PDA

View Full Version : Dead Kings DLC available for free

Aphex_Tim
11-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Just read a facebook update by the official AC page that to apologize for the messy launch and all the bugs, and to thank us for our support, Dead Kings is going to be made available for free for everyone! People who bought the season pass get to choose one of six ubisoft games instead!

Edit: Here's the article in Engrish ;)
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-186654-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Rafe Harwood
11-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Aswell not instead ;)

del170109032657
11-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Here is our Assassin’s Creed Unity update from Yannis Mallat in English: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-186654-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Also, here is the FAQ: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-186650-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

pacmanate
11-26-2014, 07:48 PM
.... Nice checking for threads Tim :p

Aphex_Tim
11-26-2014, 07:51 PM
:p I read the post and decided it was my time to shine on the forums! Did a quick ctrl+f for Dead Kings and nothing came up!
But I forgot this is the internet and that someone always beats you to everything!

rob1990312
11-26-2014, 07:55 PM
is dead kings out or is it coming out in the next couple of months

MontrossXGMR
11-26-2014, 07:56 PM
so is the Dead Kings DLC available to download right now? Or is it free to download once it actually comes out?

I have regained a lot of respect for Ubisoft for doing this......it shows that they make an effort to keep customers happy and listen to the issues

del170109032657
11-26-2014, 07:56 PM
is dead kings out or is it coming out in the next couple of months

We have not yet announced a release date for this DLC, but it is coming soon.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-26-2014, 07:59 PM
It would have been nicer if they had made Unity a better (more finished) game, but I guess a free DLC is better than nothing.

I'm glad I didn't get a season pass, because Ubisoft doesn't have any other games I like, apart from the ones I already own.

They had still better keep fixing the bugs and gameplay issues.

PedroAntonio2
11-26-2014, 08:00 PM
So they are apologized for the glitchs and bugs, but not for the story ? Or the main character ? Or the horrible ending they gave to the game ?

Rafe Harwood
11-26-2014, 08:06 PM
So they are apologized for the glitchs and bugs, but not for the story ? Or the main character ? Or the horrible ending they gave to the game ?

They appologised for their mistakes and problems. You can't expect them to appologise for things they intended :/

Pr0metheus 1962
11-26-2014, 08:07 PM

If they apologized for that stuff, they would essentially be admitting that the game as a whole is mediocre (I agree, it is, but Ubisoft are never going to admit it). Bugs and glitches can be fixed. The story really can't (although they could - AND SHOULD - change the ending like Bioware did for Mass Effect 3).

Rafe Harwood
11-26-2014, 08:09 PM
If they apologized for that stuff, they would essentially be admitting that the game as a whole is mediocre (I agree, it is, but Ubisoft are never going to admit it). Bugs and glitches can be fixed. The story really can't (although they could - AND SHOULD - change the ending like Bioware did for Mass Effect 3).

The ME3 ending never should have been changed. It was perfect as it was. Just a lot of people couldn't make the connections to understand the ending ;)

Junguler
11-26-2014, 08:12 PM
i don't want no free dlc, just fix the frame rate and remove the horrible campanion app, initiates and microtransactions then i'll buy it. if not i'm just gonna ignore ubisoft from now on.
locking content out of a 60 dollar game is the most disgusting thing i've ever seen.

VestigialLlama4
11-26-2014, 08:13 PM
It would have been nicer if they had made Unity a better (more finished) game, but I guess a free DLC is better than nothing.

I kind of predicted that they would do this. It's still a way to attract people to buy their stuff. Buy UNITY, get Free DLC. Buy the game where they still haven't fixed all the glitches yet to get a DLC that may or may not have the same(maybe new) problems. Anyway, I am not too keen on DEAD KINGS, seems to me little more than an enlarged Assassin Tomb Mission. The only Assassin DLC that I liked was Tyranny of Washington which was an insane premise that they kind of should have done more with, but it was totally worth the price. I was hoping for something equally wild, like say, Playable Napoleon(he has actual descendants still living and it would have been cool to use that to explore his DNA in the Animus).

JustPlainQuirky
11-26-2014, 08:15 PM
can we get a release date for the dead kings dlc now?

Billiam301
11-26-2014, 08:16 PM
all that you have listed are opinionated, I actually liked the story xP they apologised for all the actual flaws in the game

PedroAntonio2
11-26-2014, 08:17 PM
They could at least say something like '' We apologize for the bugs and glitches, but above all...we are really sorry about the lack of quality in our storytelling. We promise that our future games will have professional writers and a coerehnt plot. We also hired Hideo Kojima to write the next few games alongside Patrice Désilets. We can confirm that Jesper Kyd and Hans Zimmer are going to compose the soundtrack in the next three AC games, because we are going to make a trilogy to end Juno's Arc and finally have a proper modern day segment with a lot of action and stealth. ''

Okay, that part about Kojima and the rest was just me dreaming about a better world.

ColdBloodedVet
11-26-2014, 08:18 PM
And I was going to buy the season pass Friday.. :(

del170109032657
11-26-2014, 08:20 PM
can we get a release date for the dead kings dlc now?

