PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy the next Assassin's Creed on release?

hapkidolaurent
11-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Will you actually buy the next Assassin's Creed on release after that what happened with Unity.
Me as a big fan of the whole franchise (games, books, comics, movies) was overly hyped by Unity and preorderd it since it was announced on the E32014.
I do not regret my choice but it made me more carefull to think about first.

Unity is a great game. I had a blast but it is way not the potential used in the last games. Im fairly unsure if I will buy it on release because it made me extremely unsecure about the company behind. Its really hard to not get hyped by all these fantastic trailers. All I wish is that the company will be honest to us. Like Projekt red with "The Witcher 3" they said. "We dont know if we make it past the 30Frames. We first want to make sure that it runs on 1080p on both consoles."... see it isnt that hard. If there are problems with the hardware, they should tell us. We are fanboys but we are not stupid. And we all love Unity otherwhise we wouldnt be so active and upset on this forum.

RinoTheBouncer
11-28-2014, 03:16 PM
I definitely will pre-order it. I’m sure that whatever mistakes happened during the development process of ACU, they won’t be repeated with the next game, I hope.

Jackdaw951
11-28-2014, 03:20 PM
Technically, I preordered Unity. But the reality is more complicated. I jumped on the $350 (US) ACU/BF XONE bundle when it was first announced. The opportunity to get the system I was eyeing for $50 cheaper, with the new-gen version of Black Flag (which I love) thrown in, PLUS the new Unity game? How could I pass it up?

I'm on old, jaded gamer. I don't trust any developer enough to preorder games per se. I never would have bought Unity without post-release feedback otherwise. I don't regret how I got it one bit, and I am enjoying it. But barring similar circumstances in the future, no, I will not buy the next AC game (or any game) on faith on the release date, or before. I'll always wait a while for feedback, and fixes when needed.

Sejdovic11
11-28-2014, 03:20 PM
Definitely not, I also canceled my FC4 pre-order, but after watched some reviews and played game at my friend's house, I bought it anyway and I'm enjoying it. I'm not going to pre-order any games from Ubisoft or EA never again.

I don't have anything to say about story at ACU, I might even like it, it's the matter of personal opinion, but they ruined it with they poor optimization on all platforms.

RzaRecta357
11-28-2014, 03:33 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt. I didn't have that bad of an FPS problem. Probably my 50 down and 30 up connection since that was causing alot of it. I love me some character stories so I have no issues with a love thing or a family thing. The combat and parkour are amazing. I can run around with my bros. The spear animations rock.

Absolutely love the game. Now the engine is nailed and the complaints are filed so the next game will be amazing I'm sure.

hapkidolaurent
11-28-2014, 03:37 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt. I didn't have that bad of an FPS problem. Probably my 50 down and 30 up connection since that was causing alot of it. I love me some character stories so I have no issues with a love thing or a family thing. The combat and parkour are amazing. I can run around with my bros. The spear animations rock.

Absolutely love the game. Now the engine is nailed and the complaints are filed so the next game will be amazing I'm sure.

I give you right on the parkour and combat (sometimes the camera has some spasmes) I also like Arno but there is no real depth nothing to relate to but thats a thing of tastes right ? :)

Terrence_Lee
11-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Absolutely, I love the ac franchise. I played every ac game since the 1st one. To be honest, unity is disappointing, consider as an ac title, but it isn't bad enough to put me off from buying another ac game. I will continue to support the ac franchise, let us hope the next AC live up to the general expectations and ubisoft wouldn't let us down again.

RzaRecta357
11-28-2014, 03:46 PM
I give you right on the parkour and combat (sometimes the camera has some spasmes) I also like Arno but there is no real depth nothing to relate to but thats a thing of tastes right ? :)

I haven't beat it yet but I don't mind Arno so far. You see him go from the Ezio type of trouble maker to the more serious guy. He still quips about breaking into stuff or getting into minor trouble sometimes. I mean, so far it has nothing on Shay and making his own luck or anything :P. But I still enjoy him so far. Once I see the ending I'll obviously have my final judgement.

Yeah I love the combat and actually needing to run sometimes. I see why some people want it zoomed out. It's manageable with the radar thingy if you watch for crosshairs but a further out camera would probably help with that quite a bit. The parkour is just amazing.. Once you figure out when to hold climb up or jump and when not too.. When to go down you just get around SO much faster than the previous games.

Hell, I seen a reviewer complain that the game told him he needed to use L2 to get in a window but then didn't even need to use the button ever but damned if he could ever actually get into a window when he wanted to. I was like wtf? Obviously hit L2 dude. It'll stick you in a window no matter what angle you're on as long as you're close to it.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-28-2014, 03:53 PM
I probably will pre-order next time, because I'm an idiot. But Unity is the first of the series that's given me pause.

I will be less likely to pre-order if any of the following are true:

1. Alex Amancio (director of Revelations and Unity) is still employed by Ubisoft and working on Assassin's Creed games.
2. Alex Hutchinson (director of AC3) is still employed by Ubisoft and working on Assassin's Creed games.
3. The game is getting as much pre-game marketing hype as AC3 and Unity got. Hype is always a bad sign.

