PDA

View Full Version : An Update on Assassin’s Creed Unity from Yannis Mallat

UbiJustin
11-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Hello all,

Ubisoft Montreal and Toronto's CEO, Yannis Mallat, has just released an announcement on Assassin's Creed Unity. You can read his message and announcement on our live updates blog here: assassinscreed.com/update (http://assassinscreed.com/update)

If you have questions about this upcoming offer, please refer to our FAQ first, but we will try to respond to your questions here or in the comments of that blog: assassinscreed.com/faq/ (http://www.assassinscreed.com/faq/)

As we roll out Patch 3 this week, I want to thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Johkr
AC Community Manager

WraithWalker93
11-26-2014, 07:53 PM
Question: For some people who didn't get the pass (like me) are we still able to get AC Chronicles: China separately? Or do we need the season pass for it?

TwentyGlyphs
11-26-2014, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry, but I really could not resist:

[Removed]

In all seriousness, this is appreciated. Hopefully Patch 3 makes things better. The free DLC is much-appreciated and goes a long way toward building goodwill with your fans.

UbiJustin
11-26-2014, 08:27 PM
Question: For some people who didn't get the pass (like me) are we still able to get AC Chronicles: China separately? Or do we need the season pass for it?

We haven't officially announced the plans for that, but it is my assumption that yes, you will be able to get ACC:C separately. But I will need to confirm this.

AeneaGames
11-26-2014, 08:39 PM
What about the other extra content that was included in the SP which was available immediately?

The webshop I ordered my copy from made a booboo and didn't get enough of the Limited Edition copies and thus sent me a regular one. I was kinda upset they did that but relieved to learn that the Limited Ed. content was also included in the SP. Will this content be made available free of charge now as well? If so, when?

Sushiglutton
11-26-2014, 09:00 PM
This is a very nice gesture, makes me happy as a fan!

I really hope the highly innovative AC games (Ac3 and AC:U for example) will get a little extra time if needed to finish the job in the future. It seems tough to predict how long the polishing phase will take for these projects.

Anyway, great job :D!

humanpaladin
11-26-2014, 09:32 PM
Hello, i bought the game from the ubistore AC unity guillotine edition xbox one but my game bugged, is the ac unity guillotine edition gives the offer of the free game too?

ShadowSpec7reVI
11-26-2014, 09:33 PM
will the free game be available for next gen

TsubaG
11-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Great news ! But ... what happens if we have already bought every game you propose in the list ? (I have AC Unity + season pass on PC). Would it be possible to get AC Rogue (for PC) ?

LeVoyageur07
11-26-2014, 10:33 PM
Great news ! But ... what happens if we have already bought every game you propose in the list ? (I have AC Unity + season pass on PC). Would it be possible to get AC Rogue (for PC) ?

You get a puppy.

Monco60
11-26-2014, 11:14 PM
We haven't officially announced the plans for that, but it is my assumption that yes, you will be able to get ACC:C separately. But I will need to confirm this.

Thanks for the update, that was my question. Really want to play Chronicles but I didn't want to get the season pass until Unity was fixed.

AeneaGames
11-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the update, that was my question. Really want to play Chronicles but I didn't want to get the season pass until Unity was fixed.

Question is: will it be free or do we have to pay for it and if so, how much?

Same goes for the other stuff that was included in the SP...

Something tells me that in the end we won't be saving a single penny if you didn't buy the SP...

Ball0023
11-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Hi. Bought the season pass two days ago on Xbox One and only got time to download it this evening. Cant find it in the store for obvious reasons and don't know if I can download the already available content or if I'll get compensated in any way. Even though it's not for sale is it available for download as I already bought the digital licence?

x NICKO STEEL x
11-26-2014, 11:52 PM
Wow. You mongrels. You happily take my money for a game. Then you happily take more of my money for the season pass so I can continue to enjoy said game. Then you decide that because you didn't do a good enough job on the game, you will give away the additional content included in the season pass for free. You screwed me, Ubisoft. So now, instead of refunding me my hard earned money for a product you cannot provide, you instead keep my money and offer me one "free" game from a selection of your other crappy titles I had no intention of purchasing, ever. Wow.

This is a clear breach of consumer law, offering and taking payment for a product and failing to provide. Refunds must be issued.

Sejdovic11
11-26-2014, 11:55 PM
It would be much better if they would unlock the content in game, so that you would not have to grind with companion app and that stuff. I think that's fair enough to say that I unlocked my in-game content by purchasing the game for full price... But it's better than nothing I guess...

Black_Widow9
11-26-2014, 11:59 PM
Hello, i bought the game from the ubistore AC unity guillotine edition xbox one but my game bugged, is the ac unity guillotine edition gives the offer of the free game too?

If you purchased the Season Pass or Assassin’s Creed Unity Gold Edition (which includes the Season Pass), you are eligible to choose one free game from among a select list of Ubisoft titles. If you did not purchase the Season Pass, you will be eligible for the Dead Kings DLC.

will the free game be available for next gen
Yes.

Sorry but at this time, only the games offered on the list are the ones available for Season Pass holders.

Question is: will it be free or do we have to pay for it and if so, how much?

Same goes for the other stuff that was included in the SP...

Something tells me that in the end we won't be saving a single penny if you didn't buy the SP...
Hello,
The Dead Kings DLC will be free to all who purchased AC Unity for PS4, PC and Xbox One.
Season Pass holders will continue to have access to a variety of additional content, including Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China even though the pass itself has been discontinued.

Hi. Bought the season pass two days ago on Xbox One and only got time to download it this evening. Cant find it in the store for obvious reasons and don't know if I can download the already available content or if I'll get compensated in any way. Even though it's not for sale is it available for download as I already bought the digital licence?
I'm pretty sure you cannot download it at this time because we are discontinuing sales of the Season Pass. Because the Dead Kings DLC is being made available for free for everyone, the original Season Pass offer no longer represents adequate added value for customers. All Assassin’s Creed Unity customers will still be able to purchase the additional content originally included in the Season Pass, and Season Pass holders will continue to have access to that content, including Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China.

RinoTheBouncer
11-27-2014, 12:16 AM
Thanks to the generosity of Ubisoft, we’ve never been happier. It’s not about getting a free game, I can afford getting any game I want, but It’s really nice to feel appreciated. I got the season pass for PS4, so I hope you guys can work out getting the free game through a redeem code on PSN or it just recognizes us since we’re signed in and have the season pass/gold edition purchased.

bitebug2003
11-27-2014, 12:17 AM
I'm pretty sure you cannot download it at this time because we are discontinuing sales of the Season Pass. Because the Dead Kings DLC is being made available for free for everyone, the original Season Pass offer no longer represents adequate added value for customers. All Assassin’s Creed Unity customers will still be able to purchase the additional content originally included in the Season Pass, and Season Pass holders will continue to have access to that content, including Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China.

Goody :)

Sekerali
11-27-2014, 12:17 AM
i got a digital cd-key for pc uplay of just the season pass that has not been redeemed
if i were to activate it now, would i still be eligible for a free game?

AeneaGames
11-27-2014, 12:25 AM
Hello,
The Dead Kings DLC will be free to all who purchased AC Unity for PS4, PC and Xbox One.
Season Pass holders will continue to have access to a variety of additional content, including Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China even though the pass itself has been discontinued.

Yes, that is straight from the FAQ...

My question is:

will those be available to non-SP holders and if so will they cost money and if they do, how much?

if the SP content other than Dead King's won't be free, we still have to spend money to get everything, how much will that total be? Almost $30 I suppose, the same amount as the SP?

This deal does not give anything away for free if the other content in the SP won't be free for people who didn't get the SP. It means we got jack **** in the end...

masta_poland
11-27-2014, 12:28 AM
Hello
I'm Assassin's Creed Unity Gold owner on Xbox One in Poland.
My question is, how can I download one from free games announced as a "refund" for troubles with AC:U.
Regards
Charles

Elaniel
11-27-2014, 12:33 AM
Some people say they have received e-mails with the apology, I have not. Was an email sent out to players?

I did buy the season pass so am much appreciated for the free game compensation, but don't want to be missed out if I was due to have an email sent to me.

Black_Widow9
11-27-2014, 01:21 AM
i got a digital cd-key for pc uplay of just the season pass that has not been redeemed

Yes, that is straight from the FAQ...

My question is:

will those be available to non-SP holders and if so will they cost money and if they do, how much?

if the SP content other than Dead King's won't be free, we still have to spend money to get everything, how much will that total be? Almost $30 I suppose, the same amount as the SP?

This deal does not give anything away for free if the other content in the SP won't be free for people who didn't get the SP. It means we got jack **** in the end...
We’re still looking at how we’re going to handle this. Availability and pricing will be revealed at a later date but you do get the Dead Kings DLC for free.

Hello
I'm Assassin's Creed Unity Gold owner on Xbox One in Poland.
My question is, how can I download one from free games announced as a "refund" for troubles with AC:U.
Regards
Charles
That info will be coming shortly as we are still working on the best and easiest way to deliver compensation gifts.

Some people say they have received e-mails with the apology, I have not. Was an email sent out to players?

I did buy the season pass so am much appreciated for the free game compensation, but don't want to be missed out if I was due to have an email sent to me.
We did send out an email but it was a message not codes or anything so don't worry, you didn't miss out. ;)

Sekerali
11-27-2014, 01:29 AM
We’re still looking at how we’re going to handle this. Availability and pricing will be revealed at a later date but you do get the Dead Kings DLC for free.

That info will be coming shortly as we are still working on the best and easiest way to deliver compensation gifts.

We did send out an email but it was a message not codes or anything so don't worry, you didn't miss out. ;)

my problem, can you explain in detail?

PUGZ01
11-27-2014, 01:45 AM
I have a very slow Internet connection. Mobile broadband! ... I'd prefer a hard copy of one of the free games. NOT a download. Or a refund of the season pass. Or even better a refund of the season pass and the game!!! As it's truly a work of complete trash. :(

Black_Widow9
11-27-2014, 01:55 AM

my problem, can you explain in detail?
Yes. I missed this so thanks! ;)

If you haven't yet redeemed your Season Pass, you should still be able to receive your compensation gift. We're still working out the details so please hang tight and make sure you keep an eye on the Live Update Blog for news.
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/index.aspx

Thanks!

Infinitefinite
11-27-2014, 02:08 AM
Going to get far cry 4 for xb1 with this offer.

Sekerali
11-27-2014, 02:34 AM
Yes. I missed this so thanks! ;)

If you haven't yet redeemed your Season Pass, you should still be able to receive your compensation gift. We're still working out the details so please hang tight and make sure you keep an eye on the Live Update Blog for news.

Thanks!

ok so SHOULD i redeem it now on uplay?
will it actually work and activate?
and so will i receive the free game normally as of everyone else?

Lethalla
11-27-2014, 04:36 AM
I'd just like to say thanks for restoring our faith in Assassin's Creed. It's a great franchise. <3

chky5
11-27-2014, 05:01 AM
I know that this is only a problem for those physically disabled, such as myself, but will there be a patch that will allow R1,R2, L1, and L2 to be switched Having both the free run, button And the sneak button As R2 and L2 Is very difficult. I have already got a Hole drilled through R2 So that I may use it for free running, but I got to the part Where you learn about sneaking And that the button is L2 . I am completely unable to push this button could y'all please come out with a patch that allows us to remap our controller I am a huge fan of assassin's Creed, and this is the first one that Y'all moved the free run, button on Please, please fix this. I want to play the game

GoldenBoy9999
11-27-2014, 08:09 AM
I kinda thought we could get a free game by now. :p Oh well. Do you guys know a time frame of when it will be available? Maybe tonight preferably. Widow said "shortly" 7 hours ago.

Randymontelimar
11-27-2014, 08:36 AM
Bonjour, j'ai commandé THE CREW sur amazon , comment je dois faire pour l'avoir gratuitement? Je dois supprimer la commande?

GoldenBoy9999
11-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Bonjour, j'ai commandé THE CREW sur amazon , comment je dois faire pour l'avoir gratuitement? Je dois supprimer la commande?

Eh bien, vous obtiendrez le Crew libérer peu importe ce que si vous aviez la passe de saison de manière toutefois vous annulez cet ordre Amazon travaillerait . Je ne suis pas familier avec Amazon . Si vous ne parvenez pas à annuler la commande , vous pouvez être intéressé par certains des autres jeux tels que Far Cry 4 .

Randymontelimar
11-27-2014, 09:21 AM
Merci de votre reponse. Je voulais savoir aussi, il sera disponible dès le jour de la sortie THE CREW en gratuit?

GoldenBoy9999
11-27-2014, 09:34 AM
Merci de votre reponse. Je voulais savoir aussi, il sera disponible dès le jour de la sortie THE CREW en gratuit?

Oui , je ne pense pas que de cela. L'équipage est pas . Vous devriez être en mesure de prendre cette voie si vous voulez . Chaque fois que l'équipage sort , suivez les instructions qu'ils donnent tout pour obtenir le jeu libre .

