PDA

View Full Version : Is this a joke? (AC Initiates related)

Riku_Kurosaki15
11-29-2014, 12:29 AM
Was browsing the emblems in AC Initiates and the unlock requirements for the Marquis de Sade emblem say "Found all the glitches in Assassin's Creed: Unity". O_o what is this referring to?

Also, there is a avatar of Arno Dorian(which looks nothing like him) that says you have to use Abstergo Employee Manual promotional code? I am assuming they are talking about the AC Unity: Abstergo Entertainment Employee Handbook? If so, I have the book and I can find nowhere in the book a promotional code to use...

SixKeys
11-29-2014, 12:29 AM
Was browsing the emblems in AC Initiates and the unlock requirements for the Marquis de Sade emblem say "Found all the glitches in Assassin's Creed: Unity". O_o

OMG hahahahahaha

MakimotoJin
11-29-2014, 12:32 AM
That's gonna take a looooooong time lol

SixKeys
11-29-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm seriously dying over here.

SixKeys
11-29-2014, 12:36 AM
Now we know why the site was in alpha for so long. We really are all alpha testers for Unity.

rrebe
11-29-2014, 12:39 AM
Was browsing the emblems in AC Initiates and the unlock requirements for the Marquis de Sade emblem say "Found all the glitches in Assassin's Creed: Unity". O_o what is this referring to?

What? Seriously?

Oh my god LMAO!

Either we're missing something or Initiates devs have a great sense of humour :D

MakimotoJin
11-29-2014, 12:40 AM
Now we know why the site was in alpha for so long. We really are all alpha testers for Unity.

The truth has been spoken!

Riku_Kurosaki15
11-29-2014, 12:40 AM
I know right? I'm like wondering what the hell they are talking about...I've been enjoying the game so far but there are some weird glitches I've come across recently...like the other day, I was fighting two Extremists down by the river between the north part of Paris and the middle island. After I kill them, this woman comes running straight out of a solid stone wall in front of me and runs across the river. ACROSS the river. Like Jesus. Then stumbles and falls into the water near the opposite end. I managed to catch the last 20 or 30 seconds of it on video to show it to a friend of mine.

Sejdovic11
11-29-2014, 12:43 AM

My brother, did you realized that just now? :D

SixKeys
11-29-2014, 12:55 AM
The best part about all this is is that Marquis de Sade was the one after whom the word "sadism" was coined.

Sekuiya.
11-29-2014, 07:14 AM
There are indeed 3 avatars from Unity that I have no idea what they're referring to:

- Completed all Villa quests in Assassin's Creed® Unity.
- Finished all Node contracts in Assassin's Creed® Unity.
- Found all the glitches in Assassin's Creed® Unity.

Maybe they're DLC related?

FatiguedEnigma
11-29-2014, 09:11 AM

Also, there is a avatar of Arno Dorian(which looks nothing like him) that says you have to use Abstergo Employee Manual promotional code? I am assuming they are talking about the AC Unity: Abstergo Entertainment Employee Handbook? If so, I have the book and I can find nowhere in the book a promotional code to use...

Okay guys.. If you havent played the first AC game u wont know.. a glitch isnt exactly a GLITCH>>>It's more during a cutscene you'll notice a glimmer or a sound and shards click a button and the cutscene will change the perspective and you'll see a bigger story behind it all.. not many AC Veterans I see

Layytez
11-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Okay guys.. If you havent played the first AC game u wont know.. a glitch isnt exactly a GLITCH>>>It's more during a cutscene you'll notice a glimmer or a sound and shards click a button and the cutscene will change the perspective and you'll see a bigger story behind it all.. not many AC Veterans I see
As far as I can tell there is nothing like that in Unity. I don't know what these "glitches" are. Maybe content added later on ?

MakimotoJin
11-29-2014, 06:39 PM

Or,maybe this doesn't appear in Unity,and we're trying to laugh a bit.Did you ever considered that?