I will be more likely to pre-order if any of the following are true:

1. Ubisoft re-hires Patrice Desilets to be director of the game.
2. The game is set in London.
3. The game is set in feudal Japan.

hapkidolaurent
11-28-2014, 03:54 PM
I haven't beat it yet but I don't mind Arno so far. You see him go from the Ezio type of trouble maker to the more serious guy. He still quips about breaking into stuff or getting into minor trouble sometimes. I mean, so far it has nothing on Shay and making his own luck or anything :P. But I still enjoy him so far. Once I see the ending I'll obviously have my final judgement.

Yeah I love the combat and actually needing to run sometimes. I see why some people want it zoomed out. It's manageable with the radar thingy if you watch for crosshairs but a further out camera would probably help with that quite a bit. The parkour is just amazing.. Once you figure out when to hold climb up or jump and when not too.. When to go down you just get around SO much faster than the previous games.

Hell, I seen a reviewer complain that the game told him he needed to use L2 to get in a window but then didn't even need to use the button ever but damned if he could ever actually get into a window when he wanted to. I was like wtf? Obviously hit L2 dude. It'll stick you in a window no matter what angle you're on as long as you're close to it.

I also love the parkour mechanics, as someone who does parkour myself I can say that most of the jumps and climbing animation are realistic. Also about the windows I have never encountered a problem. I think the only thing where he gets stuck is on the open balcony. there arno cant climb in. Also I encountered some places in the game where he doesnt climb even if he could. And Im not talking about the border of the map
But thats forgiveable. which is wierd is that when you are vaulting over a fence then he slows extremely down which shouldnt happen because you have still your momentum when vaulting in real life. And in AC3 and AC4 it was the case.

I would like to know if you play on the PS4 if yes you can add me and we can run around some times :P

Kratosx23
11-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I will. The technical issues will be nowhere near as bad next time, they've been put on warning by their fans. This fiasco has already cost them millions of dollars in season pass money that they've given up just to pacify their fans and do some damage control, they're not gonna have the next game be this untested and open up the next can of worms. Not to mention, as long as I can complete the story, and I was able to complete the story at my leisure the whole time, it's still suits my needs just fine. I don't want to wait any longer than I have to, I love AC.

And besides the technical issues, Unity is great. Paris is the best map an AC has ever seen, it even tops Rome. The new system that lets you slide down the buildings easily makes free running amazingly convenient as well. I also love that they went the Hitman route and added in level specific ways to kill your targets, the confessional one is beautifully satisfying.

SearStingray157
11-28-2014, 04:13 PM
yes definitely - The more I play this game, the more I love it. By now I will rate this as the best AC game ever.

bgfgty66
11-28-2014, 04:14 PM
I'd will definitively get the next assassins creed game, but Pre-order it? that is the question. Guess it will depend if where the game takes place, who's the protag if its a character sequel, what console is it on (pretty sure all new AC titles will be PS4 XBOX1 doubt they'll be making doubles like Rouge and Unity.)

Pr0metheus 1962
11-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Paris is the best map an AC has ever seen, it even tops Rome. The new system that lets you slide down the buildings easily makes free running amazingly convenient as well. I also love that they went the Hitman route and added in level specific ways to kill your targets, the confessional one is beautifully satisfying.

Yes, if that was all it took for an Assassin's Creed game to be great, Unity would indeed be great. Unfortunately it also has a terrible and short story, a historical setting that is glossed over and presented in a biased and uninteresting way, and characters that make the word "stereotypical" seem like an understatement. Assassin's Creed is supposed to be better than this.

Before Unity, I would never have said that a single game could kill a franchise, but Unity may be that game. There will be future Assassin's Creed games, but the franchise itself may have received a mortal wound, because Unity has the potential to destroy a lot of fans' interest in the series.

VestigialLlama4
11-28-2014, 05:22 PM
Will you actually buy the next Assassin's Creed on release after that what happened with Unity.
Me as a big fan of the whole franchise (games, books, comics, movies) was overly hyped by Unity and preorderd it since it was announced on the E32014.
I do not regret my choice but it made me more carefull to think about first.

Well, it depends. I came into the Franchise with III on the horizon (I played the earlier titles before release), I pre-ordered III but that was because I liked the idea of a Native American at the time of the American Revolution. And the game did not disappoint me at all, I heard there were these glitches and bugs but I faced very few of them and compared to the disaster that is Unity, its pretty mild. For me the reaction to III on the part of gaming fanboys smacked of racism and backlash, since people picked on really petty issues and made a big deal of it, and disguised the fact that they didn't like a game which was not a white male fantasy by bringing other issues. For that reason, when Black Flag came, I wasn't too keen about the Pirate Era and having a Blonde White dude as the protagonist so I waited for the release and saw the videos and then went and bought it(and played it four times since) since it turned out to be different than what they promoted and the humor of the game is terrific.

Now with Unity, I was pretty keen about it, until they said they're making the hero an aristocrat and made him look and described him to be an Ezio clone, then the English accents and the like. Co-Op I was not excited at all since that (like Multiplayer) is not my taste at all but I was thinking that as long as its optional, its fine by me. I was excited for the Revolutionary setting but kept getting bad vibes off the marketing, that and it was Next Gen only which meant a huge expense for me. I bought an Xbox 360 when it became reasonable thanks to the old console's long shelf-life which meant that I had a good back catalogue to catch up on for three new years. I figured that I'd upgrade the PC, then there was this super-expensive graphics guard they asked for on the specs(now I will wait for Arkham Knight to see if I can upgrade for it). Then the game came out and what I saw was a train wreck, a disaster on every concievable level that it pretty much soured the entire thing for me.

