PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Ambiguous Equipment modifier description

physicsme
11-27-2014, 06:19 AM
The Master Sas Culottes Coat has the modifier
"Restricted Area Detection Time -100%".

What does it mean? This is not intuitive at all... It can't mean I'll never be detected in a restricted area.
Because I still got detected wearing this.

Other modifier descriptions are similarly ambiguous..
For example:

Time to blend 75% --This is pretty straight forward, right? It means you only need to spend 75% of the time you used to spend to blend, so it's a positive effect.
but how about "Disguise Duration 70%"?
Does it mean my disguise only last 70% as long? Why would I want that?

And what does "High profile noise 5%" mean?
Does it mean your high profile noise is now only as low as 5% it used to be? Can't be, because that's overpowered.
Does it mean your high profile noise is increased by 5%? Can't be, because there are these forearms that only have noise modifiers, so why would I want a piece that does nothing besides adding noise?

This game offers the most confusing modifier descriptions I've ever seen. If it's not intuitive, you need to explain it.

Anykeyer
11-27-2014, 08:59 AM
All of them are modifiers (not final numbers), and always work in player's favor.
High profile noise 5% means you do 5% less noise. Disguse duration 70% means it lasts longer. Restricted area det time 100% means you dont have any penalty for being in restricted areas. All guards have detection meter above their heads. Normally it feels much faster in restricted areas. Guards will stil be agressive even at 100% modifier but they wont attack you as quickly.

physicsme
11-28-2014, 05:08 AM
All of them are modifiers (not final numbers), and always work in player's favor.
High profile noise 5% means you do 5% less noise. Disguse duration 70% means it lasts longer. Restricted area det time 100% means you dont have any penalty for being in restricted areas. All guards have detection meter above their heads. Normally it feels much faster in restricted areas. Guards will stil be agressive even at 100% modifier but they wont attack you as quickly.

I can see your point. Your explanation does make everything clear. But Ubisoft still needs to make the format of these specs more consistent. So that people can see what it means without asking around on the forum...
Like:
[STAT] [+/-] [MODIFIER]
In which STAT is well defined, without ambiguity.
so that STAT_After = STAT_Before * ( 1 MODIFIER)

e.g.
High profile noise - 5%
Disguise duration + 70%
Restricted area extra detection speed -100% (Hell, I've no idea how to phrase this one concisely and precisely. Anyway, it's your job, Ubisoft. Earn your paycheck)

Marcus101RR
11-30-2014, 05:42 AM
I can see your point. Your explanation does make everything clear. But Ubisoft still needs to make the format of these specs more consistent. So that people can see what it means without asking around on the forum...
Like:
[STAT] [+/-] [MODIFIER]
In which STAT is well defined, without ambiguity.
so that STAT_After = STAT_Before * ( 1 MODIFIER)

e.g.
High profile noise - 5%
Disguise duration + 70%
Restricted area extra detection speed -100% (Hell, I've no idea how to phrase this one concisely and precisely. Anyway, it's your job, Ubisoft. Earn your paycheck)

It means detection takes twice as long to fill up before they are fully red boxes and you are determined as a threat.