JustPlainQuirky
11-26-2014, 08:21 PM

alright. thanks.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-26-2014, 08:24 PM
The ME3 ending never should have been changed. It was perfect as it was. Just a lot of people couldn't make the connections to understand the ending ;)

I never bought Mass Effect 3 (never could deal with the fact that Bioware changed the sex of the Revan character in KotOR2, so it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth for Bioware games). I just know they changed the ending.

Hawker1988
11-26-2014, 08:26 PM
So what happens to AC China then? I'm not a season pass owner, was going to buy one this weekend. But seeing as it's no longer on sale I can't. Was mainly going to get it for the China game. Will this be released as a separate title now?

Pr0metheus 1962
11-26-2014, 08:28 PM
I am not too keen on DEAD KINGS, seems to me little more than an enlarged Assassin Tomb Mission.

I agree with you. The tomb missions were always the parts of AC I hated the most. So I doubt I'll be getting Dead Kings, even if it's free. But for those who like that stuff, I suppose it's some consolation for being shafted.

PedroAntonio2
11-26-2014, 08:29 PM
I never bought Mass Effect 3. I just know they changed the ending.

The ending didn't actually sucked, but it was very mediocre...just like ACU's ending. And Bioware produced the Extended Cut that just added a few more cutscenes and information to the original three endings, thank God that when I played ME3 I had already downloaded this Extended Cut and I found the ending to be very epic

Ubisoft could at least do a DLC to answer some of the questions about what happened after the ACU ending, I hope Dead Kings answer all of them.

bitebug2003
11-26-2014, 09:00 PM
Trophies are live for Dead Kings once you've installed the patch

Rafe Harwood
11-26-2014, 09:09 PM
The ending didn't actually sucked, but it was very mediocre...just like ACU's ending. And Bioware produced the Extended Cut that just added a few more cutscenes and information to the original three endings, thank God that when I played ME3 I had already downloaded this Extended Cut and I found the ending to be very epic

Ubisoft could at least do a DLC to answer some of the questions about what happened after the ACU ending, I hope Dead Kings answer all of them.

What needs to be remembered, is ME3 was the final part of the Sheppard story. Effectively the end of ME.

ACU is not the end of AC. It is the beginning of a new way of doing things (apparently lol)

Endings should never be changed just to suit what a few people think, or even a large number of people. The story is what the story is. It is not for us to decide where the story goes, just to go along for the ride ;)

JustPlainQuirky
11-26-2014, 09:14 PM
Trophies are live for Dead Kings once you've installed the patch

omigosh really?

*goes to check*

cawatrooper9
11-26-2014, 09:14 PM

Glitches and bugs are pretty objective. Your other complaints are not. Why would they apologize for something merely you personally did not find it appealing?

Pr0metheus 1962
11-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Endings should never be changed just to suit what a few people think, or even a large number of people. The story is what the story is. It is not for us to decide where the story goes, just to go along for the ride ;)

Balderdash. If a story sucks this badly, it needs to be changed. Writers aren't any more infallible than the rest of us. Travis Stout is no Charles D!ckens and Unity is no Tale of Two Cities.

And really, Ubisoft - I'm not allowed to say Charles D!ckens? Your swear filter sucks! There are nasty words that don't even get caught, yet perfectly ordinary names like D!ckens do? Are you fricken kidding me?

VestigialLlama4
11-26-2014, 09:20 PM
I agree with you. The tomb missions were always the parts of AC I hated the most. So I doubt I'll be getting Dead Kings, even if it's free. But for those who like that stuff, I suppose it's some consolation for being shafted.

I actually do like the Tomb Missions and I think that the fact that they didn't bring it back for ACU despite the great opportunities in Paris is sad.

I just don't think its unique enough for an entire DLC campaign, however Next-Gen and large they make it, it's still a single Tomb Mission. For me generally, the DLC in most cases is something that should be part of the game itself and in a lot of the earlier titles they remove it or keep it back for cynical reasons. Like in AC2, two whole sequences were kept back for DLC while the Auditore Family Crypt(which was mentioned by Mario Auditore and reappears in brotherhood) is cynically kept being a Uplay Code, that forces you to join it. That's a vital part of the entire story kept back for "transmedia". I bought the game in the Game of the Year edition so I had the complete story but I can imagine how gamers must have felt shafted if two whole parts of the story went missing.

The Tyranny DLC was interesting in that like Undead Nightmare it was wacky enough to be separate from the main game while still telling a cool story that uses the DLC to provide something extra. In Black Flag, they gave us Freedom Cry which is a cool, dark game. I wished they made a second one and gave us what Darby McDevitt promised was the other idea of Mary Read/James Kidd DLC since I think that was a great chance to play as an actual historical figure. For UNITY DLC, they have a great chance to give us Playable Napoleon but alas...no guts no glory.

VestigialLlama4
11-26-2014, 09:26 PM
I actually do like the Tomb Missions and I think that the fact that they didn't bring it back for ACU despite the great opportunities in Paris is sad.

