PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed® Unity is now worse after 3.0 ?

ChinaMichael
11-27-2014, 10:16 PM
Assassin’s Creed® Unity is now worse after 3.0 ?
now enemies see you through walls? and u dont get warrant they attack?
UBISoft U broke a game more than when it was released WTF??????????????:confused::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ACfan443
11-27-2014, 10:50 PM
Glad I'm not the only one with AI issue, I thought I was going insane when I repeatedly alerted a plethora of guards with a single high profile kill, looks like AC3's telepathic AI snuck its way into the game via patch 3.

bitebug2003
11-27-2014, 11:19 PM
It might explain why I was detected for no reason, although I thought the AI was problematic prior to Patch 3
(They almost seem superhuman)

Their line of site is abnormally far
Their have accurate aim from 100's of feet away at a moving target - (Arno)
They have a hive-mind - if you get detected - all the enemies of the district home in on you like bees after honey

lukazdragon
11-27-2014, 11:25 PM
It might explain why I was detected for no reason, although I thought the AI was problematic prior to Patch 3

They have a hive-mind - if you get detected - all the enemies of the district home in on you like bees after honey

Argh, that's what I hated the most about the detection system on 3 .-.

VoXngola
11-27-2014, 11:50 PM
I have an entirely different problem. Wasn't this patch supposed to fix crashes?

Because I'm still getting them. I can't go 30 minutes without crashing. Playing on PC, btw.

pacmanate
11-28-2014, 12:08 AM
Guess im playing Far Cry 4 until this game is fixed -_-.

How can they break it even more :|

Shahkulu101
11-28-2014, 12:21 AM
After downloading the patch:

- An enemy spotted me through a wall.

- During a murder mystery mission my character froze up and could only walk. I couldn't run, jump or fight until I walked into a bunch of guards and got myself desynchronized.

- During the same murder mystery I accused a suspect but nothing happened. The accuse option disappeared but I wasn't told whether he was the right man or falsely accused. I had to accuse other people being 99% sure the first guy was the murderer. After two false accusations, I restarted the mission and lo and behold the guy I accused first WAS the murderer - the game was just broke.

- When trying to read the case notes, the update telling me to look at my case notes kept popping up! And after it went away, it re-appeared a second letter - couldn't read anything!

ACfan443
11-28-2014, 01:32 AM
Just encountered another problem, I started a Paris story mission but the markers/mission objectives failed to appear on the screen after the briefing dialogue. I went into the progress tracker to see if setting it to 'untrack' and back to 'track' again would solve the issue, but nope, the mission disappeared from the map. Several restarts of the game eventually solved the problem though.

I personally had a less buggy and frustrating experience when patch 3 wasn't installed.

Jdeadevil
11-28-2014, 01:38 AM
Never buying anything from Ubisoft again. Apparently Rogue is just as bad.

Sejdovic11
11-28-2014, 01:42 AM
I mean did you expect anything to be fixed? To be honest, I didn't because this game has gone wrong at the very beginnig of the development. Problems are probably deep into the game engine itself, so this game is going to be fixed... Never! They already lost big % of their customers, believe me, people won't trust them anymore, because they released unfinished mess (don't tell my that this game is OK). If you are clever enough, try and get a refund for it, it's just not worth waiting for fix, because fix will never be released. They should just give up, get people's money back to them and that's it with Unity.

bitebug2003
11-28-2014, 02:05 AM
Never buying anything from Ubisoft again. Apparently Rogue is just as bad.

Not by a mile

D.I.D.
11-28-2014, 04:19 AM

The aim distance of the dedicated marksmen is exactly the same as Arno's maximum range with any high-level gun. That's fair.

They should have accurate aim. That's their job. It's really easy to weave through a crowd and make sure innocent people take the bullets instead of you, if your assailant is on your horizontal plane. If they missed any more often than they do, there'd be a lot less fun and reward in being good at running away. If the gunman is above you, yeah they should be able to hit you in that crowd. Aiming and hitting you is the same if you're in an empty square or a crowded one, as long as the sniper knows who he's shooting at.

They have less of a hive mind than ever, but again, for the game to feel good and dangerous they need to be difficult. It's not really possible to write an AI audio response that shouts, "Down there, by the barrel, with the hood!", but that's what would happen in real life. As it is, they shout general things, and then they others are able to take aim at you too. This is good in game terms and in realism - it's just that the words they shout can't reflect what would really be going on in that moment.

