PDA

View Full Version : Why is ubisoft punishing gamers who don't like to play online

king_Reitnorf
11-27-2014, 05:36 AM
Seriously, why do I need to join a social club and play online in order to unlock the legendary gear? This isn't destiny. And why do I need to create another profile to unlock gold chests? And get a companion app for blue chests? This is very disappointing. I feel like it's holding back gamers who don't necessarily enjoy playing online from fully enjoying the game.

RinoTheBouncer
11-27-2014, 01:15 PM
I kinda agree with this. I mean I’m all for the utilization of new tech and connecting games with tablets and phones, but it seems to me like there are so many stuff that rely on the mercy of someone else and this started with the AC:Initiates challenges for ACIV and how we must do something in MP or send some ships so somebody rescues them in Kenway Fleet. A lot of us cherish and appreciate an entirely single player experience and I think that finishing 100% of the game shouldn’t rely on somebody else getting involved.

Like some outfits cannot even be unlocked with real money or game money unless you join a social club and do a competition (which says Club Competitions will be available soon). To me, that was another disappointment cause I’m not a video gamer for the sake of competition, I’m a gamer cause I wanna enjoy the game’s world solely and appreciate it’s creative brilliance in story telling, graphics and gameplay, that’s why I choose story-driven and character-driven games like AC, Mass Effect, Tomb Raider, Silent Hill..etc.

Henge1759
11-27-2014, 01:20 PM
I totally agree. I have never been a big MP person.

dxsxhxcx
11-27-2014, 03:57 PM
because if you don't play online you must be a filthy pirate...

SNAKE_cro_mgs
11-27-2014, 04:14 PM
I never play Online. Even set the options on my PS3 so that I don't get that annoying notifications and trophies.
Even in AC game went in option -> online and set everything to OFF

I like SP focused games a lot more (Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Batman Arkham City, Uncharted, The Last of Us)

I choose story-driven and character-driven games.
Couldn't agree more.

RinoTheBouncer
11-27-2014, 04:22 PM
Couldn't agree more.

Thank you!

This has been my gaming style since PS1 days. So I wanna keep this feeling going, the same one I had playing Resident Evil (which is now a shooter) and Tomb Raider, Silent Hill, Final Fantasy, Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve..etc. where we’d just explore and let the story unfold with cutscenes and dialogues. No hints, no flashing objects, no companions telling you what you should and shouldn’t do and we go so excited when these well-made cutscenes kick-in. It used to feel so rewarding and good.

RzaRecta357
11-27-2014, 04:40 PM
You none connected people are in the minority and this is the way the wind is blowing for Ubisoft. Seems like you may just need to quit if you can't handle it as it's been blowing this way for like 2-3 E3's now. Every game they announced last year has seamless online for the most part. How they messed that up to the point your game needs to reload when some one joins or quits in Far Cry 4 is beyond me though when it works so well in all their other games.

Henge1759
11-27-2014, 04:52 PM
You can have your Online playing, Just asking for it not to be necessary to achieve 100% of game completion. Even if I liked MP, Hardly any of my friends play, to make it work. We might be in the Minority, but we still represent a big chunk of money they can lose. You shouldn't force people to have to play with others, but I agree it should be offered.

m4r-k7
11-27-2014, 04:53 PM
I can't even understand why Ubisoft are focusing so much energy on this "connectivity" stuff in relation to tablets, apps, initiates (to unlock in-game items) when:

99% of the internet rage about it / game websites actively dislike it

And

It is hard for Ubisoft to actively implement it (as proven by all the bugs, app + initates problems etc)

It makes no sense to me whatsoever, Ubisoft are making it harder for themselves when none of this stuff has to be in the game. Nobody would complain if all this connectivity stuff wasn't in the game. The only online thing that I am happy about it the introduction of co-op, but apart from that everything else to do with online is plain stupid.

Spinis48
11-27-2014, 05:52 PM
Seriously, why do I need to join a social club and play online in order to unlock the legendary gear? This isn't destiny. And why do I need to create another profile to unlock gold chests? And get a companion app for blue chests? This is very disappointing. I feel like it's holding back gamers who don't necessarily enjoy playing online from fully enjoying the game.
I fully agree with the comment above.When given the choice to play multiplayer,all well and good but to force people into completing the game by involving other people,no.I think rather than moving forward with this idea Ubisoftuk are losing their way and have forgotten how they have made their games so popular with the beautiful detail and the fact you could take your time and play the game on your own.If I want to play fast moving online games I play call of duty or similar.I thought I was the only one who thought this way but obviously not.I Ubisoftuk continue to go this multiplayer way they may lose me as a customer .I hope Ubisoft read these comments.

