PDA

View Full Version : unity a great game

rob1990312
11-25-2014, 02:45 AM
if you forget about the boring story and glitches it is a great game.
the mechanics are the best yet when you get used to them and paris as a setting is amazing
i personally only came across about three glitches so i got to enjoy unity a lot better than others. Iv played through all of the story and most side missions and thats after about a week and a half usually by then with previous games iv finished everything and im bored with it but not with unity.
does anyone else think unity is a lot better a game than people are claiming it to be

ajl992008
11-25-2014, 02:51 AM
Me personally I have literally come across no glitches or frame rate drops, my copy of the game is literally 100% polished. Not sure what the big fuss is about

rob1990312
11-25-2014, 02:53 AM
ya i had frame rate drops and 1 crash on release day but after the patches it was perfect

rob1990312
11-25-2014, 03:03 AM
if the next game builds off of unity it should also be a good game like how black flag built upon ac3

Pr0metheus 1962
11-25-2014, 03:41 AM
the mechanics are the best yet when you get used to them

Sure, when I get used to the game NOT swinging Arno's sword when I press the button to swing the sword, it will be awesome. Same with shooting. Two out of every three pushes of the "shoot" button result in Arno just looking puzzled - when I get used to that, it'll be great. And I'm very excited to get used to Arno getting stuck on roofs, and on chairs that I'm trying to vault over, and on pretty much anything else he comes into contact with.

And I'm sure I would have just loved seeing Arno and Elise without skin on their faces - such a pity the developers fixed that bug before I had the chance to see it and get used to it. I did fall through the ground a couple of times, but again, the developers fixed that before I got used to it too.

No, I don't think Unity is a lot better a game than people are claiming it to be. I think it's a lot worse, because too many people seem to think that ignoring everything that is bad about this game will make Ubisoft want to make a better game next time. It won't.

If you want AC6, 7, 8, 9, 10 etc. to be this bad or worse, keep telling everyone how great this game is. After all, all we need to do is get used to disappointment, right? Then we can go live in Stepford and be happy all the time while Ubisoft sells us broken games for $60 a piece.

Jeez!

ace3001
11-25-2014, 03:44 AM
if you forget about the boring story and glitches
Story and performance/stability are not part of the game?

SolidSage
11-25-2014, 03:57 AM
It is a great game, that has sadly been overshadowed by its glitches.
Some of them are being blown out of proportion, free running is fine, just requires precision. Combat is good but context sensitivity fails and inputs do get ignored when too much is going on.

Frustrated people don't give it a fair shake and players who like it, like me, tend to sweep the flaws under the rug.

If the glitches get cleaned up, Unity is clearly a better AC than any that have come before. Some abilities are lost but the challenge can actually be considered a challenge again.

Matt.mc
11-25-2014, 05:01 AM
The way I see it is this is the first next gen AC game, in that, I look at it as the AC1 of this generation. So, that means I hope that the next AC game is the ACII of this gen. Building upon the great ideas of the first game.

rob1990312
11-25-2014, 08:28 AM
Sure, when I get used to the game NOT swinging Arno's sword when I press the button to swing the sword, it will be awesome. Same with shooting. Two out of every three pushes of the "shoot" button result in Arno just looking puzzled - when I get used to that, it'll be great. And I'm very excited to get used to Arno getting stuck on roofs, and on chairs that I'm trying to vault over, and on pretty much anything else he comes into contact with.

And I'm sure I would have just loved seeing Arno and Elise without skin on their faces - such a pity the developers fixed that bug before I had the chance to see it and get used to it. I did fall through the ground a couple of times, but again, the developers fixed that before I got used to it too.

No, I don't think Unity is a lot better a game than people are claiming it to be. I think it's a lot worse, because too many people seem to think that ignoring everything that is bad about this game will make Ubisoft want to make a better game next time. It won't.

