PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that patch 3 will solve what's most bothering you in ACU?

topeira1980
11-25-2014, 07:38 PM
the new sticky shows us what are the bugs and fixes that will be fixed in the next patch this week.

sadly, i must admit that my ownly real concern is the frame rate and this doesnt seem to be a part of the patch. only to a very small degree.
i was hoping that THIS will be what the patch solves since all the other bugs, even if they ever appear, wouldnt bother me as much as not being able to play the game on more than 25 fps on average. .

i really really want to play the game and it's installed on my HD but i cant. it's just staring at me begging me to run it but running it just isnt fun....

well, i guess now it's the waiting game for patch 4.... or 5...

i can really hope that the patch WILL do something for my frame rate and im trying to be optimistic but the change log doesnt make it look that way and it seems like i'll be sulking for a while longer before i can finally play ACU and actually enjoy it...

THEVERSACEKING
11-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Yeah, i know what u feel. Im afraid that patch wont fix framerate bug. It would be rly sad.

Bigodon
11-25-2014, 07:53 PM
i think we going from alpha version to pre-betamaybe in next patch we get beta status! :)

NightmareGK13
11-25-2014, 07:57 PM
so long as it fixes the acu.exe has stopped working error...

naumaan
11-25-2014, 08:00 PM
i can handle low framerate .. not more down than 20fps tho .. but this crash issue is really bugging me .. same like TS .. i am not able to play because of it .. and i hope this 3rd patch may solve the crash issue .. once and for all .. but all i can do is hope

EstrayOne
11-25-2014, 08:18 PM
If it means i can play co-op again i would be very happy

johnsmith145
11-25-2014, 08:23 PM
No, considering the most lacking thing is a story. I didn't buy this game because I wanted to play **** dess-up.

It seems Ubi has lost faith in their top game series. The story was once great. AC4 was a commentary on the new direction of the series. A dying breath, if you will.

Misterscruff63
11-25-2014, 08:38 PM
I still get the odd crash but less after turning off vsync, but a crash fix would be good.

MauriceWijma
11-25-2014, 09:14 PM
No, considering the most lacking thing is a story. I didn't buy this game because I wanted to play **** dess-up.

It seems Ubi has lost faith in their top game series. The story was once great. AC4 was a commentary on the new direction of the series. A dying breath, if you will.

AC4 was a way of trying a new game series. And I hope they make a series with naval warfare having a big role. But it is nothing for an Assassin game.

wootwoots
11-25-2014, 09:23 PM
look like their patch with fix NOTHING performance wise....

lazy job as usual. few random fix and nothing else...

topeira1980
11-25-2014, 10:20 PM
look like their patch with fix NOTHING performance wise....

lazy job as usual. few random fix and nothing else...

i dont think its lazy. i just think performance is coming from a source that is rooted deep within how the engine works and it just takes much longer since it isnt a small stain to clean off the car sits, it's more like replacing the engine of the car.

Tanyn
11-25-2014, 10:35 PM
My only two concerns are this:

A) Co-op: Which they seem to have spent a lot of time addressing/fixing

and

B) All the content locked behind Club Competition: Which they didn't even acknowledge, let alone address. So looks like all that gear will be "Coming Soon" for another couple of weeks.

Don't get me wrong, it will be nice to play co-op reliably again, and the single-player fixes will go a long way towards bringing immersion back. I, however, am at the point where I've bought every piece of gear available, upgraded it all, and achieved Legend Rank. Creed points are now literally useless to me, money is only good for restocking, and all I can do is stare at the Legendary set that I WANT, but can't have, because they have locked it behind a feature that they didn't bother putting in the game. That's the Ultimate **** move, by the way.

pbsec
11-25-2014, 10:49 PM
@OP,why don`t u just wait for the patch and then see for yourself !?

bustin-ya
11-26-2014, 01:39 AM

and

B) All the content locked behind Club Competition: Which they didn't even acknowledge, let alone address. So looks like all that gear will be "Coming Soon" for another couple of weeks.

Don't get me wrong, it will be nice to play co-op reliably again, and the single-player fixes will go a long way towards bringing immersion back. I, however, am at the point where I've bought every piece of gear available, upgraded it all, and achieved Legend Rank. Creed points are now literally useless to me, money is only good for restocking, and all I can do is stare at the Legendary set that I WANT, but can't have, because they have locked it behind a feature that they didn't bother putting in the game. That's the Ultimate **** move, by the way.

I'm with you on this one!!!! :mad:

wootwoots
11-26-2014, 01:57 AM
i dont think its lazy. i just think performance is coming from a source that is rooted deep within how the engine works and it just takes much longer since it isnt a small stain to clean off the car sits, it's more like replacing the engine of the car.