I haven't experienced this "through a wall" thing ever, but I have been pleased to see that sound matters now. Old AI was virtually blind and functionally deaf. The new AI "sees" and "hears" you, and the equipment has stealth and sound modifier bonuses to reflect this. They're still pretty stupid because that's where games are right now, but they're Einstein compared to old AC guards.

Freyr1983
11-28-2014, 04:31 AM
The aim distance of the dedicated marksmen is exactly the same as Arno's maximum range with any high-level gun. That's fair.

They should have accurate aim. That's their job. It's really easy to weave through a crowd and make sure innocent people take the bullets instead of you, if your assailant is on your horizontal plane. If they missed any more often than they do, there'd be a lot less fun and reward in being good at running away. If the gunman is above you, yeah they should be able to hit you in that crowd. Aiming and hitting you is the same if you're in an empty square or a crowded one, as long as the sniper knows who he's shooting at.

They have less of a hive mind than ever, but again, for the game to feel good and dangerous they need to be difficult. It's not really possible to write an AI audio response that shouts, "Down there, by the barrel, with the hood!", but that's what would happen in real life. As it is, they shout general things, and then they others are able to take aim at you too. This is good in game terms and in realism - it's just that the words they shout can't reflect what would really be going on in that moment.

I haven't experienced this "through a wall" thing ever, but I have been pleased to see that sound matters now. Old AI was virtually blind and functionally deaf. The new AI "sees" and "hears" you, and the equipment has stealth and sound modifier bonuses to reflect this. They're still pretty stupid because that's where games are right now, but they're Einstein compared to old AC guards.

Ya now is so much challenging and more stealth focus :D

Viking Dale
11-28-2014, 06:27 AM
Ya now is so much challenging and more stealth focus :D

Yes. I thought they could see walls from when I first started playing it until I realised they can actually hear you. I think that is good and makes it more challenging.

WalkingBeardUK
11-28-2014, 09:13 AM
I also feel the game got worse after the patch.

The HUD pop up messages are fixed, so that is good, and the PS4 doesn't seem to heat up as much when on menus (although the fan sometimes still spins like crazy), but some other issues remain:

- Arno gets stuck, A LOT, when free running, which is really frustrating when running away from enemies
- Sometimes Arno will jump big distances and you really just want to drop to the closest ledge
- Sometimes Arno won't climb bigger steps
- In some missions Arno seems to have a sudden death as if he had been shot, but I don't hear any shots or see the aim icon on any enemy, and this seems to happen even when I'm behind walls
- Frame rate issues persist
- Companion app issues persist
- At Cafe Theatre the shiny floor flickers the reflection

pacmanate
11-28-2014, 09:19 AM
Just encountered another problem, I started a Paris story mission but the markers/mission objectives failed to appear on the screen after the briefing dialogue. I went into the progress tracker to see if setting it to 'untrack' and back to 'track' again would solve the issue, but nope, the mission disappeared from the map. Several restarts of the game eventually solved the problem though.

I personally had a less buggy and frustrating experience when patch 3 wasn't installed.

Nothing to do with this patch but my Main Mission icons didnt even appear in the mini map..

ReVoLVingVecToR
11-28-2014, 04:31 PM
After patch 3, I notice a graphical downgrade and actually worse frame rate (I know...Patch 4). Since this new development I am removing the game and moving on. Call it another bug whatever.

But, I think Sony should not be off the hook here. The PS4 aka(PS3.5) apparently is not the next gen system we bought into the hype about. We were duped. There I said it!

Ubisoft is working to optimize a game on hardware that is apparently very limited already. Me thinks a 4 years max hardware cycle this time around. Wow, we already need a "Next Gen system"

Jdeadevil
11-28-2014, 06:37 PM
Not by a mile

Oh? I read someone else on here saying it was just as buggy, although reviews don't seem to mention it. Either way I don't know if I trust Ubisoft enough to buy another game from them, or any games in general.

Terrence_Lee
11-28-2014, 06:46 PM
I encountered that before, what I did is quit game, back to dash board and re enter the game, the icon will appear again. Hope this help.

Terrence_Lee
11-28-2014, 06:51 PM
It is true that they made the enemies Ai too crazy

1. Too easy to detect u, like from a mile away, no matter if he is on ground and u are on roof tops, doesn't matter.

2. Too good aim and gun shots deal too much damage. And also they like shoot at the same time, I experienced in combat, got shot 3 times almost at the same time and die instantly. Run away, they can still shot u from half the street behind u ( I mean they can chase and shoot u at the same time). I am sure u usually lose half life just try to run away.

