PDA

View Full Version : Assassination targets (Spoilers)

Assassin_M
11-23-2014, 10:43 PM
I was having a conversation with my friend Kaschra about the Templars in AC Unity being kind of weak character wise. Now, granted, I was only up to sequence 8 and so I haven't met all of them but I found myself agreeing with her and I think it's because of the lack of dialogue in white rooms. to be honest, the memory thing kind of sucks. It's WAAAAY too passive and weak, whereas the white rooms were a lot more engaging (Not AC II's nor ACB's, though, those sucked but they were honestly still better than ACU's memory reading)

Reading memories worked with one target, imo and that was Pierre. I can't imagine him telling Arno about how he was friends with his father and stuff

I feel like the conversations create a bond between the killer and their victim. Something that reading memories(while more realistic because it's explained by the slowing down of time) simply does not deliver.

(Please, be mindful and post any major spoilers between tags. I will not be reading a lot of spoilers since I wont be finishing the game in some time)

Namikaze_17
11-23-2014, 10:54 PM
I agree...what made white room special is that it added a layer to the protagonist in their stance of the AVT War and their overall philosophy.

This was especially apparent in AC1 & AC3

Sushiglutton
11-23-2014, 10:55 PM
It's great that Ubi mixes it up a bit and they should be applauded for that! What I liked about the new approach is how the memories (minor spoiler for overall structure, no specifics):

winded up a conspiracy, piece by piece. The game had somewhat of an investigation theme (both in the main story and the detecive missions) and in that context the new approach made sense.

I also very much enjoy the traditional white rooms. They created a bond (like u said) and felt more unique than flashbacks overall.

Darby is the king of last words btw!

And.......bedtime

Kaschra
11-23-2014, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I really miss the white room speeches. They always were a fave part of the gamde for me.
I kept an open mind for the new approach with the memory reading, but in the end I didn't like it
As you said, the white room speeches create a special bond between Killer and Victim.
You learn more about who the victim really is as a person. The memory reading was just... too weak, too superficial.