Dr_Manhattan123
11-27-2014, 09:48 AM
Quite frankly, I think Ubi should offer everyone who pre-ordered their REVIEW EMBARGO PROTECTED title a free game and refund the Season Pass customers for the pass. The law needs changing. When a game is this broken, you should be able to get your money back. As it stands, Ubi should extend the free game offer to the rest of us suckers. I only didn't get the Pass anyway because I'd budgeted £20 for it on my PSN prepaid account and couldn't afford it yet. If the price had been more in line with the US $30, that would have been more than enough! So I'm SO SORRY I couldn't give you even more money on blind faith when the game was crashing and glitching all around us. I'd forgotten you think you're entitled to rip Europeans off

Revtarded
11-27-2014, 09:51 AM
Will there be any reward / compensation for the people who bought the special editions?

Toufe2008
11-27-2014, 11:30 AM
Will there be any reward / compensation for the people who bought the special editions?

Bonjour, si je comprend bien ceux qui ont acheté le season pass à 30€ vont avoir un jeu à 70€ gratuit, et les autres juste un DLC à 10/15€.
Je pense que offrir le season pass aurait été plus équitable.
Et donc ceux qui ont des éditions spéciales ( guillotine pour moi ) ne sont pas concerné par le jeu offert.

ShadowSpec7reVI
11-27-2014, 11:45 AM
so just to confirm i can get the crew on xbox one for free as a season pass holder,if so i will cancel my preorder of the crew on xbox one.

Mehtih_
11-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Great news :)
@UbiJohkr What about a special 3 missions and 30 new customization items?

Revtarded
11-27-2014, 01:34 PM
Bonjour, si je comprend bien ceux qui ont acheté le season pass à 30€ vont avoir un jeu à 70€ gratuit, et les autres juste un DLC à 10/15€.
Je pense que offrir le season pass aurait été plus équitable.
Et donc ceux qui ont des éditions spéciales ( guillotine pour moi ) ne sont pas concerné par le jeu offert.

Thanks for the reply. I am happy with the game anyway but just wanted to check.

bartheqcom
11-27-2014, 02:07 PM
You should also unlock Altair's outfit for all people STILL TRYING to get it by "playing" another disaster that is the companion app (:

wickywoowoo
11-27-2014, 03:38 PM
How will we be able to get the China Chronicles thing now if Season Pass is no longer available? I never bought my season pass as I started Rogue first and was just going to do everything at once, now I have no idea what I am able to do.

I haven't redeemed the codes I was emailed at launch for DLC either, does that mean I've lost those?

tordarian
11-27-2014, 05:32 PM
I'd like to ask if anymore compensation will be given to people who have not bought the season pass? I feel very aggravated that because i bought my game through pre-order without seeing review and the issues arising from it. Now don't get me wrong i have faith that the game will be fixed and i play the AC games every year but i feel i'm being forgotten about because i didn't spend more money on the season pass or gold editions of the game.

GoldenBoy9999
11-27-2014, 05:43 PM
I'd like to ask if anymore compensation will be given to people who have not bought the season pass? I feel very aggravated that because i bought my game through pre-order without seeing review and the issues arising from it. Now don't get me wrong i have faith that the game will be fixed and i play the AC games every year but i feel i'm being forgotten about because i didn't spend more money on the season pass or gold editions of the game.

Hmmm... If you already have one of the games available for free then you could try to sell your physical copy and keep the digital one. You'd get some money back this way.

HypnoticSkill
11-27-2014, 05:45 PM
Hmmm... If you already have one of the games available for free then you could try to sell your physical copy and keep the digital one. You'd get some money back this way.

He won't get one of the games for free, because he doesn't have season pass. That's his point.

r3d-zombie-
11-27-2014, 06:13 PM

Ubi have already said you will receive content, so how are you being forgotten about?

tordarian
11-27-2014, 08:12 PM
Ubi have already said you will receive content, so how are you being forgotten about?

I just think that seperating the people who have bought this game into groups is wrong thats all i'm getting at.

Why should Group A Get dlc and a free game worth in excess of £50 And Group B just get a free dlc.

The fact is we all bought the game and we should be entitled to the same compensation

GoldenBoy9999
11-27-2014, 08:17 PM
I just think that seperating the people who have bought this game into groups is wrong thats all i'm getting at.

Why should Group A Get dlc and a free game worth in excess of £50 And Group B just get a free dlc.

The fact is we all bought the game and we should be entitled to the same compensation

That's not true. The DLC was given to all users for free. People like me who bought the season pass are then out of $15 because Dead Kings is free anyway. That is why they offer the games. If it was the other way around, way more people would be angry.

tordarian
11-27-2014, 08:25 PM
That's not true. The DLC was given to all users for free. People like me who bought the season pass are then out of $15 because Dead Kings is free anyway. That is why they offer the games. If it was the other way around, way more people would be angry.

Yes but still the issue is with the game not the items contained within the season pass so therefore all who have bought or pre-ordered the game by a certain date imo should be entitled to the same compensation. Maybe i just think that giving a code for a game is a better gesture of will than a free dlc since i probably wouldn't have bought the season pass anyway.

tordarian
11-27-2014, 08:26 PM
Yes but still the issue is with the game not the items contained within the season pass so therefore all who have bought or pre-ordered the game by a certain date imo should be entitled to the same compensation. Maybe i just think that giving a code for a game is a better gesture of will than a free dlc since i probably wouldn't have bought the season pass anyway.

But then saying that i'm clearly not the only person who feels this way since various forums are on fire at the moment because of this.

walkbyfaith76
11-27-2014, 08:31 PM
are you kidding, you spent 60 dollars, it's not a mortgage payment, I mean you people are amazing, you cry and whine about never getting anything and Ubisoft did something NO game companies do, they are literally giving away MILLIONS of dollars of revenue for what, your game didn't play perfectly or at all, they're still fixing it, giving everyone over 30 dollars of free content, the ONLY thing season pass holders are getting more than you is something we paid real money for not pain and suffering. If you spent 60 dollars to go to the movies to see Transformers and the movie sucked, do you write to Universal Studios demanding money for a 2 hour movie and over buttered popcorn, they'd laugh at you! You still have a game, and free content. So shut up, say thank you and show some fricking common human decency. Incredible!

walkbyfaith76
11-27-2014, 08:38 PM

DID you spend 30 dollars on the season pass? thats why we're getting more, you spent 60 I spent 90 it's not that hard.............I mean really it's pathetic. this is why game companies don't usually do anything, it's never enough, next people will be asking for free stuff because they didn't buy ACU, " Oh the bugs in it scared me so much I couldn't buy it , I deserve some compensation for not spending money!"

GoldenBoy9999
11-27-2014, 08:38 PM
This was posted 38 minutes ago by Mr_Shade on the FAQ.
Hi, We are currently setting up the system to process this offer. We will provide an update on how to claim your free game soon.
Just in case you guys were wondering what the current status is. It's the same message practically, but it shows they are still working on it.

are you kidding, you spent 60 dollars, it's not a mortgage payment, I mean you people are amazing, you cry and whine about never getting anything and Ubisoft did something NO game companies do, they are literally giving away MILLIONS of dollars of revenue for what, your game didn't play perfectly or at all, they're still fixing it, giving everyone over 30 dollars of free content, the ONLY thing season pass holders are getting more than you is something we paid real money for not pain and suffering. If you spent 60 dollars to go to the movies to see Transformers and the movie sucked, do you write to Universal Studios demanding money for a 2 hour movie and over buttered popcorn, they'd laugh at you! You still have a game, and free content. So shut up, say thank you and show some fricking common human decency. Incredible!

Hmm, good points although a little mean there on the end.

I understand how people feel, but the game is not completely broke unless you have some really bad luck. The game still plays fine so far for me and they are still fixing it. Again, no other company as far as I know, has done this recently.

tordarian
11-27-2014, 08:45 PM

No because i wouldn't pay money for trash like Transformers. And the fact is we all paid REAL money for the game in the first place. Now i'll say this if ubisoft hadn't of annonced they were giving dlc for free and a game then there would be no issue. And yes they are doing something which most other companies would not do. But they have chose to say Group A get this and Group B gets that which is wrong.! Blizzard have just done this with issues that came out because of the new wow launch and the uptick in subs. they have given ALL subscribers the same 5 free days of game time regardless of if you have bought the Expac or not. And thus putting themselves out of pocket for millions. And admittedly whilst both case's are not the same i know the example is there of the right way to give gamers fair compensation because of issues to do with their game.

Mr_Shade
11-27-2014, 08:49 PM
Guys, lets not start infighting...

r3d-zombie-
11-27-2014, 09:03 PM

your argument makes absolutely, completely, no sense.

On a brighter note, I'm looking forward to my free copy of FC4 (I hear its good ;) )

tordarian
11-27-2014, 09:06 PM
your argument makes absolutely, completely, no sense.

On a brighter note, I'm looking forward to my free copy of FC4 (I hear its good ;) )
Yes it's very good.

dnameless1
11-27-2014, 09:27 PM
*cut*If you spent 60 dollars to go to the movies to see Transformers and the movie sucked, do you write to Universal Studios demanding money for a 2 hour movie*cut*

I'm pretty sure there was a South Park episode where they tried to reclaim money from the director of a "sucky" movie..

RpgCraig
11-28-2014, 03:10 AM
im a season pass holder and when i get a free game for the troubles that were in this game it is the best response from a gaming company i have ever seen and i would like to say thank you very much for the way this issue was dealt with i appreciate it doesnt make me feel better about ac unity tbh but it definitely makes me feel better about ubisoft as a company and makes me happy how they treated us as customers

Ezhno
11-28-2014, 04:40 AM
Hi, I think I might have a somewhat unique issue so any insight or help would bey VERY much appreciated.

I pre-ordered Unity, like any other Assassin's Creed game, and I also pre-ordered the Season Pass because why not? I redeemed the Season Pass pretty quickly, maybe November 12th. But the problem is that it seems to have vanished from my Xbox One console. It's as if it was never installed. I was also never able to install the Chemical Revolution or Killed By Science missions. Was anyone else able to? Have they even been released yet?

Even though my Season Pass appears to have been forcibly revoked I have still paid $30 for it. Will I still receive the content it was for? Am I still eligible for the free game offer?

I have already submitted a support ticket but I am worried that I will be marginalized by ubisoft and get stuck some kind of void and ignored. This already happened when I could not access these forums for two years and no one at ubisoft support would help me. I really do not want to pay $30 for literally nothing and do not look forward to being forgotten.

Please advise. :(

Azzerrific
11-28-2014, 05:35 AM
As a non season pass owner, I am not concerned about the free game offer in the slightest (I own all the games in that list that are remotely important to me anyway).

I am just worried about whether or not I will still be able to get all the content for Unity that was previously available in the SP. I was, ironically enough, going to purchase the season's pass this week only to learn of this rather confusing approach to mollify disgruntled customers. Now I don't know where I stand with the additional content... Truth is, I don't even know the extent of content that was included in the SP. Yes they have made plenty mention of the Dead Kings DLC being free, but Dead Kings alone surely did not make up the whole Pass. What else was included in the SP aside from ACC:China (which is presumably -hopefully- going to be made available to customers serperately)

Ubisoft says that "Season Pass holders will continue to have access to a variety of additional content, including Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China."

^ a detailed list of what that actually includes, and it being made available for purchase for the rest of us paying customers would help out a lot.

Thankyou for your time.

Ezhno
11-28-2014, 07:11 AM
I have also had unbelievable difficulty trying to discover just what the Season Pass included. I have no idea what it included before, or now. Some official response would be nice.

Rude Ron
11-28-2014, 09:25 AM
i have not been refunded for the broking season pass

Rude Ron
11-28-2014, 09:28 AM
Hi, I think I might have a somewhat unique issue so any insight or help would bey VERY much appreciated.

I pre-ordered Unity, like any other Assassin's Creed game, and I also pre-ordered the Season Pass because why not? I redeemed the Season Pass pretty quickly, maybe November 12th. But the problem is that it seems to have vanished from my Xbox One console. It's as if it was never installed. I was also never able to install the Chemical Revolution or Killed By Science missions. Was anyone else able to? Have they even been released yet?

Even though my Season Pass appears to have been forcibly revoked I have still paid $30 for it. Will I still receive the content it was for? Am I still eligible for the free game offer?

I have already submitted a support ticket but I am worried that I will be marginalized by ubisoft and get stuck some kind of void and ignored. This already happened when I could not access these forums for two years and no one at ubisoft support would help me. I really do not want to pay $30 for literally nothing and do not look forward to being forgotten.

same thing with me but i got mines from gamestop and the ink disappear.

FlovillaThatch
11-28-2014, 09:35 AM
Hi,

I got Unity on XBox one and bought the season pass along with it on release day. I can certainly see the chemical mission on my map but I haven't done it yet so I would assume that it hasn't deleted.
I am looking forward to getting FarCry 4 for free and I wouldnt think that the free games would not be available on next gen consoles as that would be a real kick in the teeth if they weren't.
I was wondering how Ubisoft would figure out who is eligible for the free game, but I guess there is a record somewhere of who redeemed the season pass code.

FlovillaThatch
11-28-2014, 10:19 AM
Saying that though, Killed By Science isn't on the map and I got chemical revolution through buying the "revolution edition" from Game (UK). Good thing I kept the receipt just in case...

