PDA

View Full Version : If you've lost your save data in ACU, don't hold your breath waiting for help...

MentalHegemony
11-23-2014, 11:30 PM
This is what UbiSoft calls customer support. And they wonder why we moan in the forums instead of raising a ticket.. An absolute waste of time and money. I've never despised a company so much in my life.

Matthew11/23/2014 1:34:16 AM
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to compensate you for any lost data that you have come across. I apologize for any inconvenience that you have encountered.

MentalHegemony11/23/2014 1:14:42 AM
Of course this isn't answered to my satisfaction. You in fact never replied to me despite your insistence that you've been waiting 4 days for my response. I've checked every day.

If you can't replace my save file you could at least make an effort to compensate me in some way for the 30 hours of play that I lost through no fault of my own.

Matthew11/19/2014 12:50:57 AM
Unfortunately, it looks like you have encountered a saved game data corruption. With issues related to saved data corruptions or lost save data, there is nothing we can do to fix the problem.

If the file itself is corrupted, you will in-fact have to start a new game. There is no way for us to go in an fix a corrupted file.

I wish I had a better answer for you. We have forwarded similar instances up to our development teams for further review.

NightmareGK13
11-24-2014, 12:37 AM
demand for a season pass... or file an official complaint... not one to technical support... if this ever happens to me, I'll fight as hard as I can, and you should do the same, i'm sure the community has your back, and all those who like you lost their progress...

strigoi1958
11-24-2014, 12:49 AM
You haven't "lost" 30 hours.... you've spent 30 hours doing something you enjoyed... you've lost your save point. If your pc crashed or your graphics card burnt out and you needed a new pc and lost your save point... would you be demanding Dell, or alienware or whoever sold you a pc that they need to compensate you for losing a game save point ? or Nvidia or AMD because they supplied a card that burnt out ? No.

It is unfortunate and I lost my save point on ACBF but it wasn't cancer, it wasn't losing a family member... it's a game and I still had the game and I had really enjoyed playing the game up to that point... it was slightly annoying that my cloud synch lost data but I simply started again with the knowledge that I knew what to do for the first 22 hours.... plus I have replayed it twice since then so it really isn't THAT important... although it is annoying.

I--Skeptik--I
11-24-2014, 01:42 AM
You haven't "lost" 30 hours.... you've spent 30 hours doing something you enjoyed... you've lost your save point. If your pc crashed or your graphics card burnt out and you needed a new pc and lost your save point... would you be demanding Dell, or alienware or whoever sold you a pc that they need to compensate you for losing a game save point ? or Nvidia or AMD because they supplied a card that burnt out ? No.

It is unfortunate and I lost my save point on ACBF but it wasn't cancer, it wasn't losing a family member... it's a game and I still had the game and I had really enjoyed playing the game up to that point... it was slightly annoying that my cloud synch lost data but I simply started again with the knowledge that I knew what to do for the first 22 hours.... plus I have replayed it twice since then so it really isn't THAT important... although it is annoying.

This is a bad argument dude. Yes, he did enjoy his 30 hours, but now, he has to face the ****ty reality that gamers don't like to face, he has to re-do the 30 hours to get where he left off. Yes, it could be fun, but not as much as the first time because now he knows what to expect from his progression. There's no "first time surprise" anymore, at least not for those 30 hours of game play he now has to sit through again.

If there's one thing I hate as a gamer, it's having to re-do something that I do not wish to do by choice and in this case, he has no choice. Even when he gets to that "30 hour mark" again, it's never going to be as good as it should have originally been.

So, in a manner of speaking, Ubi just completely killed his immersion and it will never be the same again, at least not for that game.

Then again, if you had amnesia or alzheimer's, then there's nothing that can ruin his immersion :p Every time would be the first time.

strigoi1958
11-24-2014, 02:02 AM
Just putting it into context... I lost my cloud synch with ACBF it happens... what does he want ? Ubisoft to create a team to listen to thousands of people guess how much they had played... at what exact point they were in the game, the exact number of items, chests, equipment puzzles and money they had done and unlocked... the game isn't linear... you can play the whole main story in a few hours apparently or like me you can avoid as much as possible just doing every chest cockade and side mission.... then imagine all the complaints after that...

"I had 3 more cockades in that part of Paris and 2 of my chest are undone that were locked stupid ubi ruined my game save repair"
It is completely impossible...

