PDA

View Full Version : Boring Late Game

NullCase
11-27-2014, 06:06 AM
Let me say one thing first: AC unity is beautiful. I had loads of fun playing it during the first 3 days.

However, there seems to be basically nothing to do in the late stages of this game. Arbitrarily maxing out various parts of the story, finding chests in obscure but irrelevant locations, and waiting to re-do coop or heist missions for the 60th time does not create a long term community. Within weeks all cooperative missions will be single player because few people will care to keep doing them.

If your plan was not to enrich this experience with deep gameplay beyond the story, then PvP is a great answer. Competition among players leads to endless hours of fun.

But then, where is the PvP? No where.

nonamename1
11-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Let me say one thing first: AC unity is beautiful. I had loads of fun playing it during the first 3 days.

However, there seems to be basically nothing to do in the late stages of this game. Arbitrarily maxing out various parts of the story, finding chests in obscure but irrelevant locations, and waiting to re-do coop or heist missions for the 60th time does not create a long term community. Within weeks all cooperative missions will be single player because few people will care to keep doing them.

If your plan was not to enrich this experience with deep gameplay beyond the story, then PvP is a great answer. Competition among players leads to endless hours of fun.

I tried the PVP in Black Flag and hated it.

I will say the co-op in this game is fun, I wish you could communicate via typing with your teammates in it though. You need to play them multiple times to get all the collectables and achievements, etc.

strigoi1958
11-27-2014, 11:51 AM

I think so much has gone into the making of Unity that it has suffered a little. But possibly it's a bit like AC1 and Watch Dogs..... now they have Unity as a basis they will develop better story and characters and ideas in the next games.

And personally I hope they either completely strip out any initiate or companion content or enable it to be turned off, plus make the game 100% achievable in solo with all other, co-op, multiplayer, PvP etc... an extra :D

topeira1980
11-27-2014, 12:19 PM
the world being devoid of things to do later is the problem with almost every SP game. it's not unity's fault.

very rare games (just cause 2, GTAV, Skyrim, Farcry 4, saints row 3 come to mind) give you action beyond the main intention of the game.

i think all open world games need some systemically created missions where missions and fun stuff to do are created randomly by some engine. and if these things are challenging and can be played co-cooperatively than it's even better.
for example - if there was a type of mission that spawns a high profile templar target in paris with guards all around him and you need to eliminated the target and escape the area, and such a mission becomes a little harder every time you try it and a little easier every time you fail than you can do this to entertain you, and use a co-op buddy as well.
same with a mission to, say, eliminate every templar (extremist) in a certain radius.

just an idea.

i hope AC will keep building upon unity and make it a little more like far cry 4 which creates a really great world for messing around in.