Latte10010
11-28-2014, 10:32 AM
Thank you for an apology and offering a free DLC for what I paid 139.99 Euro.....but now my game starts crashing on PS4 after Patch3.

When you can't even load the game, what is the point of getting a free DLC?

JUST FIX THE CURRENT ISSUES !! Don't think you can get away with this bomb patch and a free DLC.

Just make a decent game and upload it instead of broken patches. Unbelievably lazy people! :eek:

Mr_Shade
11-28-2014, 03:55 PM
If you have issues with the game post patch - please contact support: www.support.ubi.com

DiGitalsnoop
11-28-2014, 07:25 PM
Hi i cant post it under the faqs page Ive been on it wont sign me in. but my problem is :
My girlfriend got the game on preorder from ubishop as a birthday present for next month (December) so its not installed on my xbox , but I preordered the season pass which I installed on the 12th of novemeber do I still qualify for the free game im able to prove both purchase dates ?

Regards

GoldenBoy9999
11-28-2014, 07:27 PM

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Check and see if you have the Fleur De Lys Sword. It is the only content I got with the Season Pass. This may be because I got a multitude of other ULC's from other offers. Check and see though. If you see the sword, you have the season pass because it is exclusive to it. Tell me if this helps. :)

Hi i cant post it under the faqs page Ive been on it wont sign me in. but my problem is :
My girlfriend got the game on preorder from ubishop as a birthday present for next month (December) so its not installed on my xbox , but I preordered the season pass which I installed on the 12th of novemeber do I still qualify for the free game im able to prove both purchase dates ?

Regards

Hello. :). Under your circumstance, yes, I believe you will be eligible for the free game. Although I don't know how the redemption will go(it's not available yet), you've already installed the season pass. I think the system will check if you have the SP, not the game necessarily. It is very good that you've installed the SP though. I sympathize for the people who bought the season pass but have forgotten to redeem it or have been putting it off. I don't know what will happen to them.

I don't know how they will check for sure, but this is my best guess. Hope this helps. :cool:

eagleforlife1
11-28-2014, 07:47 PM

Exactly the same thing has happened with me :(

Any advice would be great!

GoldenBoy9999
11-28-2014, 08:05 PM
As a non season pass owner, I am not concerned about the free game offer in the slightest (I own all the games in that list that are remotely important to me anyway).

I am just worried about whether or not I will still be able to get all the content for Unity that was previously available in the SP. I was, ironically enough, going to purchase the season's pass this week only to learn of this rather confusing approach to mollify disgruntled customers. Now I don't know where I stand with the additional content... Truth is, I don't even know the extent of content that was included in the SP. Yes they have made plenty mention of the Dead Kings DLC being free, but Dead Kings alone surely did not make up the whole Pass. What else was included in the SP aside from ACC:China (which is presumably -hopefully- going to be made available to customers serperately)

Ubisoft says that "Season Pass holders will continue to have access to a variety of additional content, including Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China."

^ a detailed list of what that actually includes, and it being made available for purchase for the rest of us paying customers would help out a lot.

Thankyou for your time.

The SP included: Dead Kings DLC, Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China, as well as some 30 equipment and weapons. 6 new weapons have came out already and I redeemed them with the SP. The SP also includes all 3 pre-order missions. Strangely, all new items shown in the SP trailer were weapons and have already been released. This means all the other items will be surprises I guess. :nonchalance:. Check out the SP trailer for a visual representation.

I have also had unbelievable difficulty trying to discover just what the Season Pass included. I have no idea what it included before, or now. Some official response would be nice.

Yes, look above.

i have not been refunded for the broking season pass

Ubisoft has not made the free game available yet. They're still working on it. Have patience and thanks. :)

Exactly the same thing has happened with me :(

Any advice would be great!

See my latest post... Check for the Fleur De Lys Sword.

DiGitalsnoop
11-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Check and see if you have the Fleur De Lys Sword. It is the only content I got with the Season Pass. This may be because I got a multitude of other ULC's from other offers. Check and see though. If you see the sword, you have the season pass because it is exclusive to it. Tell me if this helps. :)

Hello. :). Under your circumstance, yes, I believe you will be eligible for the free game. Although I don't know how the redemption will go(it's not available yet), you've already installed the season pass. I think the system will check if you have the SP, not the game necessarily. It is very good that you've installed the SP though. I sympathize for the people who bought the season pass but have forgotten to redeem it or have been putting it off. I don't know what will happen to them.

I don't know how they will check for sure, but this is my best guess. Hope this helps. :cool:
Ok. Thanks for your reply I understand not a lot of info is available yet and I also have download the bonus weapons which still show as being installed , I guess it just a added bonus if I get the game and now the patches are out , by my birthday it should hopefully allow me to play with not to many problems

Regards

joelsantos24
11-28-2014, 09:27 PM
If you have issues with the game post patch - please contact support: www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)
How so? And for what? To be utterly ignored? How is that even productive?

I have to admit, I wasn't getting that many issues before patch 3, except Arno getting stuck on a hey wagon once, and another on some wood structure on a rooftop. But now, that happens pretty much all the time, specially after I get desynchronized.

crobb24
11-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Why have you spoilt the game, i was looking forward to the new instalment now i'm regretting wasting 50 quid on it, I have played all the games and for some reason you release a patch and i still fall through the world!! you have changed the way the character moves he cant release when i want him to, you decide when i can release from the wall plus I can't use back and x to jump off the walls why???? You had a great formula and have thrown it out the window, I have chests i can't open due to the app not working properly or i need to join ps plus to get them, its as if you're out to make as much cash as possible. just concentrate on the single player till you can have both done correctly. one angry fan

Xstantin
11-28-2014, 09:57 PM
Why have you spoilt the game, i was looking forward to the new instalment now i'm regretting wasting 50 quid on it, I have played all the games and for some reason you release a patch and i still fall through the world!! you have changed the way the character moves he cant release when i want him to, you decide when i can release from the wall plus I can't use back and x to jump off the walls why???? You had a great formula and have thrown it out the window, I have chests i can't open due to the app not working properly or i need to join ps plus to get them, its as if you're out to make as much cash as possible. just concentrate on the single player till you can have both done correctly. one angry fan

lol, you can back eject.

crobb24
11-28-2014, 10:15 PM
lol, you can back eject.

EH it doesn't on mine. I have been playing since the beginning so I think I know the basic controls lol

Xstantin
11-28-2014, 10:22 PM
@crobb, hold R2 and tap X. There. He'll jump to grab something behind him if there's another wall

crobb24
11-28-2014, 10:37 PM
@crobb, hold R2 and tap X. There. He'll jump to grab something behind him if there's another wall

Cool, I was meaning just to release of a wall even if there is nothing behind. He still doesn't move as smooth. It still doesn't help the crap patch and all the other changes made to the game that is spoiling it. I only hope it is like the first game on ps3 and will solve all this in there next game

Ezhno
11-29-2014, 12:53 AM

Hi, yes I have the Fleur-de-lys sword. I also had several extras (guillotine prize drop, pre-orders, etc). Fleur-de-lys can only be obtained from the season pass? Thank you for your help.

TO_M
11-29-2014, 01:30 AM
Is there a gameplay feedback thread? I remember black flag had a general gameplay feedback thread.

I posted it here because I didn't know where else to ask it and I didn't want to start a thread about it.

Azzerrific
11-29-2014, 07:48 AM
The SP included: Dead Kings DLC, Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China, as well as some 30 equipment and weapons. 6 new weapons have came out already and I redeemed them with the SP. The SP also includes all 3 pre-order missions. Strangely, all new items shown in the SP trailer were weapons and have already been released. This means all the other items will be surprises I guess. :nonchalance:. Check out the SP trailer for a visual representation.

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware of the trailer so that helped a lot. Now I suppose it'll just take some time and patience to see how Ubisoft will handle the rest of the content's availability.

Akary28
11-29-2014, 09:32 AM

Regards,

Johkr
AC Community Manager

Why Uplay refuse to download that Patch 3 Please ???
My Internet is activated and i have 40 Go free space disk of course and i disable my firewall

D-BOI_27
11-29-2014, 12:40 PM
I'd like to know how long its going to take for the free game?

FatiguedEnigma
11-30-2014, 07:38 AM

No. You wont, I gOT THE Norte Dame Edition And i honeslty feel like i've been scammed .. we buy these Editions. Thinking we get the Season pass.. But nope.. I'm un happy

Xstantin
11-30-2014, 08:01 PM
No. You wont, I gOT THE Norte Dame Edition And i honeslty feel like i've been scammed .. we buy these Editions. Thinking we get the Season pass.. But nope.. I'm un happy

You got the statue, art thingy, etc :confused:

AC-Mart
11-30-2014, 08:49 PM
Hi, I have read all the pages and posts so far, it seems like I am having similar problems to a lot of people on here and some that are slightly different. I purchased the preorder assassins creed guillotine edition and I will be honest when I say I am disappointed with the amount of glitches and errors in the game. I do feel that giving away the dead kings download code for all people who purchased the game is a very nice gesture and really does go a fair way into making up for such a disasterous start to what should have been an incredible gaming experience. I also purchased the season pass and this is what I have the biggest issue with. I purchased the season pass online on my PS4 from ubi soft on what I guess was a day or two before it was done away with. What I dont understand is I appeared to get virtually nothing for it. I assumed that there would be some new menu like when I purchased the season pass for black flag. But there has been absolutely no change to my assassins creed screen. From what I have read from other people's complaints the fleur de lys sword was part of the season pass. I do have this but that's all I have. I didn't get a dlc or anything else when I purchased the season pass. So right now I'm seriously getting the feeling I have paid a lot of money for a lof of nothing. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the offer of a free game from the list I was sent but wonder if cancelling the season pass is a money making ploy. Where assassins creed / ubi soft, think they will make more money from charging per extension instead of releasing them with the season pass. I can see a lot of people losing faith in the brand because it seems to be a lot of take and very little give

zarilion
11-30-2014, 11:00 PM
Any ETA on the gift to SP holders? Soon is starting to look a lot like sometime in the future when we get around to it.

BabylonDK
11-30-2014, 11:06 PM
Any ETA on the gift to SP holders? Soon is starting to look a lot like sometime in the future when we get around to it.

Yea I would like to know too - I really hoped I could get ready to play The Crew around launch, but seems more and more unlikely now.

Clark_Kent1011
11-30-2014, 11:11 PM
Will the free game be redeemable through an outlet other than the platform holding your season pass?

I purchased the AC:U season pass bundle on the PC. Will I be able to redeem this through the playstation network? My intention is to choose Far Cry 4 on the PS4.

BabylonDK
12-01-2014, 01:26 AM
Will the free game be redeemable through an outlet other than the platform holding your season pass?

I purchased the AC:U season pass bundle on the PC. Will I be able to redeem this through the playstation network? My intention is to choose Far Cry 4 on the PS4.

It is written that you cannot switch platforms. If you have AC:U on PS4 you will get the free game on PS4 eg.

xXMiNeSwEePeRXx
12-01-2014, 06:57 AM
Is it true that is Assassin's Creed: Unity you can't pickup weapons. I finished the game but I never stole the guards weapons. UBISOFT FIX THIS!

xXMiNeSwEePeRXx
12-01-2014, 06:59 AM
If Ubisoft fixing this glitch?

Beschikbaar
12-01-2014, 08:00 AM
If Ubisoft fixing this glitch?
It isnt a glitch.

LooseKiD187
12-01-2014, 09:31 AM
As the posts on the last page said, any word on this SP gift? i keep checking my emails. hope iots before chrissy, my little girl finishes school on friday lol JD2015 would set her up for awhile :)

Randymontelimar
12-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Bonjour. Je voudrais savoir quand et comment avoir the crew gratuitement? Il sort demain et je l'ai pré commande sur amazon pour l'avoir le jour de la sortie. Les autres jeux je les ai déjà donc ils m'intéressent pas

o Danielius o
12-01-2014, 07:33 PM
So I cant go to Gamestop and pick up the free game?

extermin8or_
12-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Hi, I have read all the pages and posts so far, it seems like I am having similar problems to a lot of people on here and some that are slightly different. I purchased the preorder assassins creed guillotine edition and I will be honest when I say I am disappointed with the amount of glitches and errors in the game. I do feel that giving away the dead kings download code for all people who purchased the game is a very nice gesture and really does go a fair way into making up for such a disasterous start to what should have been an incredible gaming experience. I also purchased the season pass and this is what I have the biggest issue with. I purchased the season pass online on my PS4 from ubi soft on what I guess was a day or two before it was done away with. What I dont understand is I appeared to get virtually nothing for it. I assumed that there would be some new menu like when I purchased the season pass for black flag. But there has been absolutely no change to my assassins creed screen. From what I have read from other people's complaints the fleur de lys sword was part of the season pass. I do have this but that's all I have. I didn't get a dlc or anything else when I purchased the season pass. So right now I'm seriously getting the feeling I have paid a lot of money for a lof of nothing. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the offer of a free game from the list I was sent but wonder if cancelling the season pass is a money making ploy. Where assassins creed / ubi soft, think they will make more money from charging per extension instead of releasing them with the season pass. I can see a lot of people losing faith in the brand because it seems to be a lot of take and very little give

I honestly don't know what you are on about, you and others clearly purchase stuff without checking out the details. None of the dlc bar that sword is available yet so why would it have been showing up. We were meant to get Dead Kings, AC Chronicles: China and some other bits and bobs. That was fair for the £20. How does a refund save you money over getting a new £40-50 game like far-cry 4 when the offer opens up and lets you redeem your game. It's like the people that got guillotine and such editions where it clearly said they didn't get the season pass with it yet they seem to expect that they'd have that too why I don't know...

r3d-zombie-
12-01-2014, 07:50 PM

I'd very much doubt that.

r3d-zombie-
12-01-2014, 07:55 PM
I honestly don't know what you are on about, you and others clearly purchase stuff without checking out the details..

yup, crazy

GoldenBoy9999
12-01-2014, 08:44 PM

That's not how it works. The game will be available as a download.

o Danielius o
12-01-2014, 08:54 PM
That's not how it works. The game will be available as a download.

