PDA

View Full Version : So Many Questions With the Ending (spoilers...duh)

AncientAttero
11-25-2014, 06:08 AM
There are so many questions at the end of Unity.

SPOILERS!

First of all, I cried at Elise's death. It was foolish of her to charge Germain alone. Regardless, the scenes that follow raise questions.

What is the Sword of Eden?

Why did Arno bring Nepoleon to the Temple?

And how did Arno reunite with the Brotherhood?

Hopefully future DLC will shed light on the future of Arno. And maybe with how vague the ending was, this could spell a much needed sequel with Arno as the Master Assassin.

AncientAttero
11-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Shameful bump. If anyone has answers to my questions please reply.

VestigialLlama4
11-25-2014, 04:50 PM

SPOILERS!

First of all, I cried at Elise's death. It was foolish of her to charge Germain alone. Regardless, the scenes that follow raise questions.

Hopefully future DLC will shed light on the future of Arno. And maybe with how vague the ending was, this could spell a much needed sequel with Arno as the Master Assassin.

I will answer this in bulk:

1) The Sword of Eden is a Sword that throws Force Lightning around. It used to be held by ancient gods and only a few people with high amounts of ancient DNA can wield it, the Sages more than qualify.

2) They become pals, that's why. And Napoleon appointed Arno to be his b-tch.

3) The French Assassins are ineffectual morons and they take back Arno because good help is hard to find.

PrrathameshLoke
11-26-2014, 12:46 AM
Yeah, even I think the ending was saddening. It was necessary to kill Elise when there were alternatives. I know assassins live very difficult life, but the problem is that there isn't proper justification for her death. For e.g. Sage managed to survive the blast, but she didn't. Considering she was trained Templer she should have survived it heavily wounded but alive.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-26-2014, 01:16 AM
The Elise thing really pisses me off.

I hope no one thinks the writing of Elise as a strong female character means that Unity represents some great feminist triumph. It was not. This was yet another strong woman character getting killed because she was too damned uppity.

People who defend the ending often claim that Elise was determined to get the bad guy at all costs. However, if she was there to take down the boss, why did she go to help Arno when that big deus ex machina rock came down to trap him? Let's not forget - Arno took the boss down - he was out for the count. All it required was for Elise to check on the bad guy and stab him, yet she forgot what she was there for and went PAST THE BAD GUY (yeah, pause the video of the end scene - she goes past him) to help Arno. What she did was stupid - she should have done what she came to do, but she blew it - not because Elise is stupid - clearly she's not. It was because the writer needed to kill her! Because she's a strong female character, and too damned uppity.

So she's helping Arno, which is still gonna work out fine. But no, that's not what the writer wants, so he makes her blow it AGAIN! After the bad guy gets up, she changes her mind about helping Arno, and although it's clearly too late, she finally does what she's "there to do". I mean, make up your mind! Again, stupid - not because Elise is stupid, but Elise needs to start making mistakes so the writer can kill her, because the writer wants to show us what happens to uppity women.

And he does. By killing her!

Far from being a game that celebrates strong female characters, Unity has a clear message, and it's this: "This is what happens when a woman breaks the mold. So women, be subservient to men!"

Assassin's Creed Unity is a misogynist's twisted morality tale.

If the final scene in Assassin's Creed was written properly - if the writer had kept Elise true to her character - Elise would have killed the bad guy as soon as he was knocked out and dropped his sword. Then she would have helped Arno. End of story. THAT is the true ending we were cheated of.

Heck, another option would be to make Elise right even at the end, and have her stab the bad guy even after having nearly let him get away. Now that would have been a surprise. Instead, we get the tired old "woman thinks she's right, gets killed for it" trope right out of Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade (if you notice, the strong, driven, focused female character who gets killed in that movie was named Elsa - a variation of Elise - coincidence?).

rob1990312
11-26-2014, 01:29 AM

SPOILERS!

none of these things are really answered in the game most answers you get will be speculation