Not any difference between somes engine optimization ( stuff it should have been done since the begining instead of providing a broken unstable engine ) and asset / Ai script / coop part .. etc fix / update.
That would just ask to update engine related files like a patch replace whatever filename_patch_01.forge

So yeah thoses guys didnt even look to have spent a single sec to do that with their patch3
And well.. at see how that game is the worst optimized game in the world video game history ( even dark soul 1 PC look way more optimized compare to AC unity )... its pretty much needed as bad as somes other fix ( like all crash / coop that doesnt work.. etc )

Let me remind you that Ubi is not a poor company that couldnt afford a such work.. + Its ( supposed to be ) a AAA game... Its totaly NOT pardonnable to see them SELL a product so broken.

Also, since you spoke about cars... imagine how broken would be a NEW car if it was as broken as this game is... Dont you think the car company would have very SERIOUS trouble selling car like that ? And just because its a game company all fine ? And it should be excusable because its a game company ?
Well no. its buisiness... and they obviously sell a broken product that doesnt work properly.

Fatal-Feit
11-26-2014, 02:47 AM
If it fixes the online problem (0x60000001 error), that'll be most of it.

All.Names.Taken
11-26-2014, 03:00 AM
Im afraid that patch wont fix framerate bug.
I am loving how people are classifying this as a "bug." Makes me chuckle.

Ryan.leKaiz
11-26-2014, 03:05 AM
this remind me about Shadow of Mordor. My computer' specs surpass its requierment, but it performed so poor if i ran it higher than 1280x720 resolution. However, ithey fixed it in a weak, i can run it at 1920x1080 resolution with high setting. That's great. Comparing to ACU, this is :nonchalance:

Green_Reaper
11-26-2014, 06:14 AM

and

I'm not even finishing the game until they open up Club Comp. I want to be able to use some of that sweet looking gear while I still have a game left to play. It feels like a waste to finish the entire game, only to have nothing to play when I actually get to use the best gear weeks later. I'm kind of ticked off that this wasn't available at launch.

Tanyn
11-26-2014, 06:36 AM
I'm not even finishing the game until they open up Club Comp. I want to be able to use some of that sweet looking gear while I still have a game left to play. It feels like a waste to finish the entire game, only to have nothing to play when I actually get to use the best gear weeks later. I'm kind of ticked off that this wasn't available at launch.

Indeed, it bugs me to no end that there are only 2 ... 3 in some cases ... pieces of legendary gear available per slot, and only few of them are of matching sets, which doesn't give you enough to wear a complete matching set of legendary. There are some sets that don't have pieces in the other tiers as well (the Prowler set, for example, does not exist in the Master tier).

Ubisoft tells us they're "listening to the community" (an idea they specifically mentioned for the release of ACU)... and yet they keep doing EVERYTHING that we tell them we hate, or expanding on it, to make it even MORE infuriating than it was before.

Apps and Websites are nice, and we get it ... you want to keep up with the "new kids", and integrate your stuff into all of these new, fandangled, whosamawatchits ... and that's fine ... HAVE apps ... HAVE Websites ... but for the love of god STOP using them as a wall to hide content behind. I can only guess this is your attempt at an "incentive" to attract players to these outside programs. News flash ... if we want to play it, we'll play it ... FORCING us to, however, gets you the entire opposite kind of reaction than the one you were looking for. That reaction goes from "ah, that's neat" ... to "you've got to be ****ing kidding me", in a heartbeat, when you lock 95% of your Legendary Gear behind a feature that you failed to have the common courtesy or sense to include in the game at launch.

RoseSolane
11-26-2014, 09:32 AM
I am loving how people are classifying this as a "bug." Makes me chuckle.
Me too. You could call very low frame rates on a very potent pc a bug, but if you get 20+ FPS you can't speak of a bug. I am not happy with that poor performance but I rather see them solve real bugs. So players who cannot play because of the ACU.exe bug for example can finally play. Adding the missing content to Club comp would also be fine, but is less important than solving real bugs.

This game is released before it was finished and in a state that many could not play. Not the first time Ubisoft did that. Hopefully they solve the crippling bugs faster this time. After they have done that they can add the missing parts to the game and look into better optimization.

Birouu
11-26-2014, 07:17 PM
I have no hope left for this game.... and for Ubisoft either.

CHosIN1
11-26-2014, 08:05 PM
i think it will provide a good starting point ive read the list its pretty full of good stuff that im not having necessarily issues with but they don't cater to one person. Hell its history here largest patch ever release for a game that is not a month old.

Altair1789
11-26-2014, 08:59 PM

That's a good point. Even when the bugs are fixed I think it'll still be a bad game due to the story. Assassin's Creed isn't dress up, I miss when the game would revolve around the story (including modern day)

Since they can't/ won't just make a patch that will change the story entirely, I just want this 0x60000001 error to be fixed. I'll just hope the next AC game has a good story

FoxPurple
11-26-2014, 09:56 PM
WEll if they ever come out with this patch... Thay did say today eh? Also i dont think this patch will fix anything major, gonna check back in about a month hopefully then its fixed..