PDA

View Full Version : HOW IS IT HIM?!?! - Murder Mystreies - Cut the Middle Man (SPOILER)

nswidan
11-27-2014, 05:51 AM
SPOILER!!

So because it's a 5 star mission, it's gonna be some random dude that doesn't say a ******* thing about the murder? LOL.

Seriously, based on what evidence is he the murderer?! Because there is dust in his shoes? What about the footprints that were in the House? They were blood footprints.

What about the crazy guy that found the body? Who also had a ****ing women's hand? XD

I never thought for a second that it was the butcher's assistant. This murder made no sense.

ChipFoamy
11-27-2014, 06:19 AM
She had just come from the butcher's, the guy who just got out of the sanitarium may be unstable but he admitted to finding the body so ofcourse a part might fall into his boat. He didn't have skill with a blade though, he had a thing for being a fisherman. if he killed somebody it'd be with hooks.

nswidan
11-27-2014, 06:24 AM
She had just come from the butcher's, the guy who just got out of the sanitarium may be unstable but he admitted to finding the body so ofcourse a part might fall into his boat. He didn't have skill with a blade though, he had a thing for being a fisherman. if he killed somebody it'd be with hooks.

The butcher said a guy came looking for a corpse, or something like that.

What about the surgeon? There were surgical cuts in the body.

ChipFoamy
11-28-2014, 05:31 AM
He wasn't a very good surgeon according to his assistant. So one would assume he's sloppy.

Xstantin
11-28-2014, 05:37 AM
He got a surgeon's book, then decided he wants to be a surgeon. Also, there's dust and the missing cleaver.

D.I.D.
11-28-2014, 06:00 AM
I seem to remember that one being pretty clear.

The missing butcher's cleaver was pivotal, and made it about someone connected to the shop rather than just someone with an interest in chopping up bodies or the skill to do it. It's always about balance. You might have three or more candidates who have equal motive, but there might be just a single detail that tips probability slightly more towards one candidate than another, and that's your man/woman. This is one of them where there was a logical element to follow through the locations, the methods, and the will. It begins with a fish-hook related murder of a person related to the shoreline, carries that theme through the evidence in the asylum, through to the unique item at the corpse-chopping site, back to the butcher's shop itself. One of the best cases of the lot, I think.

He wasn't a very good surgeon according to his assistant. So one would assume he's sloppy.

And the shop assistant was said to have "a real talent" ;)

melbye82
11-28-2014, 06:41 AM
Never thought it was anyone else. The sand was a giveaway

kyleisking23
01-08-2015, 04:43 PM
SPOILER!!

So because it's a 5 star mission, it's gonna be some random dude that doesn't say a ******* thing about the murder? LOL.

Seriously, based on what evidence is he the murderer?! Because there is dust in his shoes? What about the footprints that were in the House? They were blood footprints.

What about the crazy guy that found the body? Who also had a ****ing women's hand? XD

I never thought for a second that it was the butcher's assistant. This murder made no sense.

So there were a few reasons:

1. The warden said one patient was released and another had escaped. The one released, he said, wanted to be a fisherman. At the shack, a straight jacket was found. That meant it was the escaped patient that was the killer.

2. The butcher's assistant had just shown up looking for a job a few weeks ago and was a bit weird. The escaped patient escaped a few weeks ago.

3. The bodies at the shack had been there a few weeks.

4. The butcher was missing a knife, which was found at the shack. The assistant had easy access to the knife.

Number 1 is the most important. The straight jacket meant it wasn't the released the patient, but the escaped one. Add that to the other three points, plus the sand on the shoes and the butcher's testimony at how good he was with a knife, and you've got your murderer.

bitebug2003
01-08-2015, 05:12 PM
Thank you for using the spoiler tag

Just a reminder that there is a Hints and Tips forum for gameplay discussion

Please use it in future.

SlayerGoliath
01-15-2015, 03:39 AM
So there were a few reasons:

1. The warden said one patient was released and another had escaped. The one released, he said, wanted to be a fisherman. At the shack, a straight jacket was found. That meant it was the escaped patient that was the killer.

2. The butcher's assistant had just shown up looking for a job a few weeks ago and was a bit weird. The escaped patient escaped a few weeks ago.

3. The bodies at the shack had been there a few weeks.

4. The butcher was missing a knife, which was found at the shack. The assistant had easy access to the knife.

Number 1 is the most important. The straight jacket meant it wasn't the released the patient, but the escaped one. Add that to the other three points, plus the sand on the shoes and the butcher's testimony at how good he was with a knife, and you've got your murderer.

This is all true, but none of it explains the presence of the severed limb in the boat by the fisherman. I inferred that the murder was done by the butcher's assistant, but the mutilation of the body with hooks was done by the fisherman/released patient before he brought the body to the asylum.

The only thing is, who killed the woman? I thought maybe the fisherman's bloodlust was awakened by seeing the first victim's corpse, and so he killed the woman. That's why her limb was next to him and that's why her room was so bloody (remember the first corpse was said not to be very bloody at all). I thought maybe there'd be a murder mystery after the completion of this one where the fisherman was a murderer, but apparently not.

Also, the limb of the woman floating downstream to the fisherman doesn't explain it, because she'd only just been killed. There's no way she was killed, chopped up, stored away, and then one of her limbs floated downstream and the fisherman found it and hid it so quickly.