I just don't think its unique enough for an entire DLC campaign, however Next-Gen and large they make it, it's still a single Tomb Mission. For me generally, the DLC in most cases is something that should be part of the game itself and in a lot of the earlier titles they remove it or keep it back for cynical reasons. Like in AC2, two whole sequences were kept back for DLC while the Auditore Family Crypt(which was mentioned by Mario Auditore and reappears in brotherhood) is cynically kept being a Uplay Code, that forces you to join it. That's a vital part of the entire story kept back for "transmedia". I bought the game in the Game of the Year edition so I had the complete story but I can imagine how gamers must have felt shafted if two whole parts of the story went missing.

The Tyranny DLC was interesting in that like Undead Nightmare it was wacky enough to be separate from the main game while still telling a cool story that uses the DLC to provide something extra. In Black Flag, they gave us Freedom Cry which is a cool, dark game. I wished they made a second one and gave us what Darby McDevitt promised was the other idea of Mary Read/James Kidd DLC since I think that was a great chance to play as an actual historical figure. For UNITY DLC, they have a great chance to give us Playable Napoleon but alas...no guts no glory.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/assassins-creed-unity/achievements/

And to further prove what I argued against DLC holding back content that should be in the game. The DLC has 7 Achievements and the Last one is
Peace of Eden 100
Complete Memory Sequence 13.

So, in other words, this is still part of the main story. Well at least they gave it for Free.

Rafe Harwood
11-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Balderdash. If a story sucks this badly, it needs to be changed. Writers aren't any more infallible than the rest of us. Travis Stout is no Charles D!ckens and Unity is no Tale of Two Cities.

And really, Ubisoft - I'm not allowed to say Charles D!ckens? Your swear filter sucks!
lol @ swear filter :D

I cannot say for sure because I have not yet even got my hands on a copy, let alone finished it.

But... if you want Frodo to keep the ring, you don't get Tolkien to rewrite the LOTR.

If you want Beetlejuice to be a fairy, you don't get them to rewrite the movie.

You pay to be entertained. Some people will be, some won't. It's the great thing about individuality. Some times we have to put up with 'what we see' as mediocrity because someone else sees it as cool.

Personally, I will never watch Pulp Fiction because it is not my thing, but a lot of people liked it... apparently ;)

HOWEVER... I do not know 'why' you don't like the story so...

EscoBlades
11-26-2014, 09:31 PM
lol @ swear filter :D

I cannot say for sure because I have not yet even got my hands on a copy, let alone finished it.

But... if you want Frodo to keep the ring, you don't get Tolkien to rewrite the LOTR.

If you want Beetlejuice to be a fairy, you don't get them to rewrite the movie.

You pay to be entertained. Some people will be, some won't. It's the great thing about individuality. Some times we have to put up with 'what we see' as mediocrity because someone else sees it as cool.

Personally, I will never watch Pulp Fiction because it is not my thing, but a lot of people liked it... apparently ;)

HOWEVER... I do not know 'why' you don't like the story so...

Great post. Explains exactly how personal opinion and taste works.

XavierSaviour
11-26-2014, 09:37 PM
I appreciate and respect Ubisoft for at least making an effort to make-up for their mistakes by giving us Dead Kings for free and a free Ubisoft game for us Season Pass holders. I am excited I get an amazing game - Far Cry 4 out of this ****-up.

wvstolzing
11-26-2014, 09:42 PM
What needs to be remembered, is ME3 was the final part of the Sheppard story. Effectively the end of ME.

ACU is not the end of AC. It is the beginning of a new way of doing things (apparently lol)

Good point. And let's not get into the ME3 debacle at all.

I was one of the rabid fans over at BioWare forums back when it first erupted. ***I still haven't finished ACU (taking my time, just freeroaming); so I don't know what the actual ending looks like*** BUT for ACU's ending even to be comparable to that of ME3, it would have to be something along these lines:

(final scene, which would have to involve Arno, I suppose)
[ENTER a ghostlike character. It looks like a kid, but not quite; it's more of a shrunken version of the thug chasing Arno in the opening scene (get it?)]
Ghost: Glad you could make it here, Arno.
Arno: What ... who are you? Why do you glow so white; is this a hiding spot?
Ghost: I'm the Helix; you were connected to me the whole time.
Arno: What? How does that make any sense? How did I get here, anyway? I had to parkour my way, in slow motion, through a forest; then there came a beam of light,
Ghost: Pay attention. Here, you have a choice of three cupcakes. Eat the red cupcake, and all the gaming consoles in the world explode
Arno: ... and where's the magic gun I was holding a moment ago?
Ghost: [Impatient] Eat the blue cupcake, and you get a free DLC;
Arno: What's a DLC? Hey! Where's my armor? Why are my clothes in tatters?
Ghost: [Raising voice; intoning slowly] Eat - the - Green - Cupcake, and everyone in the world gets to have triple-helix DNA.
Arno: Do I also get to jump into a beam of light with my arms outstretched, in a pathetically banal attempt to mimic that guy whose magic beach towel THEY TOOK?
Ghost: Sure thing.

[Quicktime event]

[Roll credits]

harsab
11-26-2014, 09:44 PM
wooooooo this has made my day even though the bugs & glitches were hardly annoying me...making dead kings free is amazing :D

Also that last achievement ''piece of eden'' WOOOOO.