RinoTheBouncer
11-29-2014, 06:44 PM
I don’t remember any glitches in ACU, like as in Animus/Helix glitches. Could that mean that you finish the rift missions, getting all the data fragments? I don’t recall anything officially called a “Glitch” in ACU

ChipFoamy
11-29-2014, 06:49 PM

Didn't see any of those during unity.

Spikey1989
11-30-2014, 03:19 PM
i havent seen any glitch in the game either and have then also repayled many for completing accomplishments :O

edit: - finished all node contracts in Assassins creed Unity - i belive its the nomad missions from the companion app

Spikey1989
12-03-2014, 11:27 AM
any1 have something new on this?

NicoParasite
12-04-2014, 03:29 AM
Well im having a bug with initiates,it says that i need to achieve 100% completition on sequence 3 to unlock Arno´s avatar,but i already have 100% synch in all the main sequences so wtf?Also it says i unlocked Hervé Quemar´s avatar by doing all the paris stories,but i just started doing those :/

JustPlainQuirky
12-04-2014, 03:37 AM
Oh my goooooood

intentional or not, that's hilarious.

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 03:46 AM
Pfft, haha. ^^

Initiates is a Troll.

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 03:59 AM
Ya know, we haven't heard anything from the Initiates *cough*team*cough* for a fair while.

Maybe, just maybe, one of the initiates team put that in to hint at how many glitches Unity has and was sacked for having a sense of humour ;)

Spikey1989
12-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Well im having a bug with initiates,it says that i need to achieve 100% completition on sequence 3 to unlock Arno´s avatar,but i already have 100% synch in all the main sequences so wtf?Also it says i unlocked Hervé Quemar´s avatar by doing all the paris stories,but i just started doing those :/

with the sequnce3 achivement: go to progress tracking: sequnce 3, replay last mission and it should unlock. had the same problem with sequnce2

dxsxhxcx
12-04-2014, 11:41 AM
it isn't a joke, once you spot a glitch you must turn your eagle vision on and tag it in order to complete that achievement, that's why they released the game at the state it was released...

subject24021983
12-04-2014, 12:35 PM

Ive been looking all over to and cant ssem to find anything on how to do it. Makes me mad. I love the book but stil it angers me that i cant use a code or even find a code to unlock things.

TAZZIE74
12-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows about the Villa Quests for unlocking the Pierre Bellec Initiate avatar

Sabutto
12-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Initiates was enjoyable on the old site too they actually had all the games, the missions were fun as hell. Way to drop the ball UBI, again. Way to fail on giving us a reason to replay the games, Good effort however.

Spikey1989
12-07-2014, 12:10 PM
it isn't a joke, once you spot a glitch you must turn your eagle vision on and tag it in order to complete that achievement, that's why they released the game at the state it was released...

so u haev found some (or all) glitches?

PointyEBT
03-16-2015, 04:54 AM
Ive been looking all over to and cant ssem to find anything on how to do it. Makes me mad. I love the book but stil it angers me that i cant use a code or even find a code to unlock things.

It may not work anyway. I've added codes for lots of the small figures, at least four statues, and the blood vial. Initiates either accepts the codes and doesn't show them, but then doesn't let me re-enter them, or just plain says the code is wrong.

And what happened to the daily drills? I was looking forward to those but they never happened and I see the link has been quietly taken off the site.

PointyEBT
03-16-2015, 04:57 AM

I've played through all the games (except three - plank Connor is a sumbling block and I've still to complete that one), and I've never seen anything like what you've mentioned. Can you explain a bit more? I'm interested to see what I've missed. :)

SixKeys
03-16-2015, 08:28 AM
I've played through all the games (except three - plank Connor is a sumbling block and I've still to complete that one), and I've never seen anything like what you've mentioned. Can you explain a bit more? I'm interested to see what I've missed. :)

It's something that was only part of AC1. In that game, during cut scenes you would sometimes get a "glitch" (which looked like white DNA strands). If you pressed a button at the right moment, the cut scene would continue from a different, often more cinematic, angle.

