PDA

View Full Version : Please tweak the difficulty in co-op missions for solo players ?

killzab
11-23-2014, 06:32 PM
I am trying to finish the food chain mission solo and it's just impossible and insufferable ...

And I don't have Playstation + so I have to pay 60 at least to be able to finish those ?!

WTH ?

They should turn down the difficulty when you're playing a mission meant for 4 players solo ....

SixKeys
11-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Isn't The Food Chain a 2-star mission? If you're struggling with that one, good luck with The Tournament, lol.

Personally I enjoy the extra challenge, but the number of enemies should probably be tweaked to reflect how many players are present, like in Wolfpack.

D.I.D.
11-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Despite what they said about all co-op missions being beatable solo, they're not really designed that way. They're designed to be fun for a team, and I have my doubts if they actually playtested all of them as solo experiences, or just some key ones.

Some co-op missions work great as solo missions, and some are even preferable that way (heists, infiltrations especially). Others are just insanely hard. Food Chain is a walk in the park compared to The Tournament's flag course on solo, or Women's March on solo.

In fact, Women's March has a restriction in Private mode that the Public one doesn't even have - you cannot stray far from the friendly NPCs without causing an instant desync. This can be a harder condition to manage than even the gameplay challenge (which is also extremely high for the solo player). In Public mode, your whole co-op team can run up the field doing whatever you like and leave the NPCs behind.

killzab
11-23-2014, 07:26 PM
I got a 2-day trial for PS+ so I was able to try Co-op and it was a mess ...

Single digit framerate, glitchfest and ******ed players... that's why I don't wanna play with other players but the missions are so hard I can't finish them alone... so I'm ****ed !

Shahkulu101
11-23-2014, 07:29 PM
One thing I've noticed about co-op is that's it's way more fun to just fight your way through if you're with a buddy. Stealth is far too methodical if you're trying to have a laugh.

VitoAuditore
11-23-2014, 07:56 PM
@shahkulu I disagree. ive done alot of heists and ive had so much fun with friends just berserk darting guards, then poison gassing the group that follows. yeah in the normal co-op missions stealthing isnt that fun, but try out the last 2 5 star heists. they're super fun

TheIronLotus420
11-23-2014, 08:06 PM
Food Chain is a walk in the park compared to The Tournament's flag course on solo, or Women's March on solo.

The flag course was SUCH a P.I.T.A. trying to figure it out solo. Was such a frustrating hour of my life, but when I finally figured it out and completed it, damn did I feel accomplished lol

SixKeys
11-23-2014, 08:38 PM
One thing I've noticed about co-op is that's it's way more fun to just fight your way through if you're with a buddy. Stealth is far too methodical if you're trying to have a laugh.

Disagree. Co-op with two or more people who know how to be stealthy is just the best. Sometimes the game glitches out, so one of your party members get detected through no fault of their own, but when it works, it's amazing. Me, Fatal-Feit and another guy tried to play The Tournament earlier and kept restarting because the AI was glitchy and we were determined to make it through the first part (stealing four invitations) without any of us being detected. We managed it twice (out of five tries or so) and it was exhilarating.

Heist missions are a lot more frustrating due to the glitchy AI. If you get detected and have to fight your way through, you often lose so much of the prize it's hardly worth finishing the mission. Judging by our club stats, co-op missions are about 10 times more popular than heist missions.

wvstolzing
11-23-2014, 08:40 PM
How much difference does it make, to have top-class armor & weapons?

SixKeys
11-23-2014, 09:17 PM
How much difference does it make, to have top-class armor & weapons?

A lot. I've had the glitch where my weapon sometimes changes back to the most basic sword and then I spend the next few fights getting killed and wondering why it's suddenly so difficult. With proper gear the difference is noticeable, but a five-star mission is still very challenging.