If you want AC6, 7, 8, 9, 10 etc. to be this bad or worse, keep telling everyone how great this game is. After all, all we need to do is get used to disappointment, right? Then we can go live in Stepford and be happy all the time while Ubisoft sells us broken games for $60 a piece.

Jeez!

i never had them problems are you sure you are pressing the buttons right? Also are you complaining about glicthes you didnt come across, give it a break

Pr0metheus 1962
11-25-2014, 02:28 PM
i never had them problems are you sure you are pressing the buttons right?

No, I'm a fricken moron, so I always have problems pressing buttons. You should see me in a fricken elevator.

Also are you complaining about glicthes you didnt come across...

I wasn't complaining about them. I was looking forward to getting used to them - and most of the glitches I mentioned I HAVE come across - numerous times. Meanwhile, folks like you are pretending glitches don't exist simply because you haven't encountered them. How about you stop defending incompetence. I mean, there are REAL problems with this game - it's not just a hater's fantasy. This is real:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--41uAupjR--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/akqmvdd29hkw6wr4bvts.jpg

Do you really want future games to be even worse? Do you want Assassin's Creed to fail? Do you want Ubisoft to go out of business? If so, just keep pretending the problems don't exist - that way they'll be less likely to get fixed, Assassin's Creed will become a laughing stock and Ubisoft's value on the money markets will fall until they go into bankruptcy.

You may want to kill Assassin's Creed and Ubisoft. I do not.

rob1990312
11-25-2014, 05:35 PM
well the above glicth only appears on a certain console which one are you playing the game on
i think a lot of people are just sore about the game being glitchy but if it worked properly it would be great

VestigialLlama4
11-25-2014, 06:48 PM
if you forget about the boring story and glitches it is a great game.
the mechanics are the best yet when you get used to them and paris as a setting is amazing
i personally only came across about three glitches so i got to enjoy unity a lot better than others. Iv played through all of the story and most side missions and thats after about a week and a half usually by then with previous games iv finished everything and im bored with it but not with unity.
does anyone else think unity is a lot better a game than people are claiming it to be

Leaving aside the glitches. It has a bad story, repetitive gameplay and mission design that is open and nonlinear to the point of being soulless and unimaginative. All the missions are the same. The Side Missions and Brotherhood Missions are mostly about collecting papers and stuff, with none of the variety in earlier titles.

Gladiaattori1500
11-25-2014, 07:02 PM
It's a great game. But internet will always complain. That's what internet is like, they play games just to find bad things in them and complain about them. I don't play games with the mindset that I try to find bad things in it and so somehow I enjoy almost every game I play.

I almost feel bad to some people, they can't enjoy any game because they think so negatively. It's not just this game or this forum I'm talking about it's the gaming community in general. I swear every single big game gets called "the worst game they've ever played". There are issues, there's no denying that. And issues are annoying. But if you look at the big picture it's still a great game.

Mr_Shade
11-25-2014, 07:07 PM
I mean, there are REAL problems with this game - it's not just a hater's fantasy. This is real:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--41uAupjR--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/akqmvdd29hkw6wr4bvts.jpg

And that 'glitch' was patched in the day one update. ;)

'There are a number of images circulating online of character models from Assassin’s Creed Unity missing textures, dubbed the “no face” bug.

In order to find how players are encountering this issue we tested it rigorously and have discovered that this only occurs on PCs with one of two specific graphics cards, and in both cases the issue is resolved with the application of the Day 1 patch (as well as all future patches).'

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-185415-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Pr0metheus 1962
11-25-2014, 07:44 PM
And that 'glitch' was patched in the day one update. ;) A point I made in my very first post in this thread. Your post is a straw man. You know full well that the other problems with the game (which have NOT been patched) are just as bad but not as easy to present in a way that illustrates the issue. For example, I looked for a video of Arno trying unsuccessfully to enter a window and doing the "circling the window dance" (which happens all the time in the game) but I couldn't find one.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-25-2014, 07:51 PM
I almost feel bad to some people, they can't enjoy any game because they think so negatively.... Again, missing the point, and yet another straw man. This is not about negativity. It's about making sure this debacle doesn't happen again. If we all went around being happy about the game's flaws, as it seems you and your ilk do, what incentive would Ubisoft have to make sure the next game is any better?

