PDA

View Full Version : Issue with renovations in AC Rogue?

wickywoowoo
11-25-2014, 05:03 PM
I am near the end of Chapter 4 and I am having issues with renovations. I can do some in New York but other places on the world map, the dude you pay money to is not there and the map does not mark it. I have got to the places I can find on walkthroughs online and the mission list for the locations says there is a renovation but just nothing happens.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is the renovations a system where you have to progress to certain parts to renovate certain areas? I really want to be able to get that trophy and complete that section but I am stuck.

Help?

Rafe Harwood
11-25-2014, 05:07 PM
You need to unlock the area in order for the renovations to be available.

Depending on what you have done story wise, lets you unlock them.

It's a little confusing to explain, but I went through and did absolutely everytihng I could before I advanced the story, so there were more pieces every time I went through the next main section.

They all unlocked fine for me eventually :)

wickywoowoo
11-25-2014, 05:08 PM
You need to unlock the area in order for the renovations to be available.

Depending on what you have done story wise, lets you unlock them.

It's a little confusing to explain, but I went through and did absolutely everytihng I could before I advanced the story, so there were more pieces every time I went through the next main section.

They all unlocked fine for me eventually :)

Does that relate to taking over Forts and stuff? Because I have found all chests, fragments and cave paintings, etc in that area - but no renovation ever appears. I am confused and really do not want to go through the month long effort of getting a response from Ubisoft about it only for them to say "we'll look into it".

Rafe Harwood
11-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Does that relate to taking over Forts and stuff? Because I have found all chests, fragments and cave paintings, etc in that area - but no renovation ever appears. I am confused and really do not want to go through the month long effort of getting a response from Ubisoft about it only for them to say "we'll look into it".

Yup. Taking over the fort is a good start lol

Then you may need to also take over the assasin den.

wickywoowoo
11-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Yup. Taking over the fort is a good start lol

Then you may need to also take over the assasin den.

I've done all Gang HQ missions and got the Uplay points and only have a few forts left yet no renovations anywhere come up. I am tired of the hubbub, I'll just do without. If they turn up later, they do. If not, what can you do? Meh.

Rafe Harwood
11-25-2014, 05:21 PM
I can't remember if you have unlocked the taking over the assassins dens yet in your progress? I don't remember when that happened.

It's all good. Just be patient and as soon as they appear, grab them. It all helps to start getting as much cash as possible as early as possible.

At least thats my views on it, but then I was chasing the leaderboards lol :D

wickywoowoo
11-25-2014, 05:29 PM
I can understand checking things when you are stuck in a game but I am finding, more and more, that I am having to check online to see if my game is even working correctly. Not just AC but all games. Gaming is simultaneously moving forward and backwards at the same time.

Rafe Harwood
11-25-2014, 05:33 PM
I just remembered how to tell! Bloody idiot that I am!

When in any area, just hold the right bumper button and it will tell you what needs doing in that area,

If you need to progress the story it will tell you, otherwise it will tell you what is currently left doable in that area.

Sorry. Completely forgot about that. Slap me :/

wickywoowoo
11-25-2014, 05:40 PM
I just remembered how to tell! Bloody idiot that I am!

When in any area, just hold the right bumper button and it will tell you what needs doing in that area,

If you need to progress the story it will tell you, otherwise it will tell you what is currently left doable in that area.

Sorry. Completely forgot about that. Slap me :/

*slap*

Thanks for your help.

Perk89
11-25-2014, 05:40 PM
I've got a number of gripes with Rogue, but I can say sincerely that the fort infiltrations are one of the best things this series has done. The first time I did it, I was skeptical of the decision to go from a battle with your crew to a lone infiltration, but after doing it a couple times, I love it.

stealthily sewing havoc behind destroyed and burning enemy lines is one of the best moments this series has to offer. The fort is burning, the enemy is is in chaos, and you're popping in and out of the smoke and flames and crumbling buildings wreaking havoc with your array of equipment without being seen. It's great, great fun.

additionally, it also makes me think that a WW2 AC game is more than just feasible, but an excellent idea. imagine searching for targets in bomb strafed cities behind enemy lines. Working as an operative inside crucial WW2 cities like Paris and Berlin for months at a time.... Sounds like great fun to me.

brandon-wiebe
02-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Actually you unlock the renovations along with anything else in the area by doing either gang HQs, Forts and Assassin dens.