But again if the next game has a cool premise and a cool concept, then I might pre-order it. The great thing about AC is that it can be any kind of game and setting if they do it right, so they can start over next game if they choose. I doubt they will ever make such a mistake again in terms of poor porting. Hopefully being made to give a DLC free of charge is a humbling they take forward. AC3 was a bit of a warning to them but they ignored it, Unity is the cautionary tale.

mmac900
11-28-2014, 05:30 PM
You people must be all masochists! Do the industry a favor and please dont pre-roder for a year, and see how much things change.

x___Luffy___x
11-28-2014, 05:47 PM
i wanna pre order the next Ac, have the pre orders started yet ? ;)

Fatal-Feit
11-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Yes, of course. Unity was great and I look forward to its sequel. Hopefully written by Darby McDevitt this time. :o

Assassin_M
11-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Yes and so will everyone here who claims otherwise. The question should be whether or not people are gonna pre-order. I never pre-ordered a game and neither should anyone else.

DraconisLupus
11-28-2014, 06:14 PM
Yes I will. Unity is a good game. It's major malfunction is that the only took game mechanics from AC and AC2. If they had also kept some of the mechanics from ACB and AC3 then it would have been no question about it and ACU would have been viewed as one of the best ACs yet. I was going to add AC4 to the mechanics but the major improvements in AC4 were the naval improvements and they were not a factor in this storyline.

DynaRider
11-28-2014, 06:22 PM
Reading through the threads on this forum would not convince me one way or the other if I would like or dislike a game. For every 10 people who hate the combat system there are 10 others who love it, and on and on. Windows 8 got terrible reviews but I have no problems with it and am now using the preview release of Windows 10. If I had been influenced by the reviews to not buy or use the new systems I would have missed an opportunity for an upgrade I actually came to like. Same with movies. Some movies have gone on to be box office hits even though some critics panned them. I will likely pre-order the next AC version and make up my own mind whether I like it or not.

rob1990312
11-28-2014, 06:26 PM
i will most likely get it on release day again

Kevciu2409
11-28-2014, 06:31 PM
I am so pity of you guys. You got unfinished ****, you are paying for being beta testers (or even alpha testers) and you want to buy next product day1. LOL

Now I know why Ubi is giving **** to us - they know that most of gamers are dumb and will eat it.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-28-2014, 06:32 PM
For every 10 people who hate the combat system there are 10 others who love it, and on and on.

That's why you have to look a bit deeper, into the reasons for the love and hate. If you just reduce reviews to "love" or "hate" and ignore the arguments pro or con, you're not likely to get a clear enough picture to make a reasoned decision.

DraconisLupus
11-28-2014, 06:33 PM
I personally like the harder combat but I think counter kills should have been kept. But as a bought skill. And since the enemies are using the same combat engine as we are the top enemy archetypes should also have access to it. Maybe making room for another night skill to block their counter kills with a timely button hit.

rrebe
11-28-2014, 06:33 PM
Will I buy the next AC game? Yes, and most likely on release date (it's too early to say anything about pre-ordering).

bitebug2003
11-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Yes most likely it's one of my favourite franchises

GoldenBoy9999
11-28-2014, 09:13 PM
Absolutely. It's my favorite franchise. I had a doubt after AC4. I said, I don't have to get every game at release, there are others out there. Now that I'm here though I'm likely to get the next on release.

I'll try to cheer some people up if I can. AC has been known to try new things, then master those new things. This happened with AC1 to AC2, ACIII to ACIV and ACRo, and hopefully ACU to the next game. This has been their first true current gen game and they now know what is a good range of new features. The next game will likely look similar to ACU, as ACIV was with ACIII. The next game will hopefully be polished nicely and be a great experience like everyone said AC4 was. The next game will obviously include some new features, but not like ACU where some things are finicky.

Rafe Harwood
11-28-2014, 09:16 PM
The only reason I didn't preorder Unity is because I do not have a next-gen console. I did however pre-order Rogue.

I will probably pre-order the next one because of the extras you get with the pre-order.

At the end of the day, the game will be fine. We all just complain about it for a few weeks and then we all enjoy it... or else we wouldn't still be here griping about it ;)

Assassin_M
11-28-2014, 10:05 PM
I am so pity of you guys.
I knowwwww, i'm so pity of you too, guy

MakimotoJin
11-28-2014, 10:20 PM
If I had a next-gen console,yes.Problems aside,AC always has something good.Either it's in the Colonies,or the West Indies,Ubisoft never did something that would make me lost my faith in the franchise.And for the guy that's complaining about people buying "crap" from Ubisoft,some things are subjective.Some like Watch Dogs,some don't.Some like ACU,and some don't.Jesus,is that too hard to understand?

Kevciu2409
11-28-2014, 10:35 PM
I knowwwww, i'm so pity of you too, guy

Thank you :)

At least I am not a brainless idiot, that will eat **** - straight from Ubi ***. Because of gamers like this (in this thread) Ubi does not care - they know that all of you turds will buy nex title no matter what.

