PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Ships (Storm Fortress) - AC Rogue

SlyTrooper
11-24-2014, 11:19 PM
I was just wondering if anybody has completed this legendary ship battle & if they could give me a few tips on how to beat it? I'm currently trying to get all of the side content before I finish the story, so I can go straight into Unity, but this battle is just ridiculously hard. I must have played it around 10 times already.

Rafe Harwood
11-24-2014, 11:43 PM
Close on her and stay behind her.

When she looks to be turning, use the ram speed thing to 'try' and stay behind her.

It can take quite a few attempts as she moves way too fast. Beyond what should be possible for a turning circle lol.

Just keep pumping shot into her rear end!

melbye82
11-24-2014, 11:44 PM
It is poorly designed crap.It moves way too fast for a ship of that size. Why they thought it was a good idea to add two more ships when the battle is almost won makes it even worse

MakimotoJin
11-25-2014, 12:14 AM
It's quite easy if you learn some stuff from it(took me over 20 times to understand).
First and obviously,you need the Morrigan fully upgraded,other than cargo and crew storage,of course.The beginning will be a bit tough,all those mortars and crap.Go full sail everytime it's not shooting the broadsides.When it starts to align the ship to yours,go half sails to maneuver,and use the charge ram to escape and and stay behind as much as you can.Use mortars and heavy shot everytime you can.When it's about to sink,2 more Legendary ships appear.I know,don't cry yet.The conversation with Shay and Gist shows that they can't see who's who.So go away from the Storm Fortress,and wait for the ships to take him down.One down,two to go.These two are basically some hardcore man o' wars.Do not stay in the middle.They will destroy you if they attack you at the same time.That's where I got lucky.I used oil barrels,my 5 mortars left,took down one,and used all the heavy shots in the last ship.One thing that I learned is if you take down the Storm Fortress with at least 2 life bars left,you're gonna easily take down the other two.
Good luck!
And don't you say "I make my own luck" I'm tired of hearing this for the 10th time

SlyTrooper
11-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Finally beat it. I literally only had a sliver of health left. My hands are shaking & my heart is pumping fast; that's how stressed I was.

Oh, and Makimoto...

I make my own luck!

Rafe Harwood
11-25-2014, 06:18 PM
Finally beat it. I literally only had a sliver of health left. My hands are shaking & my heart is pumping fast; that's how stressed I was.

I think most of us were in similar circumstances. Still, if you can limp to port for repairs and the other guy can't, that's a win :D

SlyTrooper
11-25-2014, 06:31 PM
I find it very strange that they would include such a difficulty curve. The rest of the game is child's play compared to this.

MakimotoJin
11-25-2014, 06:45 PM

Oh, and Makimoto...

I make my own luck!

How dare you.... xD
Anyway,good job.I was also really stressed to take down the ships,I almost cried when I won.I wish they could've made more Legendary Battles,it's so awesome.

SlyTrooper
11-25-2014, 06:51 PM
How dare you.... xD
Anyway,good job.I was also really stressed to take down the ships,I almost cried when I won.I wish they could've made more Legendary Battles,it's so awesome.

As long as they're not as difficult as that then sure.

MakimotoJin
11-25-2014, 07:07 PM
I'd have done anything for the Templar Master outfit.It was worth it!

Rafe Harwood
11-25-2014, 07:12 PM
Pfft I will never become a templar!

Besides, I preferred Gunns armour... until I got the Versailles anyway lol

KoloheB
11-26-2014, 05:01 AM
The Storm Fortress battle is ridiculous. Poorly designed level that's needlessly hard on too big of a curve. I played 50 times. Literally 50. I counted and stopped at 50 and still haven't beat it. That it's, I'm done. I'm seriously considering not playing Unity and not recommending the AC series anymore because of this level. It's the single only thing keeping me from 100% and every trophy. I'm over it. Fix this level Ubisoft, or you've lost a customer.

MakimotoJin
11-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Pfft I will never become a templar!

Besides, I preferred Gunns armour... until I got the Versailles anyway lol

You do know that Gunn's armor has a big Templar cross in the chest...Also,the Assassin Killer outfit is pretty badass too.

