PDA

View Full Version : Is my Joystick broke or......

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 06:45 PM
I was wondering; I cant seem to ever get my RPM to 0%, I can get it close by dropping my prop pitch as far as possible, but cant even come close to idle when prop pitch is set for best speed performance. I dont mind having to work both my throttle and prop pitch, I actually enjoy sims when they are more difficult. In a somewhat related prob, I tend to blow my 109 engine 99% percent of the time im in the bird(this could just be because I suck in a 109, but was wondering if this could also be joystick related). I fly w/ an X-45 and have heard complaints about it, but am not educated enough in flight physics to make that kind of judgement. ANY input would be greatly appreciated.

-Cheers!

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 06:45 PM
I was wondering; I cant seem to ever get my RPM to 0%, I can get it close by dropping my prop pitch as far as possible, but cant even come close to idle when prop pitch is set for best speed performance. I dont mind having to work both my throttle and prop pitch, I actually enjoy sims when they are more difficult. In a somewhat related prob, I tend to blow my 109 engine 99% percent of the time im in the bird(this could just be because I suck in a 109, but was wondering if this could also be joystick related). I fly w/ an X-45 and have heard complaints about it, but am not educated enough in flight physics to make that kind of judgement. ANY input would be greatly appreciated.

-Cheers!

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 07:07 PM
(BUMP) little help over here

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 07:28 PM
You can't get your throttle to 0% or you can't get your RPM down to 0?

If you throttle won't go to 0% you have a calibration problem.
Your RPM on the other hand won't hit zero unless you cut the motor, and land.

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 07:30 PM
Cool, THX that is all I needed to know

-Chhers!