PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] Subject 17 (Desmond miles.)

Steekbaard66
11-24-2014, 08:45 PM
guys..i'm gonna ask you something and I want you to truthfully answer.

First: Did you like Desmond. (If yes why? if not why?)
second: Will you care if Ubisoft brings him back going forward from 3 and forgetting about black flag, rouge and unity?
Third: How much do you think it will take to get ubi to bring Desmond back?
Fourth: do you think all of us will be able to get ubi to bring Desmond back?

I know i'm not the only one that thinks ubi really messed up the present day...I miss playing Desmond. The story of the ancestors were a backdrop to a already amazing story! I bought assassins creed for the present day...and now...I really miss the old AC.

Altair1789
11-24-2014, 09:21 PM
guys..i'm gonna ask you something and I want you to truthfully answer.

First: Did you like Desmond. (If yes why? if not why?)
second: Will you care if Ubisoft brings him back going forward from 3 and forgetting about black flag, rouge and unity?
Third: How much do you think it will take to get ubi to bring Desmond back?
Fourth: do you think all of us will be able to get ubi to bring Desmond back?

I know i'm not the only one that thinks ubi really messed up the present day...I miss playing Desmond. The story of the ancestors were a backdrop to a already amazing story! I bought assassins creed for the present day...and now...I really miss the old AC.

Some advice: a spoiler tag for the thread would be helpful

1: I didn't particularly like Desmond but since he died I really wish they'd bring him back.
2: They seem too reluctant to make a REAL modern day story without Desmond, so I'd love it if they brought him back. The game has been injured by lack of modern day in my opinion.
3: I've been thinking maybe they're inching away from modern day (due to a lot of people apparently disliking it), so if a LOT of people got together to say we want Desmond back, he might come back in the next few games
4: It's kind of unlikely though because that would change a lot in terms of storyline

I agree with you about the current state of modern day "missions"

Steekbaard66
11-24-2014, 09:29 PM
I cant edit the thread anymore...sorry. (I cant add spoiler to the title.)

strigoi1958
11-24-2014, 11:37 PM
It is not a question of whether or not I liked Desmond.... Desmond or the modern section exists ... to explain that when we die... we don't die we just desynchronize and the Animus exists so we have a starting point in order to navigate through menus and restart a section or memory.
I think there are plenty of modern day alternatives such as WD, Farcry, GTA, just cause etc, etc so there's no need for a modern day game as it would compete with these... in the present day having a hidden blade, smoke bombs and a blow pipe against machine guns and grenades would be a very short fight.... and to have a modern day assassin without all the assassin weapons would stop it being an assassins game to me....
After playing 20 hours as Ezio then playing 20 minutes as Desmond made me feel it was a break in immersion and I really couldn't think that 20 minutes was the game and Altair, Ezio, Connor Edward (and Haytham) or Arno could be considered just a backdrop to Desmond. I guess they could do a modern day DLC.... but as I posted in the other thread.....

When we're talking about immersion.....

I'm sailing away, the spray is fresh I can hear the seagulls, the crew are singing shanties, there's a storm behind me I'm trying to outrun and sails on the horizon ahead, the sun is scorching down and the wood on the deck has a sea water swirling around as we rise and fall over each wave.... I've checked Kenways fleet, I've checked the maps I've plotted my course and picked up cargo and crewmen floating around, I can see a whale off the port side and beyond it a cave in the rocks that is crying out to be explored.... over the starboard side is a shipwreck that I might stop to dive for treasure.... and then.... I'm sat in an office and a guy is asking me to take an elevator down to the lobby and give a package to a courier... instant immersion end for me...

Plus when he was brought back there would have been a few other subjects in between. Maybe 30 .. so you could call him subject 47 and shave his head and tattoo a bar code on the back of his neck :D

PricklyBlitz
11-25-2014, 12:25 AM
It is not a question of whether or not I liked Desmond.... Desmond or the modern section exists ... to explain that when we die... we don't die we just desynchronize and the Animus exists so we have a starting point in order to navigate through menus and restart a section or memory.
I think there are plenty of modern day alternatives such as WD, Farcry, GTA, just cause etc, etc... in the present day having a hidden blade, smoke bombs and a blow pipe against machine guns and grenades would be a very short fight.... and to have a modern day assassin without all the assassin weapons would stop it being an assassins game to me....
After playing 20 hours as Ezio then playing 20 minutes as Desmond made me feel it was a break in immersion and I really couldn't think that 20 minutes was the game and Altair, Ezio, Connor Edward (and Haytham) or Arno could be considered just a backdrop to Desmond. I guess they could do a modern day DLC.... but as I posted in the other thread.....

When we're talking about immersion.....

I'm sailing away, the spray is fresh I can hear the seagulls, the crew are singing shanties, there's a storm behind me I'm trying to outrun and sails on the horizon ahead, the sun is scorching down and the wood on the deck has a sea water swirling around as we rise and fall over each wave.... I've checked Kenways fleet, I've checked the maps I've plotted my course and picked up cargo and crewmen floating around, I can see a whale off the port side and beyond it a cave in the rocks that is crying out to be explored.... over the starboard side is a shipwreck that I might stop to dive for treasure.... and then.... I'm sat in an office and a guy is asking me to take an elevator down to the lobby and give a package to a courier... instant immersion end for me...

the only real way to bring desmond back is to say that physically his body died but instead was stuck in an animus like state like subject 16 or even some being like juno...I liked Desmond but it always felt like the writers wanted to kill him from the very start by not giving him anything real to do and it was just unfair to the character

buff730
11-25-2014, 04:47 AM
I think I'm one of the few that actually liked Desmond and enjoyed the convoluted storyline. I hope some form of Desmond returns in AC, but I doubt they'll listen to us. Angry fans are heard better than one's giving praise. I actually liked the storyline and main villain in AC2 but many didn't like clearly knowing the truth of who the true villain was till much later in the game, so for AC Brotherhood they had a nut job for a villain without any mystery surrounding what was happening. If a lot people complain about wanting Desmond they'll most likely bring him back, but it all depends on the majority.

YazX_
11-25-2014, 04:23 PM
I cant edit the thread anymore...sorry. (I cant add spoiler to the title.)

Edited it for you but please do remember to put [SPOILER] in title and use Spoilers tag in posts for any content that match that description.

Steekbaard66
11-25-2014, 09:27 PM
will do sorry.