Is it available yet?

Randymontelimar
12-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Quelqu'un aurait une réponse pour moi? :)

brownman2015
12-01-2014, 09:31 PM
I bought the season pass when do I need to get the free games ?

AC-Mart
12-01-2014, 10:37 PM
I honestly don't know what you are on about, you and others clearly purchase stuff without checking out the details. None of the dlc bar that sword is available yet so why would it have been showing up. We were meant to get Dead Kings, AC Chronicles: China and some other bits and bobs. That was fair for the £20. How does a refund save you money over getting a new £40-50 game like far-cry 4 when the offer opens up and lets you redeem your game. It's like the people that got guillotine and such editions where it clearly said they didn't get the season pass with it yet they seem to expect that they'd have that too why I don't know...

Thanks for your reply, although when a reply starts " I honestly don't know what you are on about " I do wonder if there was any point to the reply.
Firstly I do try to read what I purchase, where the information is correct and available.

Secondly I was asking if some sort of bar should be showing up like it did when I purchased the assassins creed black flag, even if was a bar or box saying whatever content was pending. The reason for this being the night I purchased the season pass my connection to the servers kept dropping and I was wondering if I had missed a dlc of some sort. You are also incorrect about the sword, I have the fleur de lys sword. It came down the night I purchased the season pass.

Thirdly my comment about the pricing was referring to the part where it said season pass holders would get a discount on expansions like dead kings and China. I will put this bit in plain English, I was saying that ubisoft probably sees that they will make more money charging full price per extension than allowing season pass holders to purchase them at the discounted rate that was stated. Also if you read the start of my post I do actually state that giving people a free game is a very generous thing to do.

Fourthly, again if you read my post I said that I purchased the season pass separately, I was under no missunderstanding that I would get a season pass with the guillotine edition. I purchased the guillotine for the codes and collectables that came with it.

I have no issues with being told I may have misunderstood something but if you are going to pick fault with something I have posted I suggest you read it and understand it fully first. I merely asked for some information not a sarcastic response about " you people who purchased the guillotine edition and don't read what they are buying " . It didn't state I was buying a game full of glitches but that's what I got.

AC-Mart
12-01-2014, 10:42 PM
yup, crazy

Crazy indeed :confused:

GoldenBoy9999
12-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Is it available yet?

No, we're all still patiently awaiting an update from Ubisoft that they've made it available.

I bought the season pass when do I need to get the free games ?

It's not available yet, but by March 15, 2015.

Try checking the official FAQ before asking a question guys. http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-186650-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Randymontelimar
12-02-2014, 04:24 AM
No, we're all still patiently awaiting an update from Ubisoft that they've made it available.

It's not available yet, but by March 15, 2015.

Try checking the official FAQ before asking a question guys. http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-186650-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Si je comprend, étant donné que j'ai déjà tous les jeux, j'audrais droit a rien?

CrimzonRazor
12-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Would rather have a refund rather then a free game, that way I can be done with your company and never have to deal with it again. After watch dogs then AC Unity I dont want aything else from you just refund the season pass cost and lets break up for good ubisoft.

Remersed
12-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Would rather have a refund rather then a free game, that way I can be done with your company and never have to deal with it again. After watch dogs then AC Unity I dont want aything else from you just refund the season pass cost and lets break up for good ubisoft.

You said "after Watch Dogs", maybe if you didn't like that game then why didn't you try renting AC:U or even waiting for it to drop in price? And even then, you spent more money purchasing the season pass from a company you quite clearly don't like.

I think the idea of a free game is great, personally.

FatiguedEnigma
12-02-2014, 03:01 PM
You said "after Watch Dogs", maybe if you didn't like that game then why didn't you try renting AC:U or even waiting for it to drop in price? And even then, you spent more money purchasing the season pass from a company you quite clearly don't like.

Persnally i'm pissed off about it.. I have got the Notre Dame Edition.. now like every edition in every game i've got so far.. theres a season pass with it... so i get thisd for 150...& GET NO SEASON PASS.. sooo how do u think i feel... especially with the new update causing me to not even play the game anymore ... hmmm yep ****ing greatest ac game yet

Remersed
12-02-2014, 05:46 PM
Persnally i'm pissed off about it.. I have got the Notre Dame Edition.. now like every edition in every game i've got so far.. theres a season pass with it... so i get thisd for 150...& GET NO SEASON PASS.. sooo how do u think i feel... especially with the new update causing me to not even play the game anymore ... hmmm yep ****ing greatest ac game yet
Why do you feel so inclined to have a season pass come with your game? When purchasing it, you knew what it came with. Or you should have known. No one spends that sort of money not knowing what they're buying,

In previous AC games this sort of compensation and issue has never happened so why are you feeling pissed off if you never bought the season pass? The Notre Dame edition clearly doesn't come with a season pass so if you wanted one, you would've bought it earlier.

r3d-zombie-
12-02-2014, 06:02 PM

As I see it your still gonna receive the season pass content and a free game, I can understand if you are annoyed that you cant access things right now (little as there was), but am sure you can see why things have been taken off line while Ubisoft arrange the free contents distribution.

DiamondBlade_R
12-02-2014, 10:18 PM
A video I captured of a map hole bug I encountered:

http://youtu.be/djfsTydZaOE

CrimzonRazor
12-02-2014, 10:28 PM

How do you rent a PC game (watchdogs), also everyone knows the PC version was a broken mess when it released. Also the game was not what it had been shown to be stop being a blind fanboy and think about what your about to say before going all fanboy. And I clearly said after Unity I was done you never gave anyone a second chance or just like to try and start fights on a forum grow up.

GhostlyCrowd
12-02-2014, 10:36 PM
A video I captured of a map hole bug I encountered:

http://youtu.be/djfsTydZaOE

So glad i watched all 2:52 of nothing to see a bug in the last 3 seconds....

Remersed
12-03-2014, 12:00 AM
How do you rent a PC game (watchdogs), also everyone knows the PC version was a broken mess when it released. Also the game was not what it had been shown to be stop being a blind fanboy and think about what your about to say before going all fanboy. And I clearly said after Unity I was done you never gave anyone a second chance or just like to try and start fights on a forum grow up.

Well you could have atleast read reviews on the games before hand. "Stop being a blind fanboy" Oh please, you're telling me to grow up? Why do you think everyone should have this constant hostility towards Ubisoft?

And I'm not denying it, Watch Dogs WAS bad. Again with Unity, it was bad but they are trying to fix this mess. You just seem so pissed off with Ubisoft in everything you say that it makes me question why you even bothered buying Unity?

Jflow_79
12-03-2014, 04:55 AM
I won't say I hate Ubisoft or that I'm not upset about Unity, I am an avid player of Assassin's Creed games and have been a Ubisoft fan for years, though Watchdogs which I pre ordered and pre ordered the season pass for and Unity which I did the same for do make me worried I may have to find a new company to throw my money at and to endorse to my friends and family. EA is one I have lost love for and boycott on a regular basis though my dollars don't make up a large portion of EA's intake I also advise my friends and family away from EA games to the extent that several madden lovers I know haven't purchased a madden game in 4 years. EA has never tried to make it good with their fans for their screw ups. I am proud of Ubisoft for their effort in making this disgrace of a video game release better by offering DLC free to those who didn't get the season pass and for those who did a free game. For you who believe that Ubisoft failed you as a video game developer, realize that unlike other companies like them don't make it right, and Ubisoft is doing what they can to not only fix the issue but to offer a few free items to us as fans and gamers. To those who question my hate for EA, just look at Battlefield 4, and every medal of honor game, and their partner DICE. EA should be offering free games for 10 years for their lack of good games and their lack of a backbone when it comes to defending their titles and their content (Example being Medal of Honor being removed from military stores, and EA having no backbone to defend the content of their game but would rather roll over). This being said I have only a few words for Ubisoft besides saying thank you for the fixes and upcoming fixes for Unity and for my free game, my next are about your connectivity advise, before you go telling me to open ports on my router for your games alone, and telling me my NAT is wrong check your end first because the generic message saying it's my fault...I have an IT professional who already advised me that your message was a load of crap, the next is please next time listen to the developers themselves before releasing a broken (not unfinished) game, or do more beta testing and make sure you do server load tests because something went wrong on your end and it could and most likely will be fatal to Ubisoft as a whole if something like this were to happen again.

ShadowSpec7reVI
12-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Hi when will i be able to get my free game,and how will i be able to get it.

BabylonDK
12-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Hi when will i be able to get my free game,and how will i be able to get it.

I talked to Ubisoft on Facebook yesterday where they said it could be a while, because the system to claim games, needed to be created first, but that we should keep an eye on the live update page and official forums.

So I guess we will be lucky if we will be able to get the game before 2015.

PlumLoco
12-03-2014, 03:30 PM
I talked to Ubisoft on Facebook yesterday where they said it could be a while, because the system to claim games, needed to be created first, but that we should keep an eye on the live update page and official forums.

So I guess we will be lucky if we will be able to get the game before 2015.

That doesn't make sense to me at all. They're making it way more difficult than it needs to be I think. Why do they need to create a whole system? Everyone who has redeemed the season pass has that information stored on the profile for that platform. For instance, I have it listed on my PSN profile that I have the AC Unity Season Pass. Why don't they just have each individual download service (PSN, Xbox Live, Steam) provide the offer for them? It would be the same as downloading season pass content and would be a lot quicker than Ubisoft trying to create a whole system for it themselves, which based on their history probably won't even work correctly.

And I know that this can be done by the PSN at least because they did the same thing when they got hacked a few years back. They offered everyone who was a PSN member two free games. All they did was set up a section that had those games listed, and once you picked two of them it wouldn't let you download any of the others for free. They could do the exact same thing with this and I bet it would be a lot faster than Ubisoft doing it themselves.

BabylonDK
12-03-2014, 04:09 PM
That doesn't make sense to me at all. They're making it way more difficult than it needs to be I think. Why do they need to create a whole system? Everyone who has redeemed the season pass has that information stored on the profile for that platform. For instance, I have it listed on my PSN profile that I have the AC Unity Season Pass. Why don't they just have each individual download service (PSN, Xbox Live, Steam) provide the offer for them? It would be the same as downloading season pass content and would be a lot quicker than Ubisoft trying to create a whole system for it themselves, which based on their history probably won't even work correctly.

And I know that this can be done by the PSN at least because they did the same thing when they got hacked a few years back. They offered everyone who was a PSN member two free games. All they did was set up a section that had those games listed, and once you picked two of them it wouldn't let you download any of the others for free. They could do the exact same thing with this and I bet it would be a lot faster than Ubisoft doing it themselves.

It beats me.

Try asking them yourself

XyonicS
12-03-2014, 05:40 PM

YES THIS! Why not do it this way. I figure that we will not even be interested in the offered games by the time they get them out to us, I know it is a nice offer, but seems a bit "let them eat cake" to me. I am willing to wait, but will be not so happy if I have to wait till March 14th 2015 to get it.

Just a hint would help stop a lot of people asking, I know it would make me feel better, because for now it's just everyone freaking out about when.

As far as a system to get the games to everyone who is supposed to get them I am sure we can trust UBI to make sure it is complicated and requires some method that only half the people will be able to access like a iphone app or some other stupid thing. I just really hope I am wrong about this though.

Willis Ska
12-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Are they going to be bringing the season pass back at any point?

I just want ALL of the content and don't want to have to sort through and download it all individually.
It is convenient to just download and pay for one thing and get everything they offer.
I just hadn't gotten around to getting it prior to it being discontinued.

Foolishsk8er89
12-04-2014, 03:15 AM
so I saw this on the livestream but don't know if the game is available now and if so how do I get it

"* FREE DLC AND FREE GAME AVAILABLE ON UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK. FREE GAME TO BE REDEEMED BY NO LATER THAN MARCH 15, 2015. LIMITED TO ONE OFFER PER PERSON. INTERnET CONNECTION AND ACCOUNT (UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK) REQUIRED TO USE/PLAY DOWNLOAD. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. PRODUCT SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. SPECIFIC LIST OF GAMES AVAILABLE FOR FREE MAY VARY PER COUNTRY AND PLATFORM. FREE GAME LIMITED TO PLATFORM ON WHICH ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY WAS INITIALLY PURCHASED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. YOU MUST MEET THE MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS, WHICH VARY BY COUNTRY, TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT. IN ADDITION, UBISOFT’S TERMS OF USE AS POSTED ON UBI.COM APPLY."

