PDA

View Full Version : Assassination Missions - Unique Kills (spoilers)

Shahkulu101
11-28-2014, 08:55 PM
So far I haven't been able to get any unique kills, except for the very first assassination mission - and that's only because I saw it in the demo. I haven't been able to figure out the other ones but I've been doing the MOD missions.

I'd like to know which assassination missions have unique kills and what exactly they are. I've just started sequence 10, so don't mention anything after that point.

dimbismp
11-28-2014, 09:15 PM
You ar not doing something wrong,not all assassinations have unique kills.As far i remember there are 3 unique kills in total.The sivert one and the sequence 10 and 11 assassinations.Not anything special though IMO

Shahkulu101
11-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Oh okay, and despite that I am doing quite a but wrong in the assassination missions, I've struggled to get 'clean' kills for all of them. A little disappointed in myself but replaying them and figuring out the best way should be fun.

And I'm not sure they were supposed to be ZOMG super amazing, instead subtle little touches. Sivert's was pretty cool but not spectacular.

SixKeys
11-28-2014, 09:23 PM
You have to meet both special requirements (there are always 2) to unlock the special kills. I missed Sivert's because I didn't realize you had to do both. The sequence 10 one is fantastic if you get it right.

rprkjj
11-28-2014, 09:23 PM
The La Touche SA is awesome. The Le Peletier poison is tricky, didn't get it on my first run.

dimbismp
11-28-2014, 09:29 PM
Yeah the la touche one is truly unique.

Xstantin
11-28-2014, 09:29 PM
Poison one was really cool (I felt like I was playing Dishonored :))

Shahkulu101
11-28-2014, 09:33 PM
Poison one was really cool (I felt like I was playing Dishonored :))

Poison you say? Awesome.

Interesting. I'm surprised there's only 3 in the entire game though, I'd have thought they would have had a few more of them...

TO_M
11-28-2014, 09:37 PM
While not technically unique in comparison with how the game defines the other unique kills, I did see a video of someone killing Rouille after jumping off the Bastille.

SixKeys
11-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Poison you say? Awesome.

Interesting. I'm surprised there's only 3 in the entire game though, I'd have thought they would have had a few more of them...

Yeah, I was really hoping for more. Haven't seen any examples of the much-touted AMM either. Hopefully in the next game.

Shahkulu101
11-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I was really hoping for more. Haven't seen any examples of the much-touted AMM either. Hopefully in the next game.

I've seen a couple of AMM in the side missions but nothing special really. I was supposed to steal something from a priest but I took too long and he left the area, so I had to ask a couple of locals about what was going on and one pointed me to a map that I then had to steal. Another time I was chasing a guy and lost him, so it turned into a locate mission but as soon as I found him he started running again. I was grateful the missions didn't fail but if that's the best it can do that's pretty underwhelming. Maybe someone can provide better examples?

KG_NOx
11-28-2014, 11:11 PM
I had problems with the Marie Levesque assassination by doing the distraction opportunity I never know how to "use" it. Has anyone having the same problem?

Shahkulu101
11-28-2014, 11:16 PM
I had problems with the Marie Levesque assassination by doing the distraction opportunity I never know how to "use" it. Has anyone having the same problem?

Marie frequently stops and looks out the window at the fireworks that your buddy sets off for you. There's a convenient bench nearby the window, and also a crowd to blend into.

Aphex_Tim
11-28-2014, 11:20 PM
At the beginning of the mission it states if it has a unique kill opportunity; on the screen that also shows the amount of entrances, guards etc. and indeed, not all of 'em have one.
The one with the poison didn't even really feel like a unique one imo since it just draws your target to another room where you can stab him in the face.
Don't know about La Touche though; I kinda f***ed that one up and had every guard in Paris on my *** before I knew what was going on... :p I'm on my second playthrough now though so I'll be a bit more careful next time.

KG_NOx
11-28-2014, 11:31 PM
At the beginning of the mission it states if it has a unique kill opportunity; on the screen that also shows the amount of entrances, guards etc. and indeed, not all of 'em have one.
The one with the poison didn't even really feel like a unique one imo since it just draws your target to another room where you can stab him in the face.
Don't know about La Touche though; I kinda f***ed that one up and had every guard in Paris on my *** before I knew what was going on... :p I'm on my second playthrough now though so I'll be a bit more careful next time.

I thought the unique kills were something when you do it it appears a little cutscene just like Sivert's which is nice

The poison one was pretty fun to me cause i hide in that little room and i was like "Da hek my target is coming right at me" as i did poison him

PedroAntonio2
11-29-2014, 12:43 AM
How do you poison the wine ? I managed to stealt it and enter the window ( I bribed the woman so she could open the window for me ), then I infiltrated the house and I killed the target just throwing a little bomb in the corner of the room so everyone could be distracted, then I approached the target and stabbed him.

SixKeys
11-29-2014, 01:02 AM
How do you poison the wine ? I managed to stealt it and enter the window ( I bribed the woman so she could open the window for me ), then I infiltrated the house and I killed the target just throwing a little bomb in the corner of the room so everyone could be distracted, then I approached the target and stabbed him.

After you've stolen the poison, you enter the house from the other direction (not the side with the window, since it's impossible to sneak past the guards there). There's an exclamation mark pointing you in the right direction. There you can move through the guests to replace the wine with the poison bottle. The target will call for his waiter to bring him the tray and you can just watch from a distance as he drinks the poison. The target then starts to feel ill and says he'll retire for the night, after which point you can either assassinate him when he moves closer to the guests (like I did) or get into his office through the open window and wait for him there.