I'm saying YES it is frustrating, yes it is annoying and Yes especially if you were going to play this game ONCE and ONCE only and never go back to a memory to try for 100% synch then YES it would be extremely irritating... but most gamers do not fall into that category. Nothing done once can ever have the first time feel again (unless he has alzheimers as you pointed out ;)) but only up to a point... the animations/ cut scenes are the same but how you go about the game is up to the player, it can be played entirely different.. no real surprises up to the point you were before but how you get there is up to you. In acbf I tried to only use the hidden blade as a close weapon and try for as many air assassinations as possible.

But we're not talking about life changing events here... we're talking about a PC game (and don't think I undervalue that as I've been playing since 1984 on Amigas) I'm saying there comes a time where you have to put things into perspective.

Nothing can be done, save games cannot be transferred from one user to another (unless this has changed recently) and just be angry, accept it and start playing again, in a day or 2 it will not matter.

Sekuiya.
11-24-2014, 02:25 AM
I actually got a tip when I asked about the same problem in Support. I didn't need to use it since I was able to recover my save from a backup I had made when I started reading reports of these situations.
Maybe it can help you, I dunno.

Please can you run through the below steps.

Back up your initial save files (they can be found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\) then launch the game in offline mode.
Start a game then press ALT + TAB to go back to desktop and drag your save files back in the game folder. Quit and relaunch the game. You should now be able to pick up your game. Play until the game saves again then go back to online mode. Uplay will detect a Cloud sync issue & ask you to import your local saves. Accept and the issue should be fixed.

I--Skeptik--I
11-24-2014, 03:57 AM
Well, I know Ubi has a reputation for this kind of stuff happening, so I copied my save game folders around 20 hours or so to prepare for just this incident, so, if you can share saved games, I would be more than happy to help others out that are FUBAR. I just don't know how to go about doing it. If there is in fact a way to do this, someone tell me how and I will do it. I know it's not exactly what the people want, but if I can help, I will. :eek:

Sekuiya.
11-24-2014, 04:10 AM
Most likely saves are tied into your account. They probably will appear as corrupt to other people, but this is just a guess.

strigoi1958
11-24-2014, 04:32 AM
Most likely saves are tied into your account. They probably will appear as corrupt to other people, but this is just a guess.

It was like this for ACBF and I expect it is the same now :(

strigoi1958
11-24-2014, 05:36 AM
Well, I know Ubi has a reputation for this kind of stuff happening, so I copied my save game folders around 20 hours or so to prepare for just this incident, :eek:

Now THAT is great advice :)

MentalHegemony
12-06-2014, 08:47 PM

Apples and oranges. If my card broke or PC and it was under warrantee, I'd ask for it to be fixed. Same here. If you release a game that is clearly broken, you should be under obligation to fix it. There is a reasonable assumption that when you purchase software, it is fit for purpose. If you don't get that, then you are a part of the problem. You don't hold your retailers to the very basic premise that they have to sell you a serviceable product, then you are just letting them take your money and flip you the bird, Don't be the sheep, be the wolf.

MentalHegemony
12-06-2014, 08:48 PM
This is a bad argument dude. Yes, he did enjoy his 30 hours, but now, he has to face the ****ty reality that gamers don't like to face, he has to re-do the 30 hours to get where he left off. Yes, it could be fun, but not as much as the first time because now he knows what to expect from his progression. There's no "first time surprise" anymore, at least not for those 30 hours of game play he now has to sit through again.

If there's one thing I hate as a gamer, it's having to re-do something that I do not wish to do by choice and in this case, he has no choice. Even when he gets to that "30 hour mark" again, it's never going to be as good as it should have originally been.

So, in a manner of speaking, Ubi just completely killed his immersion and it will never be the same again, at least not for that game.

Then again, if you had amnesia or alzheimer's, then there's nothing that can ruin his immersion :p Every time would be the first time.

Well said, and thanks.

strigoi1958
12-06-2014, 11:37 PM
Apples and oranges. If my card broke or PC and it was under warrantee, I'd ask for it to be fixed. Same here. If you release a game that is clearly broken, you should be under obligation to fix it. There is a reasonable assumption that when you purchase software, it is fit for purpose. If you don't get that, then you are a part of the problem. You don't hold your retailers to the very basic premise that they have to sell you a serviceable product, then you are just letting them take your money and flip you the bird, Don't be the sheep, be the wolf.

