PDA

View Full Version : Alienware x51

QQ_Diamonds
11-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Hi
I want to know if Alienware x51 with i5 4460 with GTX 745 4 GB can run AC Unity .
If no pls let me now which of Alienware x51 models can run it

nonamename1
11-27-2014, 12:00 AM
It doesn't look good for the 745: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+745.

I cannot believe that card was sold in a gaming machine.

You might want to spend a few hundred and get a 970 or if you have 500 or so get the 980. You can also look at AMD cards, but I don't know much about their model numbers.

strigoi1958
11-27-2014, 12:00 AM
Dell PC's are a bit overpriced so I wouldn't buy an Alienware pc. If you're in the uk you could try ginger6 where you can configure your own pc and focus on cpu and video card.

nonamename1
11-27-2014, 12:34 AM
The alienware's aren't really overpriced, they are just premium quality, that is what you are paying for. The alienware laptops are magnesium cases, they are really nice and the screens they put on them are amazing.

If you can afford an alienware desktop go for it. In your case QQ_Diamonds I'd just upgrade your video card and you'll be good to go.

playlisting
11-27-2014, 01:15 AM
As others have said, never buy Alienware. It's horribly overpriced. You most likely paid nearly 1,000 for a PC with a GTX 745 in it. If you ever buy another PC and go for pre-built, go for something like Origin PC. They are a little bit overpriced but they are far better than Alienware and the build quality is very high.

Anyway, no. You can't run it :)

The alienware's aren't really overpriced, they are just premium quality, that is what you are paying for. The alienware laptops are magnesium cases, they are really nice and the screens they put on them are amazing.

If you can afford an alienware desktop go for it. In your case QQ_Diamonds I'd just upgrade your video card and you'll be good to go.

Alienware is overpriced. You pay around 2,000 for something that would cost you ~750 if you built it yourself. They rip people off who don't know about computers and make it look like it's worth it by using a shiny case.