PDA

View Full Version : [ACU Gameplay SPOILER] Impossible Button Mashing Sequence

Mike_pasta
11-27-2014, 01:00 AM
I've had Assassin's Creed Unity since its release, and recently found myself unable to continue along the main story of the game. The point I've reached is Sequence 7, Memory 3; The fight with Bellec and quoted: "first boss fight."

I am aware that my computer is not meant to play the game, but it runs fairly well overall. If I could get some information as to a bypass to this, maybe assistance or troubleshooting it would be appreciated, but this is gnawing at what threads keep me to the Assassin's Creed franchise. Granted, if the game weren't to make Arno float in midair, unable to do anything occasionally, hair to fly like a runaway rocket (which is quite funny at first sight), and falling into buildings, floors, ceilings, or other glitchy places Assassins aren't allowed to go to, the game deserves better, just not until we see change.

I've played many frustrating button mashing games before, I enjoy them only when its not repetitive. The first portion of the fight, no problem knocking him down to start the mash-fest, using my keyboard, mouse, controller (separate times, not all at once) I struggled to pass the first portion, which I out of luck did.
Cutscene through the corner tower and to the front of the church, no problem with beating him up again, then button mashing. I am stuck at this portion, I went as far as to getting a program that spams a key as fast as every millisecond, still can't beat him as my conclusion follows; the game is not registering all of my button inputs, and it is infuriating.

eternalsoul201
11-27-2014, 02:39 AM
I've had Assassin's Creed Unity since its release, and recently found myself unable to continue along the main story of the game. The point I've reached is Sequence 7, Memory 3; The fight with Bellec and quoted: "first boss fight."

I am aware that my computer is not meant to play the game, but it runs fairly well overall. If I could get some information as to a bypass to this, maybe assistance or troubleshooting it would be appreciated, but this is gnawing at what threads keep me to the Assassin's Creed franchise. Granted, if the game weren't to make Arno float in midair, unable to do anything occasionally, hair to fly like a runaway rocket (which is quite funny at first sight), and falling into buildings, floors, ceilings, or other glitchy places Assassins aren't allowed to go to, the game deserves better, just not until we see change.

I've played many frustrating button mashing games before, I enjoy them only when its not repetitive. The first portion of the fight, no problem knocking him down to start the mash-fest, using my keyboard, mouse, controller (separate times, not all at once) I struggled to pass the first portion, which I out of luck did.
Cutscene through the corner tower and to the front of the church, no problem with beating him up again, then button mashing. I am stuck at this portion, I went as far as to getting a program that spams a key as fast as every millisecond, still can't beat him as my conclusion follows; the game is not registering all of my button inputs, and it is infuriating.

your not alone in this I too cannot move forward into the story it took me around 20-25 minutes to get past the first "B" button mashing sequence but cannot get past the second b mashing fight game sucks anyway get DAInquisition I did, Ubisu*k blows

Lustier
11-28-2014, 03:00 AM
I have the same problem, I hopes that with the new patch it will be solved, but not, the problem continue

similarly
11-29-2014, 01:00 AM
I had this problem last night, and in the support forum, I saw advice that helped me. This person (playing on console) said that he easily got out of the loop by NOT just pressing the button he was prompted to press, but also pushing forward and diagonally on the stick.

I'm on PC, so I not only pressed E repeatedly, I also pressed down on W (to go forward) and occasionally A and D. Amazingly, it ended the loop almost immediately and I finished the mission VERY quickly.

I hope it works for you too! Good luck, guys!

Moezyvl
11-29-2014, 11:03 PM
I have come to the same point, up until now, I have enjoyed actually playing; even though there have been some points of madness. I have owned/played every AC that has been released and purchased this as soon as it was released. I do not however enjoy spending an hour mashing on my Alienware to pass a boss. sorry to say but haven't you evolved in your programming skills beyond this? To have made this (and future) boss based on skills and parries or even combinations been enough? Oh, wait that didn't happen, back to mashing. I will check back from time to time, but will put this on the shelf and will look for reviews on future releases before bringing it home.

