PDA

View Full Version : How commited are you Ubisoft, let's find out

Mr.Blackkatt
11-27-2014, 04:19 PM
@Ubisoft, I do really appreciate that you guys sent out that announcement. I'm used to the silent treatment from most bigger companies, kudos!

You ask for feedback to continue so here goes.

:rolleyes:Collision
The first video show some very annoying bugs that ruins the game (for me) its "mesh collisions" I'm talking about if I might call it that. Basically what I mean is that the "actors" merge with one another or they merge with something else. Like the ground, a wall a chair, table and what not. Even some pre-rendered (cut scenes) content have these issues It should be obvious when you watch the video.

:mad:Low Quality Animations
The second video highlight that animations in general is flawed, extremely poorly done to be honest.

:nonchalance:Specifics:

Actors:

Actors merge with mesh (& props) such as other actors, ground, chairs, tables, walls e.t.c
Actors stutter when they walk/run
Actors can appear from nowhere
Actors levitate over ground.
Actors are suppose to look trough a window but are standing right in front of the "window frame"

Prop:

Prop gets stuck in mid air like the "news paper" (not shown in this video)

Repetition:

The same scenes repeating them selfs again and again, such as like "stop that thief" or "kill the criminals" (I know this is suppose to happen) but in the scheme of things. Making the environment feel real. This really does not help. Having to listen to the same lines, see/perform the same actions over and over and over again make the game so unrealistic and stupid!

Things you should know:
Overall graphics quality will appearance lower than the original. As the PS4™ SHARE (http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/share/about_share.html) (record feature) captures at a "low" resolution. Video quality is again lowered by uploading the video unto YouTube. Videos been recorded after the latest, (patch 3).

Fail

http://youtu.be/Y32yFrD-UT8

Animation disaster

http://youtu.be/8rXpiW147n4

They are walking right trough me, am I dead perhaps? :)

did you see the ghost hands?

Notice the levitating man leaning on the wall?

Hmm, is he just practicing? where is the music

http://youtu.be/Y2R-P6DTHgs

Please correct me if am wrong, considering the following. . .

Unity has crowds numbering in the thousands, with new animations and behaviors, such as holding hands or chatting to each other, enhancing their believability.
When Arno sees crowds from a distance, the civilians' animation rigs are simplified, but as he gets closer, their "bones" increase and their behavior becomes more complex.

My guess is that during the 4 years it took make this game. The goal all along has been to make the game as realistic as possible. Really make the player feel they are actually in Paris. If this is not true it should have been for a game like this. But lets say that its true here is what I don't get

You guys, you've seen the videos you are aware of the issues. BTW, these issues had to be there before re-release but never mind that. Instead, in the real world, lets say you walk around in Toronto. Someone get robbed "stop that thief" you hear... How likely is it you will hear that same line again during the same day? exactly...so when you have these scenes repeat again, then again, over and over. All that hard work try make the game feel real amounts to nothing. Takes very little to push the player out of the game...meaning we get reminded its only a game...its is officiously, but you get what I mean?

MakimotoJin
11-27-2014, 04:30 PM
What 'bout Rogue?It has some problems as well(cough cough Legacy Outfits,DLCscough),and a bit of bugs that can annoy me a bit.

RzaRecta357
11-27-2014, 04:38 PM
Videos don't work and you nitpick to much about a video game you spent a few hours of work on to earn. The city and parkour are pretty damn amazing. The fight is fun. It's a character story and it works well.

Minor graphical glitches that aren't always there? Whine more please. Red Dead Redemption repeated it's side quests and it's considered one of the best games of the last generation. But nah, let's jump on this Ubi hate train since day 900p guys.

It's not like they didn't literally just fix 300 problems in one patch or anything.

Mr.Blackkatt
11-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Videos are fixed. You are funny, you should read some on the forum. See what other think about minor glitches LOL...and I ain't "wining" we want our moneys worth that's all.

It's not like they didn't literally just fix 300 problems in one patch or anything.

It's not like the videos wasn't recorded after applying the latest patch (3) or anything

Mr_Shade
11-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Hi,

First I would ask that you and anyone else with issues, are sure you have the latest version of the game installed - since many issues have been addressed in the latest one:

Gameplay (Navigation, Fight and Stealth)

Fixed various navigation issues where players could get stuck
Fixed various cover issues
Fixed various animation issues
Fixed various Booster issues
AI & Crowd

Fixed various crowd station issues (bonfires)

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-186297-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

The team are still looking into issues that remain, so please do bear with them while this happens - with a game as large and complex as Unity, it's sometimes can take some time to fix the small clipping issues, the best they can, however many have agreed that the updates are helping, so please bear with them while they continue to look into resolving these issues.

Mr.Blackkatt
11-27-2014, 08:29 PM
Hi,

First I would ask that you and anyone else with issues, are sure you have the latest version of the game installed - since many issues have been addressed in the latest one:

Gameplay (Navigation, Fight and Stealth)

Fixed various navigation issues where players could get stuck
Fixed various cover issues
Fixed various Booster issues
AI & Crowd

Fixed various crowd station issues (bonfires)

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-186297-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

The team are still looking into issues that remain, so please do bear with them while this happens - with a game as large and complex as Unity, it's sometimes can take some time to fix the small clipping issues, the best they can, however many have agreed that the updates are helping, so please bear with them while they continue to look into resolving these issues.

I'm not novice. But I forgot to put back the text where I wrote videos have been recorded after the latest patch (3) sry about that.

If
small clipping issues is another word for "mesh collisions" you are heavily mistaking. Even some pre-rendered (cut scenes) content have these issues, this tells me that the engine itself might have big issues? can't help to think that there is a "box" to check. that says, threat prop/mesh as ??? I find it hard to believe that all clipping issues? are "new bugs" I think they are rather an outcome of something "bigger"