PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to undo patch 1.3 and revert to 1.2?

F1VESTARS
11-28-2014, 12:15 AM
I would like to know how to revert back to patch 1.2 from 1.3. (without it updating again to 1.3 afterwards)

Because I had no gamebreaking issues while running game with patch 1.2. (I have 6GB vram+G-Sync Monitor)

Now with patch 1.3 on, game looks worse. More jaggies, more visible pop-in, and lower resolution graphics range is closer, which looks ugly. Also no gain in frame rate. So No benefits for me with this patch.

It's the same Ubisoft did with Watch Dogs, they reduced the graphics with later patches making the game look worse.

YazX_
11-28-2014, 01:23 AM
This is pretty strange, no graphics downgrade was made, i have the game exactly looks the same after the patch. however, this patch is targeted for fixing bugs and glitches within the game, performance and FPS issues is being addressed in next patches, so its normal to not see any performance fixes for this patch.

Answering your question, unless if you have original files from v1.2, then you cannot revert, if you do have them then you have to play the game while UPlay is offline, otherwise the game will force you to patch it.

you can try deleting Documents\Assassins Creed Unity\ACU.ini and GFXSettings.ACU.xml files (take backup first), the game will create new ones when you start it, note that these files contain graphics settings and key mappings, so you have to redo them again.

F1VESTARS
11-28-2014, 09:59 AM
This is pretty strange, no graphics downgrade was made, i have the game exactly looks the same after the patch. however, this patch is targeted for fixing bugs and glitches within the game, performance and FPS issues is being addressed in next patches, so its normal to not see any performance fixes for this patch.

Answering your question, unless if you have original files from v1.2, then you cannot revert, if you do have them then you have to play the game while UPlay is offline, otherwise the game will force you to patch it.

you can try deleting Documents\Assassins Creed Unity\ACU.ini and GFXSettings.ACU.xml files (take backup first), the game will create new ones when you start it, note that these files contain graphics settings and key mappings, so you have to redo them again.

Thank you kindly for responding. Sadly I do not have the files from 1.2 after it autoupdated to 1.3.

YazX_
11-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Thank you kindly for responding. Sadly I do not have the files from 1.2 after it autoupdated to 1.3.

then please try to delete the ini and the GFX files as i mentioned in my previous post then redo graphics settings and see if this fixes your issue

F1VESTARS
11-28-2014, 02:43 PM
then please try to delete the ini and the GFX files as i mentioned in my previous post then redo graphics settings and see if this fixes your issue

I did that. No change.

But in the meantime I found on on the internet: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/assassins-creed-unitys-lighting-bug-is-caused-by-different-tod-settings-affects-all-platforms/
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Assassins-Creed-Unity-PC-258436/News/Grafik-Downgrade-Patch-Bug-1144131/

In which is said there actually is a graphic downgrade bug going on with patch 1.3, which contradicts with what you are writing:

This is pretty strange, no graphics downgrade was made

Blackred689
11-28-2014, 03:06 PM
I did that. No change.

But in the meantime I found on on the internet: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/assassins-creed-unitys-lighting-bug-is-caused-by-different-tod-settings-affects-all-platforms/
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Assassins-Creed-Unity-PC-258436/News/Grafik-Downgrade-Patch-Bug-1144131/

In which is said there actually is a graphic downgrade bug going on with patch 1.3, which contradicts with what you are writing:

That so called downgrade has been debunked

What happens is if you go to this underground area at different times of day you get very different lighting. It shouldn't of course because its underground but this is the case and the whole downgrade thing is a big joke now that has run and run due to someone's wrong comparison

F1VESTARS
11-28-2014, 05:38 PM
That so called downgrade has been debunked

What happens is if you go to this underground area at different times of day you get very different lighting. It shouldn't of course because its underground but this is the case and the whole downgrade thing is a big joke now that has run and run due to someone's wrong comparison

I my case not. Graphics look less good with patch 1.3 than with 1.2, hence I would like to roll back.

Also I do not understand why Ubisoft does not make sure the new patch does not cause other/additional/new people to get a negative excperience with this game, people like me that not had a negative experience pre patch 1.3.