You can see it in this video at 7:10:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_233687707&feature=i v&src_vid=WFp6IEPghOs&v=_pq9raD3JC4

Alphacos007
03-16-2015, 02:16 PM
I always though the "glitches" were meant to be the Nostradamus Enigmas :P

ERICATHERINE
03-16-2015, 04:36 PM
There is also the "MALIK AL-SAYF" avatar. It's the only one that don't tell us how to obtain it. :-(

PointyEBT
03-16-2015, 10:12 PM
It's something that was only part of AC1. In that game, during cut scenes you would sometimes get a "glitch" (which looked like white DNA strands). If you pressed a button at the right moment, the cut scene would continue from a different, often more cinematic, angle.

You can see it in this video at 7:10:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_233687707&feature=i v&src_vid=WFp6IEPghOs&v=_pq9raD3JC4

You're talking about the chemical symbols that flash up on the screen? I've seen those before but I didn't know they did anything else. What are you meant to do when you see them?

RADAR__4077
03-16-2015, 10:16 PM
You're talking about the chemical symbols that flash up on the screen? I've seen those before but I didn't know they did anything else. What are you meant to do when you see them?

You press x and get a more cinematic view. In that scene you can get a close up of the guy's legs being broken.

PointyEBT
03-16-2015, 11:10 PM
You press x and get a more cinematic view. In that scene you can get a close up of the guy's legs being broken.

Now I just need to remember how to translate X to 'I play on a PC' :)

SixKeys
03-16-2015, 11:21 PM
Now I just need to remember how to translate X to 'I play on a PC' :)

On PC you can press any button. (At least I think so - pressing Space has always worked for me.)

Alphacos007
03-16-2015, 11:46 PM
Yep, on PC any button works.

Morgan-GW
03-17-2015, 07:32 PM
It's something that was only part of AC1. ... But that's AC1. The avatar refers to AC:U.

SixKeys
03-17-2015, 07:51 PM
But that's AC1. The avatar refers to AC:U.

I know. I was merely explaining what AC1's use of glitches meant for the person who didn't remember that feature. I still have no idea what the Unity avatar is referring to.

Morgan-GW
03-17-2015, 07:56 PM
I know. I was merely explaining what AC1's use of glitches meant for the person who didn't remember that feature. I still have no idea what the Unity avatar is referring to.Fair enough :-).

Maybe it has something to do with the rifts? ::shrugs::

keypoet
04-10-2015, 05:30 AM
Same here. I bought the Black Flag ruled journal and the abstergo handbook, there is no promotion code in thm!

micksith
04-10-2015, 12:57 PM

Initiates is Always broken , This month it's convinced i have 100% Sync for Every game (except AC1) But thinks i've only completed Story in Unity , Rogue ,Liberation & Freedom Cry.
Initiates probably causes half the glitches found in AC games .... Syncing with a broken system can't be beneficial .

Dion27T
04-13-2015, 02:06 PM
Any update on this 1 guys? I'm also looking for the solution. Something about the Villa quests?

Selestina118
04-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Same here. I bought the Black Flag ruled journal and the abstergo handbook, there is no promotion code in thm!

The Black Flag journal was a Barnes & Noble exclusive. You'll know you have the right one because it will mention the code on a sticker on the plastic packaging. Not sure if they are still available though.

Shadow Markuz
04-19-2015, 02:37 AM
Hey guys :)

- About the "villa missions", I think they are referring to the Café Theatre missions. The devs have described the Café Theatre as similar to the Villa of AC2 more than once in the ACU campaign, if I recall correctly

- About the glitches, I think it's a reference to the Time Anomalies / Rift missions, as they are a glitch in the Helix system maybe?

- About the Abstergo Employee Handbook, it can only be registered in the Initiates collection if it was the Indigo Edition of the Handbook (only available in Canada), as mentiond by Escoblades here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/964195-Where-and-how-do-you-register-the-AC-Unity-Abstergo-Entertainment-Employee-Handbook?p=10397896&viewfull=1#post10397896).