Looking forward to this. Hopefully some First Civ stuff...only thing that lacked in unity tbh.

VestigialLlama4
11-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Good point. And let's not get into the ME3 debacle at all.

I was one of the rabid fans over at BioWare forums back when it first erupted. ***I still haven't finished ACU (taking my time, just freeroaming); so I don't know what the actual ending looks like*** BUT for ACU's ending even to be comparable to that of ME3, it would have to be something along these lines:

(final scene, which would have to involve Arno, I suppose)
[ENTER a ghostlike character. It looks like a kid, but not quite; it's more of a shrunken version of the thug chasing Arno in the opening scene (get it?)]
Ghost: Glad you could make it here, Arno.
Arno: What ... who are you? Why do you glow so white; is this a hiding spot?
Ghost: I'm the Helix; you were connected to me the whole time.
Arno: What? How does that make any sense? How did I get here, anyway? I had to parkour my way, in slow motion, through a forest; then there came a beam of light,
Ghost: Pay attention. Here, you have a choice of three cupcakes. Eat the red cupcake, and all the gaming consoles in the world explode
Arno: ... and where's the magic gun I was holding a moment ago?
Ghost: [Impatient] Eat the blue cupcake, and you get a free DLC;
Arno: What's a DLC? Hey! Where's my armor? Why are my clothes in tatters?
Ghost: [Raising voice; intoning slowly] Eat - the - Green - Cupcake, and everyone in the world gets to have triple-helix DNA.
Arno: Do I also get to jump into a beam of light with my arms outstretched, in a pathetically banal attempt to mimic that guy whose magic beach towel THEY TOOK?
Ghost: Sure thing.

[Quicktime event]

[Roll credits]

You know while there is no choice element involved, the ending does have similarities. Arno communes with a ghost who talks vaguely while Arno is confused and then you get told that the modern day quest was pointless anyway.

One thing I appreciate about Assassin's Creed is the absence of the choice mechanic(and the fact that the metaphor of the gameplay design and structure means it can never really be implement), a really pathetic and lazy excuse for storytelling that people confuse mistakenly as a legitimate storytelling idea.

Megas_Doux
11-26-2014, 09:50 PM
Dead kings is likely -I hope- going to explain:

What happened during those years of time skip: How is that Arno got back to the brotherhood. Why both he and Napoleon are together in the catacombs and why not, the Rise of Napoleon.....

In regards of changing the story despite the fact I am not pretty fond of it, is PRETTY hard to do it for " a better one". There are MANY possibilities and people might still be angry about it.

wvstolzing
11-26-2014, 10:08 PM
You know while there is no choice element involved, the ending does have similarities. Arno communes with a ghost who talks vaguely while Arno is confused and then you get told that the modern day quest was pointless anyway.

Gasp ... I was only joking. And that 'hidden Juno dialogue' is evidence that the similarities are substantial.

RzaRecta357
11-26-2014, 10:11 PM
Heh I'm pumped for this.

I bought Assassin's Creed which I love more than anything. I bought the season pass for another game AND an awesome after story, story DLC.

Awesome.

The game comes out glitchy. Nothing that bugs me besides falling through the earth once. Maybe it's my 50 down and 30 up connection but my frames never got that bad.

Now I find out I get The Crew for free and I still get my DLC? BONUS! Win win win!

HDinHB
11-26-2014, 10:15 PM
:p I read the post and decided it was my time to shine on the forums! Did a quick ctrl+f for Dead Kings and nothing came up!
But I forgot this is the internet and that someone always beats you to everything!

I saw yours first, so that's all that matters. :)

When they said "free game," I expected a "select list" of old games, I expected a list of old games, like Far Cry 2 or maybe Far Cry 3 at best. I didn't even expect Black Flag. But it's not a bad list.

Am I eligible to receive a free Ubisoft game?

If you purchased the Season Pass or Assassin’s Creed Unity Gold Edition (which includes the Season Pass), you are eligible to choose one free game from among a select list of Ubisoft titles.* These are:

The Crew
Far Cry 4
Watch Dogs
Assassin’s Creed Black Flag
Rayman Legends
Just Dance 2015

They said they will (or have) stopped selling the season pass. Does that mean the Shao Jun DLC won't be available? Or can it still be purchased separately?

Edit:
Twitter has the answer:

Ubisoft Support @UbisoftSupport ˇ 37m 37 minutes ago

The Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China DLC will be available later for purchase. [L]

RzaRecta357
11-26-2014, 10:22 PM
The game is being made so obviously they're going to be selling it for like a Child of Light price. Season pass holders just get it for free and I assume we still do. To make up for the issues they're giving everyone Dead Kings... Because everyone had the issues.

However that's unfair to season pass adopters so they're also giving them a free game. Easy peasy!

Billiam301
11-26-2014, 10:27 PM
I wish they offered AC rogue as a free game, I already own all the games I have an interest in on the given list :/

JustPlainQuirky
11-26-2014, 10:27 PM
I wish they offered AC rogue as a free game, I already own all the games I have an interest in on the given list :/

That would be awesome. I really want AC Rogue on steam.