Ureh
12-04-2014, 04:55 AM
so I saw this on the livestream but don't know if the game is available now and if so how do I get it

"* FREE DLC AND FREE GAME AVAILABLE ON UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK. FREE GAME TO BE REDEEMED BY NO LATER THAN MARCH 15, 2015. LIMITED TO ONE OFFER PER PERSON. INTERnET CONNECTION AND ACCOUNT (UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK) REQUIRED TO USE/PLAY DOWNLOAD. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. PRODUCT SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. SPECIFIC LIST OF GAMES AVAILABLE FOR FREE MAY VARY PER COUNTRY AND PLATFORM. FREE GAME LIMITED TO PLATFORM ON WHICH ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY WAS INITIALLY PURCHASED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. YOU MUST MEET THE MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS, WHICH VARY BY COUNTRY, TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT. IN ADDITION, UBISOFT’S TERMS OF USE AS POSTED ON UBI.COM APPLY."

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-186650-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

At the moment, they're still devising a system for that offer. When it's ready they'll post updates and announcements.

JustyceLoyal
12-04-2014, 08:46 AM
That is great to hear, but I still cannot play AC Unity..Is there another patch or something coming?..I cannot even access Uplay or AC Initiates....As of 4 days ago I haven't been able to play AC Unity..I did everything the support guy told me step by step..even clearing cache and re installing game..I've tried all the trouble shooting steps the ubi support member Meera sent me via the email and well as speaking to me via telephone.

I have completed 83% and it has been a really crappy 4days of unable to play..I wish I knew about this site before..As I could have avoid some things.

Can anyone with XBOX ONE help me while I wait for the technical staff to get back to me in 1-2 days?
Do you think this can be fixed?..because I'm near tears..as this is the first ever real time and effort I put in to play this game.

danno77
12-04-2014, 12:58 PM
That is great to hear, but I still cannot play AC Unity..Is there another patch or something coming?..I cannot even access Uplay or AC Initiates....As of 4 days ago I haven't been able to play AC Unity..I did everything the support guy told me step by step..even clearing cache and re installing game..I've tried all the trouble shooting steps the ubi support member Meera sent me via the email and well as speaking to me via telephone.

I have completed 83% and it has been a really crappy 4days of unable to play..I wish I knew about this site before..As I could have avoid some things.

Can anyone with XBOX ONE help me while I wait for the technical staff to get back to me in 1-2 days?
Do you think this can be fixed?..because I'm near tears..as this is the first ever real time and effort I put in to play this game.

just forget it man, go and pre-order AC Victory

SenseHomunculus
12-04-2014, 02:38 PM

To be a bit cynical about it, it may be that they'll put off the free game downloads until the 1st of the year because every free game download would be a loss against their bottom line. If they postpone accumulating those losses until the new year, their bottom line for 2014 looks much better. Just a thought...

Mr_Shade
12-04-2014, 03:15 PM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-186650-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

At the moment, they're still devising a system for that offer. When it's ready they'll post updates and announcements.

Indeed ;)

Please watch the site and the forums for details of the offer - coming soon!

The process is not a simple one, since Ubisoft does not have access to your PSN/XBL accounts, so while it may seem like a simple task, however it's not.

r3d-zombie-
12-04-2014, 03:38 PM
To be a bit cynical about it, it may be that they'll put off the free game downloads until the 1st of the year because every free game download would be a loss against their bottom line. If they postpone accumulating those losses until the new year, their bottom line for 2014 looks much better. Just a thought...

going off last years financial report, their year runs until March 31'st, iirc

DanPenfold
12-04-2014, 06:32 PM
I cannot wait for a free game. Snd cannot wait for the next assassins creed next gen game.

Randymontelimar
12-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Bonsoir, avez vous une solution pour ceux qui ont déjà tous les jeux proposé? Il serait logique d'avoir un remboursement du saison pass pour ceux qui ont déjà tous les jeux proposé

sammychii
12-05-2014, 07:14 AM
do we get codes for the free game? when will we know when to get it :confused:

giannipex
12-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Ubisoft, take a break! Assassin's Creed every two years! Stop!

DanPenfold
12-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Ubisoft, take a break! Assassin's Creed every two years! Stop!

No, We need these games, And if you don't like them, That's you. They all have there good story lines. Why don't you want them every 2 years?

small faces
12-05-2014, 09:09 PM
I get a email to take a short survey and the link to the site does not work...

How funny....

DanPenfold
12-05-2014, 09:18 PM
I get a email to take a short survey and the link to the site does not work...

How funny....

There's no need to right big like that, And maybe it's a bug. That needs to be looked into thanks.

teedub996
12-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Tried to take the email survey, 10% off sounded good, but it doesn't work either. I entered my age, hit next, and it said survey over. No 10% off coupon, can't take it again. Too bad, I actually wanted to give constructive criticism, but I wasn't able to. This game is doomed. Fun game play, but online didn't work, co-op didn't work, Initiates didn't work, and then I started getting the CE error that made the game unplayable. I finally had to trade it in while I could still get some money out of it. Who wants DLC for a game that doesn't work? I'll never pre-order a UBI title again.

Seriously NSFW
12-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Hello. I didn't purchase the season pass in time before it was cancelled, but I'm interested in buying the weapons, armor and pre-order missions that are listed on Xbox live but say "bundle only". Will you release these later for purchase? I very much hope so. Thank you for your time

DanPenfold
12-06-2014, 12:33 AM
Just wait. If you need more info, Look on there twitter page thanks. :)

giannipex
12-06-2014, 01:10 AM
No, We need these games, And if you don't like them, That's you. They all have there good story lines. Why don't you want them every 2 years?

So, do you like glith and bug right? And 20 fps... Ok!

DanPenfold
12-06-2014, 02:01 AM
THEY ARE SORTING IT OUT, give them a bloody chance.

Lashley93
12-06-2014, 05:30 AM
Have they given an ETA on when we can get our free game yet?

FragllRok
12-06-2014, 06:24 AM

Firstly

I dont know about where you come from but in australia most blockbusters, civic video's and other renters like this often have a few hit titles for hire

Secondly,

the whole reason this free game and free DLC is happening is because a few glitches made it through PC's are always the hardest hit due to the sheer amount of combinations of graphics card, sound card, processors, motherboards and so on. I play on a Xbox one have been playing since launch and quiet happily seen verry little bugs other then the servers crashing but i suspect thats more likely due to immature individuals D,Dossing the servers.

and thirdly

I agree with Remersed why complain about something that is getting fixed patch by patch and has been appologised for. give ubisoft a break they are doing an amazing job reimbursing people which they dont really have to do.

if you are so upset about the game why then did you buy the season pass so soon after purchase if you were unhappy with the game in the first place... let me guess cause you heard you might get a free game out of it and have an opportunity to whinge about how you feel so ripped off that ubisoft is giving you a free game because there were a few glitches

FragllRok
12-06-2014, 06:40 AM
So, do you like glith and bug right? And 20 fps... Ok!

I gather you are on PC?

patches take time to make not only do you have to figure out what part of the code is giving hastles, what hardware are having compatability issues, where the video cache isn't being cleared... Then you have to try and fix it,
Have you ever tried writing code? i bet your answer is no or else you would realise what is going on
when trying to repair code you are dealing with a logic chain so if you change one command at say line 5 it might show no signs of fault untill line 95 and even still may only happen once in a million chance so being able to figure out weather the problem is fixed at all can be quite trickey.
also take into consideration how many millions of combinations make up your average gaming PC each component may potentialy cause a compatibility issue,

so you cant really blame the game when they have appologised and compansated people far more generously then they have too

Hamster-Breath
12-06-2014, 02:17 PM
The issue around the free game for season pass holders isn't simply about how long it's taking to get it, it's more about the fact that we have not been given even a rough timescale of when to expect its availability. All we know is the deadline of when we have to make the download by.

That being said, personally i will be surprised (but happy) if the game download is made available before christmas. My reasoning is that ubisoft will hurt their pre christmas sales more by enabling the download before christmas compared to doing so after.

But please ubisoft, don't give us the mushroom treatment on this one. You have given us a deadline date so why not at least give a rough idea of availability, and let us know if this changes significantly. I'm sure it will lead to less posts on here about you staying tight lipped, and a little more goodwill towards you.

QuliusCaesar
12-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Since patch 3, my game won't even start. Every time i get it to load ot finally see arno, the game resets itself.
Anyone else having this issue?

DanPenfold
12-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Since patch 3, my game won't even start. Every time i get it to load ot finally see arno, the game resets itself.
Anyone else having this issue?

Hello. Can you look at this http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-186654-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32. thanks.

Jacefumi 46
12-06-2014, 08:22 PM

I have posted 4 times to your support team and have not been replied to? My game freezes permanently and cannot play online , cannot delete in game contacts because it will not connect online , also bought AC rogue finished completely but will not synch to initiates . I have played many games for many years but never have I experienced a game with so many obvious problems but still you decide to release it when it clearly wasn't ready. You are still advertising and selling this game making loads of money on something that if it were any other product would have been recalled if ubisoft doesn't like the responses it's getting from its loyal customers then it only has itself to blame. I probably wouldn't feel as bad if I felt like anyone from ubisoft actually gave a damn a simple response from your support team would be a good start I look forward to hearing from you in the near future but I doubt it.

DanPenfold
12-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Can you go to https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport and give them your ticket number thanks.

FragllRok
12-07-2014, 02:08 AM
you guys are lucky im not the one awarding the free stuff otherwise by about page 12 i would have gone, "you know what screw it, try to do something nice for people and they just keep whining?"

do you complain when someone gives you a christmass present and its something you dont really wan't do you turn to the person and go "eeerrr granny you got the wrong one, your such an idiot"

what is wrong with you people.

So what if you have to wait till after christmass, just cause their giving you something dosn't meen its a christmas present thats only then a couple of weeks away. ive been waiting months to play the new Doom beta i got with Wolfenstien TNO.
no sign and thats just a beta not even a full game, its also one of the main reason i bought wolfenstien aswell

ya see going back a few years, gamers had patience, gamers had tact, gamers understood that making a game takes time, and fixing glitches takes time, gamers posted actual problems their having with the software rather then posting digs at the companie because what you bought at the store didn't work 100%

im not having a go at people on this forum who are posting genuine issues that they are hoping to be told how to fix, but more the ones who are complaning to Ubisoft because they didn't get the season pass cause the thought the game was broken, or "the games broken i want a refund", "i was ripped off and ubisoft owes me because i have to wait a couple of weeks for the patch"

guys its not going to stay broken the team are fixing it!
your still going to have access to it and be able to play the whole game once the patch is inplace and you get a free DLC

so to all you impatient people out there i know its stressfull this time of year what with christmas just around the corner some of you probably couldn't wait and snuck into your parents closet to have a peek at what your getting i bet.

but PLEASE remember Ubisoft doesn't owe you anything! they are doing something nice for people who are being a bunch of ungratefull bratts winging at them for doing it

if they revoke the free game and DLC i know why... back off and leave the guys to do their job maybe it will happen quicker

Game responsibly, be happy, respect each other and the people who bring us games they have a hard job to do and they do it really well... can you do better?

I hereby revoke my "Gamer" status as i dont want to be lumped with a bunch of stroppy ungratefull ingrates who are jumping up and down complaining about a free gift

DanPenfold
12-07-2014, 02:30 AM
you guys are lucky im not the one awarding the free stuff otherwise by about page 12 i would have gone, "you know what screw it, try to do something nice for people and they just keep whining?"

do you complain when someone gives you a christmass present and its something you dont really wan't do you turn to the person and go "eeerrr granny you got the wrong one, your such an idiot"

what is wrong with you people.

So what if you have to wait till after christmass, just cause their giving you something dosn't meen its a christmas present thats only then a couple of weeks away. ive been waiting months to play the new Doom beta i got with Wolfenstien TNO.
no sign and thats just a beta not even a full game, its also one of the main reason i bought wolfenstien aswell

ya see going back a few years, gamers had patience, gamers had tact, gamers understood that making a game takes time, and fixing glitches takes time, gamers posted actual problems their having with the software rather then posting digs at the companie because what you bought at the store didn't work 100%

im not having a go at people on this forum who are posting genuine issues that they are hoping to be told how to fix, but more the ones who are complaning to Ubisoft because they didn't get the season pass cause the thought the game was broken, or "the games broken i want a refund", "i was ripped off and ubisoft owes me because i have to wait a couple of weeks for the patch"

guys its not going to stay broken the team are fixing it!
your still going to have access to it and be able to play the whole game once the patch is inplace and you get a free DLC

so to all you impatient people out there i know its stressfull this time of year what with christmas just around the corner some of you probably couldn't wait and snuck into your parents closet to have a peek at what your getting i bet.

but PLEASE remember Ubisoft doesn't owe you anything! they are doing something nice for people who are being a bunch of ungratefull bratts winging at them for doing it

if they revoke the free game and DLC i know why... back off and leave the guys to do their job maybe it will happen quicker

Game responsibly, be happy, respect each other and the people who bring us games they have a hard job to do and they do it really well... can you do better?