So be alpha tester for 60$, it is my pleasure (because of your effort I can buy complete game 6 months after you) and it makes me to think that this generation of gamers are just casuals and brainless teenagers.

Assassin_M
11-28-2014, 10:40 PM
At least I am not a brainless idiot, that will eat **** - straight from Ubi ***.
Oh COME ON!! I was eating a sandwich, you disgusting jerk.

Sejdovic11
11-28-2014, 10:47 PM
So be alpha tester for 60$

I agree with that, I'm done with pre-orders with Ubisoft's games. I will get next AC when price drops and after I see some feedback from people here on forums, reviews and so on...

Cheers!

SixKeys
11-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Probably, but I'll see how Ubi handles the mistakes made with Unity's release throughout next year. In the past they've been notoriously lazy about patching their games. Unity seems to have been a wake-up call for them, let's hope it causes them to reconsider the handling of yearly releases.

Kevciu2409
11-29-2014, 02:06 AM
Oh COME ON!! I was eating a sandwich, you disgusting jerk.

How am I a Jerk if its you who like to eat poop from Ubi ***? And i can imagine that sandwich is all you have after spending all your money into this not working bs. Have fun though. Being a stupid money generator is the best you can do with your life so give my regards to your parents.

SixKeys
11-29-2014, 02:10 AM
How am I a Jerk if its you who like to eat poop from Ubi ***? And i can imagine that sandwich is all you have after spending all your money into this not working bs. Have fun though. Being a stupid money generator is the best you can do with your life so give my regards to your parents.

Being a money generator would be pretty awesome, actually.

Assassin_M
11-29-2014, 03:40 AM
so give my regards to your parents.
I'm an orphan.

Jdeadevil
11-29-2014, 03:44 AM

Do you have anger issues or something? The "You disgusting jerk" bit was obviously a sarcastic joke.

MakimotoJin
11-29-2014, 03:46 AM
Just leave the man alone.He's just angry that other people are doing stuff,none of which have something to do with him,but whatever.
"Hide in plain sight from the flame wars".I learned this tenet,so I'll gently leave this conversation.

Jdeadevil
11-29-2014, 04:05 AM
Just leave the man alone.He's just angry that other people are doing stuff,none of which have something to do with him,but whatever.
"Hide in plain sight from the flame wars".I learned this tenet,so I'll gently leave this conversation.

Oh no you don't! *Punches other guy and hides behind you*

MakimotoJin
11-29-2014, 04:07 AM
Just let me leave this thread!

Jdeadevil
11-29-2014, 04:12 AM
Just let me leave this thread!

>: )

DynaRider
11-29-2014, 06:47 AM
Thank you :)

At least I am not a brainless idiot, that will eat **** - straight from Ubi ***. Because of gamers like this (in this thread) Ubi does not care - they know that all of you turds will buy nex title no matter what.

So be alpha tester for 60$, it is my pleasure (because of your effort I can buy complete game 6 months after you) and it makes me to think that this generation of gamers are just casuals and brainless teenagers.

I haven't been a teenager for 58 years now. When I last was a teenager and most of my peers were still trying to unhook their girlfriend's bra in the back seat of their dad's Plymouth I was stationed at an Air Force remote site saddled with some pretty heavy duty responsibilities. I don't think I was brainless then and I certainly am not brainless now.

D.I.D.
11-29-2014, 07:07 AM
Definitely, if the series retains the things Unity built (a physically vulnerable protagonist, good use of interiors, the "peeling" effect of overcoming initially impossible defences by increments, meaningful choices in paths and methods, lively large crowds, tough enemies with good aim and the sense to attack in groups).

If it retreats into power fantasies (swashbuckling superheroes, story over gameplay, low difficulty to flatter the customer's ego, polite enemies who help you to kill them, a meaningless range of weapons just because) then I'd hope that I'd have the self-control to say no. There's more chance of me succeeding with that promise now, with Watch Dogs, the new Middle Earth, Dishonored and various other games establishing themselves.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2014, 01:20 PM
If it retreats into power fantasies (...story over gameplay, low difficulty to flatter the customer's ego...

You remind me of what Augustin Lejeune says about Saint-Just: "One day you had nothing but kindly thoughts of him, the next you found yourself compelled to loathe him."

I think eventually I'm going to dislike you, because our philosophies on gaming differ so completely, but you often say interesting and intelligent things. It's so frustrating.

Jackdaw951
11-29-2014, 01:35 PM
I haven't been a teenager for 58 years now. When I last was a teenager and most of my peers were still trying to unhook their girlfriend's bra in the back seat of their dad's Plymouth I was stationed at an Air Force remote site saddled with some pretty heavy duty responsibilities. I don't think I was brainless then and I certainly am not brainless now.

Respect! I always fancy myself the senior member on gaming boards. Only 41 years have elapsed since I was a teenager. Clearly, I need to lower my expectations.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2014, 02:16 PM
Respect! I always fancy myself the senior member on gaming boards. Only 41 years have elapsed since I was a teenager. Clearly, I need to lower my expectations.