Lustier
12-01-2014, 06:32 PM
I have tried what you said, to push forward, left and right, no luck. Even I have tried to push E in the keyboard and B in my Xbox controller, at the same time, no luck again

JohnConnor2012
12-02-2014, 12:38 AM
On PC, some have suggested tapping or holding down W or other movement keys as well as mashing E during the Bellec fight. Congrats it works for them, but it doesn't for me either. I think I'm going to stop wasting my time on ACU until Ubi actually patch this one. Button-mashing was OK for 'Dead Space', but pretty inappropriate to the AC series with much more elaborate fighting styles developed.

Soelum
12-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Same here. I use right click instead of keyboard's button.
It was Ok till the moment I started to jab Bellec out. He really doesn't want to! (Not that I want to) Bet he has some sort of AI.
I changed everything: ratio, switched between window-fullscreen models, set my settings to lowest, pressed AWSD inside of my keyboard.
Help!

Anonymous_NL
12-07-2014, 11:54 PM
Is anyone also experiencing a bug during a boss fight while pressing ''E'' in a fight sequence between arno and bellec, where you cant succed? to the point of completing the cut-scene?

JohnConnor2012
12-08-2014, 06:47 PM
No SPOILERS, but Search for 'Bellec' for possible solutions. No guarantees though - I've tried everything and am now waiting for performance patch in the hope that I've actually bought more than half a game from Ubisoft.

Anonymous_NL
12-08-2014, 09:07 PM
This (bug) isn't solved with the 1.3 patch bummer :S cause now a lot of people are stuck on this sequence :S any idea on when a new patch will be avalible?

MasaIV
12-09-2014, 02:12 AM
SPOILER-Impossible-Button-Mashing-Sequence? (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/960599-ACU-Gameplay-SPOILER-Impossible-Button-Mashing-Sequence?)

Part of me is glad your game is messed up - since you are the type to post spoilers in a thread title. But then, I'm a horrible person.

Anonymous_NL
12-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Do sorry

Fragmentalist
12-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Way to spoil.

greywolf238
12-09-2014, 09:43 PM
I'm on a pc and had no problems with that fight, It should have been a harder fight, bellec was to easy.

molivetto
12-09-2014, 10:31 PM
same trouble, one of the most in this game ....

Kraschman2010
12-10-2014, 06:49 AM
I'm on a pc and had no problems with that fight, It should have been a harder fight, bellec was to easy.

Agreed. Simply button mashing did squat. Moving the stick as if to push the sword towards Bellec at the same time as mashing did wonders. Easy as pie on multiple occasions.

Not necessarily straight towards him, angling was usually required.

It seems the in game instructions on what to do are not exactly complete...

Kraschman2010
12-10-2014, 07:01 AM
I had this problem last night, and in the support forum, I saw advice that helped me. This person (playing on console) said that he easily got out of the loop by NOT just pressing the button he was prompted to press, but also pushing forward and diagonally on the stick.

I'm on PC, so I not only pressed E repeatedly, I also pressed down on W (to go forward) and occasionally A and D. Amazingly, it ended the loop almost immediately and I finished the mission VERY quickly.

I hope it works for you too! Good luck, guys!

Said person was probably me, and I'm playing on PC, but yeah, that's what licked it for me.

Discovered the joystick combo aspect after failing it several times. Passed it all of a sudden then had to analyze exactly what I did differently.

Can't promise it works on consoles as well, but it certainly did the trick on PC for me and I have trouble believing it's somehow programmed differently for the consoles.

bohica4you
12-16-2014, 06:26 AM

Ok I GOT IT!!!! FOR PC only ! so i finally past the sequence! after reading all the threads and there were many , this is what worked for me. i assume it was lag the all time .I set my PC at the lowest graphic settings , aspect ratio 4.3 everything on low , or off , your window will be pretty small but who care , its all about smashing keys, a trick was to hold up my key board with my left hand so it was easier to mash the E key rapidly with my right finger ( if you are right handed)without tiring ( basically using a semi horizontal push) mash it quickly non stop without pounding too hard , mostly light almost like rubbing it,but very fast ( oh don't be silly!) it worked well i i went thru the first cut scene right away, the second still took me about 3 death, the third about only 4 death , then you are done mashing keys. i wont reveal the rest but i suggest , you pause the game and soak your index in a glass of bourbon and use it to stir the ice , then chug it , you deserve it!

insanelokz209
02-06-2015, 10:38 AM
Guys give this a try. It worked for me in PC after everything else failed. Download CheatEngine 6.4 @

http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads.php

Cheat engine is really helpful in the case of lag. Lag in the game is the one that is affecting the button mashing. So, download Cheat engine 6.4 and install it. When it finishes open it and then open the game. After the game reaches the main menu press alt+tab to minimize the game and use cheat engine. Note that going inside the walkthrough and using cheat engine may make the game crashes.