The Storm Fortress battle is ridiculous. Poorly designed level that's needlessly hard on too big of a curve. I played 50 times. Literally 50. I counted and stopped at 50 and still haven't beat it. That it's, I'm done. I'm seriously considering not playing Unity and not recommending the AC series anymore because of this level. It's the single only thing keeping me from 100% and every trophy. I'm over it. Fix this level Ubisoft, or you've lost a customer.

Let me guess...you got the Morrigan fully upgraded and thought there's no strategy when fighting against the toughest ship of the whole game.Check for tips in the forums.Look for some videos in YouTube.I was also frustrated about it.Took me half a hour to know that the ship sails in a pattern,and that I had to go all zig-zag to not die.

Rafe Harwood
11-26-2014, 07:23 PM
You do know that Gunn's armor has a big Templar cross in the chest...Also,the Assassin Killer outfit is pretty badass too.

Yeah, I know it has the cross but it just looks cool and the cross isn't so obvious lol

I kill things that look like the templar armor. Or at least I tried to find all the buggers in ac1 to take them out. Still working on that every now and then lol

MakimotoJin
11-26-2014, 07:31 PM
Wow,what do you mean by killing Templar armors?

Rafe Harwood
11-26-2014, 07:47 PM
Wow,what do you mean by killing Templar armors?

I am assuming there is supposed to be a comma between mean and by hence making it sarcasm?

Yes, the darn suits have minds of their own! (Would have been the response lol)

MakimotoJin
11-26-2014, 07:53 PM
I am assuming there is supposed to be a comma between mean and by hence making it sarcasm?

Yes, the darn suits have minds of their own! (Would have been the response lol)

Wait,now I'm confused.Let's just slowly walk away from this conversation...
So,did you beat all of the Legendary Battles?

Rafe Harwood
11-26-2014, 08:01 PM
Wait,now I'm confused.Let's just slowly walk away from this conversation...
So,did you beat all of the Legendary Battles?

lol

In ac1 there were 50? templars you could kill. I never found them all so I keep looking from time to time when I load up that game. They wore the white armor with the red cross like the armor from Rogue.

Yes, I have done everything on Rogue. Currently working on the leaderboards. Won't get far globally as the states are a week ahead release wise, but Regionally, I'm working my way up the boards lol

MakimotoJin
11-26-2014, 08:33 PM
Ah man,I played just a bit of AC1 a long time ago,I can't remember much.Ugh,I can't believe the ultimate armor for Rogue is a pretty ugly Templar armor.Doesn't fit with the time period,nor with Shay.In fact,every unlockable armor is ugly.The Native armor and the Viking Armor are horrible.
I'm almost finished with Rogue,as soon as I get everything from the River Valley,I'll get the platinum trophy.Then I'll probably play it again from the start,after the Legacy Outfits and DLCs are fixed.

PaGuy919
11-26-2014, 08:51 PM
I beat the storm fortress on the first try. I kept sending mortars after it, and then explosive shot with the upgraded ram to hit it head on. After that I got it to follow me, and used burning oil to take its health under half. I continued using mortars and broadsides on its rear and charging when I could. That's the strategy I would suggest to anyone.

KoloheB
11-27-2014, 04:16 AM

Let me guess...you got the Morrigan fully upgraded and thought there's no strategy when fighting against the toughest ship of the whole game.Check for tips in the forums.Look for some videos in YouTube.I was also frustrated about it.Took me half a hour to know that the ship sails in a pattern,and that I had to go all zig-zag to not die.

Please, tell me something else I don't know. /s Already read all the tips. Watched every YouTube video of the battle. Still can't beat it. Tried following it but can't because it moves & turns too quick, even with the charged ram. Tried zig zagging. Doesn't work. Try again.

Crouching.Tiger
11-27-2014, 12:26 PM
I did it on like the fourth try, it was surprisingly easy when I came up with a strategy (OK, I didn't really come up with it, I combined strategies from several online guides).