I hereby revoke my "Gamer" status as i dont want to be lumped with a bunch of stroppy ungratefull ingrates who are jumping up and down complaining about a free gift

Can you be a bit nicer to people. Some might find you offensive. Thanks.

FragllRok
12-07-2014, 02:48 AM
I have played many games for many years but never have I experienced a game with so many obvious problems but still you decide to release it when it clearly wasn't ready.

i take it you missed Aliens coloniel marines, painkiller, payday 2, halo(pc), skyrim, fallout new vegas, two worlds II, red dead redemption

i got nothing for paying my hard earned cash for these titles and didn't receive anything except i think a $2 trade in value from eb games

all these titles have had masses of glitches in the final release, i understand if you are on the pc there are a few more issues there due to driver issues and the ilk but come on guys its not that bad and its being fixed unlike most of the games on the list above be patient.

ok so the game came out a little premeturely but seriously some bugs and driver conflicts cant be known untill it hits the open market settle down be patient help is coming

DanPenfold
12-07-2014, 02:52 AM
You get this in all open world games, They have had to fix a lot in GTA 5 open world game.

FragllRok
12-07-2014, 03:12 AM
Can you be a bit nicer to people. Some might find you offensive. Thanks.

i just get a bit passionate when i see people attacking something for doing something nice, and thinking they are owed something when their is no claim.

i studied 3d animation so i know how much work goes into that side of it, friends of mine are amazing at coding things and that just does my head in how they can keep their mind on track through some several hundred lines of code. so i have a pretty good understanding about how hard ubisofts job is.

it sickens me to see people attack with no mercy someone who has put up their hand said sorry we made a bit of a mess we are cleaning it up it might take us a while but here when we are done you can have this game or DLC we spent months if not years creating costing the company quite a chunk of money.

if you went to the convenience store and the clerk was cleaning a mess on the floor in the isle for the milk due to OH&S had to warden off the area for two minutes, do you demand a discount cause you had to wait to get a bottle of milk, is complaning going to get the mess cleaned up any faster... no

and when others are posting "well WOW gave me 5 free hours almost straight away" Lets put this in perspective shall we at least ubisoft arn't charging you to play the game in the firstplace so you have like what 100hrs+ of FREE gameplay there and free DLC thats like another 4-6hrs of free gameplay there or if you were like me trusted the company enough to buy the season pass cause i would have eventualy anyway and had the spare cash, you get a whole free games with another 100 odd hours of gameplay. then theres the case that this is a whole new engine created for this game not just an expansion pack which they charge as much for as the original game. every game i have played that comes out on a custom made engine are going to have a couple of bugs anyone who has played games over 10 years should know this.

but it seems since the introduction of consoles so many people seem to have lost all patience and appreciation for the people who entertain us.

i bet if you gave all these people $1000 renumeration 75% of them would still try and ask for more.

its sickening

Jflow_79
12-07-2014, 04:12 AM
i just get a bit passionate when i see people attacking something for doing something nice, and thinking they are owed something when their is no claim.

i studied 3d animation so i know how much work goes into that side of it, friends of mine are amazing at coding things and that just does my head in how they can keep their mind on track through some several hundred lines of code. so i have a pretty good understanding about how hard ubisofts job is.

it sickens me to see people attack with no mercy someone who has put up their hand said sorry we made a bit of a mess we are cleaning it up it might take us a while but here when we are done you can have this game or DLC we spent months if not years creating costing the company quite a chunk of money.

if you went to the convenience store and the clerk was cleaning a mess on the floor in the isle for the milk due to OH&S had to warden off the area for two minutes, do you demand a discount cause you had to wait to get a bottle of milk, is complaning going to get the mess cleaned up any faster... no

and when others are posting "well WOW gave me 5 free hours almost straight away" Lets put this in perspective shall we at least ubisoft arn't charging you to play the game in the firstplace so you have like what 100hrs+ of FREE gameplay there and free DLC thats like another 4-6hrs of free gameplay there or if you were like me trusted the company enough to buy the season pass cause i would have eventualy anyway and had the spare cash, you get a whole free games with another 100 odd hours of gameplay. then theres the case that this is a whole new engine created for this game not just an expansion pack which they charge as much for as the original game. every game i have played that comes out on a custom made engine are going to have a couple of bugs anyone who has played games over 10 years should know this.

but it seems since the introduction of consoles so many people seem to have lost all patience and appreciation for the people who entertain us.

i bet if you gave all these people $1000 renumeration 75% of them would still try and ask for more.

its sickening

Granted I fully understand your point and follow most of your views though, some, not everyone bought the game for it's Co-op gameplay and for it to be released and that part of the game was completely broken and wasn't fixed for almost a month, that they might be a little testy that they spent hard earned money on the game for basically one purpose and then to not have it, the co-op was hyped and hyped and hyped...I watched the first twitch program and got the prison stuff and all that and most of the people during the singleplayer portion were waiting to see the co-op. This just being one of the major glitches then to come and have so many major glitches that the game was unplayable for a huge amount of time and for some, like myself still unplayable due to minor glitches, (broken spotting by npc's and npc that spot you and you using the last known position method for assassination yet the npc never moves no matter how long you let him spot you.) Understand their disgruntlement, I have a computer guru as a friend and know it takes a lot of work to code a game yet I would have happily waited another month or 2 for Unity to come out to have a full game that I could happily experience with my friends. Yet that was not the case and these people did shell out hard earned money for a game that came to us broken and feeling incomplete...they have a right to be angry. I myself have been a Ubisoft fan for years and can't wait for some of the upcoming titles yet if they do this again I for-see Ubisoft having a lot of people bailing from their bandwagon and Ubisoft loosing loads of money could even lead to bankruptcy. That said they should be dedicating most of their time to 2 things right now and not making players wait a long time for...the fixes to Unity and the free game setup. Ubisoft is still a leader in the best games put out yet one disaster could destroy them...aka see The Titanic.

FragllRok
12-07-2014, 06:05 AM
Granted I fully understand your point and follow most of your views though, some, not everyone bought the game for it's Co-op gameplay and for it to be released and that part of the game was completely broken and wasn't fixed for almost a month, that they might be a little testy that they spent hard earned money on the game for basically one purpose and then to not have it, the co-op was hyped and hyped and hyped...I watched the first twitch program and got the prison stuff and all that and most of the people during the singleplayer portion were waiting to see the co-op. This just being one of the major glitches then to come and have so many major glitches that the game was unplayable for a huge amount of time and for some, like myself still unplayable due to minor glitches, (broken spotting by npc's and npc that spot you and you using the last known position method for assassination yet the npc never moves no matter how long you let him spot you.) Understand their disgruntlement, I have a computer guru as a friend and know it takes a lot of work to code a game yet I would have happily waited another month or 2 for Unity to come out to have a full game that I could happily experience with my friends. Yet that was not the case and these people did shell out hard earned money for a game that came to us broken and feeling incomplete...they have a right to be angry. I myself have been a Ubisoft fan for years and can't wait for some of the upcoming titles yet if they do this again I for-see Ubisoft having a lot of people bailing from their bandwagon and Ubisoft loosing loads of money could even lead to bankruptcy. That said they should be dedicating most of their time to 2 things right now and not making players wait a long time for...the fixes to Unity and the free game setup. Ubisoft is still a leader in the best games put out yet one disaster could destroy them...aka see The Titanic.

yes i understand that people might be a little hurt that they couldn't jump straight into co-op but i must say wasnt too long ago i bought GTA 5 for 360 and had exactly the same issue only there it wasn't due to the bugs it was purely to give playstation earlier access... i didn't hear nearly the same song and dance about that one even though it was purely a marketing ploy far more devious then someone makeing a genuine mistake by missing a few glitches.

and when their survers crashed and players lost everything they gave us back 20 lvls and 500,000 in game credits at that point my character was lvl 30 and i had well in excess of 1.5million in assets yet no-one seems to mind too much about that do they

and i too agree and have stated in previous posts that it was a little premeture but what blockbusters haven't been a little underbaked lately. its unfortunate but almost every game is now... at least their not selling us the storyline in portions like destiny is.

they have a right to be annoyed but not to completely fill the blog with demands for compensation now, and so what if they want to wait till after christmass its a busy time of year im sure their working day and night trying to solve all of our issues and aren't programmers entitled to a festive season like the rest of us.

at the end of the day its a video game i spent $140AUD on and i only get $490AUD a fortnight now im not jumping up and down demanding justice this second, even though i spent over a quarter of my fortnightly paycheck.
these things take time to implement and quite frankly im stoked that im getting a free game getting effectively $100 worth of merchandise free.

if its that broken wait a little bit let them figure it out and come back and play it when its fixed, im sure there are some other games you can still play right.

and im sure that after giving out effectively 1000's of copies of games and millions of copies of the DLC they are going to make sure their next few releases arn't going to do the same

at least they admit they stuffed up and are working on it unlike so so many other games that have come out

DanPenfold
12-07-2014, 07:15 AM
Some people are idiots not all of them tho :)

MGmgs100
12-07-2014, 08:27 AM
For some reason, it will not let me download the Razor Spear and can we find another way to unlock Altair's outfit? I can't use the Companion App, it wrecks my phone:(

DanPenfold
12-07-2014, 09:41 AM
For some reason, it will not let me download the Razor Spear and can we find another way to unlock Altair's outfit? I can't use the Companion App, it wrecks my phone:(

Let them get the patch sorted first. Then go on to stuff like that kind of feedback. :)

TahjaEstes
12-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Tossing in my general opinion here, hope no one minds.

To me the sad thing is, blockbuster games being released with game-breaking bugs shouldn't be acceptable. A few glitches here and there are hardly as big a deal as something that leaves the disc about as valuable as a coaster, so don't take this as my demanding that every game be perfect at release. In fact I bought Skyrim because of some of the hilarious glitches that were being posted to youtube, but the ones I saw didn't break the game. Consoles as I used to know them have changed. Now more than ever they're more like miniature computers than toys. I also will say that I kind of expected SOME issues since this is the first truly next-gen AC game on a new console.

STILL, being stuck with a product that might or might not be fully functional for a month+ should never be considered the norm. It's depressing that it's becoming so acceptable that people's response is more or less "Oh well this is normal, the same thing happened with six other games in the last two years.". Just... no. How about we hold the companies to higher standards? How about they hold themselves to higher standards?

The only reason it has become the norm is that people (and I'm including consumers, the companies, the people that pass (or fail) games for sale, etc. but mostly the consumers and developers) have let it. I'm sure the technology plays into things a bit, but it wasn't always this way. It used to be when you bought a game you took it home, put it in, and it worked.

The end. If it didn't, odds were there was an issue with your console, not the game itself, or maybe you got a defective cartridge or disc (it happens no matter what type of technology it is, that's what exchanges and refunds are for).

I don't think anyone is denying that a lot of work goes into the games of today, but everyone benefits from taking the extra time to do things right the first time. It's pretty frustrating that they rushed so much to get the game out, but when it comes to acknowleding support tickets and giving solid dates, any sort of transparency, really, that's when they decide to take their time. I guess it just feels like they tossed out standards in lieu of getting their game out faster. Would you want to pay for and eat pie that was only one-third cooked? How about chicken? When you pay for a product or service and it doesn't meet the standards of that financial contract then swift resolution (as swift as is within their power, at least) and good customer service is the least of what you can expect. We've gotten neither, because Ubisoft hasn't nailed down dates or given us a good idea of the scope of the problem and the work needed to fix it.

To be perfectly fair now that I've had some time to calm down a big part of me is glad for it if it means definite fixes this time. The problems I have right now are that 1.) That is a huge IF, since we're three patches in and still having some of the same major problems, and 2.) "soon" could be a few days, or a few weeks, or a few months. I might have missed a definite date, though, so if anyone has one it would really go a long way to making me feel that much better.

I feel like much of this situation could have been avoided if more care was taken at several points along the way. It's sad that it's escalated this far but it seems inevitable with the lack of open communication.

So, I don't know. At this point I'm more disenchanted and frustrated than anything. I won't be buying any future games at launch, and instead I plan to wait for the patches to be released going forward. If I lose patience with this I guess I'll just be starting from scratch and making sure I don't add in-game contacts next time around.

And despite the size of this post, I'm not angry and I don't mean to offend anyone. This is just my two cents on then-versus-now.

DanPenfold
12-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Tossing in my general opinion here, hope no one minds.

To me the sad thing is, blockbuster games being released with game-breaking bugs shouldn't be acceptable. A few glitches here and there are hardly as big a deal as something that leaves the disc about as valuable as a coaster, so don't take this as my demanding that every game be perfect at release. In fact I bought Skyrim because of some of the hilarious glitches that were being posted to youtube, but the ones I saw didn't break the game. Consoles as I used to know them have changed. Now more than ever they're more like miniature computers than toys. I also will say that I kind of expected SOME issues since this is the first truly next-gen AC game on a new console.

STILL, being stuck with a product that might or might not be fully functional for a month+ should never be considered the norm. It's depressing that it's becoming so acceptable that people's response is more or less "Oh well this is normal, the same thing happened with six other games in the last two years.". Just... no. How about we hold the companies to higher standards? How about they hold themselves to higher standards?