I had similar illusions, until a few years ago I met a gamer in his 80s. As I keep telling the youngsters of 40 and under, their generation didn't invent video games, and video games are enjoyed by people throughout the age spectrum.

And I guess I'm one of the youngest of the "Old Guard", since it's only 33 years since I was a teenager.

MakimotoJin
11-29-2014, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure if this Kevciu is trolling,or just angry at random people from the internet,a.k.a. dumb.

Jdeadevil
11-29-2014, 06:36 PM

I'm not sure if this Kevciu is trolling,or just angry at random people from the internet,a.k.a. dumb.

Brilliant.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2014, 06:38 PM
To be honest, I can see why he's upset and lashing out. Unity makes me upset too, because Assassin's Creed used to be a lot better than this.

Jdeadevil
11-29-2014, 06:41 PM
To be honest, I can see why he's upset and lashing out. Unity makes me upset too, because Assassin's Creed used to be better than this.

I'm just contemplating whether the new mechanics are just ****, or the game is so buggy it makes the mechanics look ****. Mainly the combat.

D.I.D.
11-29-2014, 06:42 PM
You remind me of what Augustin Lejeune says about Saint-Just: "One day you had nothing but kindly thoughts of him, the next you found yourself compelled to loathe him."

I think eventually I'm going to dislike you, because our philosophies on gaming differ so completely, but you often say interesting and intelligent things. It's so frustrating.

Fill your boots, mate. You'll be disliking whatever personality you've built for me based on the things I've said on a forum about a game, and I have neither the ability or the inclination to prevent that.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2014, 06:55 PM
I'm just contemplating whether the new mechanics are just ****, or the game is so buggy it makes the mechanics look ****. Mainly the combat.

I'm hoping that it's just bugs making the combat seem like crap. That way, we have a chance of it being fixed. Unfortunately there's never going to be anything done about the fact that the simplistic story and the moustache-twirling villains belong in a kiddie's fairytale.

Jdeadevil
11-29-2014, 07:10 PM
I know the combat is meant to be difficult but sometimes it's borderline impossible to finish a fight. I think guards resorting to playing Call of Duty, one-hit kills, and lack of selecting targets was intentional, but I think if other issues such as crowds getting involved or the frame rate dropping were non-existent then I'd try and learn how to get around the intentional issues.

Edit: Aggressive Stance is an issue too, if you throw down a smoke bomb you can't use your hidden blade and assassinate them, you just run in their swinging your sword round randomly because you have to wait until he puts away his sword.

MakimotoJin
11-29-2014, 07:17 PM
Brilliant.

I'm trying to leave,but you keep pushing me to this pointless fight....argh.

To be honest, I can see why he's upset and lashing out. Unity makes me upset too, because Assassin's Creed used to be a lot better than this.

I guess I do as well,but being aggressive to other people is a bit senseless,especially in the internet.

Jdeadevil
11-29-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm trying to leave,but you keep pushing me to this pointless fight....argh..

It would probably work better if you didn't try and blame me or say anything about it. Because every time you say you're not taking part, I'm tempted to say something. :P

Shahkulu101
11-29-2014, 08:27 PM
No. I have franchise fatigue.

I love Unity's mechanics but I just turned it off because I felt like if I ran across another rooftop and infiltrated another restricted area I'd go insane. Going to rush through the story at some point and then move on to Rogue - which I don't even feel like playing at this point...

SlyTrooper
11-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Ubi don't usually make the same mistakes twice in a row. This is evident with AC2 fixing most of the issues in AC1 & ACIV fixing most of the issues with AC3. The next AC will just be Unity refined, but with some extra features that everyone will love, just like Black Flag.

Mr.Blackkatt
11-29-2014, 08:30 PM

you had the same bad FPS as everybody else playing it on the console you own! and your Internet connection has nothing todo with it you n00b! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate

and yeah, I will most def not order or pre order any games from Ubisoft until they get there **** together.

I probably will pre-order next time, because I'm an idiot. But Unity is the first of the series that's given me pause.

I will be less likely to pre-order if any of the following are true:

1. Alex Amancio (director of Revelations and Unity) is still employed by Ubisoft and working on Assassin's Creed games.
2. Alex Hutchinson (director of AC3) is still employed by Ubisoft and working on Assassin's Creed games.
3. The game is getting as much pre-game marketing hype as AC3 and Unity got. Hype is always a bad sign.

I will be more likely to pre-order if any of the following are true:

1. Ubisoft re-hires Patrice Desilets to be director of the game.
2. The game is set in London.
3. The game is set in feudal Japan.

Agreed! sort of, i wont pre-order. But I'll have a look at it. What you said about Hype, I never thought of it that way. I will in the future due =)

MakimotoJin
11-29-2014, 08:33 PM
It would probably work better if you didn't try and blame me or say anything about it. Because every time you say you're not taking part, I'm tempted to say something. :P

You're right.For a angry man,I think you have some good in your heart.

Jdeadevil
11-29-2014, 08:34 PM
you had the same bad FPS as everybody else playing it on the console you own! and your Internet connection has nothing todo with it you n00b!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate

Turning it off made the FPS in my game better

Jdeadevil
11-29-2014, 08:35 PM
Trololololol.

Fixed

MakimotoJin
11-29-2014, 08:37 PM
So I guess we're friends now.