3. Camera angle just prevent u to see enemies around u

wickywoowoo
11-28-2014, 07:26 PM
After patch 3, I notice a graphical downgrade and actually worse frame rate (I know...Patch 4). Since this new development I am removing the game and moving on. Call it another bug whatever.

But, I think Sony should not be off the hook here. The PS4 aka(PS3.5) apparently is not the next gen system we bought into the hype about. We were duped. There I said it!

Ubisoft is working to optimize a game on hardware that is apparently very limited already. Me thinks a 4 years max hardware cycle this time around. Wow, we already need a "Next Gen system"

How is this Sony's fault? The console version had to be slowed down because the Xbox could barely keep up with the Wii U nevermind PS4. This is nothing to do with Sonyl

bitebug2003
11-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Oh? I read someone else on here saying it was just as buggy, although reviews don't seem to mention it. Either way I don't know if I trust Ubisoft enough to buy another game from them, or any games in general.

No way is it 'just as buggy' as AC Unity. There are glitches here and there.
The reason it's not mentioned in reviews is because the bugs are very minor (in comparison to AC Unity).

The Siege of Fort de Sable for example is glitched out in my game (but that's DLC) and it's a common issue that many have reported as being glitched on theirs too.

GoldenBoy9999
11-28-2014, 07:51 PM
The stealth in my game is a little strange as well. It's the least polished out of the 3 main aspects of the game imo. They're going in the right direction with the crouch and cover buttons but they can be wonky. Oftentimes the game fails to snap to a wall or table which leads to detection. The enemies can spot you very quick and the detection meter is likely to jump up to fully detected when you've almost made it to a wall.

Some may say this is more realistic but it can become frustrating. Many people play games for escapism so as to escape the bounds of reality.

Rogue is fine.

joelsantos24
11-28-2014, 09:50 PM
Glad I'm not the only one with AI issue, I thought I was going insane when I repeatedly alerted a plethora of guards with a single high profile kill, looks like AC3's telepathic AI snuck its way into the game via patch 3.
I thought they were pretty telepathic prior to the update, though. Anyway, yes, overall Unity is worse after the update. I didn't have many issues before the update, except Arno getting stuck a couple of times in structures that should've been solid to begin with, but whatever. Now, it happens all the time, and after I get desynchronized, that's a given. I was effectively loving Unity until now, but my enjoyment is really gone. 😩

Jackdaw951
11-29-2014, 12:34 AM
How is this Sony's fault? The console version had to be slowed down because the Xbox could barely keep up with the Wii U nevermind PS4. This is nothing to do with Sonyl

That's a double crock. I wish people would stop spreading this disinformation. AC Unity is CPU-bound, and the PS4 has no CPU advantage whatsoever. If anything, it has a ~10% handicap (1.6 GHZ PS4 vs 1.75 GHz XB1). This is a Ubisoft game, not a Microsoft game. No one hamstrung anything on purpose.

joelsantos24
11-29-2014, 04:55 PM
That's a double crock. I wish people would stop spreading this disinformation. AC Unity is CPU-bound, and the PS4 has no CPU advantage whatsoever. If anything, it has a ~10% handicap (1.6 GHZ PS4 vs 1.75 GHz XB1). This is a Ubisoft game, not a Microsoft game. No one hamstrung anything on purpose.
That's irrelevant. Graphically, the PS4 is light years away of the X1. The PS4 boasts a 1.84 teraflop GPU against the X1's 1.31 teraflops. Ultimately, the PS4 specifications enable much faster graphics rendering than the X1, especially in combination with its much superior system memory.

Mr_Shade
11-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Yes. I thought they could see walls from when I first started playing it until I realised they can actually hear you. I think that is good and makes it more challenging.

If you run or make sounds - then they will try to find you..

Lets not start console wars please...

Inferi619
12-09-2014, 04:23 AM
If you run or make sounds - then they will try to find you..

Lets not start console wars please...

Did the camera angles get all weird after this patch? Or is there a way to change the angles so that when Arno is running the screen doesn't shake? Seems like they zoomed in on Arno and my field of view has shortened...

STDlyMcStudpants
12-09-2014, 05:35 AM
I didnt play before the patch.. i just started yesterday and thought the unforgiving AI was on purpose...
They are almost annoyingly harsh with detection and attack me in unrestricted zones...
Also sorry but these stats on weapons and clothing junk doesnt belong in an AC game..
Its BS that I go into a 5* district and take 20+ hits to kill an enemy but i can die in 2 to 3...
It makes sense in RPGs because you are fighting creatures..
But these guys are humans just like us in cloth.... It's so immersion breaking to have to look at stars above their heads rather than see what they are wearing and crap yourself and run like in ACR