PDA

View Full Version : I hope Unity is better than Rogue!!! Just a Rant

Henge1759
11-27-2014, 02:32 AM
I bought both games, and I played through Rogue first. Impressions are everything. Yes like everyone said, it is a carbon copy of Black Flag. With a slightly different story line. I was very disappointed in how short the campaign was. 6 sequences?? Hardly worth the money they charge for a game. Previous AC games have twice as many missions. They also took away from some of my favorite parts of AC games. When you need a special item or a certain weapon found, you just go to a location and dig it up. What happened to the climbing around and figuring out puzzles to get items?? Some of my favorite mission from previous games, were like when Ezio went through the crypts and churches, trying to figure a way through to get items. Even AC3 had the Mayan ruins, you went through to get a weapon. Ubi kept the annoying stuff in the game. You know kill a certain way, or complete in a time frame, or poison so many people to get 100% sync. They kept the special objectives(Which generally just pisses me off LOL), but got rid of the sneaking around secret areas, or climbing the inside of a building to find a crypt door.

I have not played Unity yet, but I'm really hoping it is much better than AC rogue.

P.S. Ezio rules!! Go back to the roots!!

Rafe Harwood
11-27-2014, 03:03 AM
Carbon copy of BF?

It's a mix between BF, AC3, Freedom Cry.

I'm surprised you disliked it so much.

Jdeadevil
11-27-2014, 03:40 AM
I'm personally tempted to advise everyone against playing Unity, but because I don't want a ban, I'll just advise waiting a few months before getting the game. Patch 1.03 barely scratched the surface of just how many bugs there are n the game, I found at least four in the space of an hour with at least one in each memory I played. Including this one. Ubisoft must have the worst testing in the industry, it's as if they haven't even looked into the roots of the problem and just added some code so each individual bug listed doesn't happen. Slight spoilers..

http://youtu.be/rB0v5AUHLVc

Henge1759
11-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Speaking of bugs, my PS3 crashed during gameplay, and had more glitches in game with Rogue, in 1 week. Than all the previous AC games combined since I've owned them. I have played through them all multiple times.

Rafe, is it really that surprising? It should have been a DLC at best. Does not hold up as a game all it's own. It cost almost 70 bucks for a game anymore. I shouldn't be able to complete the story line in 4hrs. Maybe another 4hrs, of sailing around digging up chests and climbing trees for animus fragments, to complete 100%. The idea of the game is great, the small changes they made I like, but it's short. Seems like the stuff out side of the story is a little basic also. Just seems lacking, compared to previous AC games.

Kaschra
11-27-2014, 02:25 PM
Speaking of bugs, my PS3 crashed during gameplay, and had more glitches in game with Rogue, in 1 week. Than all the previous AC games combined since I've owned them. I have played through them all multiple times.

Rafe, is it really that surprising? It should have been a DLC at best. Does not hold up as a game all it's own. It cost almost 70 bucks for a game anymore. I shouldn't be able to complete the story line in 4hrs. Maybe another 4hrs, of sailing around digging up chests and climbing trees for animus fragments, to complete 100%. The idea of the game is great, the small changes they made I like, but it's short. Seems like the stuff out side of the story is a little basic also. Just seems lacking, compared to previous AC games.

Holy ****, why do people rush through games like that?!
How can you enjoy anything if you do that?

I'm at 64% total synch with Rogue and played 24 hours, which is more than I needed for Brotherhood or Revelations :I

Pr0metheus 1962
11-27-2014, 02:29 PM
I have not played Unity yet, but I'm really hoping it is much better than AC rogue.

Don't get your hopes up.

In my personal opinion, Unity is competing with AC3 for the title "Worst Assassin's Creed Game". In some ways (storyline, story length and side-quest structure) it's much worse than AC3. On the other hand, at least Arno is not as bland and boring as Connor, and Elise is one of the most interesting characters in the series.

Henge1759
11-27-2014, 02:39 PM
There is only like 25 missions? How could that take 24hrs of gameplay? I didn't rush through it, I don't even use the speed travel option. Maybe it took longer than 4hrs to collect everything after the missions were over. But the story missions are shor. doesn't take long at all. I actually replayed the whole story to kill time while my naval ships went to their locations, in Cormac's fleet. It's about 4hrs of gameplay. The rest of the game is sailing and collecting S*&%, that isn't hidden. For 100% of everything in the game, your talking 10 solid hrs! Mainly because the last Legendary battle, is rough as hell.

AUDjTomekk
11-27-2014, 02:41 PM
AC Rogue was my favorite game of the series, I didn't play Unity yet, but i hope it has more than 6 sequences.
The price was my only problem after I finished the game. Sorry Ubisoft, but the game is not worth 60 with such a short story.