*Keep your distance, you have to avoid the broadsides to circle around the ship and shoot it from behind. Try to follow it movements when it turns, use heavy shot if you want to get close (I didn't). Focus on avoiding damage first, dealing damage second.
*To avoid the mortars, just stop and turn the ship around while you go back to full sail.
*Use mortars to weaken it, but you better save some shots for the two ships that appear when the Storm Fortress is low on health.
*When the ships appear, pull back, as one of them will go after the Storm Fortress and kill it off for you.
*Then continue to keep distance (most importantly, don't let them flank you) while you bombard the ships with mortars and the occasional broadside.
*When you sink one ship, the other will go bananas, gain speed and try to ram you, so try to keep distance, use burning oil and heavy shot when it gets close.

Henge1759
11-27-2014, 01:49 PM
The way I beat it was, Sail Directly at her. Get in front ant turn away from her. Use your fire barrels. they do a lot of damage. If She moves away from you, rinse and repeat. When the damage gets low enough 2 more ships show up. Don't change tactics, stay till original ship is dead. Then focus on the other ships. Take them 1 at a time, as you see fit. I just went right after them firing flame shot and ramming them.

Henge1759
11-27-2014, 01:56 PM
*fire barrels=burning oil*

MakimotoJin
11-27-2014, 04:36 PM
Please, tell me something else I don't know. /s Already read all the tips. Watched every YouTube video of the battle. Still can't beat it. Tried following it but can't because it moves & turns too quick, even with the charged ram. Tried zig zagging. Doesn't work. Try again.

Well if you're really trying,then I suggest training a bit more.Although it turns too quick,it can be avoided.If you're far from the ship and it start to aim at you,go full stop turn to the other side,and use the charge ram.That might help as well.

ERICATHERINE
11-28-2014, 05:34 PM

Well for the trophie, you can have (and keep) it by using the first cheat code you can get in the game. Hope it help. ^-^

TRON STEADY
02-16-2015, 09:20 AM
whoever designed the storm fortress level is an absolute idiot. I hope he/she gets fired.

phoenix-force411
02-16-2015, 10:08 AM
I thought it was a great way to test ones skill. After killing 3 in continuous succession, I hoped for one to give me a challenge that my Morrigan deserved. Clearly, I bargained for more than I expected, but in the end, it all worked out. Sure, the Storm Fortress is a pain to defeat, but I thought this was a great challenge despite the annoyance of being brought to critical state quickly.

NondairyGold
02-16-2015, 01:37 PM
After an age I finally managed to do it! When you get the tactics right it's actually quite straightforward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWeah7iqWxE

Fatal-Feit
02-16-2015, 03:15 PM
Are the Legendary Ships in Rogue harder than Black Flag's? That battle was intense.

TRON STEADY
02-17-2015, 01:17 AM
whoever designed the storm fortress level is an absolute idiot. I hope he/she gets fired.

did the game designers check over this impossible crap before releasing it? what an absolute bunch of ******s

JustPlainQuirky
02-17-2015, 01:19 AM
I havent been able to play Rogue ever since release day as I no longer have an xbox to borrow but when I finally can afford a PC I will look forward to these legendary fleets!

RADAR__4077
02-17-2015, 07:58 PM
What is it with the people whining about being too hard?

It was the only time I ever died!

Seriously. I played through the entire story and all of the side missions, and that 1 fight was the only time the enemy managed to kill me.

No wonder there aren't any challenging games anymore.

I don't like having every level extremely difficult, but it's insulting when they make it so easy that you can beat 50:1 odds no problem! I only died once! I miss games when I was actually challenged. Not being able to easily take on 20+ enemies and being given a waypoint every 50ft so I don't get lost!

CandiedTexas364
03-09-2015, 12:34 AM
Are the Legendary Ships in Rogue harder than Black Flag's? That battle was intense.

Lets see

Black flag

Ghostship is relatively easy if you tag it and get behind

La Dama Negra is very easy ONCE you spot out a specific strategy. Still it took me 5 tries to figure out.

Twins are hard. There is a strategy as well.

Impoluto took me 20 times or so. There is a strategy (or several as well).

Rogue.

3 first battles where soooo easy. (Either that or I am a skilled captain after el impoluto). No strategy whatsoever.

