PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft and Disney

N4ttcr4wl3r
11-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Hi Guys

I had a thought the other day and i wanted to know if anyone shared it.

The reason it is in assassins creed forum is because it stems from my love of Assassins Creed Black Flag.

So me and my mate was discussing the fact how Blackflag is so Exploration friendly, as in your not stuck to just doing missions in one or 2 towns, your out at sea, having fun and pillaging ships and getting a wanted level (much like GTA).

But then Unity came out and i was like, were are the ships etc.. and IMO i feel they have gone back in time, and looking at many forums the feeling is mutual.

So i then thought, what about if Ubisoft partnered with Disney, to Make a Pirates of the Carribean Franchise, but use the Engine and Game Mechs from Blackflag. Taking on Ideas such as choosing which char you start with, whether it be jack sparrow or will turner or barbosa himself. But going back to that idea, take Jack Sparrow for example, they could come up with a series of missions up to the point of him meeting Will and the rest of the bunch. Now if they did this, the sailing and all the mechanics behind it could be used here because many will agree, they are great.

You probably get the picture but i just wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on this or had been thinking the same?

thanks.

SixKeys
11-24-2014, 03:41 PM
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/346/a/f/ac4__disney_poster_style_by_jesskat_art-d6xpxxs.jpg
http://jesskat-art.deviantart.com/art/AC4-Disney-poster-style-419434768

N4ttcr4wl3r
11-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Guessing thats a pisstake, i meant a game not a film..

LoyalACFan
11-24-2014, 04:01 PM
Honestly i don't think the PotC franchise is all that special. Johnny Depp is awesome in it, but beyond his character there's really nothing all that iconic about the series. Replace Edward Kenway with Captain Jack, and boom, AC4 is now a PotC game, no other changes necessary. And we know Johnny Depp isn't going to reprise his role exclusively for a video game (unless maybe it's a movie tie-in that only requires a few voiceover lines from him) so I don't get what the allure of a PotC game in AC4's engine would be. That would basically just be AC4.

N4ttcr4wl3r
11-24-2014, 04:04 PM
Honestly i don't think the PotC franchise is all that special. Johnny Depp is awesome in it, but beyond his character there's really nothing all that iconic about the series. Replace Edward Kenway with Captain Jack, and boom, AC4 is now a PotC game, no other changes necessary. And we know Johnny Depp isn't going to reprise his role exclusively for a video game (unless maybe it's a movie tie-in that only requires a few voiceover lines from him) so I don't get what the allure of a PotC game in AC4's engine would be. That would basically just be AC4.

Hmm i guess when you put it that way, your right, for me the POTC franchise is more about the ships, i love the Queen Annes revenge and i suppose i wish you could remodel the jackdaw or even get another ship alot like it. But then again, maybe somone out there will, if you can model GTA on the PC with cars etc like putting in supras and BMWs etc, then why cant it be dont on AC4 to remodel the jackdaw :p