PDA

View Full Version : Time to hang up the Ubisoft towel

Rickuation
11-28-2014, 06:15 AM
Really Ubisoft? People who purchased the season pass for Unity get a game like Far Cry 4 for free but you have removed the season pass feature? Others who purchased your game and experienced the horrible bugs get nothing more than a lousy DLC? I was finishing Black Flag before fully committing to Unity (which I already purchased) and purchasing the season pass. Instead of spending $65 for Far Cry 4 and another chunk of money for the season pass of Unity and most likely Far Cry 4 I'll instead be moving away from Ubisoft and no longer giving them a dime. It's a real shame that me and my friends all purchased it together last week for the co-op alone and now it will be going back to the store. That's a low blow to dedicated Ubisoft fans who purchase most of your games and EVENTUALLY purchase the DLC (usually when progression in the original missions gets deep). Good thing Gamestop offers the 7 day return policy for used games.

Niebaum1981
11-28-2014, 07:28 AM
i hear you and are thinking about doing the same really.

Ubisoft really took a hit from this title in my book. I been really hyped about The Division, but not anymore knowing its ubisoft thats behind it after this unity travesty.
I know its not the same studio behind the games but its the same company

HiddenKiller612
11-28-2014, 07:36 AM
Oh boohoo. The reason they removed the season pass is so people don't take advantage of their offer by buying it and getting a free game. Like you, are complaining about being unable to do.

Xtreme_Stark
11-28-2014, 08:07 AM
Ok so this is starting to bother me deeply. I've been an AC fan since the first installment featuring Altair. Preordered about every AC game since. Love them all (AC3 had a kind of bland story but w/e). Anyway, that's not the point. Everyone is "hating" on Ubisoft and/or AC Unity because it has a lot of bugs. I mean come on, it's a new game and IT'S FREAKING HUGE WITH A HELL OF A LOT FEATURES. They just can't release this big of a game with no bugs. You also can't expect all the bugs to be fixed within the first week or two. People are saying they are done with Ubisoft because a brand new game has lots of bugs? Lmao that's the most pathetic thing I heard to be honest. Seems like y'all are lacking some patience because like I said, they just can't fix all the bugs in the first week or two and it's a brand new game with tons of features. It actually feels like a "Next-Gen game", despite the bugs of course. They recently released a patch fixing like 200+ bugs? I mean really guys, just give it time. They can't fix everything right when it's released, I mean really.

Rafe Harwood
11-28-2014, 08:42 AM
It's a bit of a shame really. You can't blame ubi, it's the industry, and us, who are to blame.

It has become standard in the industry to release a product with so many holes it looks like swiss cheese and then apply fixes after.

It is our fault for allowing this to happen over the last 15yrs or so.

You cannot blame ubi for trying to do something a little bit special and then doing the standard thing of fixing things 'after' the fact. It's commonplace. Every software house are doing it. Some a lot worse than others.

Just give it time. or not. Your choice at the end of the day. Just man up and bloody leave, don't whine about it and go for the sob story.

hapkidolaurent
11-28-2014, 08:58 AM
It's a bit of a shame really. You can't blame ubi, it's the industry, and us, who are to blame.

It has become standard in the industry to release a product with so many holes it looks like swiss cheese and then apply fixes after.

It is our fault for allowing this to happen over the last 15yrs or so.

You cannot blame ubi for trying to do something a little bit special and then doing the standard thing of fixing things 'after' the fact. It's commonplace. Every software house are doing it. Some a lot worse than others.

Just give it time. or not. Your choice at the end of the day. Just man up and bloody leave, don't whine about it and go for the sob story.

Well even if it is the "standart" it is not the right thing to continue with. I mean we pay freaking money for it and the games are not cheap. I never would encourage to continue to realease unfinished games. And yes we can blame Ubisoft. They can do things right. In matter of bugs and glitches a game should be at least 90-95% clean at the relase. I dont want to play as a smart *** but I work as a programmer and If we ever would release a software which is that buggy or incomplete, it would ruin our names and we would loose the trust of our customers. And we didtn "let this happen". We were put in a position where we almost had only one choice. Everyone wants to play the game as early as possible adn thats just natural. So it is also naturla that we have several expectation of that product which should be justified if we pay a severe amount of money.

Rafe Harwood
11-28-2014, 09:28 AM
Well even if it is the "standart" it is not the right thing to continue with. I mean we pay freaking money for it and the games are not cheap. I never would encourage to continue to realease unfinished games

a game should be at least 90-95% clean at the relase
Do you not see the irony here?

So it is also naturla that we have several expectation of that product which should be justified if we pay a severe amount of money.
As far as I am aware, it isn't a severe amount of money. It's the standard rate for any next-gen game. It wasn't priced any higher than any other.

hapkidolaurent
11-28-2014, 09:37 AM
Do you not see the irony here?

As far as I am aware, it isn't a severe amount of money. It's the standard rate for any next-gen game. It wasn't priced any higher than any other.

For people who work a fulltime job, who has a family to feed, rent to pay, gas to pay, water, heat, clothing to pay. It is pricey and in my country is it relativly to the salary we get it is more expensive than maybe somwhere else. I do understand that we have to pay the console-fee and so it is also a little bit more expensive but regardless of the price and of the product. As a consumer you have the right to have a functional and finished product for the money you paid.