PDA

View Full Version : Refunds

Sternzy222
11-28-2014, 03:34 AM
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a refund for this game? I get 11 frames per second with all setting on low and the lowest possible resolution(as well as a combination of all other possible settings).

It simply isn't playable for me. Even the menu screen suffers from a horrendous input lag and that is after trying the hacks in the NVIDIA control panel to get it to work halfway decent until the developers fix the problem.

I bought the game through Amazon, what are the chances of getting a refund? Would I be better off contacting them or ubi? My first ubi purchase and I want out. Not even BF4 was this bad at release.

Thanks in advance

strigoi1958
11-28-2014, 03:45 AM
Normally no once you have used the item :( but 11 FPS on the lowest setting I assume your pc is way below the minimum requirements. They will probably say you should have read the requirements before buying. I did something similar a long time ago and just kept the game for a year until I upgraded.

Sternzy222
11-28-2014, 04:08 AM
Normally no once you have used the item :( but 11 FPS on the lowest setting I assume your pc is way below the minimum requirements. They will probably say you should have read the requirements before buying. I did something similar a long time ago and just kept the game for a year until I upgraded.

Thanks for the response. I don't have the best setup but the fact I'm getting 11fps with all the lowest settings is a very clear indicator that the game wasn't ready for for distribution. Especially for PC.

I don't have the best computer but I can play any other game out there on medium or higher settings and native 1920x1080 resolution. On top of that some of these games are running 100+ players in close vicinity with all the spells, explosions, movement, etc you can imagine would come with that type of multi-play scenario.

There is no excuse for this whatsoever. I get 11 fps with just me walking through an empty hall. Doing this Ive monitored all aspects of my system and nothing is even being pushed beyond 50% usage.

It could not be any more pathetic. I guess I'll contact Amazon and see what they have to say. It can't hurt and I think there is a strong case for refunds here with AC:unity if there ever was one.

similarly
11-28-2014, 04:54 AM
It would really depend on this: does your computer meet the MINIMUM stated requirements of the game? If not, then you're probably stuck with the game until you get a better computer.

mirage357
11-28-2014, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the response. I don't have the best setup but the fact I'm getting 11fps with all the lowest settings is a very clear indicator that the game wasn't ready for for distribution. Especially for PC.

I don't have the best computer but I can play any other game out there on medium or higher settings and native 1920x1080 resolution. On top of that some of these games are running 100+ players in close vicinity with all the spells, explosions, movement, etc you can imagine would come with that type of multi-play scenario..

I really wish people would stop saying things like this, this game runs fine on a well built system, to is it was not ready is trifle, you may be able to play any other game on those setting does not define that you will be able to play THIS ONE on those settings! Sorry to say it but it just sounds like yet another system that just can't cope with the games requirements.

Nogeaux
11-28-2014, 05:37 AM
I don't have the best computer but I can play any other game out there on medium or higher settings and native 1920x1080 resolution. On top of that some of these games are running 100+ players in close vicinity with all the spells, explosions, movement, etc you can imagine would come with that type of multi-play scenario.

There is no excuse for this whatsoever. I get 11 fps with just me walking through an empty hall. Doing this Ive monitored all aspects of my system and nothing is even being pushed beyond 50% usage.

It could not be any more pathetic. I guess I'll contact Amazon and see what they have to say. It can't hurt and I think there is a strong case for refunds here with AC:unity if there ever was one.

First, what are your system specs? "Any other game out there" is not this game. I'm quite sure that Amazon will not refund the game cost nor would I expect Ubi to refund either. My system meets the spec requirements for Unity and plays fine at highest settings. I'm not bashing your system or anyone else's but quite frankly many gamers with the required hardware are enjoying Unity.

Good luck,

nogeaux

kbbw
11-28-2014, 10:32 AM

Yea....not gonna happen......
a friend of mine tried to refund it over steam using that one game refund of steam but euhm...... nope

they just said nope we are not gonna give you your money back.....

Sternzy222
11-28-2014, 01:57 PM
Thanks again for the input everyone. Amazon is actually stepping up and doing the right thing, even though they aren't required to from a legal standpoint. For that they have earned my respect and future digital business.

I can't grantee it, but if you're polite and state your case respectfully.. You may have the same result.

mmac900
11-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Thanks again for the input everyone. Amazon is actually stepping up and doing the right thing, even though they aren't required to from a legal standpoint. For that they have earned my respect and future digital business.

I can't grantee it, but if you're polite and state your case respectfully.. You may have the same result.

They actually gave you a refund?? I smell bs.

Sternzy222
11-28-2014, 02:06 PM
They actually gave you a refund?? I smell bs.
Call it whatever you want, doesn't bother me in the slightest. All I know is I have my hard earned $63 back and I'm going to use it to buy a better quality game from the same people who refunded me.

Thank you Amazon. Respect.

http://imgur.com/K254tfQ

Sejdovic11
11-28-2014, 04:54 PM
It's cool that they refunded you. But could you please write your PC specs? If you don't meet the requirements that's not really Ubisofts fault. And believe me, I have a lot to say against them lately, but you know... Minimum requirements are well known for this game, and if you don't meet them... Why would you complain?