PDA

View Full Version : Charles Dorian Lineage Film?

Namikaze_17
11-29-2014, 12:42 AM
Personally after watching the beginning of Unity, I generally find myself interested in him, and am kinda disappointed we hardly know anything about him.

Thus why I made this thread about if he should get a lineage-like film featuring events before his death?

The events could be:

- His relationship/involvement with the Council/Temporary peace with the Templars
- Him being friends ( or at least partners) with Pierre
- His quest for the precursor box

I'll be fine if we don't know anything about him, but I am quite curious about his life before Shay killed him.

What do you guys think? Are you satisfied with what we know ( or don't know) about Dorian?

Feel free to Discuss. ;)

MakimotoJin
11-29-2014, 12:45 AM
Seems like a nice idea,but there's so much characters that could have a live-action film.Achilles,Shay(before or after the game events),maybe even Bellec(I only know him based on the game cutscenes and dialogues,so don't judge me).
also Connor but don't tell anyone

GoldenBoy9999
11-29-2014, 01:51 AM
It's a good idea. I know some people were wondering how Charles got the box so that'd tie that up. They could cut to Shay at certain points so we know what he was doing in between the last part of Rogue and when he went to Paris.

Fatal-Feit
11-29-2014, 02:07 AM
Hell yes! Especially if Shay is in it. ;)

VestigialLlama4
11-29-2014, 07:39 AM
Personally after watching the beginning of Unity, I generally find myself interested in him and am kinda disappointed we hardly know anything about him.

Thus why I made this Thread about if he should get a lineage-like film featuring events before his death?

The events could be:

- His relationship/involvement with the Council/Temporary peace with the Templars
- Him being friends ( or at least partners) with Pierre
- His quest for the precursor box

I'll be fine if we don't know anything about him, but I am quite curious about his life before Shay killed him.

What do you guys think? Are you satisfied with what we know ( or don't know) about Dorian?

Feel free to Discuss. ;)

I'd take a Pierre Bellec DLC myself, maybe where the two of them are buddy cops. I don't know if its worth sinking money for a film around that, when they could use that for Connor or Jenny Kenway.

Namikaze_17
11-29-2014, 11:08 AM
I'd take a Pierre Bellec DLC myself, maybe where the two of them are buddy cops. I don't know if its worth sinking money for a film around that, when they could use that for Connor or Jenny Kenway.

Well like Golden said, it would at least tie-in with Unity and actually give Charles more significance to the story rather than being a plot device for Arno.

And about Connor & Jenny:

I'm happy with how they explained their relationship. It doesn't need a film.

They know each other exist, and I'm fine with just that.

RinoTheBouncer
11-29-2014, 12:45 PM
I personally feel more disappointed that despite becoming an Assassin and knowing that his father was an Assassin, Arno never really bothered to look into the identity of his father’s murderer. I mean wouldn’t it have been just EPIC if the final “boss” of ACU was Shay Cormac? I mean we have TWO games this year, and those two were connected and not just random entries. So why not even bother linking them even more? Shay didn’t even appear in Unity. When he went to Paris in Rogue, I was like “OMG! the games are so connected” but I was disappointed to see that Arno didn’t even bother with his father’s murderer especially that he’s a Templar and Arno is an Assassin.

I think that would’ve been a much more epic ending than just killing a magical-sword-wielding guy who’s eyes have two different color who’s called “Sage” and we don’t even know the significance of that. I mean for a game that is marketed as some sort of “reboot” to the franchise, it’s really weird to never give any explanations nor even any benefit of the Sage. It’s just a man who happened to be so mysterious and was able to re-incarnate. From who? by who? for what? nobody knows.

johnsmith145
11-30-2014, 05:59 PM
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

I mean, if they can make 8 GCI trailers for 1 game, I don't see why a movie would be much more work.

GunnerGalactico
11-30-2014, 06:04 PM
I actually wouldn't mind IF they made one. It can be something similar to AC: Lineage.

Aphex_Tim
11-30-2014, 06:38 PM
I just want to know who killed him.

Namikaze_17
11-30-2014, 11:29 PM

Good question... :rolleyes:

Defalt221
04-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Sadly Ubisoft won't do it. Victory is already skipping his lineage?

Matknapers18
04-12-2015, 12:35 PM
This is a fantastic idea. I would love to see this.

Although its probably a long shot. I imagine that Ubisoft want to stay as far away from anything related to Unity as possible. Not to mention that they are probably already bogged down with the AC movie.

waynedavies89
04-12-2015, 01:17 PM
I really like the idea of another Lineage film to bridge Rogue and Unity.

When Ubisoft acquired Hybride Technologies back on 08, I assumed that we would see more of these short films, but at this point Ubisoft is more committed to AC movie. Is it possible that we will see more Lineage films in the future? Of course, Hybride is still owned by Ubisoft, so never say never! :)

FUN FACT:
Did you know that ACII: Lineage is technically one of the most expensive advertisements ever made for a video game?

Altair1789
04-12-2015, 11:54 PM
I wouldn't mind one, but I won't eagerly await one. I agree with Rino, Arno's dad should've played a bigger role in ACU

Uhh, are you fine with it being spoiled? I'll tell you in a spoiler tag if you want, or you can find it yourself

Mr.Black24
04-13-2015, 03:13 AM
Personally, I would not mind, although I'll play devil's advocate here to generate interesting debate.:cool: Especially since the forums feels quiet:

Since a lot of folks always talk about how Arno's story has no contribution to the overall story of the AC universe, similar to how people say that closure for Shay/Arno/Connor/Aveline, is unnecessary. Even you mentioned that closing their story is unnecessary: How and why is Charles Dorian's time with the Assassins truly necessary to tell? Especially compared to fully established characters in the lore?

