PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Turn Performance in all A/C

patch_adams
06-21-2004, 12:53 PM
I have heard if you load single player goto hardware setup>input and adjust your pitch sensitivity to all 100 values you get max turn rate. Is this a myth or reality? thanks.

patch_adams
06-21-2004, 12:53 PM
I have heard if you load single player goto hardware setup>input and adjust your pitch sensitivity to all 100 values you get max turn rate. Is this a myth or reality? thanks.

Fennec_P
06-21-2004, 01:00 PM
Why don't you try it.

MEGILE
06-21-2004, 01:01 PM
Why don't you try turning at optimum speed/alt/flap setting in order to get the max turn from a plane?

http://www.2and2.net/Uploads/Images/p51dark.bmp

Countdown to 1337 post count = P minus 153

aerick2
06-21-2004, 01:13 PM
..And why don't the two of you try answering the damn question?!

(I would, but I don't know the answer :P )

JG14_Josf
06-21-2004, 01:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>if you load single player goto hardware setup&gt;input and adjust your pitch sensitivity to all 100 values you get max turn rate. Is this a myth or reality? thanks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I know the pitch sensitivity adjustment will change the amount your joystick 'tells' the game to deflect the elevator.

Try turning all the joystick sensitivity settings down to 1 percent and see what happens.

Turn rate cannot be maximized if the joystick doesn't tell the game to move the elevator.

I hope that helps.

BennyMoore
06-21-2004, 01:26 PM
No, it's not true, because even with my default settings, I can spin my aircraft by pulling the stick back. Perhaps you can get a slightly better angle of attack with maximum sensitivity, but what's the point of that when you're already able to get too great of a maximum angle of attack?

The only thing that could possibly help you if you did that is that you might be able to turn better at high gees, like when you're blacking out and should therefore not be turning so hard anyway.

RS_Shiesty
06-21-2004, 06:40 PM
Those settings affect the difference between where the stick is, and what the game reads as the imput. The last setting is usually 100/100 meaning that with the stick fully back, the maximum (100%) of the elevator is used (or rudder or whatever). The only time there would be an advantage would be if somebody were running lesser values for their maximum imput. Most people have the settings ramp up instead of being linear, and almost always have a max of 100/100 as the final setting.

http://www.il2airracing.com/images/IL2AirRacing.gif (http://www.il2airracing.com)

WTE_Galway
06-21-2004, 06:48 PM
the only time INCREASING pitch sensitivity to 100 across the board would help is if you were using something like a flight yoke with a very long throw and wanted to get full elevator without pulling the yoke all teh way back into your stomache

its actually much more common to REDUCE pitch sensitivity in the centre portion of the joystick so that the aircraft is much less "jittery" when trying to shoot