Jdeadevil
11-29-2014, 08:46 PM
So I guess we're friends now.

Best friends. someone get me a hammer

Edit: Oh ****, wrong hex code

Journey93
11-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Hell no the next time I will wait patiently and confirm how the performance AND how the story is
after unity failed on both fronts I'm sceptical (AC always had a good story for me at least but they dropped the ball with Unity)

Mr.Blackkatt
11-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Turning it off made the FPS in my game better

Turning what off the Internet? well yeah If you read the changelog it says

Patch 3 Notes - Rolling Out This week

Fixed specific framerate drops
Improved general Framerate on PS4 by lowering the priority of the online services thread

...but if you have an 50/30 connection or 10/10 or even 10/1 that would not make a difference...and playing offline cuts the game in half =/

Jdeadevil
11-29-2014, 09:01 PM
Ah, fair do's, yeah that makes sense, if I understand correctly

GoldenBoy9999
11-29-2014, 09:16 PM
Ubi don't usually make the same mistakes twice in a row. This is evident with AC2 fixing most of the issues in AC1 & ACIV fixing most of the issues with AC3. The next AC will just be Unity refined, but with some extra features that everyone will love, just like Black Flag.

Good inferences! :) That's exactly what I was saying.

Rafe Harwood
11-29-2014, 09:19 PM
you had the same bad FPS as everybody else playing it on the console you own! and your Internet connection has nothing todo with it you n00b! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate

and yeah, I will most def not order or pre order any games from Ubisoft until they get there **** together.

Agreed! sort of, i wont pre-order. But I'll have a look at it. What you said about Hype, I never thought of it that way. I will in the future due =)

*their

Minsooky
11-30-2014, 05:24 AM
To answer the original question - unless the next AC game is surprise Connor sequel then no, I'm not buying on release, nor will I pre-order.

I've been pre-ordering since AC3 but after Unity I don't see the point. I really wanted to get Unity ASAP because I was really interested in the French Revolution, but idk what period they could cover that would get me equally as interested anymore. Unless they plan to do something with the American West...then maybe.

Also, might as well not pre-order because at least Ubi will have some patches to deal with whatever glitches pop up if I order later on.

Latte10010
11-30-2014, 05:38 AM
Never trust a cool trailer video, never trust their bragging how great this game is in making video,
never trust their game-play video before release.
Never buy from their official shop again, because they won't tell you & own Customer Service when
the containers failed to through Customs and sent back to their facility so everyone tracking DHL number became panicked.
Only nice DHL person tells you what they did.

I'll pre-order from Amazon or local game shop only if it's in Victorian London. In case again even if the game sucks
I know the picture would be nice.
If it's in anywhere else, I'll decide whether I'll buy or not after reading 100 reviews from Amazon US & UK.

Zafar1981
11-30-2014, 06:38 AM
I'l buy the next game and the only reason is history. My only issue with the series in now they are focusing on moth full of side stuff and making the main story very short. After AC 2 all the main stories are getting shorter and shorter.
I won't mind if they want to release it every year or six month, but they need to make a strong and lengthy story. Man AC unity has only 26 main missions which is less then half of AC 2.

UniteUnderPower
11-30-2014, 08:03 AM
I'l buy the next game and the only reason is history. My only issue with the series in now they are focusing on moth full of side stuff and making the main story very short. After AC 2 all the main stories are getting shorter and shorter.
I won't mind if they want to release it every year or six month, but they need to make a strong and lengthy story. Man AC unity has only 26 main missions which is less then half of AC 2.

AC3's story was longer than both Brotherhood and Revelations. But yes, Unity's story is disgustingly short.

Bigodon
11-30-2014, 09:42 AM
yes, but not at launch or near close of its release date
my recent experiences with this and lbp3 teach me stop pre ordering stuff or take things on day one, neither naughty gods or rockstar are blind believe devs

for get AC game day one again, this should have multiple reports its:
- ok to play, regarding its framerate, bugs and other technical issues
- polished as possible
- devs didn't done parity bullsh*t and full using what every platform can offer
- reviews and players saying good things about the game it self

Thayin2012
11-30-2014, 11:32 AM
I definitely would. Assassin's Creed is my kind of game, and to be honest I'm loving Unity. The combat feels new, and more challenging, and I also love the way that you are told how many ways there are to complete an Assassination mission. I've read about all the glitches the game has been having, and after playing through to the beginning of sequence 6, I haven't experienced anything like those. The worst things I have experienced could be called 'rough edges' at worst. My only complaint is how quickly the difficulty level of the missions go up, and how you only earn skill points by completing missions. It kind of creates a cycle where I don't do a mission because I can't upgrade because I can't do the mission etc. Also, it would be nice if the game told you that you don't have a skill you need to complete the mission. I remember playing a mission for about 20 minutes before being unable to complete because I couldn't pick a lock or something.
I have experienced nothing in Unity that would make me not buy the next AC. It may be because I tried to watch and read as little as possible about it before it came out, but that's my opinion.

johnsmith145
11-30-2014, 05:04 PM
No.

Unless they wait at least two years.

Unless they let any reviewer write and publish, at any time they want. With whatever opinion they might have of the game.

Unless they convince me that it will be a story focused game that doesn't forget about the modern day.