The only reason it has become the norm is that people (and I'm including consumers, the companies, the people that pass (or fail) games for sale, etc. but mostly the consumers and developers) have let it. I'm sure the technology plays into things a bit, but it wasn't always this way. It used to be when you bought a game you took it home, put it in, and it worked.

The end. If it didn't, odds were there was an issue with your console, not the game itself, or maybe you got a defective cartridge or disc (it happens no matter what type of technology it is, that's what exchanges and refunds are for).

I don't think anyone is denying that a lot of work goes into the games of today, but everyone benefits from taking the extra time to do things right the first time. It's pretty frustrating that they rushed so much to get the game out, but when it comes to acknowleding support tickets and giving solid dates, any sort of transparency, really, that's when they decide to take their time. I guess it just feels like they tossed out standards in lieu of getting their game out faster. Would you want to pay for and eat pie that was only one-third cooked? How about chicken? When you pay for a product or service and it doesn't meet the standards of that financial contract then swift resolution (as swift as is within their power, at least) and good customer service is the least of what you can expect. We've gotten neither, because Ubisoft hasn't nailed down dates or given us a good idea of the scope of the problem and the work needed to fix it.

To be perfectly fair now that I've had some time to calm down a big part of me is glad for it if it means definite fixes this time. The problems I have right now are that 1.) That is a huge IF, since we're three patches in and still having some of the same major problems, and 2.) "soon" could be a few days, or a few weeks, or a few months. I might have missed a definite date, though, so if anyone has one it would really go a long way to making me feel that much better.

I feel like much of this situation could have been avoided if more care was taken at several points along the way. It's sad that it's escalated this far but it seems inevitable with the lack of open communication.

So, I don't know. At this point I'm more disenchanted and frustrated than anything. I won't be buying any future games at launch, and instead I plan to wait for the patches to be released going forward. If I lose patience with this I guess I'll just be starting from scratch and making sure I don't add in-game contacts next time around.

And despite the size of this post, I'm not angry and I don't mean to offend anyone. This is just my two cents on then-versus-now.

Some people are not even haveing issues. But there are a lot of COOP issues that need to sorted out as well. But i won't post them just yet. Just in case someone else might :P

Phreakydeke27
12-07-2014, 10:57 AM
I don't care about the bugs. Bugs can be fixed. What bothers me is that since the season pass was discontinued players, have to wait and see if they will give us Chronicles China, Revolutionary Paris and the exclusive Fleur de Lys sword. Plus, 30 more weapons. evolutionary Paris and the exclusive Fleur de Lys sword was available on launch with season pass. I would like to know if all the dlc will be available at some point. I don't care if I have to pay something. I want Dead Kings, Chronicles China, Revolutionary Paris and the exclusive Fleur de Lys sword, and the 30 new weapons. Pulling the season pass just makes it worse. Ubisoft could have still gave the free Dead Kings dlc. The free game could have still been given out by saying that all season pass bought by November 30th got the free game. Any season passes after that would just get the dlc content and those who didn't buy the dlc got Dead Kings at least for free. I think this was a hasty move. The only pulling the season pass would have work had all the dlc been free. So now we get Dead Kings and maybe Chronics China w/o pass and the rest of dlc is lost to us.

Btw, I had a season pass I bought over 2 weeks ago. I was waiting until the bugs were fixed to even open the game. But when I saw the pass season was discontinued I tried my pass and it wouldn't work. I contacted Ubisoft and there was nothing they could do. So I'm out $30 and not sure how else I will get what I paid for.

DanPenfold
12-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Chronicles China, is comeing out.

Phreakydeke27
12-07-2014, 11:07 AM
But what about the rest of the dlc. Like the 30 weapons and the Revolutionary Paris with exclusive sword released at launch with pass. I bought a season pass but waited too long to activate it.

Phreakydeke27
12-07-2014, 11:09 AM
So Chronicles China is coming out w/o pass? What about the rest of the dlc. That was one part. The 30 new weapons and Revolutionary Paris. I want what I paid for.

TahjaEstes
12-07-2014, 05:21 PM
As far as I understood it season passes just meant that players who have the season pass get first crack at it and have already paid for the content (I say this as someone who has never purchased one before but seen different games take different approaches). They would HAVE to provide the other in-game content to players or issue a refund of some kind. Otherwise what they're doing is bait-and-switch. I know saying "I wouldn't worry" doesn't mean much here (and honestly I WOULD be a little worried), but... I'd like to hope even Ubisoft isn't dumb enough to miss the idiocy of a move like THAT. They'd have an even bigger mess and a definite lawsuit on their hands.

Odds are you'll still be able to redeem the other content once they have the system for the free downloads sorted out (can't they just send out some kind of promo code to buyers of the SP or use some kind of web site promo code like they did with the Drop game?). Fingers crossed for you guys, honest to God.

DanPenfold
12-07-2014, 11:20 PM
Can we just wait, They will let you know what is coming out keep an eye out on the LIVE UPDATES. for more info, on the updates. and what's happening.

wickywoowoo
12-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Can we just wait, They will let you know what is coming out keep an eye out on the LIVE UPDATES. for more info, on the updates. and what's happening.

You seem to be taking these posts way to personally, you're flying off the handle in pretty much every post. Are you Dan Ubisoft or something, lol.

DanPenfold
12-07-2014, 11:45 PM
No, But i understand, How they are trying to get the patch out as soon as they can. :)

wickywoowoo
12-07-2014, 11:56 PM
No, But i understand, How they are trying to get the patch out as soon as they can. :)

True, I agree but not everyone has the time to read all the threads on here. The organisation is lax at best and the search function is not overly helpful either. Unfortunately with such a major mess like Unity has been, people will just make repeat posts and threads to get answers. I hope Ubisoft avoid these issues on future releases in all franchises.

DanPenfold
12-08-2014, 12:07 AM
True, I agree but not everyone has the time to read all the threads on here. The organisation is lax at best and the search function is not overly helpful either. Unfortunately with such a major mess like Unity has been, people will just make repeat posts and threads to get answers. I hope Ubisoft avoid these issues on future releases in all franchises.

I think when the new assassins creed comes out next ear. It will be a bit better then unity was.

wickywoowoo
12-08-2014, 12:30 AM
I haven't played Unity yet and won't until next year. I played Rogue first and my time to game has been limited recently. I've only just installed it and downloaded DLC from my pre-order. I am lucky with my timing that I may well avoid the major problems with Unity.

DanPenfold
12-08-2014, 12:39 AM
I haven't played Unity yet and won't until next year. I played Rogue first and my time to game has been limited recently. I've only just installed it and downloaded DLC from my pre-order. I am lucky with my timing that I may well avoid the major problems with Unity.

Is there a way i can pm you?

supermascle1985
12-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Hello all,

Ubisoft Montreal and Toronto's CEO, Yannis Mallat, has just released an announcement on Assassin's Creed Unity. You can read his message and announcement on our live updates blog here: assassinscreed.com/update (http://assassinscreed.com/update)

If you have questions about this upcoming offer, please refer to our FAQ first, but we will try to respond to your questions here or in the comments of that blog: assassinscreed.com/faq/ (http://www.assassinscreed.com/faq/)

Regards,

Johkr
AC Community Manager

queria saber cuando me enviaran la clave o el correo para la descarga de el juego gratuito por tener el seasson pass, gracias

Evil Valk
12-08-2014, 04:56 PM
My question is this:

I put in a support ticket but was never responded to. I bought my season pass in the morning/afternoon of the day that they cancelled it. I had entered in my season pass well before receiving the email and update that they had put a hold on everything. So will I still receive my free game? If not then I want to be refunded my money. I would just like an answer so that I may figure out what to do. Thank you.

Ureh
12-08-2014, 10:16 PM
My question is this:

I put in a support ticket but was never responded to. I bought my season pass in the morning/afternoon of the day that they cancelled it. I had entered in my season pass well before receiving the email and update that they had put a hold on everything. So will I still receive my free game? If not then I want to be refunded my money. I would just like an answer so that I may figure out what to do. Thank you.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you qualify for the bonus game.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-187731-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Hope those pages answer your question.

PicSnapper
12-09-2014, 01:40 PM
At what point are we going to be able to get our free game??

Mr_Shade
12-09-2014, 06:38 PM
At what point are we going to be able to get our free game??

Hi there,

The team are working on the claim process - we hope to share news on how to claim soon!

Papos_92
12-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Hi there,

The team are working on the claim process - we hope to share news on how to claim soon!

********. that process would be a matter of hours, not weeks.
Just trying to keep the heat off the mess that is unity...

Jflow_79
12-09-2014, 08:52 PM
There is no keeping the heat off the mess that is Unity because it's still a mess for just about everyone and we are working on month 2 of a game release of a totally broken game. Hard to take that heat off when you own a game you can't finish because the npc's are broken, stealth is broken. I just wish they would either finish the free game claims so I can get a working game to entertain me while I wait for the next 6 months for Unity to be fixed.

yffe
12-10-2014, 10:05 PM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/152-188063-16/assassins-creed-unity-incoming-brotherhood-weekend

r3d-zombie-
12-10-2014, 10:31 PM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/152-188063-16/assassins-creed-unity-incoming-brotherhood-weekend

huh, what's wrong with that? & what has it to do re the OP.

Jflow_79
12-10-2014, 11:11 PM
huh, what's wrong with that? & what has it to do re the OP.

I'm not the OP but I can offer the knowledge the rest of us already know...Unity is broken for what 90% of the population of players and offering a weekend before it's fixed is stupid.

r3d-zombie-
12-10-2014, 11:19 PM
I'm not the OP but I can offer the knowledge the rest of us already know...Unity is broken for what 90% of the population of players and offering a weekend before it's fixed is stupid.

ah, right. so your just having a moan?. apologies. carry on.

Jflow_79
12-11-2014, 03:04 AM
ah, right. so your just having a moan?. apologies. carry on.

A moan? please don't insult people when they offer friendly already known information. Further more the stupidity of Ubisoft to offer a weekend of extra crap for a broken game is quite wrong in all aspects of gaming etiquette, if most people can not play the game why offer to give bonuses and extras on a weekend before they fix the problems almost every Unity player is having.

r3d-zombie-
12-11-2014, 03:59 AM
A moan? please don't insult people when they offer friendly already known information. Further more the stupidity of Ubisoft to offer a weekend of extra crap for a broken game is quite wrong in all aspects of gaming etiquette, if most people can not play the game why offer to give bonuses and extras on a weekend before they fix the problems almost every Unity player is having.

my bad, apologies again. not a moan.

CowboyH3nk
12-11-2014, 03:15 PM
okay...let's get back OT

when do we get patch 4, which presumably is gonna fix everything and then some....

when do people who ordered the Season Pass get there free game? Shouldn't be that hard to do, right? Or are you waiting till the titles are on Christmas sale to match the sale prices to the money spend on the Season Pass? I was hoping to play FC4 while waiting for patch 4....

when are all the webservices fixed? such as initiates? still not working correctly...so why release it then?

r3d-zombie-
12-12-2014, 03:00 AM
when do people who ordered the Season Pass get there free game? Shouldn't be that hard to do, right? Or are you waiting till the titles are on Christmas sale to match the sale prices to the money spend on the Season Pass? I was hoping to play FC4 while waiting for patch 4....

next week, apparently

"From next week, you will be able to connect to a dedicated website to log in and select the free game of your choice. "

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-188535-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

PlumLoco
12-12-2014, 03:28 PM
next week, apparently

"From next week, you will be able to connect to a dedicated website to log in and select the free game of your choice. "

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-188535-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Hope the website actually works as intended. With the way Initiates is still broken for pretty much everyone I don't have high hopes about getting my free game before the year is out. I'd put money on the website being down all day the first day it goes live due to the influx of traffic.

SpitfireSpud
12-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Hope the website actually works as intended. With the way Initiates is still broken for pretty much everyone I don't have high hopes about getting my free game before the year is out. I'd put money on the website being down all day the first day it goes live due to the influx of traffic.

The site they refer to could be just for PC users, console gamers may get a message to use their Uplay apps etc..

Sly6eeN
12-12-2014, 11:52 PM
any updates?

Mkstnbrnr
12-13-2014, 12:16 AM
feeling like Ubisoft is going about this Patch with the Rockstar approach.......tell the mass's it's coming then stay quite til they seem to move on and forget about it....then bring it up again and then do nothing til they move on and forget about it. But in this case there will be another Assassins creed game out next year, so most won't care.:(

NarfNeverDie
12-14-2014, 11:48 PM
yea i doubt they will finished ACU correctly. They already work on next one and users are already all disappointed about the shameful work they did... It won't make any benefit to fix it so why would they do it ? With this games serie they had gold in hand and they are screwing it up. Companion app, u need to pay even more if u want to complete uplay goals by getting the boosts, the great story background vanished in the haze, etc..... Now they want to make games quickly and who cares if it sucks anyways its still sold 70 euros so no biggy for ubisoft... They dont care for users if they did they would have launched ACU later, when it would have been done.