This is my point, and it's one that you folks just love to dance around. Instead of recognizing that I want to make things better, you prefer to see it as negativity for negativity's sake. I'm not sure if you're being purposefully obtuse, or if it's that you simply can't understand the issue.

If you can't or won't understand my point, I see no reason to keep trying to get you to support the game or its creators. I guess you just want Ubisoft to fail. I mean, do you really hate these games so much?

Yeah, and I'm guessing that last paragraph doesn't even make any sense to you folks. You probably still think you're doing Ubisoft a favor by arguing against improvement. I mean, get a fricken clue!

Mr_Shade
11-25-2014, 10:01 PM
A point I made in my very first post in this thread. Then maybe don't use it as an example?- since it's an old bug AND one no one should be seeing now, unless they have intentionally not patched - the PC game requires a connection to activate, so all PC gamers would have the patch - unless they cancel it.

Unless you wanted to sensationalize your post?

Yes there are other issues - ones the team are working to fix - as you can see from the news of patch 3.

SixKeys
11-25-2014, 10:29 PM
People are acting like this is the first AC game that released with problems.

Make no mistake, there are lots of problems with Unity but not everyone has the same experience. Saying we love the game doesn't mean we're "pretending there are no problems" (ironic that you claimed Mr_Shade was the one using a strawman argument when you've used the same one at least three times in this thread, Pr0metheus). It just means we either haven't encountered those problems or that we're willing to overlook them because they don't hamper our overall enjoyment too much. My game has crashed twice and I've fallen through the floor once, and that was pre- day 1 patch. The framerate and co-op lag remain my biggest problems, but even so this is still one of my, if not my most favorite AC game yet. Why? Because lag doesn't stop me from enjoying the detailed and beautiful world, gameplay improvements or the characters.

SolidSage
11-25-2014, 10:38 PM
Oh come on, the circling the window glitch isn't a glitch at all. When on a wall and approaching your window, release RT and A, HOLD LT and push the joystick toward the window. As long as your aim is correct, Arno enters fine consistently.

Gripes suck but what sucks more is players who don't understand how to use the controls, spewing on the internet about how their errors are actually glitches.

There is no window glitch, it's a precision requirement whose existence serves to separate the tryers from the quitters. Effort is really all that's required. These skill gap controls really allow for an understanding of the skill required to produce smooth traversal. As compared to AC3 where any casual player could be a free running or combat champion. ACU takes both skills back to a place where effort is rewarded. You know, challenging, like games used to be.

The no face glitch is gone and wasn't that big of a deal anyway. Certainly not the first or last time we'll see silly CGI errors in a game.

Bring on the next glitch and I'll validate it for you. Then maybe we can address real issues instead of blowing up nonsense just to suit some personal vindictive agenda.

rob1990312
11-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Oh come on, the circling the window glitch isn't a glitch at all. When on a wall and approaching your window, release RT and A, HOLD LT and push the joystick toward the window. As long as your aim is correct, Arno enters fine consistently.

Gripes suck but what sucks more is players who don't understand how to use the controls, spewing on the internet about how their errors are actually glitches.

There is no window glitch, it's a precision requirement whose existence serves to separate the tryers from the quitters. Effort is really all that's required. These skill gap controls really allow for an understanding of the skill required to produce smooth traversal. As compared to AC3 where any casual player could be a free running or combat champion. ACU takes both skills back to a place where effort is rewarded. You know, challenging, like games used to be.

The no face glitch is gone and wasn't that big of a deal anyway. Certainly not the first or last time we'll see silly CGI errors in a game.

