PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Important announcement from Yannis Mallat - thoughts anyone?

NightmareGK13
11-26-2014, 08:15 PM
link -> http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-186654-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Just leaving this here, to see some reactions...

I am yet to make one of my own but when I do I'll upload this... for now it just seems as if they are playing the victim game and trying to mask things with a "thank you for your loyalty" and with an apology.

don't get me wrong, I'm happy and glad they listened and took action, and really excited for the DLC, but I would like to see the game fixed to be able to enjoy this.

Not saying that it is necessarily a bad thing, just think it doesn't make up for what they did. But i'd like to hear more from you guys

DanonMight
11-26-2014, 08:23 PM
So what they would have to do in your opinion? Free game for season pass and free DLC is fair enough for me, since i do not have to play AC now I just wait till they patch up most issues. I hate that the game feels a bit like facebook and they won't fix that but after all I'm gonna play this game couse i was a fan of previous games. At least they care a bit

Bahjabroni
11-26-2014, 08:34 PM
I think their "apology" to the situation is fine. A free game to those who purchased Gold/Season Pass is a very nice gesture and Dead Kings is assuredly this game's version of Freedom Cry so even those who bought just the regular version get something for the troubles. Its far better than the people who bought The Evil Within only to see it discounted 66% a month later.

I hope they fix the game more, but any animosity I had towards Ubi after the disastrous roll out has been helped immensely. They still need to fix the problems in the game obviously and that "feeling" will remain and cause hesitation with future releases, but this move has definitely helped their reputation with me.

NightmareGK13
11-26-2014, 08:34 PM
So what they would have to do in your opinion? Free game for season pass and free DLC is fair enough for me, since i do not have to play AC now I just wait till they patch up most issues. I hate that the game feels a bit like facebook and they won't fix that but after all I'm gonna play this game couse i was a fan of previous games. At least they care a bit

You just answered your own question.
First and foremost the game should be fixed and playable to those that cannot. Second, have them fix whatever surrounds the game, companion app and initiates, and let us have alternative to these poorly design methods that do make the game facebookish... Third, then yes, apologize and compensate us.

and if they cared a bit... they wouldn't have released the game as it is, or at lease they would have listened to us like they said they would, and they said they did...

Altair1789
11-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Looks like Ubisoft has started to care. I think the world is going to end soon

Are the "30 new pieces of armor" included in dead kings? I'm sad that this guy's outfit isn't in game, unless the prowler outfit is the extremely edited version of it.
http://i.imgur.com/eaEs2Ac.png

NightmareGK13
11-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Looks like Ubisoft has started to care. I think the world is going to end soon

Are the "30 new pieces of armor" included in dead kings? I'm sad that this guy's outfit isn't in game, unless the prowler outfit is the extremely edited version of it.

30 new pieces of armor? please explain

chosin1
11-26-2014, 09:03 PM
funny that no one wanted the season pass until they heard free. Now everyone is scrambling to get it. I want my money back blah blah blahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never understand people..

mmac900
11-26-2014, 09:12 PM
There are cd key websites that still let you a season pass:)

Altair1789
11-26-2014, 09:14 PM
30 new pieces of armor? please explain

In the Season Pass youtube video, Alex Amancio talked about a DLC that included 30 pieces of armor. Most of them are things you get from preordering, but I think a few are all new. I hope there's the outfit of the guy with the gun on the cover

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83gmiey7S7w

johnsmith145
11-26-2014, 09:19 PM
I don't want any of the shallow games they offer us. I wanted a proper AC game. Hell, even all the bugs I could have overlooked if only they had put any effort into the story. Nevertheless, the back-to-basics gameplay was really good.

Sigfried.M
11-26-2014, 09:21 PM
What if I want to buy now the Season Pass? Free or available in future?

And if I find someone that sell it, if I add it now to Uplay, am I elegible for the free game?

Devst8nDscoDve
11-26-2014, 09:22 PM
Empty words. They need a fundamental shift of game design because right now it's all about milking it's users.

