PDA

View Full Version : Assassin will retrieve it in......

ElioKenway
11-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Hey all

I played a nomad mission on my app, and I've completed it. Now it says that I have to open the chest with Arno or wait till one of my agents retrieves it. I went to the chest with Arno and tried to open it. Guess what: Play companions to unlock this chest.

U serious? I'm playing no life on this app to get Altaïr's outfit and I can't even open this chest?!

Does anyobody know what happens when I let my agent retrieve it? Will all the items in the chest be gone?

And maybe a noob question. I just started with the game. I recently completed the mission to become an assassin. But I already got the Kenway costume. Any idea on how to wear it? I can't seem to find a clothes or customization menu.

Thanks!

rrebe
11-23-2014, 08:41 PM
I'd think the agent will retrieve it when the timer runs out but you have to sync the app and and the main game (open the app when you have the main game running) to access the rewards.

wvstolzing
11-23-2014, 08:44 PM
... which never works as expected. You go to get the chest yourself, the 'agent' is still busy with it until the timer runs out.

ElioKenway
11-23-2014, 09:00 PM
I'd think the agent will retrieve it when the timer runs out but you have to sync the app and and the main game (open the app when you have the main game running) to access the rewards.

I already did that. Still couldn't open it...

But the question is still here: when an agent retrieves it, will the items in the chest be gone? Or am I still able to get the rewards when the chest finally opens?

SixKeys
11-23-2014, 09:01 PM
And maybe a noob question. I just started with the game. I recently completed the mission to become an assassin. But I already got the Kenway costume. Any idea on how to wear it? I can't seem to find a clothes or customization menu.

Thanks!

In the main menu under Character customization > Gear loadout, you will find all the different clothing pieces and outfits for Arno. If you're still early in the game, it might be that it doesn't become unlocked until you're introduced to the Café Theatre (your homebase), where you have a 'legacy' room with all your special outfits on display.

I already did that. Still couldn't open it...

But the question is still here: when an agent retrieves it, will the items in the chest be gone? Or am I still able to get the rewards when the chest finally opens?

You will still get the rewards. The game will inform you that whatever was in the chest has been added to Arno's inventory.

TwentyGlyphs
11-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Doesn't work for me at all either. I have tons of chests that have been "retrieved" by assassins but they're still in my game, inaccessible. I'm pretty sure the missions the companion app unlocks aren't there either. I've tried many suggestions to try to get them to sync that info, but none of it works. If that doesn't sync, I'm sure the Altaïr outfit won't either. So I've just stopped playing until Ubisoft figures out how online services work.The funny part is that now the companion app has sent me a notification saying "The Nomad Brotherhood awaits you!" Between that and Unity itself constantly begging me to use the app, Ubisoft should be paying me if they want me to use it that badly!

ElioKenway
11-23-2014, 09:26 PM
In the main menu under Character customization > Gear loadout, you will find all the different clothing pieces and outfits for Arno. If you're still early in the game, it might be that it doesn't become unlocked until you're introduced to the Café Theatre (your homebase), where you have a 'legacy' room with all your special outfits on display.

You will still get the rewards. The game will inform you that whatever was in the chest has been added to Arno's inventory.

So if I just wait one day for the agent to retrieve it, I should get the stuff that used to be in the nomad chest?

Doesn't work for me at all either. I have tons of chests that have been "retrieved" by assassins but they're still in my game, inaccessible. I'm pretty sure the missions the companion app unlocks aren't there either. I've tried many suggestions to try to get them to sync that info, but none of it works. If that doesn't sync, I'm sure the Altaïr outfit won't either. So I've just stopped playing until Ubisoft figures out how online services work.The funny part is that now the companion app has sent me a notification saying "The Nomad Brotherhood awaits you!" Between that and Unity itself constantly begging me to use the app, Ubisoft should be paying me if they want me to use it that badly!

So you're telling quite the opposite: agents won't give me the chest items, I have to get them with Arno. That's confusing.

SixKeys
11-23-2014, 09:42 PM
So if I just wait one day for the agent to retrieve it, I should get the stuff that used to be in the nomad chest?

So you're telling quite the opposite: agents won't give me the chest items, I have to get them with Arno. That's confusing.

The way it should work is that the agent retrieves it and the game informs you once you receive its contents. But the app is pretty glitchy ATM and doesn't work the way it should for a lot of people. So it's a toss-up on whether your experience will be closer to mine or TwentyGlyphs'.

SHADOWGARVIN
11-23-2014, 10:23 PM
The app is terrible. I've lost all my progress four times. I can't open any of the chests in the game and i haven't received anything from the chests that have been retreived by my assassins.

ElioKenway
11-23-2014, 10:43 PM
The app is terrible. I've lost all my progress four times. I can't open any of the chests in the game and i haven't received anything from the chests that have been retreived by my assassins.

The way it should work is that the agent retrieves it and the game informs you once you receive its contents. But the app is pretty glitchy ATM and doesn't work the way it should for a lot of people. So it's a toss-up on whether your experience will be closer to mine or TwentyGlyphs'.

I know it's buggy, and I had to restart once too. The point is: I only want the Altair outfit for my lil brother. I promised I would deliver. The uniform is in the last mission which sucks, but I still have my special work and I should be able to unlock it in a week or so. It still won't happen if I can 't open the chest.

I'll see tomorrow if my agent is able to successfully retrieve my chest, just for test.

I'll let y'all know !

ElioKenway
11-24-2014, 08:04 PM
So, I let my agent retrieve it, and the chest is still locked. I don't know though if I got the reward. I should've got a small cash reward, but I don't know if I got it. Didn't get any notification. Any ideas?

ElioKenway
11-24-2014, 08:44 PM
Okay now the app won't sync anymore. Even if I have the Pantheon synced, it won't show synced in the app.

This adventure ends here. I paid 70 dollars for a game that I can't even complete because half of its functions are broken.

Should I request a refund and buy Black Flag?

johnsmith145
11-26-2014, 12:24 AM
This mechanic, even when it works, in fundamentally flawed. Essentially, it tells you to GO PLAY THE **** GAME AND BUY OUR STUPH.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-26-2014, 02:33 AM
I just lost all my Companion progress today. I've pretty much given up on it. It never was fun for me anyway. Too many barely visible glyphs for my liking. If I liked eyesight tests I'd visit an opthalmologist for fun.

Should I request a refund and buy Black Flag?

You can't go wrong with Black Flag.