 04:37 AM
im at 96% too

gave up

notradamus enigmas, helix data collecting, and companion app just arent fun

SlyTrooper
12-30-2014, 04:50 AM
If you get 100%, you'll feel much better for it, Quirky. But I do agree that Unity is more of a drag than others due to the app crap.

JustPlainQuirky
12-30-2014, 05:01 AM
More like I'll think "oh god i wasted so many hours into this"

SlyTrooper
12-30-2014, 05:04 AM
I found all the flags in AC1 & I never once felt that way. You just lack the conviction. Maybe you'll change your mind in a few years. I used to be the same.

TeRaVox
12-30-2014, 07:14 AM
i know how u all feel hahaha, i wanted to give up when i found out that my last few percentage to getting 100% required me to play the companion app and find the artifacts in the helix rift. but what kept me going was the fact that i had achieved 100% for all the previous AC games and wasnt gonna let this one companion app stop me from achieving it heh. ouh and dont bother upgrading the App to premium , i just focused on Pantheon and Les invalides :)

that last empty bar under Paris Stories is actually Companion app missions which i have yet to finish , good thing it doesnt count under the 100% sync :)

right now , i plan on starting my Far Cry 4 journey but also want to play the co-op and heist missions with friends , ive been playing them all alone because non of my friends play this game and those online lag all the time , its hard playing this game in a small country in Asia called Singapore heh...

rrebe
12-30-2014, 12:23 PM

It's for the Dead Kings DLC I guess.

App missions.

aL_____eX
12-30-2014, 12:45 PM
I found all the flags in AC1 & I never once felt that way. You just lack the conviction. Maybe you'll change your mind in a few years. I used to be the same.
That was such a pain. My first ever PS3 game and it nearly made me throw the console against the wall. AC1 was tough, just remember the (10?) Templar Knights spread all over the map.

@rrebe: Ah, thanks.

SixKeys
12-30-2014, 02:04 PM
That was such a pain. My first ever PS3 game and it nearly made me throw the console against the wall. AC1 was tough, just remember the (10?) Templar Knights spread all over the map.

10? Try 60.

aL_____eX
12-30-2014, 02:08 PM
10? Try 60.
You're right, there were 10 only in Jerusalem. :rolleyes: Just to much time since I last played the game...

UncappedWheel82
12-30-2014, 04:08 PM
I'm on my way as well. Damn this game has a TON of collectibles. lol

rrebe
12-30-2014, 04:21 PM
I'm on my way as well. Damn this game has a TON of collectibles. lol

I currently have everything done but finding 3 rift artifacts and replaying the story missions to 100%. It's been A LOT of work :D

aL_____eX
12-30-2014, 04:27 PM
I currently have everything done but finding 3 rift artifacts and replaying the story missions to 100%. It's been A LOT of work :D
Is it really time consuming to unlock the artifacts on the app? I'm still not sure if I should should reinstall it and go for 100%.

rrebe
12-30-2014, 04:42 PM
Is it really time consuming to unlock the artifacts on the app? I'm still not sure if I should should reinstall it and go for 100%.

Some of the nomad missions take up to 48 hours, so yeah, it could take weeks to get everything done. I started playing the app not long after it was released and I'm currently 3 missions (probably 3-5 more days) from finishing everything in the app. I haven't been in a hurry with the app so I guess it could be finished faster too... The artifacts are the rewards of the last and longest/hardest missions and after unlocking them in the app you still have to find them in the rifts.. -_-;

Hrafnagud72
12-30-2014, 04:48 PM
Some of the nomad missions take up to 48 hours, so yeah, it could take weeks to get everything done. I started playing the app not long after it was released and I'm currently 3 missions (probably 3-5 more days) from finishing everything in the app, I haven't been in a hurry with it so I guess it could be finished faster too... The artifacts are the rewards of the last and longest/hardest missions and after unlocking them in the app you still have to find them in the rifts.. -_-;

Yea, and finding them in the rifts is a pain in the ***. They spawn randomly and only 1 at a time in the rifts. And the same one you have already collected can still spawn and just leaves the blank shield saying you have already collected it. Forcing you to play the same rift many many times to collect 3-4 artifacts in it. It's a giant pain in the ***.