Unless I can come across a leak that confirms that the game won't show a blatant disregard for depicting history correctly.

Unless they remove content locked in the main game by peripheral junk.

So most likely not.

Rafe Harwood
11-30-2014, 05:30 PM
No.

Unless they wait at least two years.

Unless they let any reviewer write and publish, at any time they want. With whatever opinion they might have of the game.

Unless they convince me that it will be a story focused game that doesn't forget about the modern day.

Unless I can come across a leak that confirms that the game won't show a blatant disregard for depicting history correctly.

Unless they remove content locked in the main game by peripheral junk.

So most likely not.

So, you will not buy another AC game ever? or you will just wait a few days and buy it anyway?

Anyone who writes on this forum and says they won't get the pre-order, is either kidding themselves or just jumping on the "we hate ubi" bandwagon... which of course means they will eventually buy the games anyway ;)

johnsmith145
11-30-2014, 05:35 PM
I'll probably wait a year after it's released and buy it on a major sale.

Rafe Harwood
11-30-2014, 05:46 PM
I'll probably wait a year after it's released and buy it on a major sale.

We will remmeber your name next year ;)

Pr0metheus 1962
11-30-2014, 05:46 PM
Anyone who writes on this forum and says they won't get the pre-order, is either kidding themselves or just jumping on the "we hate ubi" bandwagon...

As I see it, anyone who doesn't hate Ubisoft after Unity needs his head examining.

Rafe Harwood
11-30-2014, 05:51 PM
As I see it, anyone who doesn't hate Ubisoft after Unity needs their head examining.

Yet you spend an awful lot of time complaining ;)

Pr0metheus 1962
11-30-2014, 06:03 PM
Yet you spend an awful lot of time complaining ;) You're damned right, because unlike you apologists, I care enough about the quality of these games to want Ubisoft's next game to be better. I'm not going to allow anyone at Ubisoft to think they can get away with this again. If Ubisoft does this again, you and your pals will bear a lot of the blame.

I care about this series. How do you show that you care? By accepting mediocrity! You pretend you're defending the franchise while you're working to destroy it.

Yeah, real heroes, you lot. I'm sure Ubisoft management loves you guys.

Rafe Harwood
11-30-2014, 06:08 PM
You're damned right, because unlike you apologists, I want Ubisoft's next game to be better.

Since when did I become an apologist?

At best, I'm completely redundant to any conversation regarding Unity as I don't even own a 'next-gen' console and I only today received an email notifying me of the dispatch of my copy of Unity.

Stop with the darn wallpaper-brush branding of people. It isn't big, clever, or even slightly amusing.

Some of us will enjoy the game several times. Probably more than one of those times being broken.

Realist is a term I will accept ;)

Sejdovic11
11-30-2014, 06:41 PM
So, you will not buy another AC game ever? or you will just wait a few days and buy it anyway?

Anyone who writes on this forum and says they won't get the pre-order, is either kidding themselves or just jumping on the "we hate ubi" bandwagon... which of course means they will eventually buy the games anyway ;)

Yes, you are right, I will buy game when I'll see some good reviews and good feedback from people here on forum. And yes, I'll buy it for 50 or more % cheaper. Unity is a mess, and I won't accept that **** again, you can call me hate bandwagoner, or whatever, that's just my opinion, I don't care if you'll be buying it everytime no matter what. Opinons mate, opinions, accept them.

Latte10010
11-30-2014, 06:43 PM

Pre-order a special edition or buy a game at half-price after several months is so different!

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 01:46 PM
I'm kind of interested in what people think now that 'supposedly' the next game has been leaked.

There seem to be a lot of people happy about the location/time frame.

So, are you going to buy it on release now you know what it is? Always supposing this Victory thing is correct that is ;)

hapkidolaurent
12-04-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm kind of interested in what people think now that 'supposedly' the next game has been leaked.

So, are you going to buy it on release now you know what it is? Always supposing this Victory thing is correct that is ;)

I am really not sure if I will. The setting looks gorgeous (sorry for grammar Im swiss-german). But I am scared that it will have again the same problems. i will wait on a specific review of somone whom opinion I share a lot.

I would really like also if the game has more polished mechanics. And if the framerate is stable (30fps min) then I will buy it console otherwhise I ll play it on PC too have the full experience.

Sejdovic11
12-04-2014, 01:55 PM

Haha, that "leaked" on purpose... To distract people from this Unity mess, but they didn't succeeded with me. And yeah, I'm 10000% sure that I'm not going to pre-order this, or buy it at the release. Can't wait to see another unfinished product that Ubisoft created.

OpticSpecs
12-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Too early to decide.

Mathias_Borealis
12-04-2014, 02:32 PM
I preordered Unity and will not preorder at all Victory, it runs on the same engine as unity so it will work flawlessly but i'm out of the serie after this. I'm tired of giving 70 euros for a copycat of the old title, also i realized that even an AC Unity with all the dlcs and working isn't worth 70 euros at all. Guys you build these games with programs that nowadays make the work of positioning stuff and realizing new areas a game itself since it makes it really easy. You ask way too much for what you do and you know it, the altair and ezio saga were totally worth it because when the storytelling is good it becomes priceless and something you LOVED to spend your money on, but these new games are just hamster cages with nice shaders. I finished the game 100% and i'll not ever play it again since i know that the only strong point in this game was graphic, which ages so much quick these days. AC2 instead is ageless. I bought it twice, once for PS3 and once for PC to run it at max settings, and still today it gives me shivers when i play it. Also unity still doesn't run at 30 FPS on consoles and i fear that no other ac will since they tend to go for quantity of 3d objects over quality of their polygons.