FusedRapture
12-15-2014, 05:10 PM
Hello all,

Regards,

Johkr
AC Community Manager

any news when this update will come out its the 15th and i still cant play this game AT ALL

FragllRok
12-17-2014, 01:55 AM
yea i doubt they will finished ACU correctly. They already work on next one and users are already all disappointed about the shameful work they did... It won't make any benefit to fix it so why would they do it ? With this games serie they had gold in hand and they are screwing it up. Companion app, u need to pay even more if u want to complete uplay goals by getting the boosts, the great story background vanished in the haze, etc..... Now they want to make games quickly and who cares if it sucks anyways its still sold 70 euros so no biggy for ubisoft... They dont care for users if they did they would have launched ACU later, when it would have been done.

really they don't care... why are they giving away free AAA games as an apology or if you didn't buy the SP your getting free DLC content you really think ubisoft would give that stuff away if they didn't care. they are giving you a gift that is actually costing the company quite a considerable amount of money. so im just guessing here as i dont have access to the number of copies sold so lets just geuss at 9000 i would guess the number is probably alot higher but lets work with this. ok so out of these 9000 people i would estimate approx 1/3 bought the season pass so thats 3000 people getting a free new release game that would cost the company $50AUD on something that releases in store for $99.95 AUD
so theres about $150,000AUD there alone plus the other 6000 people getting the free DLC which would probably sell at around $20AUD so theres another $120,000 AUD in lost revenue there.
now again these figures are estimations and i would imagine worldwide these figures are probably at least doubled if not trippled.
and besides can you name another game that owned up to their stuff up and rewarded players with a substantial gift that actually cost the company a substantial sum of cash

Wahadinho
12-17-2014, 02:13 AM
This is stupid...

I've had my Season Pass key for such a long time and I tend not to redeem DLCs, outfits, etc etc as soon as I buy the game, for example now i have over 5 vouchers stacked on my table waiting to be activated. And because of that (and I belive I'm not the only one) I won't be able to redeem my free game because i haven't activated the key before 25th? That's really stupid and insulting.

Not every player redeems codes right after opening the box, online pass (when they were actual) is normal, but DLCs and stuff, why would I redeem immediately if im bored to type 25char code on gamepad and my PC is not even near me? If i own something that means i need to get it too, even I've not redeemed it before 25th.

As I said, I belive that there are a lot of players who didn't redeem their season passes immediately after buying the game, what now? We're going to miss free game?

Lashley93
12-17-2014, 06:30 AM
I purchased season pass in preparation of getting Unity for Christmas, I have proof of purchase and redeeming it on Playstation, how will I go about getting my free game? Thanks :)

FragllRok
12-17-2014, 07:33 AM
This is stupid...

I've had my Season Pass key for such a long time and I tend not to redeem DLCs, outfits, etc etc as soon as I buy the game, for example now i have over 5 vouchers stacked on my table waiting to be activated. And because of that (and I belive I'm not the only one) I won't be able to redeem my free game because i haven't activated the key before 25th? That's really stupid and insulting.

Not every player redeems codes right after opening the box, online pass (when they were actual) is normal, but DLCs and stuff, why would I redeem immediately if im bored to type 25char code on gamepad and my PC is not even near me? If i own something that means i need to get it too, even I've not redeemed it before 25th.

As I said, I belive that there are a lot of players who didn't redeem their season passes immediately after buying the game, what now? We're going to miss free game?

did you not get the email around the start of october which stated that your code must be redeemed before the 25th to be elligable it was in the same email that notified you of the free game and also the discontinuation of the sale of the season pass.

i dont know about you but if i were to get an email like that i would have activated that day.

besides why dont you enter the code when you buy it, too bad if you lost that scrap of paper with the code written on it.

i dont get why people want others to pay for their mistakes you were notified and you were warned

Lashley93
12-17-2014, 09:20 AM
did you not get the email around the start of october which stated that your code must be redeemed before the 25th to be elligable it was in the same email that notified you of the free game and also the discontinuation of the sale of the season pass.

i dont know about you but if i were to get an email like that i would have activated that day.

besides why dont you enter the code when you buy it, too bad if you lost that scrap of paper with the code written on it.

i dont get why people want others to pay for their mistakes you were notified and you were warned

Ive redeemed mine and have proof of doing so, is that all I need?

Phreakydeke27
12-17-2014, 09:59 AM
As far as I understood it season passes just meant that players who have the season pass get first crack at it and have already paid for the content (I say this as someone who has never purchased one before but seen different games take different approaches). They would HAVE to provide the other in-game content to players or issue a refund of some kind. Otherwise what they're doing is bait-and-switch. I know saying "I wouldn't worry" doesn't mean much here (and honestly I WOULD be a little worried), but... I'd like to hope even Ubisoft isn't dumb enough to miss the idiocy of a move like THAT. They'd have an even bigger mess and a definite lawsuit on their hands.

Odds are you'll still be able to redeem the other content once they have the system for the free downloads sorted out (can't they just send out some kind of promo code to buyers of the SP or use some kind of web site promo code like they did with the Drop game?). Fingers crossed for you guys, honest to God.

My issue is that I had a season pass but didn't try using it right away. I read about all the issues and decided to wait until they were fixed. Then I read that the season pass was discontinued. I tried my pass and it didn't work. Now I don't remember what I did with the stupid thing. I tried ubisoft and was told they are working it. I don't care about money if they give us the all the dlc. If not and you had to have a SP to get it all I'm screwed and out of like $30.

As for waiting and seeing. I get it. We have to wait for the fixes. But they could answer the dlc questions. Is all the dlc going to be free or charged a small price. The 30 weapons and the first mission were suppose to be released day one. I get they need to fix the game before the dlc is released, but they still could answer how they will handle the dlc.

PlumLoco
12-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Ive redeemed mine and have proof of doing so, is that all I need?

Yes, that is supposed to be all you need. As long as their website works like it's supposed to, when it goes live you're supposed to sign in with your Uplay account and then I believe you choose the game that you want and then the website will generate a code that you can redeem in the Xbox Live or PSN Store. Assuming everything with this website goes smoothly that is. I honestly won't be surprised if the site starts generating codes that don't work or if they website itself doesn't work at all. And we don't even know when the website will go live, they said "from next week" in their latest update post but it's Wednesday and we've gotten no news about it so who knows when we'll actually get access to it.

PlumLoco
12-17-2014, 03:19 PM
My issue is that I had a season pass but didn't try using it right away. I read about all the issues and decided to wait until they were fixed. Then I read that the season pass was discontinued. I tried my pass and it didn't work. Now I don't remember what I did with the stupid thing. I tried ubisoft and was told they are working it. I don't care about money if they give us the all the dlc. If not and you had to have a SP to get it all I'm screwed and out of like $30.

As for waiting and seeing. I get it. We have to wait for the fixes. But they could answer the dlc questions. Is all the dlc going to be free or charged a small price. The 30 weapons and the first mission were suppose to be released day one. I get they need to fix the game before the dlc is released, but they still could answer how they will handle the dlc.

As far as I'm aware you're only guaranteed the Dead Kings DLC for free if you haven't actually redeemed your season pass. Those of us that have redeemed it already will get all the promised season pass content plus a free game. I'm not sure what to tell you in regards to the redemption of the code though. It sucks that you actually spent money on it and now may not get what you paid for but I think they did this to prevent people from buying the season pass JUST to get a free game out of it.

You should at least be able to get what you paid for though. Do you have the proof of purchase for the season pass? If you can prove that you bought it before the deadline maybe Ubisoft will be willing to work with you on getting all the content that you're owed, maybe even the free game as well. You spent the money, you just didn't redeem the code so you should still be able to get the content in my opinion.

Edit: Just found this on the info page for the season pass offer-

Am I eligible to receive a free Ubisoft game?
If you purchased the Assassin’s Creed Unity Season Pass or Assassin’s Creed Unity Gold Edition (which includes the Season Pass), you are eligible to choose one free game from a select list of Ubisoft titles.*

Please note that the Season Pass needs to be redeemed in order for you to be recognized as eligible by the system. If you haven’t activated your Season Pass before November 25, a delay may occur to define your eligibility in our system.

It seems that you may still be able to qualify for the offer even if you didn't redeem the pass by Nov. 25 but there may be a delay in the process. You'll most likely have to contact customer service, using the website probably won't work.

Wahadinho
12-17-2014, 04:15 PM

Not a single email from ubisoft, or microsoft since i have the game and season pass on xbox one... Not on my Uplay email nor my Xbox Live email.

I didnt know about promotion untill they released statement on assassins creed FAQ page. I have no idea who and what content is in that email from october, and how anyone knew about it if they decided about it in late november (Free games and stuff).

Also I have bought Unity long time before release....

EDIT: I just checked, no email from Ubisoft nor Microsoft on my emails associated with Live and Uplay. I didn't lost it, it was just here, I do not tend to redeem codes as soon as i get them untill it's online pass or something that you cant play without, and I know im 100% sure im not the only one... I redeemed as soon as I saw the announcement and FAQ.

extermin8or_
12-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Not a single email from ubisoft, or microsoft since i have the game and season pass on xbox one... Not on my Uplay email nor my Xbox Live email.

I didnt know about promotion untill they released statement on assassins creed FAQ page. I have no idea who and what content is in that email from october, and how anyone knew about it if they decided about it in late november (Free games and stuff).

Also I have bought Unity long time before release....

EDIT: I just checked, no email from Ubisoft nor Microsoft on my emails associated with Live and Uplay. I didn't lost it, it was just here, I do not tend to redeem codes as soon as i get them untill it's online pass or something that you cant play without, and I know im 100% sure im not the only one... I redeemed as soon as I saw the announcement and FAQ.

Right your exact question has been asked in the very long comments section on the FAQ. If you have redeemed season pass you will get game if it was after 25th November there may be a slight delay. I'm not sure if it was 25 or 26th When I remembered to redeem mine.

Brunadas
12-17-2014, 08:33 PM
Do we know already when we going to get the free game?

Cheers

CrimzonRazor
12-18-2014, 12:04 AM

Cheers

It has been said on these forums that it will be sometime this week no one knows anymore then that

Ureh
12-18-2014, 12:06 AM

Cheers

No specific date yet. Just the above link stating that we'll able to select our free game this week from a dedicated website.

raducucosmin84
12-18-2014, 02:26 PM

No specific date yet. Just the above link stating that we'll able to select our free game this week from a dedicated website.

on the home page below, at the top right of the screen there's: "Learn how to claim your free game"

so I guess, this means it's soon due. the link actually takes you to the most recent patch notes, but still...

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/home/index.aspx

furrwin
12-18-2014, 03:20 PM
go to acu.ubi.com
site is still down tho but atleast we're near.

PlumLoco
12-18-2014, 04:38 PM
I knew this would happen. Live Update page claims the website is up, I click on the link and the page won't open at all. Figures.

Edit: Looks like I jumped the gun. I just went to the website and it worked fine so far. Waiting for the email from Ubi with the activation code. I'll post back here once I've actually claimed the free game and am downoading it.

Last Edit: Website works, code works, downloading my free copy of Far Cry 4 as I type this. Thanks Ubi! Also Initiates is finally working for me now (mostly anyway). Thanks for all the hard work guys, I know it hasn't been easy!

raducucosmin84
12-18-2014, 04:50 PM
just for other users info, if you have a PSN account, the code is like a general 12 digit redeemable code for PS Store. Be careful when you copy it from the email (I found it was better to enter it manually - with special care to capital letters).

LightCycle45
12-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Thank you Ubisoft team for all of your hard work!

I know you've received a lot of flack, but want you to know that AC Unity is still great despite some of the bugs and I'm looking forward to playing The Crew now too.

Got my code very quickly without any real issues. The one thing I would say to those who are waiting to receive your code, though, is check your spam/junk folder. I was waiting for about five minutes and thought that maybe it was sent to the wrong address or some other issue since the login/verification and selection process was so quick.

raducucosmin84
12-18-2014, 06:18 PM
Thank you indeed!. I think now after all the critique (justified as it may have been), maybe a thank you would also be in order.

masta_poland
12-18-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm wondering, why when I'm opening your www acu.ubi.com, clicking Xbox logo, small window appears 'log in to uplay', clicking it, and then....
Window with huge sign, "niezakwalifikowany" (in polish it means not classified).
Why?! I'm owner of digital version of assassin's creed unity GOLD, I downloaded it around 15.11 with season pass etc (now dlc named season pass dissappear from my xbox one).
They ask me to contact with ubisoft support that's why I'm here...
WHATs Next?!

bitebug2003
12-18-2014, 09:51 PM
I'm wondering, why when I'm opening your www acu.ubi.com, clicking Xbox logo, small window appears 'log in to uplay', clicking it, and then....
Window with huge sign, "niezakwalifikowany" (in polish it means not classified).
Why?! I'm owner of digital version of assassin's creed unity GOLD, I downloaded it around 15.11 with season pass etc (now dlc named season pass dissappear from my xbox one).
They ask me to contact with ubisoft support that's why I'm here...
WHATs Next?!

This isn't Ubisoft Support

In order to contact them please visit https://support.ubi.com/

Sly6eeN
12-24-2014, 12:13 AM
i can not chose fare cry 4 !!
why is that??
actually there is only
The Crew
Watchdogs
Just dance
AC Blackflag