When I started working on those and picking up all the collectibles I gave up. There is just too much and it's too boring, not worth it at all. I'm entirely disinterested in this game now.

rrebe
12-30-2014, 04:52 PM
Yea, and finding them in the rifts is a pain in the ***. They spawn randomly and only 1 at a time in the rifts. And the same one you have already collected can still spawn and just leaves the blank shield saying you have already collected it. Forcing you to play the same rift many many times to collect 3-4 artifacts in it. It's a giant pain in the ***.

When I started working on those and picking up all the collectibles I gave up. There is just too much and it's too boring, not worth it at all. I'm entirely disinterested in this game now.

Yeah it can start feeling like a chore. Sometimes I ask myself: is this worth it? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but I just can't help myself wanting to finish what I've started. Damn gaming OCD :rolleyes:

HeJePi
12-30-2014, 05:29 PM
I believe everybody remember the 'aconite' in AC 2 Brotherhood ?
How many time did you fast travel to the thief HQ to have a chance to tackle the Borgia courier who is supposed to carry it ?

But the 'artifact' that spawn randomly in 2 + 3 + 2 rift !!!

Don't forget that in Initiates, there is also mention that for level 1 there is 1 chest / artifact to be collected in the Rift too ...

:nonchalance:

aL_____eX
12-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Some of the nomad missions take up to 48 hours, so yeah, it could take weeks to get everything done. I started playing the app not long after it was released and I'm currently 3 missions (probably 3-5 more days) from finishing everything in the app. I haven't been in a hurry with the app so I guess it could be finished faster too... The artifacts are the rewards of the last and longest/hardest missions and after unlocking them in the app you still have to find them in the rifts.. -_-;https://38.media.tumblr.com/350da2af646e021c97a786d25433a8c4/tumblr_mzeitjPIYm1r1avjko1_250.gif

Nope, not with me Ubisoft.

SlyTrooper
12-30-2014, 06:04 PM
When artifacts are unlocked in rifts are they available permanently or do you need to collect them within 24 hours?

rrebe
12-30-2014, 06:11 PM
When artifacts are unlocked in rifts are they available permanently or do you need to collect them within 24 hours?

I haven't seen any timers (like with the app missions and chests) with the artifacts, so I'd say they're permanently unlocked until you actually manage to find them.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/350da2af646e021c97a786d25433a8c4/tumblr_mzeitjPIYm1r1avjko1_250.gif

Nope, not with me Ubisoft.

lmao!
Yeah it requires a certain type of crazy to get the app 100% done.. :rolleyes:

SearStingray157
12-31-2014, 01:09 AM
I spend the time off today completing the Nostradamus riddles, found lots of help on this link http://www.gosunoob.com/assassins-creed-unity/. I'm now at 98% (up from %96). Missing Rifts, a few sync points and the companion app.

EmptyCrustacean
12-31-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm at 99% now. Just completed all the Helix bonuses. I must say I really like the 1940s setting and kept getting distracted by the landscape. I do hope we have a really excellent 1940s open world game from Ubisoft.

That said, the nomad app is really holding me back - as it is with most of you. It's buggy, nonsensical (the rules for recruit survival is all over the place) and it's poorly paced in terms of the flow of the game. It's not a coincidence that it is the last in all of us 99% people's to do list.

ETA: I've just sent four recruits on a level 10 mission now. Two of them is level 20, the other two are 19 and 17. Their combined skills have topped the mission requirements. Let's see how this pans out...

GOODY_2_SHOES_23
01-30-2015, 06:20 AM
100% complete, app and game, all gold bars across the progress tracker. My Artifact Memento is still not in my Cafe, and the Intendants Study still says 80/84 for mementos. I did a little research, based on a post I saw on the forums here, turns out there is a Hood in the gear loadout that is unlocked when you collect all the ARTIFACTS from Ventre de Paris of which there are 4. There are 3 parts to this District 2 in one part and 1 in each of the other 2, it shows my hood as being locked, but I have 100% artifacts and I have gone back to each of these to try to collect again or confirm I have them and I do and can't collect them again. I have submitted a ticket to Ubi-support, but I have yet to hear from them, if anyone knows of a way to fix this-other than a 3rd play thru, I have obtained Legend twice now due to the add a in game contact that corrupted my game save, please share.