ALSO I'M SO PROUD OF SKIPPING A YEAR OF AC COMPANION APP XD I'M ALREADY HAVING TONS OF FUN THANKS TO THIS IDEA OF LIBERTY,

Let us use our phones to read journals or wikipedia instead of a balls grinder assistant...

Kayewla
12-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Yes, I will definitely buy it on release.
I'm really enjoying Unity so far. And seeing as it's the same engine and will likely have the same mechanics, I believe I will be enjoying Victory as well!

hapkidolaurent
12-04-2014, 02:37 PM
I preordered Unity and will not preorder at all Victory, it runs on the same engine as unity so it will work flawlessly but i'm out of the serie after this. I'm tired of giving 70 euros for a copycat of the old title, also i realized that even an AC Unity with all the dlcs and working isn't worth 70 euros at all. Guys you build these games with programs that nowadays make the work of positioning stuff and realizing new areas a game itself since it makes it really easy. You ask way too much for what you do and you know it, the altair and ezio saga were totally worth it because when the storytelling is good it becomes priceless and something you LOVED to spend your money on, but these new games are just hamster cages with nice shaders. I finished the game 100% and i'll not ever play it again since i know that the only strong point in this game was graphic, which ages so much quick these days. AC2 instead is ageless. I bought it twice, once for PS3 and once for PC to run it at max settings, and still today it gives me shivers when i play it. Also unity still doesn't run at 30 FPS on consoles and i fear that no other ac will since they tend to go for quantity of 3d objects over quality of their polygons.

ALSO I'M SO PROUD OF SKIPPING A YEAR OF AC COMPANION APP XD I'M ALREADY HAVING A TON OF FUN THANKS TO THIS IDEA OF LIBERTY,

Let us use our phones to read journals or wikipedia instead of a balls grinder assistant...

hmm about the price. I dont know if you knew that, but they do not make the price entirely. Actually its the retail that can choose the price more or less. And on console its that expensive because of the console fee. The game itself (fresh of factory) would cost aroun 40euros only. But then there is the grossist then the retail and also onlineshop.

Mathias_Borealis
12-04-2014, 02:40 PM
hmm about the price. I dont know if you knew that, but they do not make the price entirely. Actually its the retail that can choose the price more or less. And on console its that expensive because of the console fee. The game itself (fresh of factory) would cost aroun 40euros only. But then there is the grossist then the retail and also onlineshop.

You're not understanding what i mean. I'm totally cool in paying 70 euros for a game, but it must not be a copycat of the old title, and this is totally up to Ubisoft, ok?
Edit: adding: I even specified that AC2 instead is a wonderful game and still worth "something" years after releases. AC unity price already dropped by half and this talks a lot about the real quality of the game.

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 02:43 PM

You have no idea how much this comment made me grin. You mentioned journals and wikipedia but not phone calls? ;)

Mathias_Borealis
12-04-2014, 02:45 PM
You have no idea how much this comment made me grin. You mentioned journals and wikipedia but not phone calls? ;)

Ahaha i wanted to add that but it was a bit too obvious XD i still wanted to show ubi that there are "side" things to do on the phone that are still more interesting than that evil app!

hapkidolaurent
12-04-2014, 02:50 PM
You're not understanding what i mean. I'm totally cool in paying 70 euros for a game, but it must not be a copycat of the old title, and this is totally up to Ubisoft, ok?
Edit: adding: I even specified that AC2 instead is a wonderful game and still worth "something" years after releases. AC unity price already dropped by half and this talks a lot about the real quality of the game.

Allright sorry bud, interpretated it the wrong way :)

Latte10010
12-04-2014, 02:59 PM
I wrote that I'll pre-order it if it's in Victorian London, now I totally changed my mind.
This leak is too early and looks so desperate, I really don't like it. You should believe your instinct.

I was really excited about Unity in Paris, then I have been disappointed in such a shallow, short main story
and many technical errors. Even before its release, I was really disappointed that Unity was downgraded to 900p
for PS4, ALL AFTER I PRE-ORDERED. Your instinct was telling you, the game wasn't as good as advertised.

I still really like Victorian London so I'll get the game at a local game shop but when? it will depend on the reputation
and technical issues.

*****South Africa, Australia, Norway......some people still haven't got their per-ordered AC Unity yet from Uplay shop.*****

MIA SILENT
12-04-2014, 03:33 PM
I'll do what any sane person would and wait to see if the game is actually finished when it's released.

johnsmith145
12-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Some of us just took that for granted. Joke's on us.

IMRicko
12-05-2014, 05:28 PM
AC Victory is basically patch 4 for AC Unity

shadowvan
12-05-2014, 05:33 PM
I would rather put $60 in MY savings account and collect the interest, as opposed to giving it to Ubisoft for a year while it floats around the stock market...