PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] I think you misunderstood us, Ubisoft

johnsmith145
11-25-2014, 08:35 PM
My only issue with this game is the story.

the-virusman
11-25-2014, 08:53 PM
I totally agree! The story is gone, the apple is gone, those gods (prophets) are gone... Maybe it is a bit early, but I hope the next Assassin's Creed will have a story like AC2.
Ac-Unity is a good game with awesome graphics and nice free-run-skills and beatifull weapons,... (I haven't had any bugs/glitches yet) I trust Ubisoft and I hope they will give us more than
just some gameplay.

+ Pls stop with bringing out a game every year, give yourself more time ;-)

MauriceWijma
11-25-2014, 09:10 PM
I think this game is a first step into a very new storyline of the modern day. There are 2 things that I think will be the case:

-Desmond died off because Ubi wanted to get loose from the whole "relive the memories of his fathers", and wanted more freedom in it, slowely letting the story die a slow death.
-The story will get a very nice and very hard twist, leaving us speechless.

I think it will be the first.

BUT:
The apple is NOT gone, and we get to meet another POE, though very badly introduced, and a very bad role and use.
Unity is also a very nice twist to the Templar against Assassins story. The way this evolves in the story is much more realistic for the more modern times. There is no need to tell more about the truce. It is an action of the less fanatic forces in the groups, to preserve both. The fanatics in the orders at the other hand play a very big role in it, and not even against each other.

Also, could you arre "Spoilers" in the title, please?

johnsmith145
11-25-2014, 09:42 PM
bump

GunnarGunderson
11-26-2014, 12:48 AM
I thought it was lame how Elise was a templar but was at odds with the rest of the templars. What was the point if her and Arno are never mention it more than once?

Altair1789
11-26-2014, 12:56 AM
I don't like how they take story criticism. I think AC3 was an amazing game, and I loved modern day, but since people hated both, they've cut out modern day and given us less story. I think if people want to play a game that focuses mainly on gameplay, Assassin's Creed isn't the game for them. Or at least, not AC1-3.

YazX_
11-26-2014, 01:17 AM
Wish I shared your optimism!

Would if i could. Have to use a spoiler tag until a mod maybe can help us. Sorry!

[Spoilers] added to the title ;)

falorca
11-26-2014, 03:13 AM
SPOILERS AHEAD

I'm assuming the complete disappointment that was supposed to resemble a proper story in ACU was a result of trying to remedy the critique of AC3's story, where you threw Connor in every famous situation. Fans said this was bad, and your conclusion was to keep the new protagonist from entering any situations.

We still wanted a story, with a touch of the historical accuracy that the previous games had. Not a game for the sake of gameplay. What happened to the Assassin and Templar conflict? A truce, okay. Maybe tell us more. Let us see how it plays out. Jacobins, okay. Let us see a nuanced portrayal. Nope, THEY WEAR PEOPLE AS CLOTHES AND MURDER EVERY PASSERBY IN EVERY STREET. Also Robespierre was fundamentally evil and Napoleon had no bad sides. And by the way, let's only show the GLOW of the apple of eden.

If fans want to know more, they purchase the DLC. Or a microtransaction. Or play initiates. Or the companion app. I can't even keep track of your peripheral gimmicks anymore.

This game will rid you of many loyal customers. Not because of bugs or poor performance, but because this game is fundamentally bad - it is not a piece of art that the first games were. It does not use the game medium to tell a story. It exists to waste our time and make your lead more profits. Solely.

I agree with you! This new titles don't have the mystic that older ones had!

tdtdtdtd
11-26-2014, 03:37 AM
The real story died with desmond. There hasn't been anything really substantial about TOTCB since Assassins Creed 3. This game did not expand upon ANY SINGLE THING from the previous games. At all.

Tanyn
11-26-2014, 07:16 AM
I thought it was lame how Elise was a templar but was at odds with the rest of the templars. What was the point if her and Arno are never mention it more than once?

Come to think of it, I don't think they ever explain WHY the Templars are trying to kill her. I always assumed it was because they killed her father, to get a new Grand Master put in power, and now she's just a loose end ... but they never come out and actually SAY it.

Tanyn
11-26-2014, 07:18 AM
The real story died with desmond. There hasn't been anything really substantial about TOTCB since Assassins Creed 3. This game did not expand upon ANY SINGLE THING from the previous games. At all.

Though, I largely agree with you, I have to say they did expand on it in a VERY tiny (and easily missed) way. The phoenix project ... which is where they're attempting to sequence a full precursor genome. They mention that they found a donor with a 25 to 1 ratio of human / precursor DNA. That donor was John Standish (the video shows his picture and name on his blood sample) ... John Standish was the modern-day Sage in AC4.

So while they barely touched it all, i guess you could consider that a (VERY slight) expansion on the current era plot.

tdtdtdtd
11-26-2014, 01:30 PM
The fact that you find out absolutely nothing after that (which happens at the beginning of the game), to me means they didn't expand at all.

Kernel.Fender
11-26-2014, 02:00 PM
what happen to the story telling the gameplay the immersive aspect of the game, it seems you have made a very large dlc sure the graphics are great but that's it Arno is a throw away character I wanted to relate to him but couldn't his wishy washy take on the whole creed be it assassins or Templars was wasteful,
he behaved like a petulant child not a master assassin in the making or a leader of men.
Why happened to counter kills the ability to pick up weapons etc the coop although a great idea was poorly conceived and poorly adapted to this game it should have changed the way we play online with each other instead its clumsy and awkward. fix the fighting mechanics they are awful (random)

The game itself was ok but it became clear very early on that its a game of sub missions that had no real barring on the telling of the story I expected to be embrollied in the revolution instead we skirted around the outside fannying about with loyalists and the odd mad monk oh and a wax modeller you guys must be so proud. and to top it of the dlc is a story that has no connection at all to this story game etc but to an older story one you said you had finished telling not only that its a mobile game 2.5d is a joke make some decent dlc its lazy yet again.
As it costs you practically zero to port to PC maybe its time we had our games back after all there is almost a billion pc players out there and only 25% equates to console owners.

I had my doubts about black flag but it beats this effort on all fronts im heading back to brotherhood.

well done for making a beautiful looking game, as for playability story the franchise could be seriously damaged by this game.

tdtdtdtd
11-26-2014, 02:38 PM
Black Flag was really a surprising hit but it had very little to do with an "AC" game. It was a fantastic adventure game that Ubisoft got lucky on. Now this crap.

johnsmith145
11-26-2014, 08:58 PM
bump

Diarmuid_III
11-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Could not agree with you more [Slembroccoli] . This would have to be the most disappointing AC game I have played. There is hardly any story to speak of a most disappointing experience. This has now turned into some other sort of other game where all I am doing is increasing my points to end up with the Rank of Assassin! I was so looking forward to this and thought that we might be on a new road similar to the world of Ezio Auditore Da Firenze.

Razrback16
11-26-2014, 10:23 PM
I hated the combat system and the story was very "meh". Very poor character development and again no present-day story exists to keep us fully engaged to try to understand exactly what it is the present day assassins are trying to accomplish. With Desmond and crew everything made sense, and the story was awesome and thorough at every turn. But this game was awful from a storytelling perspective. Very hodge podge mix of junk - very clunky story telling and controls as well.

Thing is I love this series overall, but Unity was just a very poor iteration (the worst game in the series for me). Where is the best place that we can go to write a review of the game? I'd really like to give Ubisoft my pros and cons list as I'd like the series to remain strong and healthy (and ongoing).