Storm Fortress AFTER 30/40 tries in an hour (or less) I decided to resell the game. I got killed in a second each try.

Finished of every other mission including ALL collectibles.

Tryed again and got her 5th time. No idea how. Guess it was a mix between mortars, firebarrells (if uou get her to get into some of these they make tons of damage) AND luck.

When the 2 other ships apeared my healthbar was blinking red and she had 2 blue squares left. Furtunately one ship must have sunk her as she dispeared. No idea how but those 2 other ships sank with a few mortars and broadsides without killing me as I was already one or two shots away from sinking.

Just wondering as this is my 2 AC game (3 game on a console, started playing in january). Why dont this games have a difficulty adjustment option.

Some complain its too hard, others say its too easy... so everybody would adjust the level to his or her skills.

bitebug2003
03-09-2015, 03:34 AM
But for the Legendary Ships my Sync progress will stay on 92% in Rogue as I have no time for such silly nonsense (even with a fully upgraded Ship) might as well put an on-board motor on both ships and call them speed ships.

Those on Black Flag were far more engaging (aside from El Impoluto which at times almost landed on top of the Jackdaw)

maw29
04-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Is there a trainer or something to get past this? I can't beat the damn thing and if ubisoft can make a cheat ship like this I should be able to cheat as well! Done with Ac series.

Derp43
04-06-2015, 06:14 PM
People like you are the reason we can't have difficult games anymore...

maw29
04-07-2015, 05:24 AM
they want to sell games gear them towards the audience. If I was the dev I would have made the mission gear down slightly as you lost. I spent 4 hours trying to defeat this and I am very upset as I could complete everything else. I'm glad you're so good at this game but I paid for entertainment and instead I found grief! Not only from the game but from ubisoft support as their is thousands of people like myself that can't complete this mission. I'd love to see how 12 random people would do.

Anykeyer
04-07-2015, 08:32 AM
Got it on my 1st try. If they ever patch Rogue they should make this fight more difficult.

dnameless1
05-13-2015, 08:27 PM
Hmm well, I'm not going to say it was easy.

Read about it before I tried it (including very colorful and creative curses), it still annoyed the hell out of me the first few tries. Almost hit the screen, and then remembered that was somewhat okay back in the CRT/glass screen days, but probably less of a good idea with modern day monitors.

Still killed it/them all in 5 or 6 tries, using the tips one can find just about everywhere when searching for this bastard, along with a bit of luck. When I read about this thing, I wasn't sure I wanted to even try it, but just tried it, and succeeded with relatively few tries/buildup of annoyance (to my surprise, I must admit).

So.. this stuff is just from what one can find when searching for this "battle".

Probably/definitely upgrade your ship up to max levels (already did that long time ago, and still failed at the first few attempts).

Getting behind it with the ram speed will help, same thing goes for using that ram speed for dodging attacks. If you don't use that ram speed thing, you're probably screwed. And you probably want to use it a lot.

As far as I can remember (it was a bit hectic..), this is what I did when I succeeded;

I did a bunch of mortar attacks in the beginning, kept my distance, as far as that was possible, did any other attack I could do whenever I was close enough, until most of my allied ships were gone.

Then I concentrated (more) on getting behind the bastard and still launching any attack I could (mortars, etc) while still trying to get behind it. Then, when my final allied ship was gone, it (Storm Fortress) came after me, and I used the flame oil stuff on it (pretty sure I killed it with that). Of course, somewhere before that kill event, the two other ships came along. I guess I would advice (like some other people/sites) to kill off the SF as soon as that happens, so you can concentrate on the other two ships.

I had a reasonable amount of mortars left, used those on both of them along with other shots of opportunity, and when there was only one left, I used the remainder of my oil/mortars on it.

So, in short, it is definitely a pain in the *ss. You probably will benefit from a bit of luck (meaning even with the same "strategy" it might take a couple of tries). Definitely upgrade your ship to the fullest extend possible. Even then, insert luck. Brace (didn't mention that before I see) and more importantly use the ram speed a lot/much/always. And as far as I'm concerned, once the other two ships arrive, kill off the main target (Storm Fortress) a.s.a.p.

Perhaps this will help.