Henge1759
11-27-2014, 02:43 PM
AC Rogue was my favorite game of the series, I didn't play Unity yet, but i hope it has more than 6 sequences.
The price was my only problem after I finished the game. Sorry Ubisoft, but the game is not worth 60€ with such a short story.

That is what I was mainly upset about. I do like the game. Just seems really short for the money I paid. Really after taxes it's close to 70 US dollars.

Kaschra
11-27-2014, 02:53 PM
There is only like 25 missions? How could that take 24hrs of gameplay? I didn't rush through it, I don't even use the speed travel option. Maybe it took longer than 4hrs to collect everything after the missions were over. But the story missions are shor. doesn't take long at all. I actually replayed the whole story to kill time while my naval ships went to their locations, in Cormac's fleet. It's about 4hrs of gameplay. The rest of the game is sailing and collecting S*&%, that isn't hidden. For 100% of everything in the game, your talking 10 solid hrs! Mainly because the last Legendary battle, is rough as hell.
Because I actually took my time and explored the world, did side missions, looked for collectibles, sailed over the ocean listening to the sea shanties?
Why should I just go straight for the story missions?
I want to ENJOY a game, not rush through it.

Journey93
11-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Because I actually took my time and explored the world, did side missions, looked for collectibles, sailed over the ocean listening to the sea shanties?
Why should I just go straight for the story missions?

sure one should take time with AC rogue but the story is pretty short I liked it but once again it seemed like with more time they could have made more Sequences
and what you are doing is just filler stuff (looking for collectibles?? that shouldn't be something you have to do just so you can say look the game is long people)
Side missions sure but they are nowhere as fleshed out as the Homestead missions in AC3 for an example

Pr0metheus 1962
11-27-2014, 03:29 PM

It's not a question of that. The problem is that the side quests are so repetitive that it makes it so much more important that the main story has some beef to it, and it just doesn't. Yes, you can spend hundreds of hours on this game, and I have (I've done 100% of the main story and 99% of all the side quests), but they're hours filled with what I can only describe as tedium, because there's so little variation to the side quests and the main quest is just so short and goes nowhere.

Previous games in the series felt so much larger, because the main quest was where the focus lay, and they really took time to make sure that that story had twists and turns and great cut scenes and interesting missions. Here they seem to want to shift our focus to the side quests, but while these quests take a lot of time, they are all bland and uninteresting.

In some ways, the developers' imagination is spent mainly on the co-op missions. Here are all the game's most complex and interesting missions, yet the developers made a big error here because when you play co-op, all too often it turns into a mad race for loot, so much of the complexity and interest is left behind. Another big error here is that these missions are the ones that really tell the story of the revolution, but there is no incentive to do them in order, so all context for the game is lost. I've made a list of missions so that players can do them in order, (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/952229-Unity-Timeline-%28helps-players-chronologically-integrate-storyline-and-co-op-missions%29) but I feel it would have been much better if these had been incorporated into the storyline missions, at least at first, so that the history was transmitted to the player in a more effective way.

Henge1759
11-27-2014, 03:32 PM
It's not a question of that. The problem is that the side quests are so repetitive that it makes it so much more important that the main story has some beef to it, and it just doesn't. Yes, you can spend hundreds of hours on this game, and I have, but they're hours filled with what I can only describe as tedium, because there's so little variation to the side quests and the main quest is just so short and goes nowhere.

Previous games in the series felt so much larger, because the main quest was where the focus lay, and they really took time to make sure that that story had twists and turns and great cut scenes and interesting missions. Here they seem to want to shift our focus to the side quests, but while these quests take a lot of time, they are all bland and uninteresting.

Well put!

Megas_Doux
11-27-2014, 03:34 PM
Beating up husbands and delivering letters are indeed much more enjoyable and complex activities than infiltrate a building the way you want.

BATISTABUS
11-27-2014, 06:04 PM
it is a carbon copy of Black Flag. With a slightly different story line.
What the hell are you ta-

Ah.

KG_NOx
11-27-2014, 06:16 PM
Beating up husbands and delivering letters are indeed much more enjoyable and complex activities than infiltrate a building the way you want.

Exactly.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-27-2014, 06:46 PM
What the hell are you ta-

Ah.

So which is the game that you think is so much better than anything with Ezio in? Okay, Black Flag - maybe I can see that. But don't tell me you're one of those hipster Connor-lovers. Just because you folks have mastered the art of the sneer, it doesn't mean that AC3 was any good.

Rafe Harwood
11-27-2014, 09:32 PM

Personally, my stats show, total sync 100 (which is a problem with the game because it actually reads 100 long before you have collected all the pieces, especially the notes and stuff from the naval missions), time played 72:52.