Goldmcdigger
11-27-2014, 05:57 PM
You do not have to play online. You can solo all the coop content. You do however have to have the multiple profiles and apps to complete game. That is simply stupid because none of those things have anything to do with the game. It is just a not very well disguised method of getting your contact info and keeping tabs on your various devices so they can advertise to you.

Spinis48
11-27-2014, 06:16 PM
Totally agree.

Blackred689
11-27-2014, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I agree too. I don't plan to do anything online, certainly not any smart phone (since I don't have one) or web site sync stuff. Maybe I'll do co-op but very doubtful.

AC is in my mind a immersive single player game. Anyway, what I can see later on probably is a re-release with all this content accessible in game, where as day one buyers get the shaft.

I'm still very much enjoying the game though and know not to bother with all this app stuff after a few hours in so...

bitebug2003
11-27-2014, 07:02 PM
I agree too, as a single player I have never liked the AC multiplayer since it's Brotherhood conception and 99% of the time I don't play multiplayer in other games either (The Last Of Us and Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer are an exception).

I was playing around with AC Unity yesterday and I came across a chest that required me to be a Level 11 Initiate before I can open it - this is silly
I had a go at the companion app (some missions require me to wait for 15 minutes before the mission is completed) and there are a bunch of chests in the game that require me to play this app.

And there are the trophies/achievements tied to co-op means that if I - and any other completionists - who like me want to get 100% trophy completion for AC Unity I have to go online - this is silly too.
I don't like multiplayer trophies and I don't think they should be in the game - make them Uplay Actions/Rewards or something).

Thankfully AC Rogue has no online multiplayer (aside from Initiates and Uplay).

Rafe Harwood
11-27-2014, 09:19 PM
You none connected people are in the minority and this is the way the wind is blowing for Ubisoft. Seems like you may just need to quit if you can't handle it as it's been blowing this way for like 2-3 E3's now. Every game they announced last year has seamless online for the most part. How they messed that up to the point your game needs to reload when some one joins or quits in Far Cry 4 is beyond me though when it works so well in all their other games.

Although I can usually understand and even if not completely agree with, I don't disagree with, your posts... in this instance you seriously need to wind your neck in!

Suggesting that anyone who doesn't like multiplayer should quit gaming? Are you trying to piss off a very large portion of people? Because you succeeded.

Noone is suggesting mp doesn't exist for you bouncing kiddies, just that it isn't required for those of us (myself included) who don't like mp to complete their games.

Your attitude in this post is disgusting!

lsgnobody
11-27-2014, 09:48 PM
Thank you for putting it out there. I enjoyed each chapter of the Assassin's Creed story without playing multiplayer even once. Problems started in Black Flag, in which I had to depend on Ubisoft's server time and availability to do those stupid boring "community events" - which by the way only started happening after I had long finished the game - and finish collecting every piece of artifact, outfit, etc.

You can keep up with all the connectivity you want, as long as it works flawlessly and you don't depend on it to finish your game.

GunnerGalactico
11-27-2014, 10:16 PM
I've never been much of an MP person myself, not since ACB at least. I kinda feel that the Community Challenges in AC4 were a bit of a waste because you almost feel compelled to complete allocated challenges (which were sometimes repetitive) at the time given just to unlock additional content, and it was only there for a limited amount of time. Most people who purchased the game around May-July this year have really missed out.

SNAKE_cro_mgs
11-27-2014, 10:55 PM
This has been my gaming style since PS1 days. So I wanna keep this feeling going, the same one I had playing Resident Evil (which is now a shooter) and Tomb Raider, Silent Hill, Final Fantasy, Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve..etc. where we’d just explore and let the story unfold with cutscenes and dialogues. No hints, no flashing objects, no companions telling you what you should and shouldn’t do and we go so excited when these well-made cutscenes kick-in. It used to feel so rewarding and good.

Like you read my mind. I am the same way since PS1. I to played those kind of games. Mine were: Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Resident Evil (1,2,3), Parasite Eve II, Alien Resurrection, Dino Crisis(1,2), Medievil (1,2)...

DynaRider
11-27-2014, 11:35 PM
Ubi should have made two versions of the game. One with on line stuff and one without. That would have given them a pretty good idea of how many people like to play solo vs being on line. A poll on a forum such as this wouldn't be very accurate because there may be a lot of players who don't visit forums. I personally have no use for on line play and wish it hadn't been included in Unity.