PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for a joystick?

LoneVolfen
04-03-2004, 03:10 PM
I have owned a Logitech Extreme Digital 3-D for 6 months have noticed the following:
After 1 month: twitchy throttle that caused the throttle to vary by several %points with lots of forward stick

After 2 months (from initial purchase): Continually intensifying problem with some rudder twitches after ANY control input.

These problems have steadily worsened and now the throttle can change by as much as 20-30% in some instances but usually it stays between 5% and 10%. The rudder now registers a full left rudder input after any control input on the stick and does happen at every use.

I have taken apart and reassembled the joystick several times with no permanent solution or relief. Does anybody have any advice or should I relent and purchase a decent stick?
Thank you for your input
LoneVolfen
P.S. i work off of an extremely limited budget (college student) please keep suggestions reasonable.

LoneVolfen
04-03-2004, 03:10 PM
I have owned a Logitech Extreme Digital 3-D for 6 months have noticed the following:
After 1 month: twitchy throttle that caused the throttle to vary by several %points with lots of forward stick

After 2 months (from initial purchase): Continually intensifying problem with some rudder twitches after ANY control input.

These problems have steadily worsened and now the throttle can change by as much as 20-30% in some instances but usually it stays between 5% and 10%. The rudder now registers a full left rudder input after any control input on the stick and does happen at every use.

I have taken apart and reassembled the joystick several times with no permanent solution or relief. Does anybody have any advice or should I relent and purchase a decent stick?
Thank you for your input
LoneVolfen
P.S. i work off of an extremely limited budget (college student) please keep suggestions reasonable.

LoneVolfen
04-03-2004, 03:11 PM
sorry, typo:
the rudder problem does NOT happen at every use

_VR_ScorpionWorm
04-03-2004, 03:16 PM
X45 Saitek, which runs about $80 US or a cougar HOTAS dont know the price. X45 is a nice setup you just have to get used to the rudder on the throttle, or you can buy a set of CH propedals if you have the cash. I hear the Cougar is more durable.

"We went like this, He went like that, I said to Hollywood 'Where'd he go?', Hollywood said, 'Where'd WHO go'-TOPGUN

eddiewertz
04-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Lone:

I'm using a MS Precision 2 (non-FF) and like it very well. Also own the original MS Precision, which is not XP compabible, so when I upgraded my 'puter, I had to get new stick. Think I paid $40 at WalMart. It has throttle lever, twist rudder, and programmable buttons. Absolutely no problems with either stick.

lil_labbit
04-03-2004, 04:06 PM
If you can get it - get a MS FFB 1 or 2... they dont make em anymore.

Or get a Saitek.
Beware - the X45 does not have a "twist stick" rudder - but is a very good buy.

Logitech sticks stink - put em out their misery.

http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day

Death105th
04-03-2004, 04:34 PM
X45 Saitek is the one to get.

best joystick out there right now and i bet any money that it is.

i bet more people in the world have the x45 then any other joystick.