AeneaGames
11-26-2014, 10:36 PM
What I'm wondering about is the text "get the SP and get 30% off on additional content" which means if you wanted the extra big DLC stuff you would have to pay around $40, probably $20 a pop. One would be the China game, the other the Dead Kings DLC I assume?

So we are now getting the Dead Kings DLC for free, saving us $10 or $20 depending on how you look at it, but what about the rest of the stuff included in the SP? There was some small DLC pack out yesterday, a weapons pack for $3 that they said was included in the SP as well and what about the other additional Paris content (some of which was included in the Limited Edition)? Will that cost a few bucks as well if you didn't buy the SP?

To me it kinda looks like this:

1) you didn't buy the SP yet, but did buy the game for $60 and are gonna buy, say The Crew, for $60, you want that China game which probably will cost $20 as they planned all along, the weapons pack for $3 and some of the other stuff for say $3 as well. This means I would spend $146.
If they wouldn't cancel the SP at all and I would have bought the SP and The Crew I would have spent: $150. So basically I'm saving a whopping $4????

2) you did buy the SP, you wanted The Crew as well which is now free, you spent: $60 + $30 = $90 instead of the initial $150 you thought you would need to spend, Now that is a $60 savings!

For the 1) people this really does NOT seem like a good deal at all!

king-hailz
11-26-2014, 10:42 PM
This is freaking awesome news... i just hope dead kings, like the past 2 games, is better than the actual game... i actually preferred Tyranny of king Washington more than AC3! I also preferred Freedom Cry's story to AC4!

wvstolzing
11-26-2014, 10:43 PM
For the 1) people this really does NOT seem like a good deal at all!

Yes, but they can't reasonably be asked to cover all *counterfactual* cases.

I was going to get the season pass, which I 'let pass' (haha) for a while; and these days I've been debating with myself whether to get Far Cry 4. So I'm somewhat 'worse off'; though I can't possibly blame that on anyone.

AeneaGames
11-26-2014, 10:57 PM
Yes, but they can't reasonably be asked to cover all *counterfactual* cases.

I was going to get the season pass, which I 'let pass' (haha) for a while; and these days I've been debating with myself whether to get Far Cry 4. So I'm somewhat 'worse off'; though I can't possibly blame that on anyone.

Yeah well that is my whole point!

I think that the China game will be available for $20, the weapons pack is avail now for $3, the additional paris content am sure they are going to sell that as well, if they ask $7 for that nonsense you still spent $30 to get all the content which was included in the SP anyways.

So basically it wouldn't matter financially, EXCEPT that the people who did get the SP get a free $60 game and we don't!

Even if they now make the weapons pack free for everyone, the Paris content as well and the China game too, we still are out $30 more than the SP buyers...

Honestly that I would be okay with, would save me $30 that I don't have to spend even though I thought I would and the people who got the SP and thus took an even higher risk save $60, but somehow I think it won't save me any money at all in the end and if it does it will be at most $10...

And yeah, I didn't get the SP yet, wanted them to fix the game first so I'm in the same boat as you.

harsab
11-26-2014, 11:04 PM
I Wish i bought the season pass now...i really want far cry 4 for free :( even though I'm probably going to buy it in the next few weeks lol

Rafe Harwood
11-26-2014, 11:34 PM
Yeah well that is my whole point!

I think that the China game will be available for $20, the weapons pack is avail now for $3, the additional paris content am sure they are going to sell that as well, if they ask $7 for that nonsense you still spent $30 to get all the content which was included in the SP anyways.

So basically it wouldn't matter financially, EXCEPT that the people who did get the SP get a free $60 game and we don't!

Even if they now make the weapons pack free for everyone, the Paris content as well and the China game too, we still are out $30 more than the SP buyers...

Honestly that I would be okay with, would save me $30 that I don't have to spend even though I thought I would and the people who got the SP and thus took an even higher risk save $60, but somehow I think it won't save me any money at all in the end and if it does it will be at most $10...

And yeah, I didn't get the SP yet, wanted them to fix the game first so I'm in the same boat as you.

I think you are looking at it from a totaly greedy aspect.

The free game is by way of saying sorry to those loyal enough to get the season pass before they knew what on earth was going on.

Getting the season pass 'after' the problems are fixed doesn't show loyalty, that's just common sense.

I say kudos to ubi for doing it and well done to all those season pass holders who will benefit.

You are getting the dlc free so quit whining about not getting your freebie lol

Sejdovic11
11-26-2014, 11:36 PM
It would be much better if they would unlock the content in game, so that you would not have to grind with companion app and that stuff. I think that's fair enough to say that I unlocked my in-game content by purchasing game for full price... But it's better than nothing I guess...

dxsxhxcx
11-26-2014, 11:37 PM

The free game is by way of saying sorry to those loyal enough to get the season pass before they knew what on earth was going on.

Getting the season pass 'after' the problems are fixed doesn't show loyalty, that's just common sense.

I say kudos to ubi for doing it and well done to all those season pass holders who will benefit.

weren't they looking at it from a greedy aspect when they decided to release this game at this state? I bet they wouldn't be apologizing and giving things for free if they had released the game at this state and no one were complaining like they were...