Diarmuid_III
11-26-2014, 09:50 PM
I paid A$40 for the season pass. As of now it turns out that what I have got for that is a an amount of gear, weapons and equipment, three Single Player Missions, which included Killed by Science that was already available in-game to be unlocked with Uplay credits. Then there is the China Chronicles which has yet to be released. With no disrespect to other players of the other branded free games, I have no interest in those and I already have Black Flag along with all other AC tittles available on PC. So this offer does nothing for me. Now if I was being offered AC Rogue when it becomes available for PC or even a discount I would feel a bit better. For the first time I have to say I am disappointed to put it mildly.

dnameless1
11-26-2014, 11:04 PM
I can appreciate the apologies, same goes for the "free" DLC (dead kings). Offering Far Cry 4 (among others) for free is a nice gesture, but that's just (and not applicable to, read below) me.

Then again, I'm not a season pass holder but got the Guillotine edition at €150 total. Could be mistaken but I think the season pass would have gotten me double of everything except the dead kings DLC and the China Chronicles?

I'm not complaining, game runs OK for me, apart from very odd GPU usage drops that became visible after turning AA one setting down. No crashes so far, haven't seen mission breaking bugs either (but then again I'm not that far into the main campaign and haven't done any of the "side" quests yet).

I suppose the biggest annoyance for me so far (and from the beginning) is the companion app: still not sure how much I'm missing without it, but I primarily bought a single player PC(!) game, so I expect to be able to get all stuff without having to install a piece of software on a device I might not have. As an option, fine. Make it harder/more challenging without it, I don't care. Offer it as a piece of software that can be installed next to the game itself or on another PC, fine. But locking it behind another device, please don't do that again.

And 2nd, locking stuff behind multiplayer/team related achievements or whatever: I really don't like being "forced" to have to play with others when I buy a single player game, just to get "the best" stuff. Again, make it optional, perhaps harder to do without others, but still achievable when playing on your own.

3rd:

When I pre-order stuff, I'd like to be able to play it at the same time as others. Not after just about everyone else in the world received (or could have received) the game.

In my case it still arrived on the release date for my location (release dates depending on locations should abandoned anyway, but that's another story), so this is not really a personal complaint

Although getting the trace number very late was a bit of a pain in the *ss, since I was wondering when the h*ll my €150 special edition would arrive, and I'm pretty sure I paid extra for "express" delivery..

But there is/was a thread with people in the UK with terrible experiences with a certain delivery "service" over there, and some people in other countries with less than expected/paid for delivery "service".
Link here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/945706-Has-your-pre-order-shipped-yet-(EMEA-regions) (39 pages, enjoy).

So, Ubisoft, in short, if you care, for the future:

1. Please don't lock stuff behind other apps/devices/multiplayer things. Don't really care if they (read: stuff) are necessary; some people (like me) just want to finish a game 100% without hassle.

2. Make sure people get (physical) stuff on time. If Steam can make a countdown counter, you probably can, too. That way you could make sure people won't launch the game before you wanted them to, and still have physical/special editions arrive on time and not make people wonder where their expensive packages went.

As far as bugs/performance issues go, hard to tell. Bugs will always exist. About some performance issues in this particular case, I'm pretty sure not everything can be tested/detected. Then again, I'm running this on a pretty expensive PC (+ € 2900 without the case, monitor, keyboard and mouse, bought in May this year) and still see some weird GPU usage issues along with framedrops, so then there's that..

strigoi1958
11-26-2014, 11:32 PM
Some people who say they want it to run properly mean they want it to work on a system below specification so they will still complain anyway. It seems Ubi have listened and given out free stuff but there will still be people complain.

The game is good but I wish I could just hide those awful yellow and blue chests. I've turned off the rift guide and companion app in the options menu. I don'y mind added stuff in game as long as it is optional for it to be displayed. I won't download the DLC as the game was good enough for me and I've moved on.

@dnameless1

1. yes it shouldn't even be in the game it should be a dlc for those who want to spend hours outside the game to get extra items.

2. I think Ubi should email you your sku so you can preload the game by downloading it, just in case the physical stuff doesn't arrive in time

wootwoots
11-26-2014, 11:40 PM
Cant deny its a nice commercial move to do that to thoses who bought the gold pass thing.
Also, admiting that this game have tons of trouble is a honest atitude tho, can only respect that

But, offering compensation + apology will be "real" if they work like they should have done from the begning and finish their game :
stability / framerate / real engine optimization ( and not the crap actual "unity engine" in beta phase ).. bug.. online... maybe quite their crap app, solve club locked gear and much more....

