PDA

View Full Version : Really disappointed. Can't even get past main menu because massive delay

genji2314
11-23-2014, 12:37 PM
I play on a laptop (Sony Vaio i5-3210M CPU @2.50 GHz, 4gb RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7650M), i'm not a tech guy but i'm sure it is really ****ty for playing games, regardless i have almost every AC game on STEAM and completed them. I played Black Flag on default settings just fine. I don't care if i play on the lowest possible settings (which is expected), because i'm only playing for the story telling, no shet because it's the same old overpowered parry & counter attack repetitive combat, missions and whatever.

I preordered this on STEAM, haven't even got past the main menu because there is a 2 or 3 second mouse delay. It's that bad, so i didn't even bother starting the game because i know it's going to lag.

strigoi1958
11-23-2014, 01:27 PM
I know people do play Assassin's creed games on laptops but Ubi says the may work but laptops are not supported. Unity needs a lot more powerful system than black flag and I'm afraid all your specs fall way short of Unity's minimum requirements.

The problem with laptops is they cannot be upgraded which means when your graphics card or cpu is not good enough you cannot just replace that item... you have to sell that laptop and buy a new one every few years :( plus everyone who says the reason they have a laptop is because it is portable.... is always sat down with it plugged in to the electric 90% of the time. I guess that's why I see them as business equipment and not gaming.

YazX_
11-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Hello and welcome to the forums, your specs are way below minimum requirements for this game and also laptop video cards are not officially supported although the game might work, however, the team is working on improving performance probably in the next patch, please keep an eye on live updates:

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/index.aspx