On the left corner of the programme, you will find, under "file", a computer-like icon that says "select a process to open". Click on that, scan for ACU, choose it, and click on open. On the right side of the programme, there are to things that are unchecked. Check the one that says "Enable Speedhack", type 0.2 in the speed box that appears, and then click"apply".

When you go back to the game, you will notice that everything has slowed down. Now, continue the campaign (would be better if you had saved it during the fight with bellec), and keep playing until you reach the button mashing scene. Keep pressing E as you used to do, and it will hopefully work. After the cutscene ends and the game saves in the next scene, you can safely go back to the programme and uncheck speedhack.

Note: when you are fighting bellec with slow motion and trying to stagger him, arno might not complete the move, so you will have to hold the space for a longer time to cope with the slow motion movement. Also, if 0.2 is not working for you after several trials, you can try different numbers."

SquillTheSquid
03-29-2016, 12:07 PM
Is anyone also experiencing a bug during a boss fight while pressing ''E'' in a fight sequence between arno and bellec, where you cant succed? to the point of completing the cut-scene?

yes, me to and it is kind of getting me angry
however
i am using the game on steam
will it work if i use ubisoft???
however i am getting annoyed and i only got the game recently (27th of march,Easter Sunday, 2016)
has there been a patch?
even my friends all tried it and it didn't work
maybe you have to do it to the beat of the e so everytime it goes down you have to press e
if you think e is hard then you can change it.
you just go into the options menu and change the e button with the click button and it should come up with click
but i tried it and it didn't work for me
prehaps im not doing it fast enough
i passed the first sequence easily it is the second one that bothers me
it normally get the first ones done quickly but then on the last one, bellec headbutts me and i have to do the first one again
i idi it for a solid 10 minuetes and it still didn't work
on each second bit i tried to spam it at different speeds but still
it didn't work
HELP! MEEEEEE! I LOVE ASSASSINS CREED, IT IS MY FAVOURITE GAME SERIES AND WILL SOMEONE GIVE ME A HAND?
(ok maybe a bit overdramatic):confused::mad::(:nonchalance:
I will play syndicate for now
:D

YazX_
03-29-2016, 04:56 PM
yes, me to and it is kind of getting me angry
however
i am using the game on steam
will it work if i use ubisoft???
however i am getting annoyed and i only got the game recently (27th of march,Easter Sunday, 2016)
has there been a patch?
even my friends all tried it and it didn't work
maybe you have to do it to the beat of the e so everytime it goes down you have to press e
if you think e is hard then you can change it.
you just go into the options menu and change the e button with the click button and it should come up with click
but i tried it and it didn't work for me
prehaps im not doing it fast enough
i passed the first sequence easily it is the second one that bothers me
it normally get the first ones done quickly but then on the last one, bellec headbutts me and i have to do the first one again
i idi it for a solid 10 minuetes and it still didn't work
on each second bit i tried to spam it at different speeds but still
it didn't work
HELP! MEEEEEE! I LOVE ASSASSINS CREED, IT IS MY FAVOURITE GAME SERIES AND WILL SOMEONE GIVE ME A HAND?
(ok maybe a bit overdramatic):confused::mad::(:nonchalance:
I will play syndicate for now
:D

a possible workaround is to hold W, A, S or D while mashing E, try it out and let me know what happens.

Jessigirl2013
04-02-2016, 06:35 PM
Had the same problem.

FIX- change all graphic settings to the lowest possible and play in windowed mode.

Did it fix the issue?

strigoi1958
04-04-2016, 03:42 PM
As Jessigirl2013 has suggested ... lowest graphic settings helps a lot. Most people with this problem were playing Unity with a gpu not quite up to recommended requirements and I know there are many who have played it on pc's that are not quite powerful enough and nearly all of them had this problem. For some reason lowering the graphics setting allows you the time to press E. Perhaps E needs to be pressed during certain frames and they are not being generated quickly enough so the timing is wrong (I don't know) but do as Jessigirl suggests and I expect it will work. :)