PDA

View Full Version : (PS4) i had some hope.

BeugeMaster420
11-27-2014, 01:23 AM
when i first heard of a racing game that using the entirre US as a map i was excited, when i saw how customizable everything was i was excited, when i heard a open beta was coming i was excited.
the point im trying to make here is i WAS excited.

i have been playing for a total of 30 minutes and im over it already, i wanted manual with clutch on my controller, NOPE no clutch, you have to change gears with right stick (no god dam logic), square is handbrake while x in nos (god dammit why is there nos...), circle is reset to track, and L1 is look back while triangle is nothing. what kind of ****ed up control scheme is that?
make X handbrake, square shift down, circle shift up and L1 clutch. that leaves right stick for look around and look back with triangle as reset back to track if you want.
or maybe something like BEING ABLE TO REMAP CONTROLS.

oh you wanted tuner cars like maybe a 240sx? or a AE86? even a RX7? NOPE.

not to mention that the cars handle like bricks and surprisingly worse then NFS (which is a feat)

honestly GTA V driving in first person is better then this game as a whole.
this has literally killed all hype i had for the game, im not going to pick it up anymore and i hope alot of people turn around and walk away too after all this **** that ubisoft is putting out.

0/10 ubisoft, with what you have been releasing lately you should honestly be ashamed of yourselves.

NEET_Ludamister
11-27-2014, 05:01 AM
when i first heard of a racing game that using the entirre US as a map i was excited, when i saw how customizable everything was i was excited, when i heard a open beta was coming i was excited.
the point im trying to make here is i WAS excited.

i have been playing for a total of 30 minutes and im over it already, i wanted manual with clutch on my controller, NOPE no clutch, you have to change gears with right stick (no god dam logic), square is handbrake while x in nos (god dammit why is there nos...), circle is reset to track, and L1 is look back while triangle is nothing. what kind of ****ed up control scheme is that?
make X handbrake, square shift down, circle shift up and L1 clutch. that leaves right stick for look around and look back with triangle as reset back to track if you want.
or maybe something like BEING ABLE TO REMAP CONTROLS.

oh you wanted tuner cars like maybe a 240sx? or a AE86? even a RX7? NOPE.

not to mention that the cars handle like bricks and surprisingly worse then NFS (which is a feat)

honestly GTA V driving in first person is better then this game as a whole.
this has literally killed all hype i had for the game, im not going to pick it up anymore and i hope alot of people turn around and walk away too after all this **** that ubisoft is putting out.

0/10 ubisoft, with what you have been releasing lately you should honestly be ashamed of yourselves.

Good lord, it's like you think every single game that's ever been released is SUPPOSED to be entirely designed to your tastes and preference.

First and foremost, they've stated already that a lot of the features that aren't in the beta will be available for launch. This includes binding custom controls. As far as the clutch on controllers go, I'm not entirely sure it's even going to have its own button. However, if you're that deep into the feel for racing, you might as well just pony up and buy a racing wheel instead. They've stated they were going to make clutch work for racing wheels for sure. Sounds like something you should look into.

As far as the cars, licensing presents a lot of issues. I am also disappointed about the lack of tuners but what I'm also capable of doing is being patient about it. They are planning on bringing more cars to the game in time. It may not be soon but I'm not necessarily in a rush either. Just makes me more excited to finally have that car then to use the car at launch and never care for any other car that comes out. The handling of the cars.....I don't know if you understand the concept of a MMO. The whole point is that you start at with crap everything and, eventually, reach a point where you're a racing god with the parts. That's the selling point of a MMO. Self-progression. Plus, there are driving assists that you can readily change settings for and, in the future, turn on and off individual features. If you're THAT particular about handling, again, racing wheel. The large majority, if not, almost all of people who drove with a wheel during the betas absolutely loved it.

I'm sorry that it hasn't been enjoyable for you so far. I'm even more sorry that you love to bring your experiences of woe and pass them onto other people.

You can just hold onto your money and decide if you want to buy the game at a later date.

Getthowolfje
11-27-2014, 10:35 AM
Well explained Ludamister, Couldn't stated it better myself.

Natchai_Ubisoft
11-27-2014, 11:20 AM
please be sure to read this post regarding the handling model: http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-GB/newslist/details.aspx?c=tcm:154-185457-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

svenpro2205
11-27-2014, 02:41 PM
thats why you need pc

SwearingZeus6
11-28-2014, 02:03 AM
Yeah, handled very well...

RAVEN-G
11-28-2014, 06:33 PM
Good lord, it's like you think every single game that's ever been released is SUPPOSED to be entirely designed to your tastes and preference.

First and foremost, they've stated already that a lot of the features that aren't in the beta will be available for launch. This includes binding custom controls. As far as the clutch on controllers go, I'm not entirely sure it's even going to have its own button. However, if you're that deep into the feel for racing, you might as well just pony up and buy a racing wheel instead. They've stated they were going to make clutch work for racing wheels for sure. Sounds like something you should look into.

As far as the cars, licensing presents a lot of issues. I am also disappointed about the lack of tuners but what I'm also capable of doing is being patient about it. They are planning on bringing more cars to the game in time. It may not be soon but I'm not necessarily in a rush either. Just makes me more excited to finally have that car then to use the car at launch and never care for any other car that comes out. The handling of the cars.....I don't know if you understand the concept of a MMO. The whole point is that you start at with crap everything and, eventually, reach a point where you're a racing god with the parts. That's the selling point of a MMO. Self-progression. Plus, there are driving assists that you can readily change settings for and, in the future, turn on and off individual features. If you're THAT particular about handling, again, racing wheel. The large majority, if not, almost all of people who drove with a wheel during the betas absolutely loved it.

I'm sorry that it hasn't been enjoyable for you so far. I'm even more sorry that you love to bring your experiences of woe and pass them onto other people.

You can just hold onto your money and decide if you want to buy the game at a later date.

I agree that the crew should have an option to let us configure the buttons as we want, for example the option to change gears with the right stick while at the same time it's used to look, is not so confortable for me at all, besides the fact that you can't gear up and pressing the Nitro button at the same time for example. It would be better if the crew let us choose how we want to configure our controls. Im very disappointed with the handling, speccially with the first person view, why the heck im not able to keep static my view, for example if i move slighly my joystick to one side just to turn the head 20 or 30 to the left or the right side of the car, the view just keep going always to the end , no matter if i move completely the joystick to one side or not, GTA V for example is better that way, i don't know why the crew have this lack of details, that would improve the frist person view experience. I love to play on first person view, and that's one of the features that i loved so much from the Test Drive Unlimited series, and Forza Horizon and GTA V has it similar, but not THE CREW, WHY? ...... IS IT TO MUCH TO ASK?

I reserved this game and am startting to regret because of this issues. I hope you may change it.

Deebz__
11-30-2014, 07:02 PM
Granted I'm not a console gamer, but I've never heard of a console game that lets you rebind controls. Almost all of them let you choose from presets. If you want to rebind your controls (and do much more customization), play on PC. We've always had that option. :)

Darkr3b0rn8387
12-01-2014, 03:12 AM
This game is like deja vu, tdu2 all over again.
In one corner you have the guys who will defend the game no matter what and in the other corner you have the realists who have wiped the crap out of their eyes and smelled the bs.
Looking forward the reviews/comments next week!

purpleantilope
12-01-2014, 03:20 AM
Or maybe its just the people who like the game and people who aren't giving it a chance? Or maybe its just Ubisoft haters?