PDA

View Full Version : Previous AC games no more working?

Going4Quests
11-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Hey,

Since Unity is installed all of the previous Assassin's Creed games seem to be broken for me. I can launch them up and get to the screen "press any key to enter" but it seems Windows does not recognise I am in the game as the mouse does not respond and is stuck in the left corner, and pressing keys doesnt work either.

What now?

JAC072
11-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Hey,

Since Unity is installed all of the previous Assassin's Creed games seem to be broken for me. I can launch them up and get to the screen "press any key to enter" but it seems Windows does not recognise I am in the game as the mouse does not respond and is stuck in the left corner, and pressing keys doesnt work either.

What now?

I have noticed for some reason bugs now on Black Flag which I never encountered before. Including a CTD which has NEVER happened to me before when playing Black Flag. It appears other AC games are now bugged as well, but not as bad as Unity.

Going4Quests
11-23-2014, 01:33 PM
I really wonder how Ubisoft manages to break older games by releasing new ones..

Lignjoslav
11-23-2014, 02:39 PM
One guess would be that Uplay is making the games unstable after the latest updates.

The other would be that they've broken some shared DLLs, causing what's known as DLL Hell. Windows has had mechanisms to prevent that for ages, but I guess you could circumvent them and break things, if you tried hard enough (say by putting DLLs for different titles in a shared location that's not managed by Windows).

Kisalyn
11-23-2014, 03:19 PM
This is worrisome. I just bought Unity as my first AC game and was looking to get the previous games.