Rafe Harwood
11-26-2014, 11:46 PM
weren't they looking at it from a greedy aspect when they decided to release this game at this state?

Now you are being daft.

We are all getting a freebie (and I don't even have a console to play the thing on let alone the game itself!)

And you want more? I guess this is the way of the world.

I nickname everyone, I think you just became Oliver ;)

AeneaGames
11-27-2014, 12:35 AM

Oh nope, I'm not greedy, I can buy the games I want no problem, what I'm sorta worried about is that they have this amazing deal for people who did get the SP and pretend that it's also amazing for the people who didn't get the SP who in the end still get to pay the same amount to get all the content anyways as the SP would've cost them.

Both groups of people received an unfinished game, both groups of people should get something in return! That the people who already bought the SP get more in return I'm totally fine with (as I wrote in my previous post what you apparently missed), but something tells me that the people who didn't are not getting any compensation whatsoever even tho Ubisoft makes it look like you do!

AeneaGames
11-27-2014, 12:41 AM
We are all getting a freebie (and I don't even have a console to play the thing on let alone the game itself!)

And you want more? I guess this is the way of the world.

Yes they say we get the DLC for free, they also say the non-SP owners will NOT get the China game, the Weapons Pack and the additional Paris content, those will remain SP only. The Weapons Pack is available for sale right now, the China game will be in the future as well as mentioned somewhere else on this forum and am even sure they will make the extra Paris content available too.

My question is, what will they ask for the China game and the extra Paris content and added with the Weapons pack how close will it be to the original SP price of $30??

If the price, added up, will be $30 or close to it, the non-SP owners would've been out the same amount of money as simply getting the SP earlier...

Rafe Harwood
11-27-2014, 12:43 AM
Both groups of people received an unfinished game, both groups of people should get something in return! That the people who already bought the SP get more in return I'm totally fine with (as I wrote in my previous post what you apparently missed), but something tells me that the people who didn't are not getting any compensation whatsoever even tho Ubisoft makes it look like you do!

Ok, I will concede that people who already have the sp get the biggest bonus (rightly as we agree), the people who are not going to get the extra pieces also benefit because they get a bonus piece.
The people who would have gotten the sp later, or who will now have to get the pieces seperately don't get a lot out of it.

Let's hope they reduce the price of those pieces individually then, although that's dubious as to whether they will.

DargonisDufaux
11-27-2014, 01:07 AM
honestly i saw the list of free titles for season pass purchasers and none of them i dont have appeal to me, the ones that do i have already purchased and played, is there some way i can get a refund of sorts? a coupon for half off my next assassins creed title or something for a free season pass for that next title.. heck even some extra dlc that is new for unity

AeneaGames
11-27-2014, 01:07 AM
Ok, I will concede that people who already have the sp get the biggest bonus (rightly as we agree), the people who are not going to get the extra pieces also benefit because they get a bonus piece.
The people who would have gotten the sp later, or who will now have to get the pieces seperately don't get a lot out of it.

Let's hope they reduce the price of those pieces individually then, although that's dubious as to whether they will.

Yup, I doubt the total cost of the additional stuff is going to be all that low, more than likely going to be between $20 and $30 (honestly, I believe it's gonna be $30 or really close to it) so even though it looks like we get something for free it doesn't amount to much anyways if you were planning on buying the SP in the future...

Pr0metheus 1962
11-27-2014, 01:21 AM
People who bought the season pass and who were going to buy one of the games Ubisoft were offering are getting a good deal, if they enjoy their free game.

People who were going to buy the Dead Kings DLC may think they are getting a deal, but the reality is they are still in negative territory moneywise if they are not enjoying Unity.

Those of us who have already finished Unity and who aren't interested in the Dead Kings DLC and who didn't buy the season pass are still screwed, because we still paid $60 for an unfinished and poor quality game. Ubisoft aren't doing a damned thing for us.

So if you're happy with what you're getting, that's great, for you. But don't assume that because you're happy, everyone else should be too.

luknbwui
11-27-2014, 01:29 AM
I have noticed there are new outfits and weapons in Unity now. Here are some I took pics of (potato quality sorry)

http://m.imgur.com/a/f41hj

And there are more if you check weapons. There is also a section for guillotine guns, with about 6 or 7 guns in it. No new guns, but there are more in long weapons and spears. I could not find any armor, but I think there are some.

(Sorry for duplicates of outfits)

wvstolzing
11-27-2014, 01:30 AM
I doubt that the China Chronicles DLC will be more than $12.

wvstolzing
11-27-2014, 01:32 AM
I have noticed there are new outfits and weapons in Unity now. Here are some I took pics of (potato quality sorry)

http://m.imgur.com/a/f41hj

And there are more if you check weapons. There is also a section for guillotine guns, with about 6 or 7 guns in it. No new guns, but there are more in long weapons and spears. I could not find any armor, but I think there are some.

(Sorry for duplicates of outfits)

Thanks for the pictures.

Though this is yet more stuff showcased, ***which no one can purchase/equip as of yet***.

Layytez
11-27-2014, 01:48 AM
New outfits and weapons ? Very nice.