All in all "villa quests", "node contracts" and "glitches" seem like technical terms or I should say the terms used by the devs to describe certain kind of missions (instead of using the actual names of those types of missions)

SixKeys
04-19-2015, 04:00 AM
- About the Abstergo Employee Handbook, it can only be registered in the Initiates collection if it was the Indigo Edition of the Handbook (only available in Canada), as mentiond by Escoblades here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/964195-Where-and-how-do-you-register-the-AC-Unity-Abstergo-Entertainment-Employee-Handbook?p=10397896&viewfull=1#post10397896).

WTF? That's so random. Glad I didn't buy the book when I was in Sweden last week.

Shadow Markuz
04-19-2015, 11:33 AM
It's as random as the Black Flag Journal from Barnes and Noble. That's the way partnerships are,... I guess?

Distrayz
05-30-2015, 01:09 AM
So, I've thoroughly studied the sense of this ”enigma” per say, as well as all the theories elaborated here & as I was already aware of the symbolic Animus glitches in the Altar Star, {AC1 evidently}, I rapidly ruled that out even though it was solely mentioned for informative purposes. Then, I happened to find the idea of genuine dev glitches, that one must need to tag in order to somehow register them, quite interesting as there is obviously a whole bunch of 'em in the product {graphics, physics, A.I. etc}. As I set myself on a quest to map all of these anomalies out, I encountered something utterly odd, meaningful. You see, Westernmost side of the glamorous Ville aux Lumières {Paris of course}, in the Vendôme vicinity of the Louvre borough at approximately 24m from a Murder Mystery, if one happens to take a little walk alongside the Helix's limits, a slightly glowing ray of light can be seen emaning from the ground, being around 3 foot long & only able to be perceived from a certain angle. Of course I was baffled by this discovery, knowing it wasn't an accidental glitch, as you'll certainly bear witness, so I promptly used the 6th Sense to earn some answers. It glowed very distinctively from the surroundings. I believe I, mindful Initiate, have come across what the engineers of this world call ”Glitches in AC Unity”. Now, following this solid theory, plural means there are obviously more, & comparing all other avatar requirements {excluding the promo codes} added to the richness of Donaçien "Sado" Alphonse François's personnage, I'd theorize there is a fairly extensive amount of 'em. As a result, I'll stay vigilant, third eye wide opened on their search in hope of truly hardening this supposed truth. I trust your will & curiosity to act alike, fellow Initiates. Trayz out \\ P.S. I'm in the belief this must've been quite painful to read, if read by any, my apologies; I'm a Frenchman, still struggling with this universal language yes.

Daemondreus
06-24-2015, 08:48 AM
P.S. I'm in the belief this must've been quite painful to read, if read by any, my apologies; I'm a Frenchman, still struggling with this universal language yes.

Sorry to say, but it's not your language that is painful to read, but that font is.

Sorrosyss
06-24-2015, 12:55 PM
I suspect that those three (glitches, villas, nodes) all relate to content that was ultimately cut from the game alas. As we all know, Initiates is not high on the fix list. :p

Badcow68
07-28-2015, 11:55 PM
I am going to guess that it was taken out or disabled. I think I found the "Glitch" but nothing could be done with it.

Badcow68
08-25-2015, 10:06 PM
It is working now! Mine are updating by the way. Been working on them since got 100% in Unity and DK.

OptimusJ1975
01-05-2016, 07:07 AM
Initiates was enjoyable on the old site too they actually had all the games, the missions were fun as hell. Way to drop the ball UBI, again. Way to fail on giving us a reason to replay the games, Good effort however.

Yeah, I miss that. There was reason for people buy even older games they don't have, and there was an actual reason to participate, because people could see each others profiles.

CrossedEagle
01-05-2016, 08:25 PM
There are indeed 3 avatars from Unity that I have no idea what they're referring to:

- Completed all Villa quests in Assassin's Creed® Unity.
- Finished all Node contracts in Assassin's Creed® Unity.
- Found all the glitches in Assassin's Creed® Unity.

Maybe they're DLC related?

I imagine these were sidequests that were cut so ACU could be shipped on time and on budget.