PDA

View Full Version : joystick configuration

mike_espo
02-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Is there a file to set the joystick to account for rudder trim? I want to set it up to account for a fixed tab on the aelerons and rudder.

thanks

mike_espo
02-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Is there a file to set the joystick to account for rudder trim? I want to set it up to account for a fixed tab on the aelerons and rudder.

thanks

reddevil49
02-23-2004, 05:29 PM
If I understand what you are asking. is it possible to couple the alerons and rudder together. I don't think that is a feature that FB has.

Covino
02-23-2004, 06:01 PM
I believe he's asking if he could emulate a sort of trim on trimless planes by offsetting the center position of his joystick. I can think of one possible way of doing this.

These steps are assuming you want to emulate a slight trim down on on all planes:

Let's say your joystick Y-axis (up/down movement) has a normal range from -100 to 100. Now when you calibrate you joystick, dont move your joystick more than 80% (or any number you wish) towards the top. This will make your computer think that your joysticks range is from -100 to 80. This means that center position for the Y-axis (when the joystick is let go) will be at -10 (the average of the highest and lowest number) therefore giving you a slight trim down. Do the opposite for trim up. I've not tried this so it's all in theory.

EDIT: Actually i screwed up a bit. For some reason I thought negative Y-axis motion lowers the nose of the plane. My steps are in fact to emulate a slight trim up. The opposite is for trim down.

ANOTHER EDIT: Whoops, you're talking about rudder trim? Then you must work with the rudder axis. Anyway, my way doesn't allow you to change trim in flight so you're probably not interested.