GoldenBoy9999
11-27-2014, 01:56 AM
Thank you you so much Ubisoft! :o I can hardly believe my eyes. I was happy for others when you said Dead Kings was free, but I was thrilled when it said I would get a free game as a SP owner. I was excited to get Valiant Hearts or something as a rough estimate of half of the SP price but I was absolutely shocked when I saw Far Cry 4 and other huge Ubisoft games on the list. I was going to get Far Cry 4 for Christmas but that has all changed...

I didn't ask for this, but thanks guys for saying things like, "give me a refund for this broken game". Ubisoft doesn't seem to mind it. So I have: everything in the season pass, a game that I'm enjoying greatly, and a HUGE AAA game that will be absolutely amazing that I get for seemingly no reason.

As for you guys saying you still have a broken game, you have every right to. But, don't forget that Ubisoft is still fixing Unity with patches. They just released Patch 3 which will hopefully fix many things and I am personally looking forward to downloading the patch tonight.

I'm glad Ubisoft sees how it should reward its customers who are loyal enough to buy a Season Pass so early. Thanks again Ubisoft, and I hope to see other moves like this in the future for everyone's sake.

Journey93
11-27-2014, 02:23 AM
still doesn't make up for a terrible game
Dead Kings should have been already in the SP instead we got a ****ty ending with a freaking teaser to buy Dead Kings

Infinitefinite
11-27-2014, 02:24 AM
I appreciate and respect Ubisoft for at least making an effort to make-up for their mistakes by giving us Dead Kings for free and a free Ubisoft game for us Season Pass holders. I am excited I get an amazing game - Far Cry 4 out of this ****-up.

Lol same, going to get far cry 4 for xb1 from this compensation.

Infinitefinite
11-27-2014, 02:31 AM
Thank you you so much Ubisoft! :o I can hardly believe my eyes. I was happy for others when you said Dead Kings was free, but I was thrilled when it said I would get a free game as a SP owner. I was excited to get Valiant Hearts or something as a rough estimate of half of the SP price but I was absolutely shocked when I saw Far Cry 4 and other huge Ubisoft games on the list. I was going to get Far Cry 4 for Christmas but that has all changed...

I didn't ask for this, but thanks guys for saying things like, "give me a refund for this broken game". Ubisoft doesn't seem to mind it. So I have: everything in the season pass, a game that I'm enjoying greatly, and a HUGE AAA game that will be absolutely amazing that I get for seemingly no reason.

As for you guys saying you still have a broken game, you have every right to. But, don't forget that Ubisoft is still fixing Unity with patches. They just released Patch 3 which will hopefully fix many things and I am personally looking forward to downloading the patch tonight.

I'm glad Ubisoft sees how it should reward its customers who are loyal enough to buy a Season Pass so early. Thanks again Ubisoft, and I hope to see other moves like this in the future for everyone's sake.

i was shocked too to see far cry 4 and the crew on there. i wanted the crew too but think ima go for far cry 4 for now.

Journey93
11-27-2014, 02:33 AM
People who bought the season pass and who were going to buy one of the games Ubisoft were offering are getting a good deal, if they enjoy their free game.

People who were going to buy the Dead Kings DLC may think they are getting a deal, but the reality is they are still in negative territory moneywise if they are not enjoying Unity.

Those of us who have already finished Unity and who aren't interested in the Dead Kings DLC and who didn't buy the season pass are still screwed, because we still paid $60 for an unfinished and poor quality game. Ubisoft aren't doing a damned thing for us.

So if you're happy with what you're getting, that's great, for you. But don't assume that because you're happy, everyone else should be too.

I agree the terrible story and the boring *** protagonist isn't going to get better in Dead Kings
and even if they solve all the performance problems it still doesn'T make up for it instead they should have said that they will be taking a year off and be taking their time from now on
but nope greedy Ubisoft wouldn't admit that
so many Ubi fanboys here no wonder Unity is selling more than Black Flag despite being a crap game

Assassin_M
11-27-2014, 03:28 AM
I agree the terrible story and the boring *** protagonist isn't going to get better

so many Ubi fanboys here no wonder Unity is selling more than Black Flag despite being a crap game
Or maybe you kiddies don't understand subjectivity lel

Jdeadevil
11-27-2014, 04:02 AM
...we got a ****ty ending with a freaking teaser to buy Dead Kings

You kidding me? ... *Smashes PS4 and storms out screaming "**** modern gaming"

Xstantin
11-27-2014, 04:16 AM
I'd say murder mysteries alone were better stories than side quests from earlier games. Personally I had more fun there compared to let's say some of Homestead writing.

VestigialLlama4
11-27-2014, 06:14 AM
I'd say murder mysteries alone were better stories than side quests from earlier games. Personally I had more fun there compared to let's say some of Homestead writing.

Murder Mysteries in terms of gameplay was already present in AC3. You had all those missions of folklore which Connor investigated, picking up clues and investigating evidence and scenes. Then you had that mission, THE MAD DOCTOR'S HOUSE of the Captain Kidd Mission chain, where Connor picked up clues and reconstructed events. They also brought that back in the Tyranny Washington DLC.