Check the EULA and if you are covered then sue them, but I think you will find they do not guarantee save points. My point about the card or your PC burning out is not that you'd get a new card or pc but would you be able to sue your card maker or your pc supplier over a save point being lost ?

Nobody takes my money I give it freely but wisely and very sparingly as I rarely pay more than 60% of any games RRP. That makes me the wolf ;)

Also please tell me what you want Ubi to do and how do you expect them to do it ?

medavroog
12-07-2014, 01:02 AM

Ever since UbiSoft gave out free exclusives from the Season's Pass, UbiSoft just won over hundreds of fanbois to defend the mistakes such as the one you addressed. Before yet more fanbois jump at the comment, the exclusives of the Season's Pass is purchased exclusives ... despite it was meant to be purchased, it was still meant to be exclusives. Now with the army of fanbois [pronounced fang-bwahz], you will only get such official responses and trolled by the fanbois.

I, myself, also currently having a corrupt savegame file for the second time ... the difference this time is, despite I delete the files and turned-off the cloud sync ... as long as I reach the end of first cinematic ... my game crash. By turning back on the cloud sync, my game crash at the point where it crashed before. So ... either way, I cannot play the game at all ... and I just lost the gameplay for the second time​. ... and what are we to expect from UbiSoft?

strigoi1958
12-07-2014, 02:18 AM
As soon as you start to attack another forum member by name calling... you lose all sympathy and any respect for your problem. Medavroog if your game crashes in 1 particular place then I suggest you verify your game files.

If you read all the posts you'll see I've lost a game save before but I'm mature enough to think it isn't life threatening it IS just a game, it isn't a law suit and what on earth do you honestly think anyone without supernatural or god like powers can do ?

FYI unlike you.... I have never purchased a season pass in my life

medavroog
12-07-2014, 04:43 AM
As soon as you start to attack another forum member by name calling... you lose all sympathy and any respect for your problem. Medavroog if your game crashes in 1 particular place then I suggest you verify your game files.

If you read all the posts you'll see I've lost a game save before but I'm mature enough to think it isn't life threatening it IS just a game, it isn't a law suit and what on earth do you honestly think anyone without supernatural or god like powers can do ?

FYI unlike you.... I have never purchased a season pass in my life

First of all, I didn't name anyone living or dead for your information and no sympathy were ever given to me anyways ... besides, I am asking for none. So, nice try. As for verify game cache and check this and that ... etc. ... also for your information, had already done those since the first crash.

FYI unlike you.... I have always purchased the Season's Pass to support UbiSoft despite​ they let me down many times.

Update Note: ... Also about your claim of mature. Shall you be indeed marking my words, you'll see I have stated I have lost a game save before my second lost of which, I didn't make a thread to rant about it nor have I spoke about the ordeal until I decided to respond to this thread's OP's personal experience ... my comment was addressed to the OP, not you ... and my comment was just a personal thought reflecting to the OP's experience.

strigoi1958
12-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Just because you do not name anyone specifically it doesn't mean you are not being disrespectful by throwing out names like Fanbois and then going to great length to describe how it is pronounced and throw in the word troll....
Plus as you have spent a far greater amount on Ubi games than I... it begs the question who of us would be considered a fanboi

If you want to be a useful contributor please tell me what can be done to replace a corrupt save file with every single piece of data, every achievement, the same amount of weapons, equipment and boosts unlocked, the exact amount of money, at the exact point in the game with the exact amount of cockades and chests unlocked in every sector ?

Don't waste time worrying over things you cannot change.

I'm sorry losing a computer game save was such an ordeal for you and if that is one of the worst things that happens to you in your life then that is great and I wish you well. For myself it is just a game and my life exists outside of my PC where real ordeals are far more important and allow me to put such things in perspective.

Plus 2 weeks have passed since this thread started and if the OP had put in 2 hours a day he would have been back where he started.

monsimons
12-07-2014, 03:58 PM
If only they implemented file history on their servers with the option to revert back to older versions... Customer ticket, account id, revert, happy customer. If the problem with save data corruption cannot be fixed in the game, then a backup solution is mandatory... or at least it looks this way to me.

medavroog
12-07-2014, 07:15 PM
If only they implemented file history on their servers with the option to revert back to older versions... Customer ticket, account id, revert, happy customer. If the problem with save data corruption cannot be fixed in the game, then a backup solution is mandatory... or at least it looks this way to me.

Indeed, they should, but they didn't ... hence, such problems continue to damage the experience of players when it strikes.