Bring on the next glitch and I'll validate it for you. Then maybe we can address real issues instead of blowing up nonsense just to suit some personal vindictive agenda.

as i said earlier if you dont press the buttons right it wont work for ya

PedroAntonio2
11-25-2014, 11:05 PM
It's not a great game, maybe in gameplay wise...the stealth and combat mechanics are the best in the franchise, but the story is just meh. I was interested in completing all side missions everything ending the main story, but today I finished it and I was like '' I don't want to touch this game anymore'' after I saw that ridiculous ending.

rob1990312
11-25-2014, 11:36 PM
ya the story was very bland

Pr0metheus 1962
11-26-2014, 02:56 AM
Then maybe don't use it as an example?

Like I said, the other examples don't translate well to visuals. Why do you keep trying to downplay the issues the game has. Oh wait... never mind.

Maybe a community manager should not be getting involved. Surely you're supposed to be impartial.

Ygdrasel
11-26-2014, 06:09 AM
I'm sorry but "If you ignore [bad things about the game], it's a great game!"...Are you serious?

I haven't hit any glitches or major faults and that's still really dumb. The game clearly has issues for many, and those need fixing. Hopefully patches will do the job. But beyond that, Ubi needs to look at their business decisions too. The microtransactions and content locked behind a companion app aren't gameplay issues (like glitches and framerate slips) but they have irritated many, myself included.

Unity is a great game in my (albeit short - I played a friend's copy for a few hours) experience but faults are faults.

Freyr1983
11-26-2014, 07:09 AM
i hit some glitch but so far i still enjoy unity :) Just hope they fix all the issue to make it a superb game XD

Gladiaattori1500
11-26-2014, 01:54 PM
Assassin's Creed forums: Unity sucks, Unity is the worst game I've ever played, Ubisoft are a horrible company
Fifa forums: Fifa sucks, Fifa is the worst game ever. Ea are a horrible company
Call of Duty forums: AW sucks, AW is the worst game I've ever played. Activision are a horrible company
Destiny forums: Destiny sucks, Destiny is the worst game I've ever played. bungie are a horrible company

Etc etc

This is what I mean about negativity. People take the bad things but don't give credit for good things as they sort of expect everything to be perfect, Every big game gets called the worst game ever. I haven't seen a big game where it's official forums' overall stance is that the game is good. Notice how "smaller" games don't? It's because A) people don't expect much and B) such a small game is very easy to make so that it doesn't have annoying bugs whereas big games who go for realism are very hard to make flawless.

All of the games above have bugs, I'm not saying the complainers do not have a point. But since clearly NONE of the game companies can make their games bugless, maybe it's not that easy to make a perfect, balanced realistic and bugless game?

(This post is not directed at anyone in particular, this post is not directed at everyone among mentioned forums only the most part, I'm not saying that this makes releasing a glitchy game necessarily acceptable. This is just something I've noticed while visiting various forums over time)

VestigialLlama4
11-26-2014, 02:24 PM
This is what I mean about negativity. People take the bad things but don't give credit for good things as they sort of expect everything to be perfect, Every big game gets called the worst game ever. I haven't seen a big game where it's official forums' overall stance is that the game is good. Notice how "smaller" games don't? It's because A) people don't expect much and B) such a small game is very easy to make so that it doesn't have annoying bugs whereas big games who go for realism are very hard to make flawless.

"Smaller games" are ''not'' easier to make, especially since they have a smaller crew unlike the army and multiple studios that work on AC titles. The bugs don't come from trying to be "realistic"(and in any case AC games aren't realistic, just realistic-looking), they come from incompetence.

Big games that go for realism includes BLACK FLAG and the Ezio games, even AC3 which while being buggy and having glitches wasn't the night-unplayable disaster that UNITY is.

Megas_Doux
11-26-2014, 05:27 PM
There is a good game hidden beneath those glitches and performance issues.....Shame on Ubi´s corporates though.