Ok, I did complete the game a long while back, but I played it so I went around and opened everytihng up that I could before sequence 3. Which was funny later on as I fought some battles for the French to beat the English and later on for the English to beat the French lol

I am not one to rush through a main storyline. I tend to enjoy doing everything possible before doing the next main story piece so I guess that's why the game lasted longer.

If you choose to rush the game, the only person you can blame is yourself at the end of the day.

Just one question, are you one of the people who takes part in the multiplayer stuff? Maybe that's why you found so little to do but rush through the main story.

Just out of curiosity, what were your weapon of choice, tool of choice and air rifle ammunition of choice? Just trying to get some sense of your play style :)

BATISTABUS
11-27-2014, 11:34 PM
So which is the game that you think is so much better than anything with Ezio in? Okay, Black Flag - maybe I can see that. But don't tell me you're one of those hipster Connor-lovers. Just because you folks have mastered the art of the sneer, it doesn't mean that AC3 was any good.
My comment wasn't just about Ezio, it was about the "go back to your roots" mixed in with the Ezio bit. A lot of players seem to think that AC2 is the perfect game and that things have gone downhill from there...which simply isn't the case. The game has seen a lot of improvements in various areas since, and I personally think AC2 is very week in a lot of critical areas that newer games handle much better. Hell, I think there are more than a handful of things that AC1 did better than AC2.

That being said, yes, Connor is my favorite Assassin, and yes, Ezio is my least favorite. That's not to say that I don't like Ezio, but I never TRULY appreciated him until Revelations/Embers where he started having some doubts and serious obstacles that stabbing couldn't overcome.

AC4 (best overall) > AC1 (amazing fundamentals) > AC3 (amazing story/characters) > Rogue (awesome story/AC4 expansion) > ACR (great story/farewell) > ACB (amazing multiplayer) = AC2 (awesome atmosphere)
Connor > Altair > Edward > Shay > Ezio
I haven't played Unity yet, and I haven't finished Liberation.

Rafe Harwood
11-27-2014, 11:51 PM
That being said, yes, Connor is my favorite Assassin, and yes, Ezio is my least favorite. That's not to say that I don't like Ezio, but I never TRULY appreciated him until Revelations/Embers where he started having some doubts and serious obstacles that stabbing couldn't overcome.

Connor > Altair > Edward > Shay > Ezio

With all being said and done, I think the one thing we need to remember, is just because someone is not your favourite person, does not mean you dislike that person.

A second, third, fourth choice is not diminishing that choice, just that you prefer others.

MakimotoJin
11-28-2014, 12:03 AM
I don't even know what is the problem in here.But I know that Rogue could've been better.AC3's homestead and frontiersman side quests were the best activities I've seen in a AC.And the Templar Keys side quests from AC4 were good as well.If Ubi wanted Rogue to end the last-gen ACs,they should've added more.Although the story is great,sometimes it feels like Ubi said "here's some stuff,have fun,not like I care anyway".
Also,finding 24 Templar maps and 24 Templar Relics for a stupid armor is outraging.Don't even get me started with Viking and the Native armor.Ugh.

Megas_Doux
11-28-2014, 01:28 AM

Ahh the ad hominem and straw man , pretty mature behavior for a grown adult indeed.

I fail to understand how in the world stealthy infiltrating a building the way YOU want is a "less complex and enjoyable activity" than beating up husbands and delivering letters. Because the latter ones scrypted and plain filler, let alone not "proper" of an assassin, whereas the former one is stuff you get to expect for an assassin.

MakimotoJin
11-28-2014, 01:42 AM
Ahh the ad hominem and straw man , pretty mature behavior for a grown adult indeed.

I fail to understand how in the world stealthy infiltrating a building the way YOU want is a "less complex and enjoyable activity" than beating up husbands and delivering letters. Because the latter ones scrypted and plain filler, let alone not "proper" of an assassin, whereas the former one is stuff you get to expect for an assassin.

Well beating up the husband is a Homestead Mission,in the homestead,where Connor isn't considered a Assassin,just a.....good person.

Rugterwyper32
11-28-2014, 01:48 AM
Well beating up the husband is a Homestead Mission,in the homestead,where Connor isn't considered a Assassin,just a.....good person.