And in any case, some of the murder mystery missions, especially THE ASSASSINATION OF MARAT is ''not'' a murder mystery at all, just an excuse to slander Marat's reputation by having you talk to everyone and learn what a jerk he was.

There is nothing new in Unity's side missions at all.

Goodfella112
11-27-2014, 06:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/K1NXyol.jpg

lol

VestigialLlama4
11-27-2014, 07:07 AM

lol

There really was a prisoner called the Man in the Iron Mask, although he had a mask of black velvet in reality. Nobody knows to this day who the guy is but a lot of people speculated on his identity with Voltaire and Dumas stating that he was Louis XIV's twin brother. That said Louis XIV's illegitimate son is a new theory altogether(and one that makes no sense since as an illegitimate kid he was never a threat to him).

The game is already one long nostalgia fest for the monarchy and cries tender tears for those poor aristocrats killed by evil revolutionaries, so why not another nostalgia fest in the tombs of royalist ancestors.

Derp43
11-27-2014, 07:24 AM
The game is already one long nostalgia fest for the monarchy and cries tender tears for those poor aristocrats killed by evil revolutionaries, so why not another nostalgia fest in the tombs of royalist ancestors.

You obviously haven't played the game, it does quite a bit of Nobility slandering.

wvstolzing
11-27-2014, 07:27 AM
Murder Mysteries in terms of gameplay was already present in AC3. You had all those missions of folklore which Connor investigated, picking up clues and investigating evidence and scenes. Then you had that mission, THE MAD DOCTOR'S HOUSE of the Captain Kidd Mission chain, where Connor picked up clues and reconstructed events. They also brought that back in the Tyranny Washington DLC.

Which, in turn, are variations on the Arkham formula, which is all too easy to be taken seriously in the first place (all the relevant clues *glowing* for no reason).

I'm curious whether the new Batman game improve upon that formula; the studio that did Arkham Origins tried some new things, but the Rocksteady people have confirmed that Origins' version of detective vision won't be in AK.

VestigialLlama4
11-27-2014, 08:09 AM
Which, in turn, are variations on the Arkham formula, which is all too easy to be taken seriously in the first place (all the relevant clues *glowing* for no reason).

I'm curious whether the new Batman game improve upon that formula; the studio that did Arkham Origins tried some new things, but the Rocksteady people have confirmed that Origins' version of detective vision won't be in AK.

They made it a little more elaborate and detailed, and featured more missions, and also going backward and forward(it was actually kind of cool, one of the few neat touches in ORIGINS) but it felt more stylish in CITY, especially the Hush missions where you actually felt like a detective.

The main thing that AC3 introduced and furthered in UNITY was that during Connor's visions and reconstructions, he'd get glimpses of events that he did not see, which in UNITY became Arno's post-kill telepathy thing, but in AC3 was justified as Connor simply using eagle sense to reconstruct and figure out what happened. The side missions of UNITY are the worst yet in the franchise in terms of variety and gameplay, it's nothing like the earlier games.

You obviously haven't played the game, it does quite a bit of Nobility slandering.

It does no such thing. I've already given the reasons for it here.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/954025-ACU-History-A-list-of-demonstrable-lies-and-inaccuracies-SPOILERS

Basically, all the sympathetic characters are noble toffs - Arno, Mirabeau, Elise, Francois de la Serre, also Marquis de Sade and Napoleon come to think of it. The one Assassin who's working-class or close to it, is Bellec and he's painted as a quasi-bad guy, the people of Paris are shown as evil morons serving Templar interests and the revolutionaries, except Danton, are shown as a pack of psychopathic scumbags without exception.

Derp43
11-27-2014, 08:40 AM
It does no such thing. I've already given the reasons for it here.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/954025-ACU-History-A-list-of-demonstrable-lies-and-inaccuracies-SPOILERS

Basically, all the sympathetic characters are noble toffs - Arno, Mirabeau, Elise, Francois de la Serre, also Marquis de Sade and Napoleon come to think of it. The one Assassin who's working-class or close to it, is Bellec and he's painted as a quasi-bad guy, the people of Paris are shown as evil morons serving Templar interests and the revolutionaries, except Danton, are shown as a pack of psychopathic scumbags without exception.

Let's see, the Women's March mission, a lot of the random conversations you can hear in missions, quite a few of the side missions, among other things. Overall, it does a good job of portraying the Revolution relatively neutrally.

VestigialLlama4
11-27-2014, 08:49 AM
Let's see, the Women's March mission, a lot of the random conversations you can hear in missions, quite a few of the side missions, among other things. Overall, it does a good job of portraying the Revolution relatively neutrally.

If that is now the definition of neutral than there is nothing to say.

GunnerGalactico
11-27-2014, 09:14 PM

There really was a prisoner called the Man in the Iron Mask, although he had a mask of black velvet in reality. Nobody knows to this day who the guy is but a lot of people speculated on his identity with Voltaire and Dumas stating that he was Louis XIV's twin brother. That said Louis XIV's illegitimate son is a new theory altogether(and one that makes no sense since as an illegitimate kid he was never a threat to him).

The first time I saw that, I got the reference. :)