But like I said, I wouldn't mind one at all!:)

I personally feel more disappointed that despite becoming an Assassin and knowing that his father was an Assassin, Arno never really bothered to look into the identity of his father’s murderer. I mean wouldn’t it have been just EPIC if the final “boss” of ACU was Shay Cormac? I mean we have TWO games this year, and those two were connected and not just random entries. So why not even bother linking them even more? Shay didn’t even appear in Unity. When he went to Paris in Rogue, I was like “OMG! the games are so connected” but I was disappointed to see that Arno didn’t even bother with his father’s murderer especially that he’s a Templar and Arno is an Assassin.
Although I agree with Rino that Arno should be on the trail of Revelation and Discovery, not Revenge, to learn about his father's killer and the reason behind his motives.
To be honest, I prefer finishing their story, than start another with Charles.

Namikaze_17
04-13-2015, 04:14 AM
Since a lot of folks always talk about how Arno's story has no contribution to the overall story of the AC universe, similar to how people say that closure for Shay/Arno/Connor/Aveline, is unnecessary. Even you mentioned that closing their story is unnecessary: How and why is Charles Dorian's time with the Assassins truly necessary to tell? Especially compared to fully established characters in the lore?

Well, is there any reason to see Giovanni's story? No, not really. ( Especially since it was about Ezio)

However, one thing I like about Lineage is that it made the beginning of AC2 feel more complete if that's the right word. You understood what led to the death of Ezio's family and how important it was for Ezio to avenge them. As well as it gave Giovanni a bit of back-story with him being a father/husband by day, and an Assassin by night.

Even Connor's interaction with Haytham felt better because we had an insight on Haytham's character. ( plus a back-story in Forsaken)

With Unity, Charles just receives the precursor box, gets killed, and that's it. There's no back-story as to why Charles was there, what led to it, or his relationship with the cast in Unity. ( What makes it worse is that nor him or the box were really referenced or talked about.)

As for Connor & Co; a good chuck of their stories are told. I would estimate a good 95%. For Charles, he just got introduced and died.

But with all that to say, it doesn't really matter to me if we get to know more about him or not. Just something I wouldn't mind seeing as you guys wouldn't either apparently.

Mr.Black24
04-13-2015, 04:49 AM
Well, is there any reason to see Giovanni's story? No, not really. ( Especially since it was about Ezio) Hence my feelings for it when it was announced. It was like "really, his dad?" kind of thing. It felt...random, at first, until...

However, one thing I like about Lineage is that it made the beginning of AC2 feel more complete if that's the right word. You understood what let to the death of Ezio's family and how important it was for Ezio to avenge them. As well as it gave Giovanni a bit of back-story with him being a father/husband by day, and an Assassin by night.
Exactly this! Showed them having family time, Giovanni's role as an Assassin, making Ezio's quest for vengeance more sympathetic, or at least more understandable.

Even Connor's interaction with Haytham felt better because we had an insight on Haytham's character. ( plus a back-story in Forsaken) Them feels ugh! Biggest headspinner for me is when it was Haytham that saved Connor from hanging. Templar and Assassin they might be, but it won't never fully muck family blood.

With Unity, Charles just receives the precursor box, gets killed, and that's it. There's no back-story as to why Charles was there, what led to it, or his relationship with the cast in Unity. ( What makes it worse if that nor him or the box were really referenced or talked about.) Hated how the writing in Unity went like this. Sure, De la Serre is dead and all, but what about his actual dad, that box, and why him, for something like this won't be in the hands of no ordinary Assassin!

As for Connor & Co, a good chuck of their stories are told. I would estimate a good 95%. For Charles, he just got introduced and died.
I beg to differ....

But with all that to say, it doesn't really matter to me if we get to know more about him or not. Just something I wouldn't mind seeing as you guys wouldn't either. In one way, sure, you are right, if it came out, its fine. But in another matter, if you finish one character's story, finish the ones who also need it as well. Seriously, Connor exiting stage left, Shay walking with the box planning who knows what with it, Aveline with the Disk, and with Arno alongside the Brotherhood not even caring one wit about Charles and reason for the Box is beyond not fine.

Namikaze_17
04-13-2015, 05:08 AM
Hated how the writing in Unity went like this. Sure, De la Serre is dead and all, but what about his actual dad, that box, and why him, for something like this won't be in the hands of no ordinary Assassin!

Exactly! Such a task wouldn't always go to an ordinary Assassin; which leads me to believe he must have been highly ranked in the Brotherhood.

Then again, this isn't always the case as Achilles tasked Shay, ( A novice at the time) with finding the precursor temple, and Arno giving some random novice the artifact to send to Cairo.

I beg to differ....

Of course you do. :p

In one way, sure, you are right, if it came out, its fine. But in another matter, if you finish one character's story, finish the ones who also need it as well. Seriously, Connor exiting stage left, Shay walking with the box planning who knows what with it, Aveline with the Disk, and with Arno alongside the Brotherhood not even caring one wit about Charles and reason for the Box is beyond not fine.

Don't get me wrong, I agree my friend.

It kinda bothers me that this, alongside the other stories are being swept under the rug so to speak.