The main difference, I'd say, is context. In AC2 Ezio does it... um, why does he do it again? Those assignments are just unlocked after beating up the guy who cheated on Claudia and he kinda just does them. They're just there. In AC3, there's actually more depth to it: Connor has business in New York and he finds this girl asking for someone to help her mother deal with her abusive husband, and when no one else is doing it Connor goes in and does that. And the husband in question decides to still make his wife's life as miserable as possible after that and leads to more events happening at the homestead. Homestead missions serve a purpose even though they're not very much related to being an assassin, while Ezio's sidequests in AC2 are just... there. In terms of sidequests of the Ezio trilogy, Brotherhood handled it the best, they all served a purpose and worked in context. Even though some are just silly (racing around the Colosseum in the later sequences of the story that are supposed to be the climactic moment is just absurd, but hey)

MakimotoJin
11-28-2014, 01:56 AM
The main difference, I'd say, is context. In AC2 Ezio does it... um, why does he do it again? Those assignments are just unlocked after beating up the guy who cheated on Claudia and he kinda just does them. They're just there. In AC3, there's actually more depth to it: Connor has business in New York and he finds this girl asking for someone to help her mother deal with her abusive husband, and when no one else is doing it Connor goes in and does that. And the husband in question decides to still make his wife's life as miserable as possible after that and leads to more events happening at the homestead. Homestead missions serve a purpose even though they're not very much related to being an assassin, while Ezio's sidequests in AC2 are just... there. In terms of sidequests of the Ezio trilogy, Brotherhood handled it the best, they all served a purpose and worked in context. Even though some are just silly (racing around the Colosseum in the later sequences of the story that are supposed to be the climactic moment is just absurd, but hey)

I agree.But seriously....what are the side quests from AC2 again?I forgot.

Megas_Doux
11-28-2014, 02:00 AM
I agree.But seriously....what are the side quests from AC2 again?I forgot.

Some are pretty good, some dont:

Assassin tombs and the Glyphs are personal favorites of mine, whereas beating up husbands and delivering letters are just plain STUPID. In the middle we have the assassin contracts, the quality is good there.

Namikaze_17
11-28-2014, 02:35 AM

Assassin tombs and the Glyphs are personal favorites of mine, whereas beating up husbands and delivering letters are just plain STUPID. In the middle we have the assassin contracts, the quality is good there.

Agreed. :)

MakimotoJin
11-28-2014, 02:49 AM

The assassin contracts were a bit repetitive,though.
I hate the letter delivering quests,but why the hate with Homestead missions?They're supposed to show Connor's human side.If it worked or not,it's up to debate.

Henge1759
11-28-2014, 04:57 PM
Personally, my stats show, total sync 100 (which is a problem with the game because it actually reads 100 long before you have collected all the pieces, especially the notes and stuff from the naval missions), time played 72:52.

Ok, I did complete the game a long while back, but I played it so I went around and opened everytihng up that I could before sequence 3. Which was funny later on as I fought some battles for the French to beat the English and later on for the English to beat the French lol

I am not one to rush through a main storyline. I tend to enjoy doing everything possible before doing the next main story piece so I guess that's why the game lasted longer.

If you choose to rush the game, the only person you can blame is yourself at the end of the day.

Just one question, are you one of the people who takes part in the multiplayer stuff? Maybe that's why you found so little to do but rush through the main story.

Just out of curiosity, what were your weapon of choice, tool of choice and air rifle ammunition of choice? Just trying to get some sense of your play style :)

I didn't rush through anything. I did the same thing as you. I played the game a very long time. I was just talking about the actual story line is very short. If you just do those missions, you can complete them in less than 4hrs. TAKING YOUR TIME. Yes I got a lot of time playing sailing around collecting stuff and exploring. I logged in just as many hours as you, just think some more content should have been in the game. The game is good, the concept is good. Just in my opinion too short for the money. How many times do I have to loot the same warehouse, to fill in the missing content. Traveling around and getting all the collectables is fine, but how bout some challenge to it? Make me have to go through a mine to an native puzzle, or find a hidden tomb?? I mean something that makes it interesting. I love the stealth aspect of it, I'm always trying to take out every guard in my path using stealth. So, for everyone out there, I don't think the game sucks, I do like it. Just wanted something a little more.

And I hate Multiplayer!!!!!!

Henge1759
11-28-2014, 05:12 PM
When I typed that, I never meant that I hated all the other AC characters. I have actually found something in all of them that I liked. Even Conner. Go back to the roots was more about the game style. Epic cities, and vast expanse, you can actually go through every inch of. Black flag and Rogue are big as well, but it's not the same if it's mostly on a boat.

Assassin_M
11-28-2014, 05:19 PM
It's not a strawman, he just gets so intimated when someone says that AC III is better than AC II or that Connor is better than Ezio. He feels threatened and violated, give him a break.

Fatal-Feit
11-28-2014, 06:10 PM
boat.

Ship*, mate. You can store a boat on a ship, but you can't store a ship on a boat.

MakimotoJin
11-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Ha,I heard that before.