GOODY_2_SHOES_23
01-30-2015, 06:31 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=771445696244260&set=a.771445692910927.1073741826.100001365119205&type=1

GOODY_2_SHOES_23
01-30-2015, 06:42 AM
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/1614473_771445696244260_8926009619926789070_o.jpg

GOODY_2_SHOES_23
01-30-2015, 06:47 AM
With that, please note, no artifact memento in the cafe and the intendants study sill says 80/84. I did some research and found a hood in the gear loadout that requires all artifacts from Ventre de Paris, of which there are 4, and as you can see, it says I have. The hood is The Tailored Bourgeois Hood, and it is still locked in my gear loadout, like many of the weapons I have unlocked, but can't equip, there hasn't been a fix yet. I have submitted a ticket to support, I have yet to hear back.

GOODY_2_SHOES_23
01-30-2015, 07:18 AM
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/1614473_771445696244260_8926009619926789070_o.jpgh ttps://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10830754_771453272910169_5182120218519030133_o.jpg As you can see, I have all the artifacts and yet, look at this... https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/1622282_771453149576848_3976928136458683523_o.jpgh ttps://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/10517602_771453619576801_1082462628246662268_o.jpg https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10947437_771453742910122_7968393918759670973_o.jpg https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10934123_771453832910113_5938147495640191652_o.jpg https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/1932583_771453896243440_2764397381292881557_o.jpg I haven't heard back from Ubi support yet, but I submitted a ticket on this issue, can't go back and re-collect the artifacts I already have. P.S. my club is looking for members https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10842232_771454026243427_9027037628019744992_o.jpg

GOODY_2_SHOES_23
01-30-2015, 07:41 AM
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/1932583_771453896243440_2764397381292881557_o.jpgh ttps://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/10517602_771453619576801_1082462628246662268_o.jpg https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/1622282_771453149576848_3976928136458683523_o.jpg

GOODY_2_SHOES_23
01-30-2015, 07:53 AM
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/1614473_771445696244260_8926009619926789070_o.jpgh ttps://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/10517602_771453619576801_1082462628246662268_o.jpg https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/1932583_771453896243440_2764397381292881557_o.jpgh ttps://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/1622282_771453149576848_3976928136458683523_o.jpg

JCar4327
01-30-2015, 08:16 AM
Twice. Only had to complete the companion app once. After you reach a certain point in the game the companion app chests and missions automatically unlock and you get the rewards without going around and redoing the missions or collecting the chests.

Sekuiya.
02-08-2015, 11:42 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10842232_771454026243427_9027037628019744992_o.jpg
Love how you were able to win 3 Competitions without even doing a Co-Op and Heist! XD

aL_____eX
02-09-2015, 01:09 PM
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/1622282_771453149576848_3976928136458683523_o.jpg
Can anyone tell me which outfit Arno's wearing here?

Farlander1991
02-09-2015, 01:16 PM
Can anyone tell me which outfit Arno's wearing here?

McFarlane outfit. Purchise Arno McFarlane figure and you get it.

aL_____eX
02-09-2015, 01:19 PM
Thanks Farlander. Too bad the McFarlane toys are 'US only' and not available on my local Amazon...

get_big101
02-09-2015, 06:14 PM

Sigh....

I found out what the glitch was and know a way to fix it (for those who aren't too far in progress with the app). I only know for Xbox One, so this may help only those with that console.

If you turn off your console with the game running then turn it back on, it will resume where you left off. This glitches the connection with the app, and even though it says Connection to Ubisoft Online is restored, it will not connect correctly to the app. So what you have to do is quit the game, then run it again. This will connect to the internet cleanly. Then run the app and it will connect fine with the game.

So again, make sure connection with the game is running fine after you restart it, then secondly, run the app. Luckily I found this out just before I started collecting the artifacts. A lot of experimenting when into this.

Also funny thing, I only had to collect 4 of the 8 rift artifacts to unlock Altair's outfit.