Because, if its to do apologies, give a compensation for the gold pass stuff.. and let down the game like that... this move would worth nothing....

NightmareGK13
11-27-2014, 03:45 AM
In the Season Pass youtube video, Alex Amancio talked about a DLC that included 30 pieces of armor. Most of them are things you get from preordering, but I think a few are all new. I hope there's the outfit of the guy with the gun on the cover

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83gmiey7S7w

They only mention the Dead Kings campaign, nothing about the extra equipment... which personally i would like to see added as well but somehow doubt it :\

EnosKP
11-27-2014, 04:38 AM
I just hope season ticket owners won't have more issues/bugs/difficulties when trying to get those free games.....

Diarmuid_III
11-27-2014, 04:55 AM
Some people who say they want it to run properly mean they want it to work on a system below specification so they will still complain anyway. It seems Ubi have listened and given out free stuff but there will still be people complain.

The game is good but I wish I could just hide those awful yellow and blue chests. I've turned off the rift guide and companion app in the options menu. I don'y mind added stuff in game as long as it is optional for it to be displayed. I won't download the DLC as the game was good enough for me and I've moved on.

@dnameless1

1. yes it shouldn't even be in the game it should be a dlc for those who want to spend hours outside the game to get extra items.

2. I think Ubi should email you your sku so you can preload the game by downloading it, just in case the physical stuff doesn't arrive in time

The Irony strigoi958 I am running Unity on a lower than spec minimum requirements GPU. I don't have any issues with the gameplay. I can overlook the glitches and put that down to teething problems. What irks me is that I paid for something that everyone else is going to get, say 50% of it for free, plus a 'free" game. I don't want what's on offer. Those who have bought the season pass should be given other options e.g. a partial refund or credit towards future games they might want.

playlisting
11-27-2014, 05:10 AM
It's a good way to go about it. Ubisoft had to do something as there was such a colossal amount of sh*t being thrown at them due to how buggy and unoptimised it was. They could have just publicly apologised, but they went the extra mile and are now literally giving away free stuff as recompense. Season pass holders get an entirely new game free of charge! Seems like people getting their message across through their wallets has made Ubi listen.

USAdystopia
11-27-2014, 06:50 AM
Several of the users will experience better performance WITHOUT BEING COGNIZANT OF THE REASONS WHY BY:

going to the Control Panel/Power Options and changing to HIGH PERFORMANCE.

Changing ALL power controls (including SSDs) anywhere to High Performance.

Disabling ULPS.

Reading and implementing: Windows 7 (8) Optimization Guide

The SSD Optimization Guide

Both found on: thessdreview

Blueknight89
11-27-2014, 07:03 AM
i hope they add assassin creed rogue in free game list , not interested in the crew , and already own farcry and blackflag

Ryan.leKaiz
11-27-2014, 07:33 AM
Guys if u want to have ACR in the list (might be added an extra amount $), post here to speak your words http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/960437-An-Update-on-Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed-Unity-from-Yannis-Mallat
Ubisoft wont read your here, but that pinned thread

mirage357
11-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Well seeing as people didn't read the pinned thread very carefully I'll just go repeat myself again but in this thread.

You do realize that the deal for SP owners is not cross platform so seeing as Rogue is currently PS3 and 360 only, with no official release date for it on PC the likely hood of Rogue becoming an option is basically zip. Plus would you really want a ported copy of Rogue?

strigoi1958
11-27-2014, 02:00 PM
Well seeing as people didn't read the pinned thread very carefully I'll just go repeat myself again but in this thread.

You do realize that the deal for SP owners is not cross platform so seeing as Rogue is currently PS3 and 360 only, with no official release date for it on PC the likely hood of Rogue becoming an option is basically zip. Plus would you really want a ported copy of Rogue?

Yes please ... I don't know what ported means to other people and I don't care... a game can come from a nintendo for all I care I'm not bothered about a games origins just about can I buy it and play it and Rogue is definitely coming to PC and I'm looking forward to it as it links previous AC games together.

If Ubi want to give a discount to SP's and exclusive limited edition owners I'm all for that as well... even though I'm not one