PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity - Refund Declined

iGeeZee
11-28-2014, 11:37 PM
I bought AC UNITY from GMG. DL'ed it and booted it up. The game is unplayable. The FPS drops to 5-10. I even have everything on LOW. A PC where Shadow Of Mordor worked flawlessly on HIGH settings.

GMG won't even let me get a refund for the product. Even with the patch its unplayable. Only time I can play is in Eagle Vision. I'm frustrated and sad and don't know what to do. :/

fenris19892
11-28-2014, 11:40 PM
I bought AC UNITY from GMG. DL'ed it and booted it up. The game is unplayable. The FPS drops to 5-10. I even have everything on LOW. A PC where Shadow Of Mordor worked flawlessly on HIGH settings.

GMG won't even let me get a refund for the product. Even with the patch its unplayable. Only time I can play is in Eagle Vision. I'm frustrated and sad and don't know what to do. :/

GMG?what is that a third party site?

YazX_
11-28-2014, 11:50 PM
GMG?what is that a third party site?

GMG = GreenManGaming , yes its third party website for selling games digitally.

to OP, well from their perspective, they sent you a working key same as described, they are not responsible for any technical issues, only thing they are responsible of is working key the same as product description says, they are not the game developer nor publisher, so you can understand why its declined.

Anyway, this game has tons of textures and stuff going and cannot be simply compared to SoM, however, Ubisoft announced that they are addressing the FPS and performance issues in future upcoming patches and they are currently working on patch 4, so lets wait for the next patch to come out.

ryan8374
11-28-2014, 11:59 PM
You didn't bother mentioning what your system's specifications are. My setup was perfect for running Black Flag at Ultra settings, but absolutely sucked for Unity. Perhaps your system is simply not up to the task.

similarly
11-29-2014, 12:34 AM
My question first would be: does your computer meet the minimum requirements for running the game? Remember that the minimum just means you can PLAY the game. Doesn't mean you can play on ultra. Even if you have "recommended" settings, that doesn't mean you can play on the highest settings. Generally, the minimum settings just mean the game will run. Period. Recommended is kind of an intermediate level. If you want to play on the highest graphics settings, you need to EXCEED the recommended. I think a lot of people don't seem to understand how this works.

Believe me, I sympathize. The second game I ever bought off steam, I was getting maybe one frame every two seconds (LOLOLOLOL), and since then I've learned to (a) buy good high-end computers, and (b) check the specs on a game before I put my money down.

This doesn't mean that your computer specs ARE the problem. They're just the first thing I'd check if I were getting 5-10 fps.

Luquatic
11-29-2014, 01:25 AM
Ubisoft announced that they are addressing the FPS and performance issues in future upcoming patches and they are currently working on patch 4, so lets wait for the next patch to come out.

Any ETA?

And do you know if this patch will include the SLI suttering problem? I really wanna start playing this game without it freezing every 3 seconds.

PunishedRated
11-29-2014, 01:29 AM
Anyway, this game has tons of textures and stuff going and cannot be simply compared to SoM, however, Ubisoft announced that they are addressing the FPS and performance issues in future upcoming patches and they are currently working on patch 4, so lets wait for the next patch to come out.

Please stop, you sound like Alex Amancio when he said "30 was our goal, it feels more cinematic."